Start by marking “For Every One” as Want to Read:
For Every One

For Every One

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  6,766 ratings  ·  1,389 reviews
Originally performed at the Kennedy Center for the unveiling of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and later as a tribute to Walter Dean Myers, this stirring and inspirational poem is New York Times bestselling author and National Book Award finalist Jason Reynolds’s rallying cry to the dreamers of the world.

For Every One is just that: for every one. For every one/>For
Published April 10th 2018 by Atheneum/Caitlyn Dlouhy Books

To ask other readers questions about For Every One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Every One

·  6,766 ratings  ·  1,389 reviews

Start your review of For Every One
Emily May
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, poetry
I saw this in the Goodreads Choice Award nominations for Best Poetry and thought I'd check it out!

It's a super quick read - thirty minutes max. - but it's pretty hard-hitting without being cheesy. That's the one reason I can never get into "motivational" reads: it's almost always super cheesy, carpe diem-type stuff. Reynolds, however, doesn't truss it up. His raw and sparse poetry is to the point and unsentimental. Moments like this one are occasional centre pieces, not the foundatio
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Simply inspiring! Jason Reynolds is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine.
Whitney Atkinson
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Netgalley provided me an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review

I'm a simple woman: I see anything by Jason Reynolds, I pounce on it.

This is a poem/letter for "dreamers" in the world. It's as much of testament of Reynolds' trials and errors as much as it is a call-to-action for the readers. The writing style is very clean and this probably only took me 10 minutes to read because it's barely over 100 pages and it's designed in a neat format on the page that plays around w/>Netgalley
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

Jason Reynolds is an author I've been meaning to read for a while now. Usually I am not one for poetry but I've been trying to set aside my prejudices of it lately. Reynolds delivers a powerful letter, one that speaks to all kinds of readers. I really enjoyed this small book, it took about 20 minutes to read and I found myself reading slower to savor the words.

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagram
Kayla Dawn
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Well, I think I should stop trying to enjoy poetry lol

I don't think this is a particular bad one or anything, it just wasn't for me.
David Schaafsma
Originally performed at the Kennedy Center for the unveiling of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and later as a tribute to Walter Dean Myers, this short speech by great performer and children’s author Reynolds is vaguely titled, but it is addressed to young people about the importance of dreams. In it the now successful Reynolds reveals how he was unsuccessful most of his life, and never gave up. His principal accomplishment seems to be the fact that he is an inspiration to thousands of kids ...more
Gabby
Short and sweet and inspiring. I listened to the audiobook which was only 25 minutes long, and it was the perfect pick me up. You can tell Jason Reynolds is a great writer and has a true passion for it and I love that. I love the fact that he’s not preaching at you because he’s super successful, he just wants to continue to motivate himself and achieve his dreams, and I found this short book very inspiring and motivating. :)
emily
Jun 17, 2018 added it
this was......underwhelming. and i feel bad saying that because he has a bit at the end directed towards those who didn't like his book/letter/poem (lol) but it was very surface-level, empty rhetoric about dreams and how you shouldn't give up. it feels like literally anyone could have written this and includes sentiments and phrases that i'm sure tons of people have shared before. it wasn't anything knew, he used too many metaphors in strange ways and i couldn't always keep track of which metaph ...more
Emma
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a letter/poem to all the dreamers out there. Reynolds explores the theme of uncertainty but he also wants this letter to be an encouragement for all the people trying to make their dream come true. It’s a testament of his dream too, of how difficult it is to make it and also of him not giving up what he believes in.
I think the message this little book wants to send is an honorable one but I just wasn’t blown away by it. This book is good, but I think there could have been more to it.
Lata
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick read of an inspirational poem aimed at younger readers, exhorting them to dream, to have courage, and to take action.
The words, while not groundbreaking, are heartfelt, and I would have liked to have read the sentiments when I was much younger and wondering what direction I should go.
Krista Regester
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The truth is
our dreams could be
as far away as forever
or as close as lunchtime.

Misster Reader
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what I needed. In fact, it's exactly what everyone needs at any point in time.

It's a short (30 minutes max) pep talk to all the dreamers out there. No, you do not need to be an artist or have an affinity to the arts to be a dreamer. If you have a goal, whether short-term or long-term, small or big, this is for you. It is encouraging and understanding. It is a warm hug that lets you know you are not alone so go ahead and dream.

There are a plethora of valuable lines in
Trevor
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was ok

Rida Imran (ON HIATUS)
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I read Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds this year and absolutely loved it.

I'm not a fan of self help books. But this was nominated for best poetry in the in the Goodreads Choice Awards and I wanted to read more of Jason Reynolds.

There's something very magical about the way he writes. It's art. This letter to a dreamer is so short yet hard hitting. There's so much meaning and so much feeling behind this. It's beautiful.

This book is For Every One!
Critterbee❇
Beautiful. Everyone would benefit from reading this letter/poem of dreaming and jumping and persisting and accepting.

"Your dream is the mole

Shelves: fiction, 2018-books
Comforting and inspirational!
Melissa Veras
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! I don't usually read this kind of books, but it was not bad at all. I enjoyed it.
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
This review originally appeared on Novel Ink.

This poem/letter came along at exactly the time I needed to read it. I had been through a rough few weeks, and this was just… everything I needed to keep me going. (Once again, Jason Reynolds saves the day.) But seriously, this was a fantastic poem I think everyone would benefit from reading. Reynolds
mytaakeonit
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every time I think I can’t love him more than I already do, Jason Reynolds makes me love him more than I already do. I want to read this book/letter/poem to every single one of my students—past and present— read it out loud to myself every day, read it from a loud speaker as I drive down the road, read it everywhere to everyone. This book is for every one.
Danielle
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A letter of encouragement for dreamers, and for anyone thinking of giving up on a dream.
Prim
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, poetry, scribd
➸ 4 stars

𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬,
𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬,
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬.

picked this book on a whim and it's really amazing & inspiring.
Aliza Werner
A letter to himself. A letter to the dreamers. Jason Reynolds setting words on fire...per usual.
Jillian
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
inspiring and uplifting
Kallie.C
This book was more of a short, quick read for me. Yet it was a fast read it was also a little hard to understand at times only because there wasn't much of a story to it. In which there wasn't a lot to the book. It was inspirational because it was almost like a book filled with small notes that were encouraging. I liked this book as a quick read because normally I tend to read books that take a lot longer to finish and so it was good to switch it up.
Kelly
This would be the kind of book you gift young people graduating. The takeaway of ~take the leap~ is one I think coming from someone like Reynolds really works well.

The design of the book is also super appealing, and I can see readers coming back to this one again and again.
Lauren Stoolfire
Never give up on your dreams. I highly recommend as read by the author, it's an incredibly powerful yet short listen.
anna (readingpeaches)
a love letter to all dreamers, leaving you with this incredible feeling of calm
Coenraad
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jason Reynolds produces an enigmatic text. Is it a collection of poems, as Fantastic Fiction describes it, or rather one long poem? Is it a letter addressed to "every one", as the title indicates? Is it a self-help book (the voice in the text professes to have no answers, so perhaps not)? But is surely inspirational, especially for young people experiencing today's sense of international chaos and uncertainty.

The gist seems to be: you can and should be courageous. You may never have all the ans
Kristina
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s real. It’s quick. And it’s worth the time.
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
A short, yet powerful read to never give up on your dreams! Jason Reynolds has a way with words. This book will make you realize that on the road less traveled, you're not alone. On the dreams you feel as though have passed you by, really haven't. No matter the fear, the obstacle etc, JUST JUMP! This book makes the perfect gift. It's the motivational speech that everyone needs.

• The Poet X
  • The Unwanted: Stories of the Syrian Refugees
  • Monday's Not Coming
  • Fresh Ink: An Anthology
  • Illegal
After earning a BA in English from The University of Maryland, College Park, he moved to Brooklyn, New York, where you can often find him walking the four blocks from the train to his apartment talking to himself. Well, not really talking to himself, but just repeating character names and plot lines he thought of on the train, over and over again, because he’s afraid he’ll forget it all before he ...more
“Dreams don't have timelines, deadlines, and aren't always in straight lines.” 20 likes
“Your dream is the mole