Start by marking “Zero Day (The Hatching, #3)” as Want to Read:
Zero Day (The Hatching, #3)

Zero Day

(The Hatching #3)

In the thrilling, nerve-wracking finale of Ezekiel Boone’s “hair-raising” (Parade) Hatching series, the United States goes to war against the queen spiders that threaten to overtake the human race forever.

The world is on the brink of apocalypse. Zero Day has come.

The only thing more terrifying than millions of spiders is the realization that those spiders work as one. But
Published February 27th 2018 by Atria/Emily Bestler Books

karen
oooh, goodreads choice awards semifinalist for best horror 2018! what will happen?

It was almost completely dark out, which confused Melanie for a moment. It was an airport. It should have been lit up. But then she caught a glimpse of a skittering dark mass and the baseball-size bodies held aloft by eight legs, and she realized that of course it made sense that the airport was dark. There was nobody left to turn the lights on.

this is the third book in a trilogy about what happens after millions o
Justin Tate
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
When this was good, it was REALLY good. When it was boring, it was REALLY boring. That can be said for the whole trilogy. Of the 1,000 or so pages between all three books, one can easily imagine a single abridged novel around 400 pages that would be superb, edge-of-your-seat entertainment the whole way through.

As it is, I look back--particularly in book 2--and wonder why the hell I had to read about meaningless characters over and over. Some one-off characters worked. The astronaut who opens thi
This was one hell of a series. People-eating spiders! Yes, that's what this series is about. And, damn, is it terrifying! Each time I picked up another edition of the series, I found my fear of spiders, once again, heightened to a point that it became irrational. That's the power these books have.

As the conclusion of a series that I rated each of the previous novels with a solid four stars, I expected more. I truly expected an explosive finale. I expected tons of deaths especially in a series wh
Bradley
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gotta love that Creature Feature. Or maybe I ought to modify that statement to Creatures Features. It's a spider apocalypse! New generations and smarter beasties are overrunning the world, but what is worse: the problem or the cure?

NUKES. Oh, yeah, baby. Nukes everywhere. The president is continuing to have a pretty bad day. A few others might be, too.

As always, these books are full of middling semi-sympathetic characters all trying to deal with the fallout from all the different kinds of horro
Jaidee
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: spider warriors
Recommended to Jaidee by: needed to complete this series pronto
4.5 "satisfying,scintillating,spidergrossness" stars !!

Mr. Boone completed his trilogy in a completely interesting, satisfying and logical way. No cheap conveniences, no rushing, characters that were consistent and human. I cannot write much more as I do not want to give any spoilers such as whether we humans survive the SPIDERCALYPSE !!

image:

Instead I will tell you three exciting things I discovered:

1. Mr. Boone has one more horror novel The Mansion that I have added to my shortlist.
2. This s
Char
3.5/5*

ZERO DAY was a fun wrap up to the trilogy that started with THE HATCHING.

The narrative is still following all the same people, people who are now facing the fallout from a few nuclear strikes across the U.S., and the previous ones which occurred in various places around the world. The spiders are still continuing to mutate and evolve with the most dangerous of them all appearing in this book.

I enjoyed following the characters around on each of their missions and adventures. What I did no
Lyn
Audio 5 stars!! Brilliant performance by George Newbern
Story 5 spiderific stars!!

It's over. I survived the spiderpocalypse as did most of my favorite characters in the book. TF!!! The epilogue actually had me tearing up, and I think that's because the author has a bit of a romantic heart. The friendships and relationships that were developed during the spider invasion were actually quite sweet. I also enjoy the dark humor. Hell, I needed it!

Thank you, Miriam, my dearest twin sister (who is also
Tammie
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror-dark
A fitting end for this trilogy about creepy man eating spiders wreaking havoc on the world. Really enjoyed this series and looking forward to future books by this author. Highly recommend to readers that enjoy sci-fi and horror books.
Steven
Thanks to Netgalley and Atria for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review. 4.5 stars from me!

Seriously, if you are at all interested in movie-speed horror/thriller novels, then stop reading this right now, go to your local bookstore, your local library, Amazon, wherever you need to, and get your hands on The Hatching. Do it. Do it now, so you're prepared when the arachnapocalypse happens.

The final book starts with a few bangs -- some betrayals, attempted coups, crazy deaths, et
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a good time with this book. This is the third book in the Hatching trilogy which really needs to be read in order. This book picks up right after the events of the previous book and the three books really tell just a piece of the overall story. I am really glad that I read the entire trilogy during the past couple of months because I was able to remember details of the story that I would have most likely forgotten if I had read
Trish
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK, I'm gonna be straight right at the beginning and say that I skimmed a lot of this novel. Honestly, this is the 3rd book in a trilogy and there was almost no spidery action whatsoever, just inner monologues where people had flashbacks and fond memories and stupid things like that.
Let's face it: anyone reading books like this want to read about the damned apocalypse and the monsters and how people are fighting them or get eaten, not how a ripple on a lake reminds an FBI agent of how he met hi
Juli
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
What would happen if the world came under attack....sudden, unexpected and fierce attack. A large percentage of the world's population is dead. Others missing. And still others are unwitting carriers of death. And, the worst part.....there is no way to contain the attack. What would happen?

Ezekiel Boone's The Hatching trilogy plays out this scenario in a particularly creepy crawly way. Spiders. Flesh-eating spiders. The arachnids have lain dormant for thousands of years, just waiting underground
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Zero Day is the third and final book in The Hatching trilogy and here we finally get to know if mankind will survive the spider invasion or of the word is doomed. This book is less gory than the previous two (yeah that disappointed me since I love being creeped out), but it's one heck of an ending. Fair warning, you really need to read the previous two books before reading this one. In many ways it's just one story split into three books.

As a big horror fan do I love threat against mankind books
♥Rachel♥
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ll try and make this as non-spoilery as possible given that this is the third installment in The Hatching series.

The human species is under threat by spiders overrunning most of the earth on a grand scale. Our survival tenuous at best, and dependent on outsmarting the spiders who are fast, coordinated, and deadly. They run on instinct and seem to keep evolving! Just normal everyday spiders scare the hell out of me, so these spiders would give me a heart attack on the spot!

I was on the edge o
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

The Hatching series has been like an utterly terrifying, utterly fascinating horror show that plays out in a deliciously slow, deliciously tantalizing pace that will leave you jumping at shadows and turning the lights on before entering a room. Not looking for the usual two legged monsters but instead, the kind of the eight leg variety. The kind that bite and borrow and hide in dark places, ready to pounce and fall on you in a moments notice. The kind of nightmares.

The creepy crawlies
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2018/03/04/...

Zero Day closes out Ezekiel Boone’s The Hatching trilogy, bringing an end to the spider apocalypse—though it’s anyone’s guess which side will prevail. Since emerging from an ancient egg sac unearthed beneath Peru’s Nazca Lines, these eight-legged menaces have multiplied into the millions, swarming the globe and paralyzing all aspects of life. In the United States, President Stephanie Pilgrim has carried out the unthinkable
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
If someone had told me I would read a trilogy about killer spiders taking over the world and would be raving about it, I would've told that person they were insane. I hate bugs. All kinds... and especially spiders. They're fascinating creatures, but I like to live as apart from them as I can.

One of the things I love about Boone's writing is how he can bring SO many characters to the table and yet it never gets confusing. I found myself invested in every single one of them. Quite frankly, I hope
Tammy
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I don’t read a lot of horror/sci-fi but I read the two previous books in this trilogy and thought why not find out happens. This is easily a crossover title to YA (another genre that I don’t usually read). It’s a quick read that nicely ends the series and you find out what happens to all of the characters. I can see the syfy channel doing a successful treatment of this as a television series. What gives everyone the heebie jeebies? Creepy, crawling, skittering spiders!
Greg
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, fiction
In my review for the second book in the trilogy, Skittering, I expressed some fears about how this series would wrap up.

I imagine it’s a lot of fun to come up with awful scenarios for how the world could come to an end / fall into total disarray/chaos, but then I imagine it’s not all that fun to have to figure out how to create a satisfying conclusion to the perfect doomsday scenario.

There are going to be some possible spoilers about the series in what follows. So read on at your own discretio
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

So this is it. The end of the spiderpocalypse! Or is it? Zero Day is the third and final book in Ezekiel Boone’s creepy-crawly Hatching series. This fun, fast, B-movie monster mash is filled with characters to root for and spiders to run from or SQUASH! There is a lot going on in this final leg of the fight, so hold on or hole up somewhere and enjoy the ride!

Military coups, politics (cuz there is always politics!), nukes, religion, new dangers and old, and of course those pesky little or not so
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
As always this review can also be found on my blog The Tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

I received a free copy of this book courtesy of the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Zero Day is the third and final book in The Hatching trilogy by Ezekiel Boone. If you haven’t already then I highly recommend that you read the previous two books. It’s an excellent trilogy that is easy to read, immensely enjoyable to lose yourself in and offers you pages of spider induced
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
So here we are at the end of the trilogy. One way or another this apocalypse is coming to an end; it’s us or them.

I’ve been going through a bit of a funk with books in a series, or the never-ending series; I’ve grown to fully appreciate the trilogy, there is something to look forward to, the suspense of a great cliffhanger, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. As I was reading Zero Day, I thought that this series would have been an epic book to read straight through, all one thousand-i
Bon Tom
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the most memorable series I've ever read. And what a great idea to use the rationale behind this phobia, that seems way too common for actual harm that spiders present for humans, right? Except if... They were far more dangerous once upon a time than they are today, and there was good reason to be afraid. I know, it's one of the theories behind this phobia, and I guess it was only a matter of time when somebody will use that idea for a book. I'm glad mr. Boone did, in such a masterful man ...more
Lena
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, horror
85612E5D-B07D-4B1D-B7A8-5A8EB2717A7C.jpg

The third wave is here... with teeth.
The Queens have risen.
The nukes have flown.
The world is ending.

This series has been a lot of fun!
Jessica
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cjsreads
Big thanks to Atria Books for the advanced ebook copy in exchange for my honest review.

So, if you know me then you'll know that I hate bugs. I have a saying, if it has more than 4 legs, it can't be trusted. Well, this trilogy is probably fueling that fire. ZERO DAY by Ezekiel Boone is the final chapter in The Hatching trilogy about the end of the world due to spiders. NO THANK YOU.

What's more terrifying than millions of spiders? Well, those millions of spiders working as one under their queens.
Erin Clemence
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Half the world is gone, but the spiders remain…..

In this third and final novel in the “Hatching” series, President Pilgrim has nuked some of America’s largest cities in an attempt to abolish the giant spiders. The army wants to continue bombing, and the scientists, including the ones working directly for the President, want more time to study the arachnids and come up with a detailed plan. With dissension in the ranks and the spiders continuing to take more and more lives, President Pilgrim a
AziaMinor
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
HOLY HELL!!! What a book I am telling you. Koodos to Ezekiel Boone for imagining the most terrifying end of the world scenarios possible.

(If this ever comes true you can find me piloting a space shuttle to the moon because I ain't hav'n this shit storm of doomsday)

Everything was happening at light speed with little breaks and I don't think my heart ever slowed down. And what I really liked was the dozens of POV's this was in. From the president to a simple farmhand. You got to experience the apo
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
I was disappointed in this final book. It didn't do anything for me like the first two books. The pace was so slow and nothing exciting happened. I honestly got bored with it. The best part was the last few chapters I thought, up until the ending that is. Their solution for killing the spiders and saving the world was so completely anti-climatic it was utterly ridiculous.

Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
I’ve looked forward to Zero Day, the third book in the Hatching trilogy, for quite a while now. (You can find my reviews of The Hatching and Skitter by clicking on the titles.) Even though Skitter disappointed me with its not-so-tasty-cream-filling status between the decent parts of a cookie, I still held strong for the series. I fully expected Ezekiel Boone to deliver epicness in spades for the wrap up to this eight-legged three-volume arachno-terror. Expecting anything epic from anyone is alwa ...more
Laura Rash
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think with every book in this series I’ve said each one was my favorite. But this one definitely is! When you’re reading this horrific story you’re wondering how the hell its going to end in a way that doesn’t seem totally unreal but then we are talking about humongous spiders! Somehow Boone manages to carry it off! I usually don’t think of books into movies (I don’t watch many movies or tv) but this series would be a phenomenal movie!
Thanks so much to Atria for this early copy!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Dark Screams: Volume Five
  • エス [Esu]
  • Kill Shakespeare, Vol. 3: The Tide of Blood
  • Halcyon
  • Blood Relations and Other Plays (REV Ed)
  • Afterlands
  • Feast (Hunger #2)
  • South
  • Blood Persuasion (Immortal Jane Austen, #2)
  • Blanky
  • Those Who Walk in Darkness (Soledad O'Roark, #1)
  • The Flock
  • Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 3
  • The Last Hunter: Collected Edition (Antarktos Saga, #1-5)
  • Pressure
  • Devil's Pocket (Phoenix Island, #2)
  • Generation Z (Generation Z #1)
  • Coldbrook
I live in upstate New York with my wife and kids. Whenever I travel and say I'm from New York, people think I mean NYC, but we live about three hours north of New York City. Our house is five minutes outside of a university town. We're far enough out of town that, at night, it's dark.
Darker than that.
Dark enough that, if you're not careful, you might fall off the small cliff at the edge of m

The Hatching (3 books)
  • The Hatching (The Hatching #1)
  • Skitter (The Hatching #2)
“The last thing he saw before cobwebs clouded his vision was the blue beauty of a Nebraska sky.” 0 likes
“If you can’t change it, don’t complain; and if you can change it, change it. And you still don’t complain.” 0 likes