Start by marking “To the Moon and Back (The Baxter Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
To the Moon and Back (The Baxter Family, #3)

To the Moon and Back

(The Baxter Family #3)

Dear Jenna,
Like I do every year, I wrote you a letter. In case you come to the memorial today. In case you want to find me as much as I want to find you.

It was the beginning of a letter not meant for Ashley Baxter Blake, but somehow she finds herself drawn to it. And to the handsome stranger who left it tucked in a chain-link fence for someone named Jenna. That man is Brad
Published May 29th 2018 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about To the Moon and Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To the Moon and Back

Ashley
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
Check out this full review and many more at: 5171 Miles Book Blog

Many thanks to Howard Books/Simon and Schuster for the chance to read and review this novel!

I was absolutely delighted when Simon and Schuster contacted me about Karen Kingsbury’s upcoming release To the Moon and Back, part three in her much-loved Baxter series. Even before I was an avid reader I heard nothing but praise about Kingsbury’s writing. She is a family favorite and go-to author for my mother-in-law.

Though this is the thi
Susan
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To the Moon and Back

Karen Kingsbury

Received from Atria Books

Wow, all I can say is, TO THE MOON AND BACK blew me away! Keep the tissues close by as you are reading and be prepared to go on an emotional roller coaster ride like you have never experienced before. It is the third book in The Baxter Family series but it can easily be read as a stand alone, which is what I did.

Brady Bradshaw returns to the memorial site every year to mourn his mother who was tragically killed in the Oklahoma City bomb
Kathleen
"Kingsbury skillfully weaves a tale of devine love ..in this romantic tearjerker." -Publishers Weekly (starred review)

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

This is the second book by Karen Kingsbury that I have read. I previously read and enjoyed IN THIS MOMENT.

I like the Baxter family and how they get along together. Some of them are on holidays and are going to visit the memorial in Oklahoma o
Anna
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ashley Baxter Blake and Kari Baxter Taylor and their families are taking a vacation together for Spring Break. Their neice, Amy, who lost her parents and sisters in a tragic car crash, wants to visit the memorial site of the Oklahoma City Bombing. She is hoping for a sapling from the Survivor Tree that they hand out on the anniversary of the bombing. She wants to plant it in their backyard as an emblem of her own journey of hope and moving forward. While they are at the site, Ashley encounters a ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I don't think when I picked this up exactly what kind of story I was getting myself into. For now, I'm going to put this one on hold. I don't think it is the type of story for me right now.

*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*
Rissa
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes she prayed God heard her.
Beautiful as always.
Gianna
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
It’s typical Karen Kingsbury - short, to the point, cliched, obvious ending. Some of her older books were great but her more recent ones are just sub-par. I still read them because they’re an enjoyable way to catch up with the characters but honestly, they aren’t very good.

I also think this book presents a dangerous message - the two characters met each other once when they were 17 and yet they are “meant” to be together? It’s very strange and perpetuates ideas that aren’t realistic. It takes m
Brooke Gunderman-Harris
Karen Kingsbury is a master at her craft! I absolutely loved the storyline for these characters and how they grew through the story! There was so much to like about this book that I couldn't find one thing I didn't like! It was an easy read and was even easier to fall in love with!
Jerry
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karen Kingsbury hits it out of the park once again with this novel! Even though it's been a while since I've read any of the stories of the Baxter family, this felt like a reunion with old friends. Can't wait for her next book!
Gabrielle Stoller
Oh goodness. I keep wanting to love Karen Kingsbury latest works.....but there is always something that bugs me. Perhaps it is the now obvious endings we will get (think saccharine Hallmark). Maybe it's the "pray and/or have an interaction with an angel and everything will be alright." Maybe it's the emphasis on Ashley Blake.....and how it ALWAYS is about Ashley. I like that character, I do...yet we do have other Baxter family members we could have as the protagonist.

I did love Amy, the little
Brianna
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't even know what to say. This author used to be my FAVORITE. I read every book, owned most of them, and modeled most of my early writing after hers.

So what the heck happened? Maybe it's the fact that she's churning books out left and right, but I have no idea. All I know is that this book drove me insane. There was the Jesus stuff that is always great, but the characters didn't speak to me. Ashley and Landon drove me nuts (they used to be my favorite).

And the words are bigger. Does anyon
Becki
Okay, I think I've figured out why I'm not loving Kingsbury's books as much as I used to. I'm really done with the Baxters. I enjoyed the original series. And some of the add ons. But I'm read to move on as a reader. The Baxters are just too perfect for me right now. Especially Ashley, who can do no wrong and is always the epitome of wisdom. Even an argument between her and her husband was just glossed over and solved by him apologizing for not understanding as if she didn't have a role to play ...more
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I normally love Karen Kingsbury books, in particular the Baxter Family books....but I struggled with some of the storyline in this one.
Melissa
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The third novel in Kingsbury's Baxter Family series is heart tugging and emotional. Although at times it borders on preachy, the inclusion of the Oklahoma City Bombing and themes of surviving despite horrible circumstances will touch readers deeply. Brady's struggle with faith is raw, yet so realistic. Fans of the Baxters will love this newest offering with both familiar and new characters.

When he was five years old, Brady Bradshaw's mother sacrificed herself in the Oklahoma City Bombing to save
Stephanie Dulac
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karen Kingsbury does it again another wonderful book by her i swear as many books ive read about the Baxter family i cant get enough i could read on forever about them. One of the best parts about her books is she includes people from her other books so you get updates on what happened with them and i know these people are not real but they feel real!!! Must read. 100%
Sharon Baranick
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Honestly, Karen Kingsbury has become a very light read for me- some of her writing often seems forced or fake, like the characters are so goody-goody, and the connections and their ideas of what to do next seem contrived and outlandish (really? These two people would just ‘happen’ to meet-up at the exact right place at the exact right time?) Don’t get me wrong- I am a believer in God and His orchestrations of people that seem amazing, but it just seems like her writing has become fluffy and almo ...more
Melissa Henderson
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of loss, love, hope and faith. Karen Kingsbury writes with great details and compassion in her stories. This is another great one.
Erin
Oct 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Hmm. This was hard for me. I used to LOVE KK's work. But, I feel like something has been lost. Her books strike me as the equivalent of Hallmark Christmas movies -- predictable, lack of depth and character development, re-hashed plots, neat little endings. And it's fine if you like Hallmark movies and KK's work. I just haven't liked the change in her books. She is capable of wonderful, deep, moving Christian fiction. If I wanted fluffy Christian Fiction, I would read more of the monthly club boo ...more
Kelly
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to get to the ending and see what happened. However, this was kind of a far fetched story to include the Baxter Family with another storyline and strangers unrelated to them. It was a stretch and not of the high quality I have read in the past. I listened on audio book--simple storyline which is helpful for audio driving to and from work mainly. I found myself rolling my eyes or giggling at points in the reading as it just seemed to over the top coincidental, etc..
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this book a 4 puppy/star rating. Will post a full review soon!
Kav
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Tissue Box Alert! (and then some!!)

What an exceptionally moving story! Much more than a romance, To the Moon and Back is also (and more importantly) God's love story for us. Kingsbury expertly weaves diverse lives together in powerful ways. My goosebumps had goosebumps in places. And I cried buckets as these characters learned that "God isn't the reason bad things happen. He's the rescue." The author illustrates that in numerous ways throughout the read. Nothing is random where He is concer
Marion
Kelly
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved these books, for the plots and also for the powerful messages they speak. How sad it is so easy for someone to be so hurt that it just consumes his or her life! I’m so glad, though, that God really can heal and change someone’s heart. Nothing is impossible with Him. Also, I am really glad that they focused on Amy in this book. I’ve always felt so bad for her. She is such an example of what a survivor really is. She didn’t let that make her bitter, but she is a better person b ...more
Margaret Fraleigh
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: karen-kingsbury
Love Karen Kingsbury books.

This book is no exception. This story is about the Jenna and Brady and their interaction
with the lady family. It is a love story and how it came about. You may need to grab a tissue
and have it handy. This tugs at the heart strings.

Thank you Karen for sharing your amazing gift to write stories that draw us
closer to God.
Leah
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful story about love, loss, and healing. The main focus of this story is bringing two survivors of the OKC bombing back together. Getting there was a wild ride. The Baxter Family were involved in the story and brining the couple together. I like how everything worked out in the end, and the journey was bittersweet and fascinating.
Nedra Haymon
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh My! This one here, if you are KK fan, you have this book at the top of the list as the best written one since Redemption. Man, that's all I will say. God bless you Karen Kingsbury for always hitting the mark with the message of Jesus through your stories.
Janet
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I want to give this 3.5 stars.

I am a huge fan of the Baxter family and always enjoy catching up with them. The 4th of July chapter was so much fun to read.

This story is about a strange that Ashley sees at the Survivor tree and involves herself in finding Brady's true love.

It was a bit of a stretch for me.

But as you can see it read it in one day so I enjoyed it.
Kristina
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't like the beginning of this book at all, but did start to enjoy it a lot more once the storyline finally began to focus on the two main characters. The ending was particularly inspiring and made me feel that it was a worthwhile read afterall.
Reagan Soper
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a Karen book is always a good read, and this was no exception!
Jenn
There's just something about books, that are based around real life tragedies, that suck me in. I read, and very much enjoyed, Karen's 9/11 series. Being a wife of a public service employee, I find myself sucked into these types of stories very easily. When I saw that this was about the Oklahoma bombing, I knew the same thing would happen. And I was so right.

It's been a while since a book pulled all these emotions from me. My eyes were wet more than they were dry. The feelings of loss and despai
  • When Love Blooms
  • As the Tide Comes In
  • Crisis Shot (Line of Duty, #1)
  • The Road Home
  • Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • Hope Rising (Of Love and War, #2)
  • Sea Rose Lane (Hope Harbor, #2)
  • Out of the Ashes (The Heart of Alaska, #2)
  • A Breath of Hope (Under Northern Skies, #2)
  • Just Let Go (Harbor Pointe #2)
  • Smitten Book Club (Smitten, #3)
  • The Healer's Touch
  • Twisted Innocence (Moonlighters, #3)
  • Plain Peace (Daughters of the Promise #6)
  • The Vicar's Daughter
  • Journey Home
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. Her Baxter Family books are being developed into a TV series slated f ...more

The Baxter Family (5 books)
  • Love Story (The Baxter Family, #1)
  • In This Moment (The Baxter Family, #2)
  • When We Were Young (The Baxter Family, #4)
  • Two Weeks (The Baxter Family, #5)
“He might’ve only been seventeen, but he knew he wanted Jenna in his life as long as he lived.” 2 likes
“She felt like she’d slipped into another world. For the first time someone knew exactly what the hurt felt like.” 1 likes