Start by marking “Nexus (Zeroes, #3)” as Want to Read:
Nexus (Zeroes, #3)

Nexus

(Zeroes #3)

X-Men meets Marissa Meyer’s Renegades when New York Times bestselling author of the Uglies series Scott Westerfeld teams up with award-winning authors Margo Lanagan and Deborah Biancotti in the final book of an explosive trilogy about six teens with unique abilities.

After the shocking conclusion to Swarm, the zeroes are scattered, on the run, and desperate. They’re up agai
Published February 13th 2018 by Simon Pulse (first published October 25th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Nexus, please sign up.
George Kuttab
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Nexus (Zeroes, #3)
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
This was a fun trilogy that I think will appeal to fans of Sanderson’s Reckoners series. It has a very Heroes (the show) feel where kids are born with abnormal abilities. I’ll definitely give the authors kudos for coming up with “powers” I’ve never seen before, such as controlling a crowd’s energy, electronics manipulation, and “throwing” vision (to name a few). They were extremely odd, but oddly interesting at the same time. I’ll most remember the series for it’s diverse cast of characters (wit ...more
Monica
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this wasn't exactly the thrilling conclusion I was hoping for... Overall still an excellent story! Loved getting to spend time with these characters again. There could definitely be spin offs or a continuation to the Zeroes and I would love to read those!

Westerfeld continues to be an imaginative and compelling story teller. I strongly recommend the Zero series to all YA readers, ages 12+.
Thalia Grace
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10/18/16:

Just like last year when I finished Zeroes, I NEED THIS THIRD BOOK HOLY WHY MUST I WAIT SO LONG

6/11/18
I JUST STARTED AND FINISHED THIS BOOK IN 3 HOURS. I love this series so much. holy crap. 10/10
Jack Heath
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the third and final ZEROES book, things look grim. There's an external threat, in the form of Piper - a new Zero with powers unknown, leading an army to some kind of apolocalyptic event in New Orleans. There are internal threats, too: Scam is starting to realise what harm his omniscient voice could do in the wrong hands, which could well be his own, since he's just unwittingly revealed to Crash that people are essentially mechanical, and that she therefore has the power to kill with her mind. ...more
Elizabeth Fitzgerald
I definitely recommend rereading the previous two if it has been a while because there are a lot of names to keep track of. The style was generally good, but the plot felt weak in a few areas.
Cressa
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this entire book in one sitting. I think that it was my favorite of the trilogy. What it all boiled down to was the relationships between the characters. The choices they made were because they thought of their loved one or their friend.

It would be awesome if the author decided to start a new series about the next generation.
I received an advanced copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Katryna
Jan 01, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: accio-book
GIVE ME THIS BOOK
Angelo
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-stars
I can honestly say that I did not expect that ending. I also feel that some parts of it were rushed. Nonetheless it was an enjoyable read.
Melissa ~ Missy (FrayedBooks)
Overall, I really enjoyed this entire series. It was pretty fast paced overall and a little confusing with all the different perspectives, but I do recommend reading all 3 books consecutively. (I did Swarm and Nexus consecutively and I'm very glad I did!)

This ending felt a little rushed to me. I only wish we had gotten more answers at the ending of this final book! I'm left with so many more questions - and not just about their futures, but about their powers in general. Especially Ethan's voice
Chent Higson
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How dare it be over. What am I supposed to do with my life now.
No, David! No!
Simply put, I wanted to finish the series to see where everything ended up. I was underwhelmed with the ending. I had too many unanswered questions. Disappointing finish.
Erikka
This book was kind of a hot mess compared to the first two. The motivations of the characters were all over the place, the point of view changed too often, and there was to much change to the setting to make it easy to follow. I feel like they never spent more than a chapter in the same location. Also, they work better as a team, but were frequently split up throughout this book, weakening them and leaving opening for semi-forced conflict. I was impressed with the few battles they were involved ...more
Anna
Oh if only.

Like I said in my review for the last book: These books are just really worth reading.
They're so full of stuff that it's hard for me to review it or even give any sort of synopsis.
All I can say it Westerfeld has been a favorite of mine for many years, and even though he's probably writing content that's "too young" for me, I'll always read his works. This is just another reminder that I love how he creates worlds and makes them so easy to submerge yourself in.
He's one of those writ
Theresa
tbh, was not a big fan of the ending. It was a solid book to read but the ending just wasn't satisfying. Like I felt there should have been another 50pgs to actually wrap things up
Brooke H
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
That ending... wasn’t great. Sort of anticlimactic in a way in my opinion 🤔
As I’ve said on book one and two, rtc MAYBE because I honestly don’t know how to feel about this book🤣
Pat
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy, fantasy
Excellent conclusion to this wonderful series. - very clever and exciting.
Satomi
Oct 15, 2020 rated it liked it
I hate the cover change in the middle of the series!

Some people might like the ending of this book. Well I am not one of them.
⭐Aimee⭐
I received a copy of Nexus from Allen and Unwin New Zealand to review. This is the final book in the Zeroes series. You can click the links for my review of the first two books, Zeroes and Swarm.

I enjoyed both Zeroes and Swarm more than I thought I would. So I was looking forward to finding out how the story would end. I didn’t want to go into Nexus with any expectations so there was no way I could be disappointed. However the story ended. I did have one thing that I wanted to happen though. I w
Spencer
2019
What a conclusion! If you've read any of my reviews then you know that I am very specific about the kind of endings that I want. I have given so many negative reviews because the ending of the book/series was garbage. Well, as you can see, that is not the case here! I loved everything about this conclusion! Happy endings all around! I'm a big fan of when author's write out specifics for each character to make sure that you know how it's going to work out for them.

I was crazy disappointe
Heather Iveson
At lunch with only a few pages read I realised that I was going to be up reading this at 2am. Turns out I was wrong, but only because I finished it just after midnight...
hannah (faerystories)
I tore through this in one day.

This is a spectacular conclusion to such a brilliant series. I already miss the Zeroes!
Nannette Demmler
Wow, what a perfect ending for an exciting series. It has been a pleasure to spend time with the Zeroes and all of their faults and insecurities. This is a totally different take on the kids with super powers storyline. Yes, these kids have powers, but they are not the usual kind of powers, they are all based in the connections we have to each other, our emotions and technology and all of the social dilemmas that brings. This series has been more about society and it’s difficulties with morality ...more
Aurora Dimitre
When I finished this book, I was so full of something (frustration? love? IDFK, dude) that I almost burst into tears. This series is one that started slow for me, but books two and three amazed me. Also now I want more. I need more. But from a craft perspective? I can seriously understand the narrative choices of not TELLING ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW, SCOTT.

This is one that I checked out the whole series from the library. Book one... a while ago, and then books two and three I read this week. Th
Kyla
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt
Was headed for 4 stars, but then the ending knocked it down. I mean, really? (view spoiler)
Lincoln
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow. What a ride turned inside out! The Zero's became my new best friends in this third book. And like any good story, I'm both sad and thrilled that it's over. There are so many more Zero's out there with stories to be told. I hope/wish that we get to read many more!!!!
Nightheart
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I walked into the bookstore and found THIS. Goodreads, you bitch-ass liar. This is definitely NOT February
Alex
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 12-and-13
I wasn’t a big fan of Uglies but found family stories are one of my favourite things on the planet so I couldn’t resist reading Zeroes and I’m glad I did. Did I buy Swarm and Nexus purely because Thibault and Ethan are both my sons and I needed to make sure they ended up okay? Possibly (Ethan calla Thibault his buddy near the beginning of this and it shattered my heart I’m a big fan of Thibault having buddies). But the rest of the cast and story were enough to keep me hooked.

Trying not to be spo
Joshua
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superheroes, sf
An exciting and satisfying conclusion to the Zeroes series. Just as the second book, Swarm, upped the worldbuilding, characterization, and tension, Nexus ups it even more. I love the main characters (and love audiobook reader Amber Benson's distinctive voice for each one) and I love the unique take on superpowers, so I kind of wish there would be more sequels, but the ending is good enough that I'm happy with it being just a trilogy.
Llyr Heller-Humphreys
Enjoyed this last in the series (or is it). The ending felt a bit rushed and tidy, but there's definitely room for more installments.
Sam Schroder
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I pounced on this book during a Christmas shopping expedition and have snatched reading time out of thin air during this holiday season because I NEEDED to know how it would all turn out. This third book, the conclusion to the story of the Zeroes - a group of kids born in 2000 with superpowers - was as gripping and exciting as expected. Set in the frenzied party atmosphere of New Orleans during Mardi Gras, each of the Cambria crew needs to rely on the inside out power of their powers to work tog ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Warp in Time (Horizon, #3)
  • Deadzone (Horizon, #2)
  • The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3)
  • The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1)
  • Apex Predator (Horizon, #4)
  • Liferaft (Horizon, #5)
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
  • Super Human (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #4)
  • The Gathering (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #2)
  • The Fascinators
  • The ​Alcazar (The Cerulean Duology, #2)
  • The Game
  • Twinmaker (Twinmaker, #1)
  • Crashland (Twinmaker #2)
  • Fall (Twinmaker, #3)
  • Magic Street
  • Clash of Beasts (Going Wild #3)
  • Hero (Monster #3)
Scott Westerfeld is a New York Times bestselling author of YA. He was born in the Texas and now lives in Sydney and New York City. In 2001, Westerfeld married fellow author Justine Larbalestier.

He is best known for the Uglies and Leviathan series. His next book, IMPOSTORS, returns to the world of Uglies. It comes out September 11, 2018.

Zeroes (3 books)