Start by marking “Finding Felicity” as Want to Read:
Finding Felicity

Finding Felicity

Felicity meets Fangirl in this contemporary novel about a young woman who must leave behind her fantasy life—inspired by her favorite WB show from the 1990s—and create a real one at college.

Caroline Sands has never been particularly good at making friends. And her parents’ divorce and the move to Arizona three years ago didn’t help. Being the new girl is hard enough withou
Published March 20th 2018 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Finding Felicity, please sign up.
Stacey Kade Nope, no spoilers for the show. Certain things are mentioned in general (for example, that Felicity and her roommate do not get along at first) but…moreNope, no spoilers for the show. Certain things are mentioned in general (for example, that Felicity and her roommate do not get along at first) but nothing that would ruin the show for you. :D (less)

Emer
This was perfectly lovely. A salve to my soul if you will. It maybe didn't change my world but I happily lost myself in its pages for a few hours. I really liked Caroline, the incredibly awkward and painfully introverted MC. I think a lot of us who are readers have those introverted tendencies, perhaps not to Caroline's extreme, but it was nice to read a quiet YA about a quiet character struggling to reinvent herself in time for university life.

And definite brownie points for referencing Felici
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

I'll admit that this author is one I have always liked. Her Ghost and the Goth series took me strongly by surprise when, before even giving it a try, I was judging it by the horrid cover (I'm sorry, but some covers just need to not exist-people DO tend to judge a book by it's cover). I absolutely adored it, of course. It was cute, fun, quirky, and a fun play on the hierarchy of high school. This book? It was the opposite. I didn't jud
Fafa's Book Corner
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner!

Beware spoilers ahead!

I have read Kade's series and enjoyed them. Naturally Kade has been on my radar and I constantly keep a look out for her new releases. In 2016 Kade started writing contemporaries. Before reading Finding Felicity I was nervous, as I didn't enjoy her previous contemporaries. I am happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Finding Felicity!

Caroline has finally graduated high school. Her mother and her celebrate by going to their favourite rest
Stacey Kade
Feb 24, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-by-me
10/4/17 Update:
FINDING FELICITY is up on Edelweiss and available for review! It should be on Netgalley soon, too, if it's not there already. Please go forth and request! <3 <3 <3

Also, if you're a blogger/librarian/bookseller and you want to review Finding Felicity but you can't get through on Netgalley/Edelweiss, message me and I'll pass your info on to my publicist!

9/10/17 UPDATE:
Pass pages are done! I've heard rumor that ARCs should be coming in shortly. :D Stay tuned for more infor
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
It's YA in COLLEGE!!! Can we please rejoice and throw a party now??

Do you guys even know what this book is??? It's a Young Adult book set in college!!! I was ready to sing from the mountaintops at just the idea of it, and then I held it in my hands and felt the proof that it was real-- and now I'm basically still over here throwing confetti. But seriously, we need more books about going to college. It's such an untapped topic about such an important and confusing time in a lot of people's lives.
Gray Cox
Ehh, now re-reading it, a lot of the magic is gone for me. The ending was still sweet, but the only real likeable character was Lexi.

----Original review:

What a sweet book! I related to Caroline so much, she kind of reminded me of Cath from Fangirl, or perhaps it's because they both have social anxiety.

I enjoyed this very much, it was such a cozy read.

Content warnings:

-Some partying (she's in college and trying to fit in at first).
-Some making out and she wakes up in a guy's bed, but not even th
Jen Ryland
A little slow/quiet but also had some great things about it. And I'm excited to be seeing more books set in college that are being targeted as YA.

Read all my thoughts here on Jen Ryland Reviews

Read more of my reviews on JenRyland.com! Check out my Bookstagram! Or check out my Jen In Ten reviews on Youtube - get the lowdown on current books in 10-30 seconds!

Thanks to the publisher for providing an advance copy for review!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Felicity was one of my favorite shows growing up. It was on around the time I was preparing to graduate and go to college, so it was kind of serendipitous. I adored the heavy Felicity influence in this book. If you loved that show, too, I think you'll enjoy this novel because the characters and stories are similar, with the cringe-worthy situations, the awkward attempts at making new friends in a new place, and just the overall being away from home for the first time scenario. (And if you haven' ...more
Thamy
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a simple book, and yet I enjoyed it so very much!

Caroline is in trouble. After years pretending to have friends—most of them fictional and based on her favorite TV show—her mother finally discovered every lie. But one, the reason she chose an university so far away from home. It's her last hope, reinventing herself as an extroverted girl who'll say yes to fun and finally making Liam fall in love with her.

While the theme and the development are rather familiar, I like how some points were di
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
“What’s wring with reality?”
“Nothing,” I say in a small voice. Unless your reality sucks. Then what’s wrong with wanting something more or better?

This was a super fun, super quick read. I love that we’re seeing so many more college YA books this year and I thought Finding Felicity was an excellent addition. I thought Caroline was a relatable MC and it’s was so easy to follow her just trying to live her life - goingo college, crushing on a guy, dealing with awkwardness and insecurit
Rissa
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Finding Felicity 3.5⭐
“They are fictional”
I think ever book obsessed person has pretended that the characters from books(or tv shows) are ‘real’ and are their friends.

Caroline didnt have friends, she had fictional people that she found comfort in. But her freshman year of college she decided that she was not going to be a shy introverted girl she was going to bold and brave andmake friends. She was no longer in her home state. No one knew her and she could be anyone now.

It was so cute! I reall
Lisa
Oct 16, 2017 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I think what makes this a challenging read for me is that Caroline is reminds me of myself in some ways. She's vulnerable and self-conscious and timid. It makes you want to strangle her, comfort her and sympathize with her in turns. She's ultimately a super realistic new college student, finding her way.

ALL the props about the Felicity TV show undercurrent. I LIVED for that show. Although Caroline mentioning the show is "older than me" makes this reader feel preeeety old.
Samantha (WLABB)
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2018, contemporary, ya
Confession: Felicity was, and still remains, one of my favorite TV shows of all time. When I saw this cover, I knew before reading the synopsis that fictional Felicity was going to play some role in the story, and with that being the case, I had to read it. And you know what? Finding Felicity was a fun, heartwarming, and totally relatable YA-goes-to-college book.
For the first time in my life, I want the real thing and not the imagined version in my head.

I related to Caroline on so many levels.
Jaime Arkin
Stacey Kade is one of my favorite recent author finds! I’m still working through her backlist, but when I got my hands on her upcoming Finding Felicity, I just had to read it right away!

In Finding Felicity, we meet Carolyn Sands… just graduating from high school and ready to move on to college and reinvent herself. Having moved to Arizona three years ago, she never quite fit in socially and just didn’t ever make any friends, instead, immersing herself in the world of the TV show Felicity (yes t
Christy
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5 reasons why Finding Felicity is for fans of Felicity AND everyone else!

1. Finding Felicity is set during a key transitional period in a young adult’s lifetime - the transition to college & freshman year. Felicity fans know this is a key element during the show!
2. Main character Caroline is one of the most realistic, relatable characters I’ve ever read. Stacey found unique ways to make her one of us while also showing us what makes her the person she is. I loved that we saw her ongoing ment
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
Finding Felicity by Stacey Kade is the perfect read for those who are preparing to go to college. The story is written through the eyes of Caroline, a character that goes through some considerable growth as she struggles with her social anxiety. The connections to the TV show, Felicity, and the interesting side characters make the book an entertaining and engaging read.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Kate
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I read this in one day, only taking breaks for work and to Google the Felicity wiki. I was a huge fan of Felicity, and Caroline felt like another (much, much younger) version of me. I loved reading her story and watching her come into her own. Now I'm going to have to binge watch Felicity (I have all the dvds, but I'll probably Netflix it Caroline style). Team Noel forever!
Lauren
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Between 2017 and now I've been seeing more and more books featuring a college setting, and I couldn't be any happier. I wish they were around four years ago when I was starting my freshmen year!

Finding Felicity is quirky and heartwarming. Stacey Kade perfectly captures the feeling of not only freshmen year but also starting anew.

When Finding Felicity first begins we're quickly let in on Caroline's big secret: she's created a fake friend group inspired by the old 90s show Felicity to appease he
CLM
Please enter the giveaway for this book on my blog: https://perfectretort.blogspot.com/20...

When Caroline landed in a new and unfriendly high school, she felt friendless and took refuge in the TV show Felicity, making up imaginary friends based on the cast. Now she's going away to college, determined to reinvent herself as someone outgoing and popular - but we know how that "to thine own self not be true" usually ends, right?
Melinda
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been excited about this book since the first time I heard about it, and it did not disappoint. I loved it, not just as a rabid Felicity fan but also as someone who very much saw college as an opportunity for reinvention. I cringed for/with and cheered for/with Caroline in equal measures.

(Team Ben forever.)
Janet
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, litsyatoz
While by no means is this classic literature, this book still perfectly does what it sets out to do. It’s a simple story of an introverted girl wanting to fit in, seeing college as her last chance to get it right. An easy read, I found this book relatable on many levels. In many ways it played out like a season of a show it lovingly paid tribute to. My college days were some 20 years ago, but the odd mix of new beginnings and the pressure to get it right still sticks with me. The fact that Felic ...more
Alyssa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, owned-books
Caroline does not have friends. But her mom doesn't know that. She made her mom believe she has a lot of friends, but in truth, she bases her "friends" from characters of an old TV show called Felicity. That's why she's excited to go to college and start new.

You have to admit, that plot is just amazing and makes you curious! That worked for me! Either way, I read anything by Stacey Kade, I like her wrting style and the way her characters' voices are so real.

Anyway, let's start off with the chara
Amy
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Felicity. I loved Felicity and Ben and Noel and Meghan and Elena and Hannah. I loved how Felicity followed Ben, her high school crush, across the country just so she could have a chance with him.

Apparently I am not alone.

Caroline loves Felicity, too, but her love takes a rather extreme turn. For one thing, she concocts a fictional tribe of friends who happen to be characters from the television show. And for another, she has her own Ben (his name is Liam) and, like her hero, she chooses
Ava Budavari
Jan 25, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 200 pages. There is a sex scene involving alcohol where the lines of consent are blurred. For that reason I had to put this book down. If you are going to put a sex scene in a book, all parties must be sober, enthusiastic, and consent must be explicit, unless you are talking about the issue of rape/sexual assault, which this book did not address ****up to what I had read****. Treatment of women in this book is questionable, with the male love interest being very controlling of the main ch ...more
Lauren R.
3.5 stars. Unexpectedly blazed through that in a day! While it was incredibly addicting from the start, I questioned Caroline quite a bit and was nervous I was going to dislike this. I started watching Felicity to prepare for the book, which was necessary I think to fully understand what she was talking about. I felt like Caroline and Felicity brought up similar, annoyed emotions for me. Both of them are/were incredibly insufferable at times. This book absolutely grew on me when time went on and ...more
Vicky Who Reads
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drcs, wishlist

Finding Felicity revolves around Caroline Sands who, after her parents' divorce and her move to Arizona, isn't particularly good at making friends. Being the new girl was hard enough and her social awkwardness didn't help her case. Out of desperation, Caroline invented a whole life for herself with characters from the old show Felicity to assure her mother that she was okay.

But Caroline's secret gets exposed right before she goes off to college and she's left with an ultimatum: Prove in
kelly {BookCrushin}
“I was too scared to be myself and try to find people who might like me, because what if they didn’t? What would that say about me?”
Finding Felicity is the perfect story about finding yourself and where you belong in a sea of original and unoriginal people in the world. How do you stand apart, how do you know who you truly are? Sometimes you just have to risk being seen and finding your place. This book is absolutely perfect for high school seniors and college freshman; it fills the void of youn
Amy
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it for the fact that the book matches with blurb and is engaging.
Premise:
aroline Sands has never been particularly good at making friends. And her parents’ divorce and the move to Arizona three years ago didn’t help. Being the new girl is hard enough without being socially awkward too. So out of desperation and a desire to please her worried mother, Caroline invented a whole life for herself—using characters from Felicity, an old show she discovered online and fell in love with.

But now i
Karen (^ v ^)
Having just gone through my first semester at University, I found this read to be pretty relatable. Our main character, Felicity after having moved to Arizona due to her parent's divorce has just graduated high school with pretty much only one real friend and has fabricated a community of friends to her mum based on a 90s early 2000s show she has found immense comfort in. Oh and she also chose a small town university in Iowa due to a guy in high school she hopes to have a future love story with. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Dreams and Echoes
  • Pretty in Punxsutawney
  • Bombshell
  • Deadfall
  • Apartment 1986
  • Between a Rock and a Hard Place (Bend or Break, #6-7)
  • State of Decay: Omnibus
  • Tutti's Promise
  • The Brown House (The Visitor's Series #1)
  • Road Rash
  • Your Robot Dog Will Die
  • When the Dead
  • Losing Romeo
  • Future Lost (Future Shock, #3)
  • Two Weeks: A True Haunting (True Hauntings Book 3)
  • The Rest of the Story
  • Miles from Kara (Charleston Haven, #2)
The daughter of a minister and a music teacher, Stacey Kade grew up reading Harlequin romances on the sly in the basement. Kade is the author of two young adult series (The Ghost and Goth trilogy and the Project Paper Doll series). Her first adult contemporary romance, 738 DAYS, was released earlier this year.

Prior to writing full time, Kade worked as an award-winning copywriter for several Fortun
“So, Mom says, “sometimes you have to choose what kind of regret you can live with.” 0 likes
“So I did what anyone would: I hid. Behind books, shows, movies, and music." -Caroline” 0 likes