Start by marking “Della (Cowboys and Debutantes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Della (Cowboys and Debutantes, #2)

Della

(Cowboys and Debutantes #2)

Introducing Cowboys and Debutantes! Enjoy these clean and wholesome, sweet historical western romances. These riches to rags shorts prove that love can be found in the most unexpected places, and that money does not always make the man. But as our debutantes know, it sure helps!

Della Stout can hardly believe it when her father tells her he's lost it all - the money, the
Published June 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Della, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Della

Start your review of Della (Cowboys and Debutantes, #2)
Lori D
I absolutely loved this sweet story! Della loves in high society but then her father loses his money when he is taken in by a scoundrel. Her parents decide the only thing they can do is marry her and her sisters off as mail order brides. She ends up in a dusty town with none of the comforts she is use to and a man who expects her to cook and clean!
Clem is a banker and has worked hard to open his bank and has an apartment above stairs. He felt he was at a good place to marry but he never expected
Kathy Heare Watts
A FUTURE SHE COULD LOOK FORWARD TO

Each of the Cowboys and Debutantes will read as a standalone book. The story will have the family of Della Stout in dire straits when s swindler damages her father’s business and the reputation of the Stout family. From one day being a social butterfly debutant to the family being destitute and now Della has been ostracized. The best her family can do for her and her sisters is to make matches as mail-ordered brides and to send them westward.

Della will travel fr
Cynthia
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Holt knows how to draw her reader in with these short story. I couldn’t even begin to think how these girls felt losing everything from their families money to the life as they know it all to be sent to marry a man they didn’t know. My heart really went out to them. I listened to this in a box set seeing how each girl had to deal with her own issues. They show how strong they are, what they are willing to do, to make a new life for them. As things start going well there is news from home tha ...more
Isha Coleman
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I'm not much for stories in the wild, wild west, but Vivi Holt paints a picture of a world of colorful people with the courage to follow their hearts searching for a better way of life. Della is a descriptive tale of one woman's quest to find her place in the world. Della finds herself with little choice when it comes to her life and she's determined to change all that. An arranged marriage opens her eyes to what life could be if she listens to her heart. Get ready for an adventure full of spiri ...more
Elizabeth
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Della ( Cowboys & Debutantes - Book 2 )
By: Vivi Holt
Della is book two in Cowboys & Debutantes series by Vivi Holt. Wow and Wow, I really do enjoy these mail order bride stories. Ms Holt has did it again. She captured my heart righty at the start and I was hooked. Della is a clean, sweet historical western romance. Ms Holt did not disappoint me. A young debutante has it all , but when her mother tells her that it all has been taken away from them , her suitors want nothing to do with her. Her fat
Mary Lou Hoffman
Della is the second book in the Cowboys and Debutantes series. This series is co-authored with Kit Morgan. I’ve been offered the books penned by Vivi Holt from this series and told they will stand without the companion books. I’ll let you know! I can tell you that Della stands on its own.

There couldn’t be much more different about the two people thrown together as mail-order bride and her groom than Della and Clement. Della is a debutante from New York City who is used to parties and fun, servan
Patty
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cowboy and Debutantes, are they compatible? Well, Della Stout, a debutante from New York is about to find out. When her family is facing hardship, her father sends the girls out to be married. Della is off to Montana to meet her groom. When she arrives in the small town of Livingston, she knows her life is about to change. Clem has sent for a wife who can take care of the home and be the mother of his children. He had no idea Della was not taught these skills. With patience and kindness, can he ...more
Elissa
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bartered Bride

The family has been swindled and bankrupted; three debutante sisters, the pride of society, have now lost all social standing--and any promises made by aspiring suitors have been forgone. Papa's solution? Ship them off as mail-order brides. Della finds herself in a California mining town where she is met at the station and married within the hour to the town banker who has an apartment upstairs from his bank. She cannot cook, has no notion of how to clean, has never even lit a sto
Beverly Laude
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very sweet Mail Order Bride novel. Della Stout is forced to become a mail order bride when her family loses everything to a swindler. Can she make the transition from New York City debutante to Montana bride?

The characters are wonderful and the story is often humorous, as Della has to learn to cook and clean (among all the other things that young brides need to do). Clem White is a perfect gentleman, running his own bank and living in a small apartment above the bank.

The growing relationship b
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A quick and charming romantic read!

Della is a short clean mail-order bride romance. The plot moves at a good quick pace keeping in line with a novella. A fresh, new story line that was quick to read, captivated me, and kept my attention from the beginning to the end. The characters were well developed and easy to like. This author knows how to create a story with enough romance and action to keep the reader entertained and interested. Another good book from a talented author.

Vivi Holt is one
Deb Diem
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Della by Vivi Holt is a western historical romance. This is a fairly quick read, perfect for those with limited time for reading. Ms. Holt has given us a well-written, clean book, safe for any age readers. Della's family has been swindled out of their fortune and she's sent west as a mail-order bride. Clem is a small town banker. Clem and Della's story is sweet with a little drama and humor. I enjoyed reading Della and would happily read more from Vivi Holt. Della is book 2 of the Cowboys and De ...more
April
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
: Vivi Holt

This is a short, sweet, clean, western, historical fiction. Della is sent to Montana after her family loses everything. Clem is a decent man, a banker that wants a family. Will she be able to adapt from a life of luxury, to needing to care for her husband and home. Will she be able to make friends? Treat yourself to a fun listen.

The narration was well done. The characters were well portrayed. Meghan Kelly did a fine job entertaining me.

I was given this free review copy audiobook
Brittany
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
I was looking for a good mail order bride series and decided to give this one a shot. It is a little different because the books are written by different authors. This review is for books one and two. We have a couple of brothers that lose everything and as a result their daughters have to find husbands quick. The first book deals with Effie a girl that really had no idea how to do anything but ends up finding love. Della is a little bit more likable and was enjoyable to read about. I am looking ...more
Toula
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have it in Audio
This is a great historical story that tells about life in Early America . It would be thevEdwardian if it was in English.
Hero is Clement. Heroine is Della

This is a mail order bride audio .
What happens when a rich lady’s family gets ruined . The family goes from having Tea and going to balls to being ashamed to be seen .
Della has no choice but to be a mail order bride . The whole family was separated.
Clement goes and meets Della . Only one problem. He was expecting someone mo
Renae Goddard
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE SASSY HEROINES! After her father loses the farm, so to speak, pampered Della is sent west and thrown into a world that is foreign to her. Instead of cowering, she pulls herself up by her bootstraps and tackles the daily obstacles with humor and sass. Meanwhile, Clement, her new husband, spends a good amount of time scratching his head, trying to figure out his new bride. He is somewhat bewildered and proud of her. I loved this short dip into the mail-order bride world.
Mary Walker
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good husband

Fella becomes a mail order bride. Due to her father and uncle lose everything. They are swindled out of their fortunes. Hello travels west,to meet her new husband. He's a banker and has a small apartment upstairs. Good Read, couple goes though their adjustment time. It'll workout in the end.
Courtney
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
This novel, like so many others, has failed to grab and captivate my attention. There are many different times that I can pick up a novel and cannot finish it at that time; however, I might be able to return to it at a later date. This is one of those, who knows, maybe next time it will be a game changer.
Teresa
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this short romance. I do wish it was longer. Being as it is part of a series I will hopefully get to know more of the Fella and Clem story. Meghan Kelly done a good job. she made miss Prim and Proper Fella sound a little to prim and proper but was still good.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Cindy Nipper
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2020
5 stars
Christian Historical Romance
What an interesting premise! Three sisters are forced to marry grooms unseen as their family fortune is lost and the parents send them off to become mail order brides. Della marries a small town banker but he’s got a heart of gold!
Very good narration, but there are some background sounds when there’s a break in the story.
Leona Jackson
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Della

Short and sweet. When life gives you lemons learn to make lemonade. Change can be frightening or you can embrace it. Della makes a choice to make the best of it and was blessed. A satisfying read.
Mary Townsend
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting characters

Vivid Holt has populated this story with interesting and wildly different characters. Each lady brings her own unique experiences to the story and the blending of the stories makes for a very good read!
Pat Christie
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ebook

She’s a debutante whose family lost all their money. Her mom signs her up to be a mailorder bride. She can’t do anything a wife should do but he falls in love with her anyway.
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible
A cute story about finding love in the least likely of places. The storyline was a little slow for my liking, but I tend to listen to quicker pace stories at work to make the day go fast. It's a charming, clean read that I'll probably revisit and give another go!
Kathy Gray
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Reading and reviewing books

Sweet little romance from the pioneering times. I never thought of what bankers would have been like then. It sort of surprised me to even think about it
Heather
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet

Sweet and short western . Our heroine is a wee bit spoiled and can't do much on her own. She is forced West by her parents and learns to do housework with the help of her new friends. Sweet and short .
Diane Bailey
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

Short, sweet and clean. It's hard to imagine how frightening it must have been for a woman to leave the familiar, even if forced to by reduced circumstances and heading into the unknown. I enjoy the success stories but wonder how many failures there were in reality.
Dorothy Beer
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Della

When Della's father was swindled s and lost all their wealth, she and her sisters were sent west as Mail order brides. Clem White was the town banker .They were an unlikely pair. Surprising. Characters and unexpected developments. I gave it 5 stars
ReadingWench
I listened to this one on audio. The premise of this series is great. I loved the way these characters interacted. The way the book was written was well done. I like how Della meets and helps people. Looking forward to more in the series.
Catherine
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice

Thank you for the wonderful story, I enjoyed Della and her trials lol looking forward to more stories in this series.
Gail
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Loved the kindness and caring of the characters. Kept surprising me till the end of the book. Ms. Vivi does it again

• Mail Order Sarah
  • Lucia (Romancing the Weavers Book 1)
  • Mail Order Miranda (Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies #20)
  • A Bride for the Texas Ranger
  • Thimbles and Thistles (Baker City Brides #2)
  • Alfonso (Romancing the Weavers, #2)
  • Arturo (Romancing the Weavers Book 3)
  • Building Forever (The Gilbert Girls, #1)
  • Katie (The Cattleman's Daughters #1)
  • Loving a Rebel: The Preacher's Daughter (Glory, Montana #1)
  • Phoebe's Promise (Oregon Sky, #1)
  • A Snowy Delivery for Christmas (Ornamental Match Maker #20)
  • Mail Order Lila (Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies #21)
  • That Healing Touch (Cutter's Creek, #1)
  • Mail Order Ruby (Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies #19)
  • Mail Order Olivia
  • Mail Order Christine (Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies #13)
  • Mail Order Abigail
Vivi Holt writes inspirational romance. Of her books, readers say:

"The plot kept me enthralled and the pages turning"
"I cried and laughed"
"What an awesome ending. Can't wait for more!!"

Vivi lives in beautiful Brisbane, Australia with her husband and three young children. Growing up on a farm she learned to love the country life and now she writes about it in her books. History has always fascinate

Cowboys and Debutantes (8 books)
  • Effie (Cowboys and Debutantes, #1)
  • Minnie (Cowboys and Debutantes, #3)
  • Hattie (Cowboys and Debutantes: Historical Book 4)
  • Lula (Cowboys and Debutantes: Historical Book 5)
  • Pearl
  • Love's Saving Grace: A Cowboys and Debutantes Catch Up Story (Cowboys and Debutantes Historical: Book 7)
  • Cowboys & Debutantes Historical: The Complete Series (Cowboys & Debutantes: Historical)

News & Interviews