Start by marking “99 Days (Red Proxy #2)” as Want to Read:

His Mission: Save them
His Chances: Hopeless
His Determination: Unstoppable
Published June 2017 by Wardwords

To ask other readers questions about 99 Days, please sign up.
Keith Ward Hi Mary,

Great question! Book 1 is "The Blood King," which is available for free on Amazon:

Note that the art…more
Hi Mary,

Note that the art hasn't been updated to reflect the series name yet, but that's coming.(less)

Lör K.
Jul 18, 2017 is currently reading it
Thank you very much to Keith Ward for offering me a reviewer copy of this after reading my review of The Blood King. I can't wait to get into the second book of this series, for sure!
Jennifer Baysinger
Somewhat predictable but a read well worth it. You find that it keeps you on the edge of your seat, with unexpected twists til the very end.
Petrik
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I reviewed this as one of the SPFBO (Self Published Fantasy Blog off) contest judges.

99 Days is the kind of book with a strong concept but underwhelmed by almost every other factor in the book.

Let it be known first that 99 Days is the 2nd book in the Red Proxy series by Keith Ward and I haven’t read the first book yet. The author submitted this as his SPFBO entry and my experience will be based on reading it without any knowledge that was maybe shed upon in the first book.

The book started out re
Lord Nikon
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the 1st book (novella), but this one kind of hangs a lot of its mid-book action on events that neither matter, nor are very interesting, and it drops to a 3-star (really 2.5 stars if I'm honest).

I can't believe that a world exists where physics largely works as it does here...only nothing, not even humans "float". And the weird thing is that this is not a really huge plot-point, as it only really pertains to one real thing (to trade for help), so I'm entirely unsure why it's nee
Daniell Marsh
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting book. I thought this book had an interesting concept that you could transfer life spans to others so that they lived longer. One downside the person it was transferred from then dies. This story follows a father that finds his wife killed and his children taken just for this purpose when he is away. The story moves along well and keeps your interest as he tries to rescue his children before they are used in this way. I enjoy books that make you think. Would you want to use another hu ...more
Brad
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Captivating From Start to End

In his second book in the Red Proxy series, author Keith Ward leads through an in-depth understanding of the world of Greyfelle. While the first book interspersed the lives and viewpoints of multiple characters, 99 Days is all narrated by Ketram. We follow Ketram through 99 Days while he encounters a maelstrom of emotions and enough twists and turns to keep the story very interesting and captivating.

Along his journey to save his children from the fate of becoming pro
Christi
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that grabs you and keeps you reading it. You want to get to the end to see what happens, yet you don't want it to end! If you read the Blood King first you get an idea of how this world is set up. Danak, Mavel's assistant Span Seer, is one of the main characters in this one. As Kertrand and Danak travel to try to catch up to his babies they run into a host of interesting characters. At times their trust is misplaced and they are betrayed. Kertrand narrowly escapes beco ...more
Diane
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. The second book brings you Danak and Kertram. They are caught in a war between two mad men. Kertram's wife is killed and their triplets kidnap to be used as proxies. Kertram and Danak have many adventures and treachery abounds in this book as they try to rescue the triplets. Truly enjoyed their adventure. Learnt about lullaby sprites, would love one of them. I want to be a dragon guide.
Dawn
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved "The Blood King", so I'm not surprised that I loved "99 Days" too!
It's not often that I lose track of time completely while I'm reading, but I just got so involved with the story and characters in this book that I really didn't care if my family hadn't been fed for a few days (okay, that's an exaggeration... I was only an hour late with dinner!).
Keith Ward is a fantastic writer, with a brilliant imagination, and I can't wait for more "Red Proxy" novels.
Cherie
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it.

I don't read a lot of fantasy, but I really enjoyed this story in the strange world. The main characters were so good or so bad. I couldn't help but love the hero and heroine and the villains were truly evil. I loved the ending and am hoping there is a sequel. I Wii definitely read more from this author.
Roger
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Blood King (Red Proxy #1), was obviously the beginning of an epic and now in my second read from Keith Ward the epic continues. In 99 Days (Red Proxy #2) the action takes off at a faster pace, the character development even better than in the first book and the evolved storyline is even better.
Krystal
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to a world where children & life is just a commodity for whoever can afford it. As with the first book this one is raw, cruel, & devastating, except with more courage & hope. It will definitely take you on a journey that is both cruel & wondrous.
Jaccy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read with a good story line.
Nancy Foster
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spfbo
It took me quite a long time to read this book. It's not that there is anything wrong with it, just that I am so short of free time these days and this is the kind of book where you just have to read it in one go. It should give you an idea of how fun and action packed the story is.

The book stars Ketram, a kind dragonherder from an impoverished village in Shoane whose life forever changes when he discovers his wife Rabiniak just gave birth to triplets. Delighted by the good news that his childre
Frank Hoskovec
Dec 29, 2018
Ksandra
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars

What a continuation to this intriguing series! In this novel, we follow Ketram on his journey to save his children from certain death. He is joined by a Span Seer who was there at the birth of his children.

Now, I will admit that I had read The Rescue(only available via the author's newsletter), which is about Ketram's early life. It was definitely a good intro into his life, although it is not needed to read 99 Days.

Each character was vastly different than the others. Ketram is a griev
Matt LaChapelle
Jun 28, 2017
Colette
Apr 20, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong author on my book 2 12 May 01, 2017 09:19AM
For me, writing is an exploration. I put on my virtual pith helmet, grab my machete and start hacking through my mind, trying to find stuff that's interesting. Mostly, I just want to tell a good story -- I don't have grandiose ideas about changing the world through my prose (that would be nice, but nah -- it ain't happening).

I write mostly in the fantasy genre. I've loved fantasy since discovering

Red Proxy (3 books)
  • The Blood King (Red Proxy #1)
  • The Anointed (Red Proxy #3)
“She told him the White Kingdom was where husbands and wives lived after death. He had never believed her; when he was dead, he’d just be dead, he always countered. Now he saw how foolish he was to never give thought to anything beyond this life.” 1 likes
“Truth doesn’t depend on belief. Truth is its own witness.” The” 0 likes