Start by marking “Unraveled (Guzzi Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Unraveled (Guzzi Duet #1)

Unraveled

(Guzzi Duet #1)

Cara Rossi’s life has been a mess ever since her identical twin was killed. She blames the mafia, its ways, and the people within the caustic culture for a painful reality that turned her world on its side. In an attempt to momentarily pause her misery, a night out puts her on a path with a man she shouldn’t get involved with simply because of his last name—Gian Guzzi.

He’
Published June 3rd 2017 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

Where the Sun Hides by Bethany-KrisUnruly by Bethany-KrisRevere by Bethany-KrisAlways by Bethany-KrisIn the Beginning by London Miller
Mafia/Mob
102 books — 13 voters
Ruthless People by J.J. McAvoyBound by Honor by Cora ReillyThe Untouchables by J.J. McAvoyAmerican Savages by J.J. McAvoyA Bloody Kingdom by J.J. McAvoy
Best Mafia Novels
216 books — 184 voters

More lists with this book...

Snow
4 "yet to be unraveled" stars

This one is going to be short but with a punch point! Considering the book ends, not exactly with a cliffy, BUT with a certain anticipating need for a closure, and honestly I am really eager to find out how Bethany-Kris will resolve the matter...

cause to be honest, Unraveled left me in a bit of a "pissed off" state cause of the way the main character handled things...hmmm

there's no really huge revelation regarding the plot - it's a well known mafia storyline with wel
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc, dual-pov, mafia
LIVE & on Blog Tour!

I'm crushed. Holy moly, am I ever just crushed. How could this happen? The author took my heart from my chest and squeezed it into dust. That's how I feel right now.

If I were to be completely honest, I didn't have much love for Cara. I liked her from the glances of her I got in previous books. The general idea of her. And I was curious as to what had become of her... but the way her brain worked in this story kinda drove me nuts. She left me quite confused. I'm always los
Elfina Renee
description
Explosive is what comes to mind every time I read one of Bethany-Kris novels. The way this story unfold is heartbreaking and the mind fuckery wasn't what I'd been expecting, then again nothing ever does when it come to this queen of romance.
description
I can't say much about Gian & Cara because I'm afraid opening my mouth I'll give to much of the story away and that's certainly not my intent. But like everyone else I'll be sitting on pins and needles waiting for the next installment.
 photo BampB 12.gif
Bethany-Kris
May 08, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Unraveled is Now Live!

Are you ready for this French-Italian bad boy? He's the kind of man who makes it hard to say no ...

Live on Amazon and Free in KindleUnlimited!

Pick up your copy today!

Selene
Genre: Romance
Setting: Toronto, Canada
POVs: Dual, 3rd person

I quite enjoyed this story, though it wasn't as exciting as prior books I've read by this author. The connection between the main characters didn't seem as deep-rooted and the pace of the story was more on the relaxed/ slow side. The upside? My favorite part was the ending! Gian's juicy not-so-secret secret was delicious and unleashed a treasure chest of potentially messy drama for the upcoming book! I look forward to seeing how all of
Ari Reavis
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, I blame the author for my puffy, red eyes this morning because I stayed up to finish this book. I couldn't go to sleep without finishing. I just couldn't.

Secondly, MY HEART. My freaking heart. The ending killed me. Even with signs of what was to come, I was not prepared for the pain. It's a Bethany-Kris book, so you know you're going to feel utterly hopeless before she pieces your heart back together.

Gian, I loved everything about him. How he always knew just what to say. How he alway
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
* 4 .7 Not Enough Nutella jars*

Power, Money and fear the mafia lifestyle was like living in a golden prison but a prison nonetheless, while the Cosa Nostra took something irreplaceable from Cara Rossi it also made Gian Guzzi in to a man that bled too much. These two were miles apart but something bought them to gather maybe it was Gian's charm or Cara's passion whatever the circumstances they were both each other's unraveling.

Cara Rossi used to be full of life and love but now at age 25 she wa
S.M. West
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting this book from the moment something very telling and tragic happened in the Chicago War series. While Bethany filled the time with many other amazing mafia romance stories and anti-heroes that I can't do without, this one was always in the back of my mind. Actually she has me waiting for another one too :) (Bethany, I'll give you a hint. One word, starts with L and ends with Y and has EGAC in the middle! Sorry, I digress. All this to say, it was worth the wait!

I don't know how
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4 "Hard to Say No" Stars
 photo IMG_3600_zpsuo0y4zpu.jpg
There is always a push and pull whenever reading a mafia story. The life and demands are set in stone. But respect, power and control are always in flux when there is unrest within a family.

The Guzzi Familia is a long standing family in Toronto. But when the unexpected happens, Gian Guzzi, the underboss and grandson of The Boss, has to step up, but not all are happy. Dealing with the familia is stressful enough but enter Cara Rossi and Gian's life will never be the same.
Paige
4 "The Boss" Stars

What an ending. Bethany-Kris writes some of the best mafia romances around. I never know what to expect or how it will play out. But I know that I will be hooked until they very end and this book is no different. I have no idea how she is going to make this okay. Yet I trust her to do right by her characters and I cannot wait to find out what happens with Cara and Gian.

ARC provided for honest review.
Fanny
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it

Unraveled es la primera de las dos novelas que forman la saga Guzzi Duet de Bethany - Kris y tiene como protagonistas a Gian y Cara.

Las historias de esta autora que he leido siempre me dejan con ganas de mas, por eso cuando termine de leer Scarless & Sacred decidi leer algo mas de la escritora y fue cuando empece esta lectura.

Durante los primeros capitulos me costo un poco tomarle ritmo a el libro, principalmente porque me tuve que ir familiarizando con los personajes y sus intenciones, pero
Bev
No-one writes mafia/mob romances quite like Bethany-Kris does, and this book (duet) is why. Loved it.

This ends on a cliffhanger, so I'm glad I waited till the conclusion was out.
Forever_meme
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

☆☆☆☆ 1/2

**ARC kindly provided by author Bethany-Kris in exchange for a honest review**

I have been waiting for this series and I was not disappointed.

This is the story of Gian Guzzi and Cara Rossi.

Cara has spent the past seven years away from her family in Chicago and all the dark baggage that comes with the mafia lifestyle. After recently losing her twin sister she lost a part of her self and her way in this world.

A night out in Toronto has her crossing paths with Gian Guzzi in his 3 p
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Unraveled (Guzzi Duet #1) by Bethany-Kris
4 stars!!!

“He touched. He demanded. Her body reacted.”

Bethany-Kris is one of my favourite Mafia authors and once again she has delivered with Unraveled. Unraveled is the first book of a duet and to say that I am itching for the next one would be a severe understatement. It seems Bethany-Kris certainly knows how to end a book and keep the reader well and truly on the hook. We should only have a couple of months to wait, but still, I desperately need th
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*

FOR MORE REVIEWS VISIT-- http://ammiesbookobsession.blogspot.in/

Cover Rating

Book Rating

OKAY!! so I am a bit confused. I loved this book and hated it too at the same time. I am not able to pinpoint what I actually feel and it's frustrating as hell.

Image result for ugh confused gif

This book was not what I expected it to be and I am really disappointed. I loved how the book started and hated how it ended. I mean I really hated that ending. It has left me all messy and moreover I hated that twist. That awful twist has left me b
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:

“The taste of you could kill me, Cara. I'd eat you, morning, noon, and night, and I wouldn't even think about anything else. It would kill me.”

Okay, confession time first. I was only reading this book because of Cara. And I may be the unpopular opinion in here, but I was never enamored in Gian. Cara has been through a lot. She escaped Chicago, together with her twin Lea, so that she'll be away from the Outfit. She never wanted anyone who're in the lifestyle because all it brought to
Julia
5 - one woman for one man - stars

You can change countries.
You can pretend that IT does not exist.
But you'll never escape IT.
IT is everywhere

Live on Amazon and Free in KindleUnlimited!

Pick up your copy today!

AMZ US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WH1JSC
AMZ UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071WH1JSC
AMZ CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071WH1JSC
AMZ AUS: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B071WH1JSC

Unraveled by Bethany-Kris is the first part of the Guzzi Duet . It's a two-part series and books are
Keya
RELEASE DATES:
June 1st on Kobo, ITunes, Nook.

June 5th on Amazon/Kindle Unlimited

Review

I don't know how Bethany-Kris does it but she does it all the damn time. And by it I mean leaving me with a racing heart. Throwing in unexpected events I often don't see coming. Making me fall head over heel in love with her characters. And leaving me wanting more.

And I WANT MORE!

Unraveled was packed with unexpected love, endless loyalty, unwarranted obligations and startling and painful betrayals.

The sto
Maria11
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
REALLY!!!!!

Dang I cannot believe it ended like that!!!!! I am dying here. I can't believe I am going to have to wait for the next one.

This was definitely a roller coaster of emotions. I have to take a breather. The only thing I will give away is that it doesn't end well.

I really liked Cara. At first I thought that she was just blinded by Gian, but low and behold she sure proved that theory wrong. I cannot believe what he did and there looks like there isn't a way to correct the situation in sigh
Rithy
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ahhhhhhh! did that really just happen???!! I NEED more pronto!

I literally marathoned through this book in literally 5 hours. Start, Stop, Done and I'm literally at a lost on what to do with myself. I went in like " Oh ok this is Cara's book who we initially met in the Chicago War series, the twin who lived" and now I'm like "OMFG Cara! I love Cara she definitely has backbone and doesn't settle for less than she deserves! She's my lady crush!"

And Gian Guzzi, our hot Italian Frenchmen. Yep you h
Julia ⏃  ✦ : The Romance Rebels ✦ :
"You're mine, Cara. I love you. Nothing else matters."

appp

I have read close to if not all of BK's books, and Unraveled is by far hands down the best novel she has written to date! I have never been so invested in a storyline quite like this one before.

You will be biting your nails, hands on the edge of your seat. Fearing what is next to come. So many unexpected twists, you wont see coming!

Lets get this out of the way, you will fall hard for GIAN! There is just something about him...Tall, da
Cheryl O'Harney (The Book Whisperer)
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: Unraveled (Guzzi Duet #1)
Author: Bethany-Kris
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 4/5

From what I've been led to believe Bethany-Kris is know as a Mafia Queen in the book writing world and after reading this I'd have to agree, she sure knows how to knock out an impressive and hard to forget mafia story.

This was filled with so much emotion it was a story of forbidden love with some heart wrenching moments, there was danger and suspense, it was
Isabelle k  ✖️BOOKLOVER
5 ++ Duty Legacy love stars

The mafia lifestyle has never been an easy one, it is where games and manipulation reigns over everything else,It is where the greediness of some men may result in the death of others. Cara Rossi has sadly learned this lesson the hard way when her twin sister was murdered some months ago. As a result of this she only became a shadow of her former self until one man brought her back to life. Gian Guzzi always knew the mafia to be a snake Den and didn't think he could f
Randy
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cheater
Suzanne (Lily)
Fantastic!
All I expected and more. I can't wait for Entangled!

Unraveled by Bethany-Kris is the story of how Gian Guzzi, the smooth talking and well attired mobster meets Cara Rossi, the strong-willed redhead who wants nothing to do with ‘this life of theirs’!

They share one night, too many connections and unforgettable passion. Cara is on to Gian’s charming ways and does her best to maintain a healthy distance. He’s a patient man and sees her barriers as the building blocks for a lot more than o
Tracy- OMGReads
Unraveled is book 1 of the Guzzi Duet. It's the story of Gian and Cara.

This book is hard to review without revealing spoilers, but it's one heck of a twisty ride. The characters are complex and hard to forget. They change a lot throughout the book, and we are left just aching to know what is going to happen next with this duo.

Unraveled is quickly paced, well written, and leaves you just desperate to know what the conclusion is for the couple.

*Review copy requested and reviewed on behalf of OM
Kira
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia, romance
I would have given this 4 stars, but the end really pissed me off. It's not so much the secret itself although I'm not happy about it. Gian was such a douche about it. He didn't seem to have any plans to rectify things. Honestly if duty matters more to him than anything else then fuck him. Cara deserves better.
Claudia Elizabeth
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars !!

I urgently need to read the next book, I want to know if at some point I will stop hating Gian as much as I hate him right now.
Elizarey
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cara and Gian's story is up there for me as one of the best books Bethany Kris has written. I have fallen in love with this story and I loved every page. Every word grabbed my attention, every scene killes me just a little more than the last. Gian is such an affectionate and protective hero. He was sexy and hot and he got what he wanted every time. Cara was so awesome I loved her character a lot but this was just all about Gian for me. The ending deystoryed me and I am dying for book two in the ...more
Bargain Basement: (2) Signed Paperbacks of Unraveled 1 5 Jun 08, 2017 01:17PM
  • Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Clean Slate (The New Mafia Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Boss' Daughter
  • Rhapsody (Bellator Saga, #5)
  • Fighting Fate (Harrow #1)
  • Cash Remington and the Missing Heiress (Sexy Dreadfuls, #1)
  • The Waltz (Sexual Awakenings, #1)
  • The Highest Bid (Naughty Bits, #4)
  • Unblocked - Episode Four (Timber Towers, #4)
  • The Wedding of Molly O'Flaherty (The London Lovers, #2)
  • Sweeping the Series (Balls in Play, #3)
  • See Jayne Play  (The Jayne Series, #1)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

Guzzi Duet (2 books)
  • Entangled (Guzzi Duet #2)