Start by marking “Starry Eyes” as Want to Read:
Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  7,420 ratings  ·  1,536 reviews
Ever since last year’s homecoming dance, best friends-turned-best enemies Zorie and Lennon have made an art of avoiding each other. It doesn’t hurt that their families are the modern-day Californian version of the Montagues and Capulets.

But when a group camping trip goes south, Zorie and Lennon find themselves stranded in the wilderness. Alone. Together.

What could go wrong
Published April 3rd 2018 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Starry Eyes, please sign up.
Emily It says 14+ but I would say even older... There are a lot of mature themes
Jenn It's written from the POV of Zorie, a teen girl.

·  7,420 ratings  ·  1,536 reviews

Warda
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, cuteness galore!

Features:
• A protagonist who’s super into planning everything!
• Has a Korean mother who’s a masseuse
• A lesbian couple for neighbours with a son that’s pretty much a genius (and that I’m in love with!)
• His mothers are so loving it makes me sick
• Oh and they own a sex toy shop. Casual shit.
• Banter galore
• Safe sex (which YA book preaches about this nowadays?!)
• Our main character goes camping, exploring the wilderness with her lover/best friend turned enemy
• Like I said,
may ❀
i posted an actual review i know, incredible

Without a DOUBT, jenn bennett has now earned herself a place in my top favourite contemporary authors to ever exist bc gosh damn THIS WOMAN CAN WRITE

- So, I’ve been hardcore slumping for a whiilllleeee and somehow this book saved my entire reading career, amazing
- 👏 enemies 👏 to 👏 lovers 👏 trope 👏 I 👏 am 👏 WEAK 👏
- I love love loveD THIS BOOK FROM THE START like not only is the writing sooooo easy to slide into but the plot and adventure and character
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett was a fun, sweet contemporary YA/NA read.

Sometimes you just need a fun contemporary YA/NA (I say NA due to some sexual content) read to lighten things up. This book did just that for me. It was a perfect summer read - camping, hiking, stargazing and a friends-to-enemies-to-lovers plot between Zorie and Lennon. Throw in family strife stemming from secrets and parental infidelity and you have a story that was relatable and engrossing. Bennett's characters were ver
Christy
4.5 stars!!!

photo IMG_1828_zpsyvvvhmgm.png

This was such a fantastic read! Seriously, from start to finish, I adored it! The characters, the setting, the experience, I loved it so much! Starry Eyes is a modern day Romeo and Juliette telling without the sad ending and all the heart!

Zorie and Lennon were best friends. They were on their way to becoming more than that. Now, they don't even talk anymore. They avoid each other. Their families are sort of enemies and it makes things even more complicated. Both end up on a summer
Candace Robinson
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I hated the first couple of chapters of this book. Zorie was annoying, then the whole Brett thing was ridiculous, because he was ridiculous, not sure how she didn't notice that at first... Buttttt The Anatomical Shape of A Heart is my favorite contemporary ever, so I was like let me just proceed. And thank goodness I did because this is one of my favorite contemporary books this year. Given, this is the only contemporary I have read so far in 2018, but I'm pretty positive it will stay ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Wow, I liked this SO MUCH. Zorie and Lennon are my new favorites and I will not be told otherwise. Also, queer moms that own a sex shop. THIS WAS SO GREAT.

TW: cheating, death of a parent, depression, getting stranded
Cait • A Page with a View
Release date: April 3, 2018

4.5 stars. I've been missing national parks, backpacking, hiking, camping, wilderness survival, etc so this story turned out to be exactly what I wanted to read right now! I really loved the setting and the characters.

Ok this plot is weirdly hard to summarize because there are a lot of side stories going on... but that also means everything weaves together perfectly in a way where nothing's ever dull!

I'm just going to leave the book description here:

"Ever since last
Stacee
I’m a sucker for anything that hints at R+J or BFF to more, but to have both AND it comes with Jenn Bennett’s name attached to it? Yeah, I’m sold.

Love love love Zorie and Lennon. She’s addicted to planning and organization and loves the stars. He’s snarky and maybe a bit sullen and loves hiking. Together there’s a lot of history and hurt and feeeeeeeeelings between them and I absolutely loved reading them figure it all out. There are some others characters, but it quickly becomes the two of them
jessica
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
although i didnt adore this as much as bennetts other YA contemporary novels, this was still enjoyable! it was an easy, breezy read with relatable characters and fun plot. very simplistic, but i think this would be a cute summer read for anyone interested!

Jessica
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of West, Buxbaum, JLA, Kemmerer
Recommended to Jessica by: Jasprit

Books like this one are why I love reading contemporary YA and YA romance in particular. Compared to adult books, YA romance cannot rely on sexual tension as much, at least not to the same extent as adult romance can. The authors need to make you feel that giddy, tingly anticipation without lots of innuendo and sexy scenes. Not that adult romance can solely rely on that but a good dose of sexy does make things easier, I think. Giving you, as a reader, that feeling of falling in love, m
Khadidja ~on hiatus~
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
[Read in an annoyingly high pitched voice used in commercials]

Looking for a cute light read for summer?
Tired of all those cheesy plotless contemporaries?
Want to read more books with diverse characters?

Here you have Starry eyes, where the protagonist is into planning for every single little thing and has a Korean step mom who isn't evil. She has a lesbian couple as neighbours and they own a sex shop and they have an amazingly dark smart gorgeous son!

Not only this but you'll also find :
Friend
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
I enjoyed this so much!!

I loved the whole story, the kind of friends to enemies to lovers things was perfect
The characters and supporting characters were wonderful, and I loved the personal journeys that they all took

It was so well written, and tbh it made me want to go camping, and I am one of the least outdoorsy people ever haha

The setting and descriptions were so beautiful, and also it is so wonderful that there were maps, I absolutely loved that aspect!

I would 100% recommend this to read
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is 100% a new favorite of mine<3
Trina (Between Chapters)
Cuuuuuute.

I had some annoyances here and there - as a parent I have some choice WORDS for Reagan - but overall I really enjoyed the friends-to-enemies-to-love thing it had going on. I could FEEL the longing from one of the characters. I also loved the survival element. This was my first Jenn Bennett book (just the first I could get ahold of) and I really enjoyed how she wrote the romantic chemistry so I'm looking forward to reading more by her!

tw: snakes, being lost in the wilderness, cheating p
Heather
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Another @j3nn_benn book that I love! Last year I read her book, Alex Approximately & adored it so I was so excited for #starryeyes and once again I adored it!

I don’t think I liked this one as much as Alex but I still really enjoyed it! Another perfect summer read as well!! This one has a camping and hiking aspect to it which I enjoyed but good lord I am not like that at all! I am not a camper at all but I loved reading Zorie’s & Lennon’s hiking journey!! ⛺ 🔭
Overall would definitely reco
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: solid 4/5

”When I looked up at the stars, I saw us. You were the stars and I was the dark sky behind you”
“Without dark sky you couldn’t see the stars”
“I knew I was useful” he says
“You’re essential”

This is the first Jenn Bennett book I’ve read but it definitely won’t be my last! I couldn’t put down this cute, lighthearted and very fun novel. So many awesome moments I could mention??

I found the plot very refreshing and unique in its own way. I’ve read about camps before but never about an
Sruthi T S
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-fav
Nothing makes me more happier than this book!!! Okay, let me rephrase that sentence so that it'll sound even cheesier,'' this book is a river and I'm desperate to drown''.

Wow. Zorie Everhart and Lennon Mackenzie. Their chemistry had me drooling and the tension between them was so high that even I was sweating and drawing ragged breathes.

Zorie is the future astrophysist and is a planner with blueprints and lists. She emits the scientist vibe, glasses and all. And Lennon!!! where do I even start
Em Lost In Books
3.5*.

Cuteness overloaded.
Nick
Nov 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
I love camping so it doesn't matter if it is good or not, I am still reading it.
sandeep
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars

Best friends-turned-best enemies Zorie and Lennon are stranded together after a camping trip that goes wrong. With no one but each other, they are forced to face their issues. With witty jabs and insults as they try to make it back to safety. Fighting each other while also fighting off the forces of nature, what could possibly go wrong?

This book was a spectacular adventure with cuteness, fun, romance and heartbreak.

I really enjoyed these characters they weren't the cliche YA character
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

I don't know what the hell is going on with me but I've been loving me some YA books, this one included.

Review to come. . .
Amy Leigh
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read but a feel good adorable ya contemporary that I may re-read just because. After reading Alex,Approximately I knew I had found a new auto read author. This book did not let me down at all! I loved the romance and awkwardness and everything about it. I highly recommend this to ya contemporary romance fans and invite you to fall in love!

Zorie is an astronomy geek with future plans to work at NASA. For now, she is working part time at her parent's wellness clinic as a reception
Anja H.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 STARRY EYED STARS*

Well damn, I loved this! Zorie and Lennon's story was so damn cute it did not only give me starry eyes, but a fluttering heart and happy soul as well!
Books with roadtrips (or in this case camping trips) are one of my many guilty pleasures so I enjoyed this immensely!
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Cute and addictive. Finished it in less than a day. I wanted something I could fly through, and this book delivered. Side note: It was also refreshing to see sex discussed in a positive, healthy, consensual way. This book doesn't come out until April 2018, but I think it will make a perfect summer read next year!
maram ☂︎
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to maram ☂︎ by: may ❀
🤩 gushgalore. just the right amount of fluff 🤩

-----

3 days in the BookTubeAThon challenge and I'm finally starting my 2nd book 🎉

This will be my first Jenn Bennett's book and I'm reaaaalllllyyy excited to dive into it because it has my all-time favorite trope: enemies-to-lovers.
Jaime Arkin
If you don’t already know this, Jenn Bennett writes some of the best YA Contemporary that’s out there. I adore her style and her characters and her words and just everything.

I’ve been eagerly waiting for Starry Eyes and when I just happened to get my hands on it early, there was no way I was waiting to dive in.

Zorie and Lennon have been best friends forever and more recently they were exploring their romantic feelings. But Zorie can tell you the exact date everything changed only she doesn’t re
♥Rachel♥
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

So many things to love about Starry Eyes!

The setting!
A locale I’m pretty familiar with was like another character in the story, and Jenn Bennett’s beautiful descriptions made the setting come alive! I could almost smell the pines and picture wading through the ferns while reading.

Backpacking!
I used to be and avid backpacker so I loved that a good portion of Lennon and Zorie's story takes place while backpacking through the big redwoods. Trying to survive in the wilderness is a great
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
I got butterflies in my stomach.
FUCKING BUTTERFLIES.

Annnnd I've been spacing off and smiling at the ceiling like a freaking moron. Ugh wth is wrong with me

(view spoiler)

Bookphenomena (Kindling Micky)
My eyes are literally made of stars right now, dazzled, book-drunk stars. This book epitomises why YA is the sweetest spot to exist as it now joins a little collection of ‘YA-beats-all-other-genres’ books.

STARRY EYES is a real and beautiful tale of a friendship gone wrong somewhere, of families flawed and complex and a second chance at restoring friendship and love. Zorrie is a nerdy, budding astronomer with allergies and an organisation obsession. Lennon, her ex-best friend is a swoony, buff bo
Kate (GirlReading)
This was utterly adorable and further proof that Jenn Bennett is the queen of getting me out of reading slumps.

Jenn Bennett sure can write the kind of contemporaries I want and need. This book was filled with so many wonderful, complex and multidimensional character and relationships, each one with their own unique dynamic and reason to love them. It needn't matter whether those characters or relationships were positive or not, either way, they pulled you into their lives and have such a wonder
  • Now a Major Motion Picture
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost, #2)
  • Famous in a Small Town
  • The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You
  • Three Day Fiancée (Animal Attraction, #2)
  • The Geography of Lost Things
  • Down to You (Sixth Street Bands, #5)
  • Home is Where You Are (A Home Novel, #1)
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)
  • Your Destination Is on the Left
  • Untidy Towns
  • The Lying Woods
  • Snowy Nights at the Lonely Hearts Hotel
  • The Way You Make Me Feel
  • 738 Days (738 Days, #1)
  • Save the Date
Jenn Bennett is an award-winning author of several young adult books, including: ALEX, APPROXIMATELY; STARRY EYES; and SERIOUS MOONLIGHT. She also writes romance and fantasy for adults. Her books have earned multiple starred reviews, won Romance Writers of America’s RITA® Award, and been included on Publishers Weekly Best Books annual list. She lives near Atlanta with one husband and two dogs. Vis ...more
“When I looked up at the stars, I saw us. You were the stars and I was the dark sky behind you”
“Without dark sky you couldn’t see the stars”
“I knew I was useful” he says
“You’re essential”
20 likes
“Don't be cautious. Be careful,' she reminds me. Cautious people are afraid of the unknown and avoid it. Careful people plan so that they're more confident when they face the unknown.” 19 likes