Start by marking “Knights of Stone: Calum (Highland Gargoyles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Knights of Stone: Calum (Highland Gargoyles, #5)

Knights of Stone: Calum

(Highland Gargoyles #5)

When a short-term mission turns into a battle between love and duty...
Calum lives for thrills both on and off stage as lead singer of the Knights of Stone. During a night flight, he witnesses a dragon chasing a pegasus and his gargoyle instincts kick in. When the rescued pegasus turns out to be a beautiful shifter named Arielle, he sets off on a dangerous mission to h
Published June 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Knights of Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knights of Stone

Start your review of Knights of Stone: Calum (Highland Gargoyles, #5)
Sheryl
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another exciting story in this series and what fantastic characters, a gargoyle and a pegasus.

I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book. This is book 5 of the Highland Gargoyles by the author.
Ana
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story in the Knights of Stone Series, I just wish it had been a bit longer cause I love to read about these hot gargoyle rock stars, I absolutely love when they get on stage and rock the world!

Calum who always swore he would never fall for a female like his brothers did, is a bit saddened when the portal is finally found and opened for Arielle and she stepped through to go back home, well not a little, but a lot saddened actually. Calum realized that the gorgeous Pegasus shift
Linda
She’s fighting for her life; He’s fighting to protect her.

“Do – do you – ah – think we should be doing this?”
Her mouth drew his attention. He moved one hand up to cup her cheek and then tipped her head back. She stared back at him, eyes half-closed and darkened with need. Placing his hand behind her neck, he whispered, “Aye.”

Knights of Stone: Calum by Lisa Carlisle is the fifth enthralling, action-packed installment in the author's imaginative Highland Gargoyles series in which each book has s
Deb
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Fiction Adults 18+
Holy hot rocker gargoyles! I just loved reading my first Pegasus shifter book & this fast-paced must read quickly became a favorite in 2017 :D It is full of surprise twists & turns, with a fresh new storyline! Add in great descriptions, witty dialogue and awesome characters, that are relatable despite being supernatural, and you've got a page-turning PNR must-read with a bit of suspense that will engage readers! Even tho I volunteered to beta read this in advance, I am expressing my honest feeli ...more
iliana G
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-read
I recieved a complimentary copy of this book to read and and this is my honest opinion.

Almost all of the brothers are now mated except Callum and Gavin.
And though both of them have sworn to not be mated Callum feels restless and in need to roam.

Arelle was never content with just being with her pegasi herd and always craved for adventure. Now adventure has found her and its more than she can handle.

Finding herself in another realm being chased she feels all hope is lost when a Gargoyle saves her.
Barbara
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book five in the Knights of Stone series these are books that once you start you can not put down until you are finished. This is Calum a gargoyle and pegasus Arielle's story. I can not wait for the next book this series is just getting better.
Myst
Pretty good, though the long sex scenes I tuned out.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance, trr
Calum is the youngest of the Gargoyle brothers, and along with Gavin, has vowed never to be tied down like his brothers. However, he has been restless of late, and feels the need to fly more often. It is on one of these flights that he encounters a Pegasus and Dragon - neither of which he thought were real. His protective instincts kick in, and he fights the dragon, helping the Pegasus to escape. Once they are both on land, they speak, and Calum finds out that this Pegasus is called Arielle, and ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
I’ve read a few of Carlisle’s books, and none have disappointed. I appreciate her writing style and talent for bringing a story to life. I love the characters and how they are developed throughout the series; each book expresses the uniqueness of the main characters.

This book takes readers through the romance of Calum & Arielle while sharing the adventurous personalities of both. Together they discover true love; each making the other laugh and enjoy life, which is an excellent start to a lastin
Donna Hokanson
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All myths come from some truth
Each book is so different and yet has some similarities. They are all part of a series and yet each one is self-contained.
This is Calumn’s story. The youngest brother who just isn’t into the after-party scene with the girls like he used to be. So after a show, he goes out flying. One night he ends up helping a Pegasus who’s being chased by a Dragon. Funny how this Gargoyle shifter never thought that Pegasus or dragons were real until seeing them for himself.
This s
Keoki Ki`Ili
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soar above it all

Two kindred spirits find each other one night, one fighting for her life, the other fighting to protect her. Each from different worlds but attracted to one another like magnets. These characters, like the rest in this series grow on you until you feel apart of them. They both are the youngest of their families and we see them grow and mature right through the pages.
Caryn
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
GREAT CHARACTERS!

Sweet love story with evil sidekicks! When a Pegasus shifter accidentally arrives in his realm, Calum comes to her aid in fighting a dragon who is chasing her. Arielle has no idea how she was flung into a different realm but is grateful when he rescues her. Now they just have to find her a way home! In the interim, a strong attraction between Calum and Arielle develops into much more.
LuDena
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Calum before Gavin and with a Pegasus . I guess for once baby brother isn't last and his mate comes to him trying to escape a fire breathing dragon. Will the baby of the family step up or will be let someone else take charge. Read it and find out ,I wasn't disappointed . Definitely 5 stars.
Christine
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***THIS BOOK WAS PROVIDED TO NERD GIRL IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Knights of Stone: Calum by Lisa Carlisle is a Gargoyle and Pegasus shifter paranormal romance (Highland Gargoyles Book 5).

Calum is a gargoyle, and the lead singer in his families band. He lives for thrills, but things have gotten quiet of late. Until he runs into--is that a horse with wings?

Arielle is a pegasus shifter from another realm, chased into ours by a dragon. Then she encounters a gargoyle, who saves her from the
Joetta Spurling
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: 2017
I'm an independent reviewer for Romance Authors That Rock.
Calum and Arielle make a cute couple... She is a free spirit and that leads her in to trouble... Running for her life.. Calum comes to her rescue... As any good gargoyle would..
This is book 5 in the Knights of Stone series... I have not had the privilege of reading the other books... Even so.. I did not seam lost as I read this... Some of the history of the series was explained.. this is a sweet bok.. with love and respect.. we readers n
Linda Levine
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed the series about gargoyles who find love under interesting circumstances. As a younger brother and a member of their musical group, he has really enjoyed the attention from women. When he meets Arielle, he starts to realize that one woman may be just what he needs.

You can read each book as a standalone but I recommend you check them all out. It is nice to revisit the characters in each book.

Calum really changes after meeting Arielle. He saves her from danger and becomes qu
Spunky N Sassy
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Calum is bored with his life. When he sees a dragon chasing a Pegasus, he knows he has to help aa his gargoyle will except no less. When Arielle is finally safe, she sees the man before her and cannot believe her eyes. She goes back to his homeland and realizes she is tuck there until they can figure out how to reopen the portal. When it is time for to leave, her heart breaks because she knows she doesn’t want to leave him. Can th
Julie Jackson
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Calum is bored with his life. When he sees a dragon chasing a Pegasus, he knows he has to help aa his gargoyle will except no less. When Arielle is finally safe, she sees the man before her and cannot beive her eyes. She goes back to his homeland and realizes she is tuck there until they can figure out how to reopen the portal. When it is time for to leave, her heart breaks because she knows she doesn’t want to leave him. Can they ever be together? This book will not disappoint.
Raina Collins
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal romance like no other. Only two bothers have not found their mate and it looks like Calum is the next to feel loves sting. I love that this series keeps bringing in new species. Can't wait to see what happens to the last brother and how hard love will hit him. Has a little action and one hot scene.

Who doesn't love gargoyles that are also rockers.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of the book.
T.M. Payne
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed: Knights of Stone: Calum: A gargoyle and pegasus shifter paranormal romance (Highland Gargoyles Book 5)
Author: Lisa Carlisle
Publication Date: 6/20/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
We get the youngest brother Callum' story here and wow what a great sexy story it is.

He is out after a night flying when something goes wrong, and he spots a Dragon? Of all things chasing after what?

Well, enter a woman umm no strike that she was so much more than tha
Deborah
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Will Follow Each Other Anywhere

These are two different species who have similar traits. Even though they are attracted to each other immediately, they know that nothing can come of it. Calum and Arielle will have to fight for their lives to have any kind of life together. Enjoy I did.
Rosa Maria Garcia
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Book

This book is just as great as the previous ones and they just keep getting better? The storyline is exciting, has action, and steamy love scenes with awesome characters. Loved how the brothers have found love and so ready for, Gavin, to find his.
Heidi
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow a good love Calum

I love these brothers. Books are so well written. They keep you turning pages just to c what happens. All the challenges they go thru and close to the end yet another 1 I wanted to scream but thankfully Arielle got to save him for once.
Stacy
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting

The knights of stone are one of my favorite series. This one may have not been one of my favorites but was still good. It is an easy going read, leaves you with a good feeling when your done reading it. I can't wait to read the final brother's adventure.
Sandra McCollum
Feb 06, 2020
Chiya
Apr 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pledged to a Highlander (Highland Promise Trilogy, #1)
  • A Fashionably Dead Diary (Hot Damned #9.5)
  • The Dragon of New Orleans (The Treasure of Paragon, #1)
  • You're So Vein (The Others, #14)
  • The Demon You Know (The Others, #11)
  • On the Prowl (The Others, #6)
  • Not Your Ordinary Faerie Tale (The Others, #5)
  • A Creed Country Christmas (Montana Creeds, #4)
  • Hungry Like a Wolf (The Others, #8)
  • Windy City Dragon (The Treasure of Paragon, #2)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Big Boned (Heather Wells, #3)
  • Certain Girls (Cannie Shapiro #2)
  • Bookends
  • Little Earthquakes
  • Nauti Intentions (Nauti #4)
  • Nauti Dreams (Nauti, #3)
  • Nauti Boy (Nauti, #1)
USA Today bestselling author Lisa Carlisle loves stories with dark, brooding heroes and independent heroines. She’s honored to be a multi-published author writing in different genres since she’s wanted to be a writer since the sixth grade. For much of her professional career, she’s written non-fiction — but she’s discovered writing romance is the most fun. Her romances have been named Top Picks at ...more

Highland Gargoyles (7 books)
  • Knights of Stone: Mason (Highland Gargoyles, #1)
  • Knights of Stone: Lachlan (Highland Gargoyles, #2)
  • Knights of Stone: Bryce (Highland Gargoyles, #3)
  • Knights of Stone: Seth (Highland Gargoyles, #4)
  • Stone Cursed: Zodiac Shifters: Taurus (Highland Gargoyles, #6)
  • Knights of Stone: Gavin (Highland Gargoyles, #7)

News & Interviews

“You’re a Pegasus shifter?”
“Indeed.”
“I didn’t know they existed.” He shook his head. “Thought they were a myth.”
“Funny how a shifter believes another supernatural creature is a mere myth.”
0 likes
“We know the way of the gargoyle. You’re protectors. Even of humans – who might try to destroy you, should your secret be discovered.” 0 likes