Start by marking “The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters, #4)

The Pearl Sister

(The Seven Sisters #4)

From the breathtaking beaches of Thailand to the barely tamed wilds of colonial Australia, The Pearl Sister is the next captivating story in New York Times bestselling author Lucinda Riley’s epic series about two women searching for a place to call home.

CeCe D’Aplièse has always felt like an outcast. But following the death of her father—the reclusive billionaire affection
Published January 23rd 2018 by Atria Books (first published November 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Pearl Sister, please sign up.
Lucinda Riley Hi Roz! 'The Pearl Sister' will be available in the UK & Commonwealth on November 2nd. You can pre-order now on Amazon.co.uk. X
Lucinda Riley Sorry for the late reply. The US edition is published on 23rd January 2018. It's available for pre-order now. X

Lori
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic addition to the Seven Sisters series! I think I say this after each one I read, but I think this has been my favorite. It seems to take me a bit to get into each new story only because I’m trying to put all the sisters stories into order. However, once I got to know Kitty I was hooked. I love that Riley is able through this series to take her readers to different remote places across the globe and teach them something about these places while they’re there. So excited to continue these ...more
Babydimps (Suzy)
Well, this book is nothing short of spectacular! I cannot begin to explain the joy and fulfillment I get from reading the books in this series. In addition to the first book, The Seven Sisters, The Pearl Sister is my favorite. I absolutely fell in love with Kitty and her story. Set in Australia, I truly felt as if I was taken into another world. It takes me quite some time to get through these books - mainly because I don’t want to miss a single detail - I am fully immersed! I can’t wait for Tig ...more
Zoe
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poignant, enthralling, and exceptionally moving!

The Pearl Sister, the fourth instalment in the The Seven Sisters series, is predominantly set in the dusty Australian heat during both the early 1900s and twenty-first century as it delves into the life, ancestors, and heritage of CeCe, the struggling, awkward artist who seems adrift and in desperate need of some inspiration, companionship, and contentment.

The prose is expressive, eloquent, and heartfelt. The characters are complex, genuine, and en
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
It is CeCe D’Aplièse’s story that features front and centre in Lucinda Riley’s latest masterpiece series, The Pearl Sister. CeCe is a young woman who has always felt ill at ease in her surroundings, unable to find a sense of peace or home. The death of her beloved father Pa Salt sends her into further despair. England no longer feels like home to CeCe so she makes a rash decision to abandon ship and travel to find her family roots in Australia. Her
Umut Reviews
You can also see this review and the rest of Seven Sisters reviews at my blog: https://umutreviews.wordpress.com/201...
'I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when  I heard that my father had died, I thought to myself as I stared out of the window and saw the complete blackness of the night. Intermittently below me, there were small clusters of twinkling lights indicating human habitation, each light containing a life, a family, a set of friends....None of which I felt I had any lon
Pauline
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pearl Sister by Lucinda Riley was an excellent historical novel, the fourth in a series of books about six young women who had all been adopted as babies and brought up as sisters.
The girls are devastated when their father dies and they all come home for the funeral. They are all given letters written by their father with clues to their natural parents.
This fourth book in the series is about CeCe who travels to Australia in search of her family.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Now that I'm reading Star's story in The Shadow Sister, I know that The Pearl Sister is about the artistic, outspoken Ceecee, who at night is tormented by nightmares she doesn't talk about, who makes art but doesn't brag about it, who has dyslexia, and loves Star in a codependent way. I didn't care much for Star's story by the end, so I hope I like this book more.

So, I now know for a fact that the anagram for D’Aplièse and Pa Salt is for the legend of Atlas and the Hesperides.

Claire Robinson
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "So far, it's been an utter... Adventure." Stars!

There aren’t many authors I’d willingly sign up to read a 700+ page book by, but Lucinda Riley’s work is definitely one of the illustrious few that I have absolutely no problem saying yes to in that regard. The Pearl Sister perfectly highlighted why, because it never felt like I was reading a book of that length.

The past is who I am…

The story the author told, took me to present day Thailand, Australia and the UK, as well as Scotland in the
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I have so far read all the books published in this series except the second one and it's such a wonderful series. I really love how reach book takes one of the sisters through a journey, not only to a faraway country, like Australia in this book, but also a journey into the past.

The best dual storyline books are the ones where both tales are equally interesting and Lucinda Riley has managed to achieve that with this book. I loved how the contemporary story first takes the reader to Thailand and
Teresa
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are times when I want to immerse myself in a novel and capture that feeling of sinking into a favourite armchair with my cosiest blanket with, more than likely, a large glass of rosé on the side. Lucinda Riley's novels have always given me that "hygge" feeling and The Pearl Sister is exactly the kind of comfort reading I need on darkening Autumnal evenings.

I haven't read all of the previous "sisters" series but this works perfectly well as a standalone novel. This is the story of Cece who
Helen White
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in Goodreads giveaways - thank you very much.

I wasn't really looking forward to CeCe's story after she came across as controlling and brattish in Star's previous novel. However as always a different perspective changes everything. CeCe does a bit of a runner and decides to head to Australia to find her family, stopping over in Thailand. Thailand brings her the rest and romance she might need but it's when she gets to Australia the s plot really gets good.

As with most dual storylines i
Jenks
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the the first two books - I had formed an opinion of Cece and I couldn’t of been more wrong !

This was amazing , I love the way the author details the journey of each daughter and how they finally find themselves home.

I’d recommend this book and cannot wait to read the next one ( I read this slightly out of sync )
Anna
The Pearl Sister is the fourth installment of the planned Seven Sisters series, each book focusing on one sister. Pa Salt was a wealthy man who adopted six baby girls (yes six, not seven - why?) from all over the world and brought them up with love, luxury and opportunity at his lakeside castle in Geneva. Now he's dead and has bequeathed an envelope of clues for each daughter should they wish to trace their roots. The fourth sister is Cece....

I've been concerned about this one as I haven't liked
Judy
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Cece's story - I always look forward to the next book in this series to find out where that sister came from and how she came to be adopted by Pa Salt. The stories are always intriguing as, after Pa Salt's death, each sister searches for her heritage. Cece's search takes her far away indeed and she finds a rich history with surprising characters. The historical backstory was fascinating and I loved reading about Kitty, Andrew and Drummond.

I hear there may be a tv series: https://www.panm
Thebooktrail
description

Visit the locations in the novel
link: The Pearl Sister

I’m a huge fan of the Seven Sisters series and this is no exception. I spent a delicious day reading this and nothing else. What a treat it was. Intertwining stories, another mystery of a sister finding out who her real parents are, travelling to Australia, to Alice Springs no less to find out. I loved the going back in time to meet Kitty – a woman whose life is linked to Star. The intricate way the story played out was a delight and the 670
Haleema
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was absolutely beautiful. Pearl sister is my favourite of the seven sisters series so far. I have smiled, cried, laughed, gasped a few times and thought about the storyline when I was not reading it. The characters were just brilliant I could relate to the storylines and characters in so many different ways I felt like my own life was projected in some ways.
The historical aspect of Australia and the pearling industry was amazing to read about as all the ancestral stories in the seven siste
Alexandra Fuller
I had enjoyed the first three of this series by Lucinda Riley and had eagerly awaited the issue of this one. I was a bit disappointed as I felt she did not convey the relationship of the main character with her Australian roots as well as she had with the back stories three earlier sisters. I felt the main character was lacking in things to illuminate her personality, she came over as very weak. I felt also that the author was searching for ideas to bring the story together but she did not succe ...more
Amy
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual a fast and easy read. I had some issues with the writing and character portrayal... For example CeCe didn't know what genocide is??? And who Darwin was?? Being dyslexic doesn't mean you are lacking general knowledge! I always love the tales Lucinda Riley spins so was really fun to read. I don't get what Ace had to do with anything. I feel like the end of that storyline was a let down.
The Lit Bitch
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I have been a huge fan of Lucina Riley’s novels for quite some time, although I think I missed one back in 2016, THE SHADOW SISTER, which makes me sad because I love her books. I simply must go back and read that one before the year is out and the next book comes out!

That said, I don’t feel like I missed a whole lot by skipping around within the series. Every story is unique and independent of the series as a whole, but that said they are all connected by central characters and other p
Jess The Bookworm
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel in the Seven Sisters series follows CeCe on her journey to discover where she came from and who she is. CeCe has never felt like she fits in anywhere, and until recently, always had Star to depend on. However, since Star discovered her own path in the Shadow Sister, and started to live her own life, CeCe find herself utterly alone.

CeCe decides to follow the clues left to her and heads off to Australia to find out about her heritage. On the way she has a stop in Thailand and meets Ace,
Shirley Revill
Wow, What a truly amazing story that I must admit I was very sorry when I got to the end.
A tale that takes you back through time with much sadness encountered along the way.
The tale of an adopted child who sets out to discover her past but also discovers her future.
Some things are meant to be and fate has a way to bring us back to where we belong.
Really enjoyed and I will be looking for more from this author.
Amanda
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-on-paper
I'm still meh on CeCe, but the rest of the story was great. Nice, easy read with no thinking involved!
Anne
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading and blogging about Lucinda Riley's books ever since I started Random Things. I am a huge fan of her books and her Seven Sisters series absolutely wonderful. I am completely in awe of her, she has produced one book per year for the past four years and each one is detailed, so well researched and totally gripping. I've been looking forward to reading CeCe's story, and I wasn't disappointed. It's fabulous, it's a huge book, just like the others, but I tore through it and really co ...more
Kathleen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Terri
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review also found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.com...

I read this story when it was first released and I am only now sitting down write the review. The reason why? Is because this story is linked to my story and it is difficult to separate the two in order to do so. In order to give the credit that is due, I will just take a minute to share my story and how this book is linked.

I have been a fan of Lucinda Rileys for many years and I have read all of her published work that I am aware of.
Juliet Bookliterati
I have previously reviewed the first three books in this series, The Seven Sisters, The Storm Sister and The Shadow Sister, so I have been eagerly waiting for the release of this fourth book in the series.  In my opinion The Pearl Sister is the best so far, I was immersed in CeCe's story, I really couldn't put this book down.

CeCe's story takes the reader to the beautiful and exotic beaches of Thailand, and its antithesis the desolate outback of Australia.  As with the previous three books, Lucin
Marjolein
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I didn't dislike CeCe, even though I was kind of expecting to. Reading her story from her perspective helped, I suppose. There were, however, some things in this installment of the Seven Sisters series that bothered me. For example: the way Riley kept reminding us that CeCe is dyslectic (and even if reading is a challenge... how can you not know what 'genocide' means???). Plus, the lost love trope is getting a bit old, the stories (& all the pregnancies and babies) ar
Rachel
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tiggy’s chapter at the end was like 4 pages and so sad but man I can’t wait for her story next!!!!
Amy
Finishing the book this morning, tears streaming down my face in the last few pages. I adored this!

Someone asked me last week, if its a standalone, or does one have to read the first four. Yes you do. while I am sure that anything could be read as a standalone, this is meant to be part of a series, one that has completely and exquisitely wrapped me up. So I am writing my review pretty much exclusively for Jolene - who introduced me to Book One (The Seven Sisters), or anyone else who has begun or
Anna
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
CeCe D'Aliese is alone for the first time in her life. She and her sister Star have been inseparable since their adoptions as babies by Pa Salt, a reculsive billionaire. But Star decided to pursue her biological family roots, left for her inPa Salt's will. Now CeCe is ready for her journey of discovering her birth family. After a temporary stay in Thailand to gather her courage, she travels to Australia with only a picture and the name, Kitty McBride.
Kitty McBride, daughter of a minister, travel

• Greyfriars House
  • The Saffron Trail
  • The Silent Tide
  • After the Last Dance
  • Windflowers
  • The Silent Touch of Shadows
  • Song of the Skylark
  • The Swallow and the Hummingbird
  • Crucible of Secrets (Alexander Seaton, #3)
  • Ember Island
  • The Postcard
  • Christmas on Primrose Hill
  • Tapestry
AKA: Lucinda Edmonds
Lucinda Riley was born in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. Her books have been translated into over thirty five languages and sold twenty million copies worldwide. She is a Sunday Times and New York Times bestseller.

Lucinda is currently writing The Seven Sisters series, which tells the story

The Seven Sisters (6 books)
  • The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1)
  • The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters #2)
  • The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters #3)
  • The Moon Sister (The Seven Sisters, #5)
  • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)
“Negative thought brings negative action.” 2 likes