Start by marking “The Year of Living Awkwardly: Sophomore Year (Chloe Snow's Diary, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Year of Living Awkwardly: Sophomore Year (Chloe Snow's Diary, #2)

The Year of Living Awkwardly: Sophomore Year

(Chloe Snow's Diary #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
High school student Chloe Snow chronicles another year in her life while she navigates the highs and lows of family, friendship, school, and love in her diary.

It’s Chloe Snow’s sophomore year of high school, and life has only grown more complicated.

Last year, Chloe was the star of the musical. This year, after an audition so disastrous she runs off the stage in tears, she’
Published July 10th 2018 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The Year of Living Awkwardly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Year of Living Awkwardly

Jasmine from How Useful It Is
I started reading The Year of Living Awkwardly on 6/27/18 and finished it on 6/30/18. This book is an excellent read! I enjoy high school reads a lot, especially when books are upbeat and easy going like this one. It has humor and a diverse of characters exploring who they are and how they perceive themselves. The mean girl Reese is tolerable. I like her smart mean under the guise of being nice rather than being outwardly wicked mean. For this, I can understand how Chloe feels being on the recei ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arcs, contemporary, ya
If I was asked to describe The Year of Living Awkwardly in three words, I would say: delightful, amusing, and honest.

When I started this book, I was immediately captured by Chloe's voice. Chloe clearly came across as a 15-year-old teen, and I found her musings, observations, frustrations, and fears very believable. I fell in love with her. I was happy, when she was happy, and sad, when she was sad. I raged with her, hurt with her, and even swooned with her. There were so many times I wanted to r
Karen • The Book Return
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

Read this review and more on my blog.The Book Return Blog
I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

"The point of the musical is that Nellie's racism is disgusting and that you can be a cute, fun girl everyone considers so nice and still have this snake coiled in your heart. "

"It's like Tris let go of his trapeze and he's falling through the air, waiting for Roy to catch him, but Roy

Brianna Westervelt
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Chloe Snow is no longer a high school disaster, I can say that much. At least in my opinion.

After how quickly I devoured this sophomore year installment, I'm amazed at how brief my thoughts were about her freshman year diary:

"Sequel suggestion: fast-forward a few years and let's see Chloe in her first year of COLLEGE.

Now that would be fascinating."

While I do suggest quite the fast-forward above, I was THRILLED to discover Chloe Snow's sophomore year diary.

When you actually make the transition f
Resch Reads
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
*Book Received in Exchange for Honest Opinion/Review*

So last year, the first book in this series came out...and it was a hot mess. I wasn't a fan at all but when Simon & Schuster reached out to me to review the second book, I was hesitant. I wanted to see not only if Emma's writing improved but if Chloe improved as a person because she was extremely self-centered and narcissistic in the first book. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this book was a delight. I enjoyed watching Chloe evolv
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
BEWARE: If you read this, you will fall into the Chloe Snow vortex in which you can't stop reading all of her awkward & embarrassing & endearing thoughts.
Peyton
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2018
Oh so much fun. While I didn’t love it as much as the first I still enjoyed it very much. The story went by a lot faster than the first and loved the drama that happened. I also still appreciated the separate parents shown here since I felt it is so well done.
4/5 Stars
Natalie (Natflix&Books)
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
I'm pretty in love with this series. There aren't any more books listed here yet, but I am sincerely hoping for Chloe's junior and senior years. This series is filling the void of not having any more Jessica Darling diaries to look forward to.

Full review to come.
Michele
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I just get SUPER into high school contemporary romance/comedies and this was definitely one of them. I loved Chloe and Grady and Tris and just all of them. ALL OF THEM. Except Reese of course, but you're not supposed to love her. Unless you love to hate her, maybe.

It's a fun story told sort of in diary form. Chloe is starting sophomore year of high school, her parents are getting a divorce, her love life is a disaster, her friend group is gaining and losing members and having rivalries
Brenda Ayala
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yallwest-2018
A common theme for my reviews lately: I expected to hate this book. I thought it was going to be incredibly shallow and vapid with nothing substantial. Only boy-craziness.

Which it was, but it was great. It’s one of the few times the mindset seemed somewhat authentic. Yes, it’s a hormonal time and everyone is obsessed with sex as teenagers. The difference with this book, and what made it good, was that the characters never act like their relationships are destined or something. Yes, they’re firs
Lexie
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Läs min recension här:

Chloe Snow: Mitt trassliga andra år lever upp till sin titel på alla sätt och vis. Även nu efter andra boken älskar jag att läsa Chloes dagbok, och boken känns verkligen trovärdig och äkta, och bjuder på alltifrån skratt till oro till tårar, på ett enkelt men välgjort sätt. Jag ser fram emot att läsa ännu mer om Chloe, för jag älskar verkligen hur Chastain tagit den klassiska ungdomsboken och adderat en smula extra röra och lite mer k
Annie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How I missed Chloe Snow! Another year full of funny, awkward moments, sobbing in the bathroom (Chastain gets this SO RIGHT), and heartfelt moments that bring you straight back to your teenage years. I loved every word, every sentiment.
Lauren R.
PLEASE let there be a junior year book next. Please. I loved the first story even though Chloe definitely had some (natural/normal) flaws and immaturity to work through. I rooted for her so much in both stories. I absolutely LOVE her voice and her realness. I don’t think I’ve ever read a YA book that feels more real. The diary format helps but the overall voice in the story is so natural. I remember feeling so many of the same emotions throughout my early high school years. So yes please, keep e ...more
Sammy
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
I was contacted by Simon & Schuster to review this book when a spot on their blog tour came up – I was so excited I can’t even begin to describe it! I’d seen a few reactions and reviews for this book and was overall pretty eager to get stuck in! Though I was aware it was a second book in a series where I hadn’t read the first, so I was a little concerned I might be lost for the first part of the book at least.
lp
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This sharp follow up to CONFESSIONS OF A HIGH SCHOOL DISASTER was so much fun (the pages literally flew by, I had no idea what was happening), the characters are developing beautifully and realistically, and the voices are delicious and perfect.

"I was wearing a striped sweater I thought looked pretty cute, but as soon as I saw Reese, I realized I looked like someone's dorky nephew. She had on gray leather pants with ankle zippers and a sheer white shirt over a black bra with crisscrossing strap
Cambear
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Three and a half stars

Much better than the first book. Chloe is a touch wiser and not making such obviously awful choices. She’s a bit more of a victim this time so she’s trying to figure out what to do to survive the family/friend/boyfriend drama. That’s much more relatable than trying to root for freshman Chloe and her destructive behavior. This time, it’s about not going with her gut, big family changes and a mean girl who’s about to (indirectly) take over her life.

There’s an interesting att
Milan
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Highschool
Recommended to Milan by: Library
The Year of Living Awkwardly, written by Emma Chastain, is a fast-paced and fun ride. This book is told in first-person point of view following Chloe Snow expressing herself in a diary format, Chloe is like any regular teenage girl . The Year of Living Awkwardly has humor and diversity of characters exploring who they are and how they perceive themselves. '' I think the hardest thing about being a teenager is dealing with other teenagers, criticism and the ridicule, the gossip & rumors''- B ...more
Crystal ✬ Lost in Storyland
Chloe has a fun voice and sense of humor that takes me back to my teenage years, back when everything was supposed to be simple, but wasn’t because of teenage awkwardness.

This book reads just like a diary entry. Many of the entires are short and filled with thoughts as they come to Chloe. While there are consistent themes, like family, friendship, and romance, there are also many smaller subplots following Chloe’s journey into sophomore year, and they get resolved at different times. This is gre
Ajy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!!!

I love love love Chloe Snow so much- her personality, her writing and her boy drama!!! I love how she's so unapologetically herself because it is her diary, after all. She writes down thoughts that we all have come across but may have never been brave enough to say them out loud. Her phobia of driving is such a realistic issue that I never see written in most novels.

Also, Tristan is the best. He's the perfect friend and I love how we get a peek into his romantic life as well! I lo
DJ
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Copy provided by the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Year of Living Awkwardly the second book in this series, but I have not read the first one. I will tell you that I loved this book without having read the first one so I'm sure its even better if you have read the first one. This could easily be read as stand alone book as well. I loved how realistic Chloe was. Her voice was awkward, frustrated, sad, and happy at times. She went through all the feelings and emotion
Lynndell
Charming and funny!
Thanks to NetGalley and Simon Pulse for the opportunity to read and review The Year of Living Awkwardly: Sophomore Year by Emma Chastain!
Chloe shares her daily experiences through diary entries. She lives with her single father after her mother left them. Chloe's mother went to Mexico with her much younger boyfriend. Needless to say, Chloe is angry at her mother. Chloe and her co-worker Grady have an entertaining relationship. Once school starts, so does the worrying and the
Rachelle
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
The Year of Living Awkwardly... Chloe's struggle through her sophomore year of high school reminds us what it was like in each strange moment in the sometimes lonely halls of the school building. Chloe is friends with Grady; they work at the local swimming pool concession stand. Grady is so different than Chloe's ex who attends college. An irrational fear of crashing in a car accident keeps Chloe distant from her driver's license. Loved every broken heart, confusing text, and fake friend glance.
daniella
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well, that was a bad as I thought.

The first book was bad, but this one was worse. Nothing happens for the whole book with her and Grady. They just talk a little. She doesn’t even get an important role in the school play. She’s just a chorus kid. Her parents aren’t even divorced yet. All of a sudden at the end, Grady and Chloe are a couple? That all happened really fast. It was boring for the whole book until the end where she confesses her love. Not the best book.

It got an extra star just cuz
Karen
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-fiction
Such an easy read. At one point when looking at the date of her diary, I was thinking to myself how the heck did i get to January 24th already. I am now ready to read her jr yr story but I am going to have to wait quite a while I am guessing since Chloe 2.0 LOL just released.
Read InAGarden
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
A really fun read. Who can't forget their awkward sophomore year? Chastain brings it all back in this delightful novel. And even better, even though it is part of a series, it can be read as a stand alone.
bach books
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm embarrassed to admit how much I like reading these books. The author captures the amplified highs and lows of adolescence with humor and authenticity. Pure gold for fans of YA high school drama and relationship angst.
Bookworm03r
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay so as a Sophmore this year the book was so relatable and funny. I loved it!
Jennie
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m giving this five ⭐ for the ending and I don’t want it to change - especially not in future books. But yeah, 5 stars for a fun, sweet, lovely summer read 😊 ...more
Gillian Odom
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This sequel is just as great as the first. I loved it! Hoping for a third!! Perfect teen read.
Katie Ferbet
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the perfect summer book! Keeps you on the edge of your set until the very ending. The characters really grew and developed throughout the story. Already wanting a third book!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Chloe Snow's Diary (2 books)
  • Confessions of a High School Disaster (Chloe Snow's Diary, #1)