Start by marking “Della (Cowboys and Debutantes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Della (Cowboys and Debutantes, #2)

Della

(Cowboys and Debutantes #2)

Introducing Cowboys and Debutantes! Enjoy these clean and wholesome, sweet historical western romances. These riches to rags shorts prove that love can be found in the most unexpected places, and that money does not always make the man. But as our debutantes know, it sure helps!

Della Stout can hardly believe it when her father tells her he's lost it all - the money, the h
Published June 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Della, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Della

Kathy Heare Watts
A FUTURE SHE COULD LOOK FORWARD TO

Each of the Cowboys and Debutantes will read as a standalone book. The story will have the family of Della Stout in dire straits when s swindler damages her father’s business and the reputation of the Stout family. From one day being a social butterfly debutant to the family being destitute and now Della has been ostracized. The best her family can do for her and her sisters is to make matches as mail-ordered brides and to send them westward.

Della will travel fr
Cynthia
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Holt knows how to draw her reader in with these short story. I couldn’t even begin to think how these girls felt losing everything from their families money to the life as they know it all to be sent to marry a man they didn’t know. My heart really went out to them. I listened to this in a box set seeing how each girl had to deal with her own issues. They show how strong they are, what they are willing to do, to make a new life for them. As things start going well there is news from home tha ...more
Isha Coleman
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I'm not much for stories in the wild, wild west, but Vivi Holt paints a picture of a world of colorful people with the courage to follow their hearts searching for a better way of life. Della is a descriptive tale of one woman's quest to find her place in the world. Della finds herself with little choice when it comes to her life and she's determined to change all that. An arranged marriage opens her eyes to what life could be if she listens to her heart. Get ready for an adventure full of spiri ...more
Elizabeth
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Della ( Cowboys & Debutantes - Book 2 )
By: Vivi Holt
Della is book two in Cowboys & Debutantes series by Vivi Holt. Wow and Wow, I really do enjoy these mail order bride stories. Ms Holt has did it again. She captured my heart righty at the start and I was hooked. Della is a clean, sweet historical western romance. Ms Holt did not disappoint me. A young debutante has it all , but when her mother tells her that it all has been taken away from them , her suitors want nothing to do with her.
Elissa
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bartered Bride

The family has been swindled and bankrupted; three debutante sisters, the pride of society, have now lost all social standing--and any promises made by aspiring suitors have been forgone. Papa's solution? Ship them off as mail-order brides. Della finds herself in a California mining town where she is met at the station and married within the hour to the town banker who has an apartment upstairs from his bank. She cannot cook, has no notion of how to clean, has never even lit a sto
Patty
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cowboy and Debutantes, are they compatible? Well, Della Stout, a debutante from New York is about to find out. When her family is facing hardship, her father sends the girls out to be married. Della is off to Montana to meet her groom. When she arrives in the small town of Livingston, she knows her life is about to change. Clem has sent for a wife who can take care of the home and be the mother of his children. He had no idea Della was not taught these skills. With patience and kindness, can he ...more
Beverly Laude
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very sweet Mail Order Bride novel. Della Stout is forced to become a mail order bride when her family loses everything to a swindler. Can she make the transition from New York City debutante to Montana bride?

The characters are wonderful and the story is often humorous, as Della has to learn to cook and clean (among all the other things that young brides need to do). Clem White is a perfect gentleman, running his own bank and living in a small apartment above the bank.

The growing relationship b
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A quick and charming romantic read!

Della is a short clean mail-order bride romance. The plot moves at a good quick pace keeping in line with a novella. A fresh, new story line that was quick to read, captivated me, and kept my attention from the beginning to the end. The characters were well developed and easy to like. This author knows how to create a story with enough romance and action to keep the reader entertained and interested. Another good book from a talented author.

Vivi Holt is one
Deb Diem
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Della by Vivi Holt is a western historical romance. This is a fairly quick read, perfect for those with limited time for reading. Ms. Holt has given us a well-written, clean book, safe for any age readers. Della's family has been swindled out of their fortune and she's sent west as a mail-order bride. Clem is a small town banker. Clem and Della's story is sweet with a little drama and humor. I enjoyed reading Della and would happily read more from Vivi Holt. Della is book 2 of the Cowboys and De ...more
Brittany
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
I was looking for a good mail order bride series and decided to give this one a shot. It is a little different because the books are written by different authors. This review is for books one and two. We have a couple of brothers that lose everything and as a result their daughters have to find husbands quick. The first book deals with Effie a girl that really had no idea how to do anything but ends up finding love. Della is a little bit more likable and was enjoyable to read about. I am looking ...more
April
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
: Vivi Holt

This is a short, sweet, clean, western, historical fiction. Della is sent to Montana after her family loses everything. Clem is a decent man, a banker that wants a family. Will she be able to adapt from a life of luxury, to needing to care for her husband and home. Will she be able to make friends? Treat yourself to a fun listen.

The narration was well done. The characters were well portrayed. Meghan Kelly did a fine job entertaining me.

I was given this free review copy audiobook
Renae Goddard
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE SASSY HEROINES! After her father loses the farm, so to speak, pampered Della is sent west and thrown into a world that is foreign to her. Instead of cowering, she pulls herself up by her bootstraps and tackles the daily obstacles with humor and sass. Meanwhile, Clement, her new husband, spends a good amount of time scratching his head, trying to figure out his new bride. He is somewhat bewildered and proud of her. I loved this short dip into the mail-order bride world.
Toula
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have it in Audio
This is a great historical story that tells about life in Early America . It would be thevEdwardian if it was in English.
Hero is Clement. Heroine is Della

This is a mail order bride audio .
What happens when a rich lady’s family gets ruined . The family goes from having Tea and going to balls to being ashamed to be seen .
Della has no choice but to be a mail order bride . The whole family was separated.
Clement goes and meets Della . Only one problem. He was expecting someone mo
Mary Walker
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good husband

Fella becomes a mail order bride. Due to her father and uncle lose everything. They are swindled out of their fortunes. Hello travels west,to meet her new husband. He's a banker and has a small apartment upstairs. Good Read, couple goes though their adjustment time. It'll workout in the end.
Courtney
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
This novel, like so many others, has failed to grab and captivate my attention. There are many different times that I can pick up a novel and cannot finish it at that time; however, I might be able to return to it at a later date. This is one of those, who knows, maybe next time it will be a game changer.
Teresa
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this short romance. I do wish it was longer. Being as it is part of a series I will hopefully get to know more of the Fella and Clem story. Meghan Kelly done a good job. she made miss Prim and Proper Fella sound a little to prim and proper but was still good.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible
A cute story about finding love in the least likely of places. The storyline was a little slow for my liking, but I tend to listen to quicker pace stories at work to make the day go fast. It's a charming, clean read that I'll probably revisit and give another go!
Kathy Gray
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Reading and reviewing books

Sweet little romance from the pioneering times. I never thought of what bankers would have been like then. It sort of surprised me to even think about it
Leona Jackson
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Della

Short and sweet. When life gives you lemons learn to make lemonade. Change can be frightening or you can embrace it. Della makes a choice to make the best of it and was blessed. A satisfying read.
Mary Townsend
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting characters

Vivid Holt has populated this story with interesting and wildly different characters. Each lady brings her own unique experiences to the story and the blending of the stories makes for a very good read!
Diane Bailey
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

Short, sweet and clean. It's hard to imagine how frightening it must have been for a woman to leave the familiar, even if forced to by reduced circumstances and heading into the unknown. I enjoy the success stories but wonder how many failures there were in reality.
Pat Christie
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ebook

She’s a debutante whose family lost all their money. Her mom signs her up to be a mailorder bride. She can’t do anything a wife should do but he falls in love with her anyway.
Heather
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet

Sweet and short western . Our heroine is a wee bit spoiled and can't do much on her own. She is forced West by her parents and learns to do housework with the help of her new friends. Sweet and short .
Kristin Carmack
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

This is a fun read. I enjoyed this book from the very first page. I loved the way the story unfolds. Truly a delightful story!
Gail
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Loved the kindness and caring of the characters. Kept surprising me till the end of the book. Ms. Vivi does it again
Beverly
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Della

Short, sweet, cute. A little hard to believe a women with no experience could handle Livingston MT in its formative years.
Kathleen Newberry Killgallon
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story.
Lisa Lee
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great!

Another great book by Ms. Holt. I was hooked from the very beginning and didn't stop reading until I was finished.
Diamondgirl2634
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Great book, fun read. The story is fun and the characters are real. Highly recommend this book and this series.
Barbara R. Cady
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series

This second book was as good as the first. Nice storyline, great characters. Learning what's really important in life. Looking forward to the next book!

• Once a Scoundrel (The Secret Life of Scoundrels, #4)
  • No Dukes Allowed
  • Jake (Cowboys and Debutantes Contemporary, #1)
  • The Dove: The Second Day (The 12 Days of Christmas Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • RNWMP: Bride for Bryce (Mail Order Mounties #23)
  • Christmas Angel
  • A Mail-Order Dawn (Miners to Millionaires, #6)
  • Cowboys and Calico
  • Season of Miracles (Rios Azules Christmas, #1)
  • Taming the Trainer (Cowboys and Angels, #4)
  • Elof's Mission (Grooms with Honor, #9; Montana Sky)
  • Grace Like Rain (The Heart of San Francisco, #3.5)
  • Mail Order Bride: The Christmas Delivery (Christmas Brides Book 2)
  • Caribbean Rescue
  • Something About Forever
  • The Heart of Home
  • Mending the Duke (Smithfield Market Regency Romance #3)
  • Blessed Arrangements (Miss Main Street #2)
Vivi Holt writes inspirational romance. Of her books, readers say:

"The plot kept me enthralled and the pages turning"
"I cried and laughed"
"What an awesome ending. Can't wait for more!!"

Vivi lives in beautiful Brisbane, Australia with her husband and three young children. Growing up on a farm she learned to love the country life and now she writes about it in her books. History has always fascinate

Cowboys and Debutantes (8 books)
  • Effie (Cowboys and Debutantes, #1)
  • Minnie (Cowboys and Debutantes, #3)
  • Hattie (Cowboys and Debutantes: Historical Book 4)
  • Lula (Cowboys and Debutantes: Historical Book 5)
  • Pearl
  • Love's Saving Grace: A Cowboys and Debutantes Catch Up Story (Cowboys and Debutantes Historical: Book 7)
  • Cowboys & Debutantes Historical: The Complete Series (Cowboys & Debutantes: Historical)