Start by marking “I've Got My Eyes on You” as Want to Read:
I've Got My Eyes on You

I've Got My Eyes on You

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  10,103 ratings  ·  1,010 reviews
A new thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author and “Queen of Suspense” Mary Higgins Clark.

After a party when her parents are away, eighteen-year-old Kerry Dowling is found fully dressed at the bottom of the family pool.

The immediate suspect is her boyfriend who had a bitter argument with her at the party. Then there is a twenty-year-old neighbor who was angry bec
Published April 3rd 2018 by Simon Schuster

·  10,103 ratings  ·  1,010 reviews

Luffy
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Previously I would have read this book in two days, but for some reason, I've been having troubles committing myself. As you see, I rated my read 3 stars. There are reasons for that. But can I pin them down?

Firstly there is a blatant and frankly clumsy attempt to extend the book's length by 50 pages or so. Extra characters which hog the 'limelight'. Superfluous people and their woes in which I have no investment.

I wanted to like this book. But the author disappointed me. The setting was more the
Kaceey
3.5*
One of my go-to authors for years has been Mary Higgins Clark. It’s been some time few since I picked one of her books up, though I have about a half a dozen waiting on my shelf for me.
I can’t say how nice it was to reunite with her once again!

Kerry Dowling, a popular high school girl is found dead in her backyard pool following last nights’ party.
All the obvious suspects are brought in for closer look. The boyfriend who just happened to have a fight with Kerry earlier that night. The neig
Sara
Apr 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
An excellent poet by the name of T.S. Eliot once said "This is how the world ends not with a whimper, but with a bang." yes I know I got this wrong, in the interest of honesty I'm keeping it as it is

Alas the end for YUGE popular fiction writers tends to got the opposite way. Not with bang but with a whimper. That certainly seems to be the case with this very sad addition to the Mary Higgins Clark catalog.

If you read my reviews you already know why I love Mrs. C. She's more or less the mother of
Susanne  Strong
3 Stars.

When Kerry’s body is found floating in her parents’ pool after a party, everyone thinks her on again, off again boyfriend Alan is to blame. They were fighting that night and he left the party pretty angry.

When Kerry’s sister Aline returns home from London to start a new job as the High School Guidance Counselor, she and her parents discover what happened. Aline’s parents are highly suspicious of Alan because all circumstantial evidence leads to him. Aline, however works with one of the
Louise Wilson
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Kerry Dowling is found fully dressed at the bottom of the family swimming pool after a party she had while her parents were away. She had an argument with her boyfriend and upset a friend who is also a neighbour by not inviting him to the party. But just who did push Kerry into the pool?

Aline, Kerry's sister, does not seem to show much emotion after the death of her sister, but we all deal with grief in different ways. Aline works as a guidance counsellor at the high school Kerry attended. The b
Suzanne
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great mystery story but was a bit predictable since one of the characters was way more obviously shady more than the others. However, I don’t care if a book is predictable as long as the story has me hooked. I was from the first page. I have not read too many Mary Higgins Clark books but hope to fix that soon. I really enjoyed it and was hooked from the start in finding Kerry’s murderer. Great plot and group of characters.

My quick and simple overall: read in one sitting and was thoroughly enter
Ken
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice fun suspenseful mystery that has a simple basic plot and very short chapters that made for an enjoyable breezy read.

Young 18 year old Kerry Dowling is found dead in the family swimming pool, after previously hosting a party the night before.
The obvious suspect is her boyfriend Alan as the pair had been arguing during the party.
Whilst her name Jamie is also under consideration as he didn’t receive an invite.

I must confess that I’d not read a Mary Higgins Clarke before, but I thoroughly e
Sherri Thacker
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe this is my 4th book I’ve read by Mary Higgins Clark and I usually give her books between 4-5 stars. The short chapters made it for a quick read and I read it on a rainy Saturday. I literally could not put this book down. It grabbed from page 1 and left me guessing till the last page. 5 stars ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐ for me!! ...more
Trisha
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: precinct-81
"I promise you and your mother and your father that we are going to find out who did this to Kerry and your family, and that person will go away for a very long time."

This read very much like a Law and Order episode. Quick and easy read, you know right away that you have a witness to the crime but you also know why they can't help the police. Pretty quickly from there, the murder and the full cast of characters are introduced. It's fast paced, taking any POV needed to help flush out the story -
Kelly
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I keep saying I'm going to give up on MHC books, but I know I will continue to read every single one as long as she keeps writing. Her books have become very average over the past few years. I honestly wonder if she has a ghostwriter, or if she's just sort of given up. But I keep holding out hope of a really good one because I love her older books so much. Like many of her recent books, this one was pretty flat. Her writing style is just so dull sometimes. I feel like if I had turned something l ...more
Kathy Bell
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mary Higgins Clark Wow! 90 years old and still writes an amazing book!
Sandra Uv
Jan 28, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1/5

“¿Quién le había arrebatado la vida a Kerry? ¿Quién podía haberle hecho algo así a alguien que prometía tanto y que tenía toda la vida por delante?”

El último baile me ha parecido un thriller malísimo con una calidad literaria muy pobre, personajes planos, diálogos ridículos... mi primer contacto com la autora no ha podido ser peor, desgraciadamente. No lo recomiendo para nada, pero estoy segura de que esta escritora tiene libros muy buenos, así que investigaré y los leeré, no me rindo. Huid d
Megan
While this was a very easy read, the mystery/suspense just wasn't there. I knew as soon as a certain character was introduced, they were bad and most likely the culprit...and I was correct. I also figured out nearly right away why the person murdered her.

That being said, I still enjoyed reading the book but it was far from a great novel. Definitely a one time read. I found Aline, Kerri's sister, to show hardly any emotion (even internally) and that was just weird to me. With the way she behaved
Mary Higgins
May 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst Mary Higgins Clark books I’ve read. I thought , as I was reading it, “was this written for adults?” I felt like it was written for a 13 or14 year old kid. The premise was even more for a teen’s book, but it was not developed enough into a mystery. It was a fast read if you can keep reading it, but I kept putting it down because it was so poor. Very poor, do not recommend it.
Natalie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I keep saying I am going to give up this author, and then I keep reading them. I found this story to be very plot driven with not a lot of character development. I figured out who did it early on (it follows a bit of the pattern of the author's earlier books). On the plus side, it was a quick read.
Nattie
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
I almost gave this book 1 star but it wasn't a bad story so I couldn't do that. The way it was written was absolutely awful. For the most part it felt like I was reading something meant for people who read at the same level as elementary school kids. I was really thrown off by that, but I think that has been an issue with a couple of Clark's more recent books.

A lot of things have been issues with some of Clark's more recent books, including extreme repetitiveness, chapters with one paragraph, a
María Valero (Mecomenloslibros)
Lectura entretenida, pero final demasiado obvio.
Los pensamientos de los personajes se mezclan con la voz del narrador y a veces resulta confusa la lectura.
Interesante la aparición de un personaje con discapacidad intelectual.
Lectura rápida y ágil.
Adelyn
May 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at page 50. This was impossible to get into. Flat, stereotypical characters and a blow-by-blow plot that failed to tell me why I should care. It seemed like the author wasn’t even interested in her own story.
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
En realidad 2,5 estrellas. Otro libro de esta autora que me resulta totalmente predecible. Y van dos en muy poco tiempo.
Ivy H
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-novel
description

I am huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark's mysteries and have read nearly all of her novels ( in my pre Goodreads era ) so I was looking forward to this one a lot. I'm such a fan of this author that I even have the dvd collection of her selected books that have been made into movies. That's why this was such a letdown. There was little thrill or nail biting suspense and the storytelling was dry. The murder mystery itself was not compelling and the style of writing didn't actually engender much carin
CD {Boulder Blvd}
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not sure how to rate this one. It's probably more of a 2 star versus a 3 star read. MHC has been one of my go to authors for years. But lately, after each new book, I say I'm not reading the next new one. And again, I'm thinking this should be the last one I read. The plot could be good, but the reader can figure it out with the introduction of each character. The bad guy is obvious and the reason behind the murder is just as obvious. There is no suspense and virtually no mystery. MHC is the ...more
Kirsten
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
Mary Higgins Clark writes what I can only call the cozy thriller. And they are fun. A good suspense/mystery story with a subplot of romance. The romance is there and it's sweet but it's not overwhelming. This is only my second book by this author and I'm really enjoying her style.
Nedyah
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Como ya sabréis, Mary Higgins Clark es una de las autoras estadounidenses más famosas y conocidas en la publicación de novelas de misterio y suspense pero, hasta ahora, no había tenido oportunidad de ponerme con una de sus novelas. En este caso, su última publicación en España, El Último Baile, una historia de asesinatos y misterio bastante sencilla pero que engancha sin darte cuenta, con una pluma directa y ágil que te transporta al interior de sus páginas, como si estuvieras ante una película
QHuong(BookSpy)
DNF. I was very bored and it was just a very standard crime procedural. The author didn't even try to add more psychological aspects to the story. That was a true disappointment.
Marie-Louise
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
I can't believe this book has 4 stars so far. Has it been edited at all? She switches between third person and first person...did no one at the publishing company notice? There's no character development...everyone comes across as flat and one-dimensional. I used to love Mary Higgins- Clark. In the beginning I thought she was a great author, in fact, one of my favourites, but from some point her books started to grate. After a long break I thought I'd give her another chance. But no, she is stil ...more
maurasprince
Jul 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
I’ve read some older MHC books and I always enjoyed them. This book was one of the worst books I’ve read in recent memory. The characters were so badly written and 100% unrealistic. The dialogue was laughable. Such a miss for MHC.
Il confine dei libri
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letti
Salve Confine!
Eccomi ad allietare la rete con una mia nuova recensione, un thriller questa volta, targato Sperling & Kupfer, che ringrazio per l'invio della copia cartacea dalla bella cover.
Si tratta de "Lultimo ballo" di Mary Higgins Clark, una affermata regina del thriller che, nonostante la veneranda età, riesce ancora a sfornare storie ricche di mistero e tensione.
Kerry Dowling, adolescente fresca di diploma, viene trovata morta nella sua piscina dopo aver dato una festa con i suoi comp
Yovita
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

I enjoy.enjoy.enjoy the tensions Clark throw in the beginnings.
I definitely LOVE the short-paged chapters. it encourages me to keep munching the story.
I know it has neat word-building, absolutely chop off the unnecessary things to talk, and I partly enjoy it sometimes because I gain solemn focus to follow the story and characters.

I'm not used with Clark's super clean, straighforward, and no elaborated words; like she goes a then she does b and she says c. next chapter, he plays d, he
Joann
First of all, let me say I have read and enjoyed almost all the Mary Higgins Clark books. I struggled through this book and finally found the word "simplistic" to describe my read. I skipped through the chapters at lightning speed since it is repetitive - especially what a prisoner has to go through when picked up and charged with murder. I'm thankful to a friend who loaned me this book, so I didn't have to waste my money on this one.
Sue
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m thinking a 4.5. I totally did not believe who killed Kerry. This was my first mary Higgins Clark read. It was quick and quite the nail biter. I don’t think I’ve every completed a book it 2 doors. I want more of these. I like the mention of local places in nj and reference to Woodbury commons. I felt like it was closer to home.

I think I like suspense/murder and then of course a love story with mike and Aline.
  • Protecting His Princess
  • For the Baby's Sake
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Profile of Retribution (Profile, #3)
  • The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)
  • The Girl in the Woods
  • Heartsick
  • Drawn Into Darkness
  • Stone Cold Heart (Tracers #13)
  • Shadowed
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Daisy Dalrymple, #11)
  • The Yellow Room
  • True Spies (Lord and Lady Spy, #2)
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
“The best answer I’ve heard came in a sermon given by an elderly priest many years ago. He was traveling in the Middle East and was overwhelmed by the majesty of the Persian rugs he saw. Those gorgeous creations so skillfully woven into such beautiful designs. One day he was in a shop where those rugs were on display. He walked behind one that was hanging on hooks from the ceiling. Looking at it from behind, he was shocked to behold a confusing array of threads that led nowhere. Such beauty on one side, total disharmony on the other, but both part of the same plan. It was then that the message became clear to him. In this life we see only the back side of the rug. We don’t know how or why our unspeakable hardships are part of a beautiful design. That is why having faith is so important.” 3 likes