Start by marking “A Marshall's Courage (A Rescue Series Novella)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Marshall's Courage

Barb Shuler

A Marshall's Courage (A Rescue Series Novella)

Daniel

Danger is a part of life, at least in my line of work. I serve. I protect. I take down the men and women that would cause danger to the innocent. My former Marine training led me to believe this would be an easy job. It was until Elayna Hart was dropped in my lap. After that it was all up in the air.

Danger struck, and I had no choice but to do whatever I could to kee
Kindle Edition
Published 2017 by Barb Shuler

To ask other readers questions about A Marshall's Courage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Marshall's Courage

Coco.V
Feb 19, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/19/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Daniel

Danger is a part of life, at least in my line of work. I serve. I protect. I take down the men and women that would endanger the innocent. My Marine training led me to believe this would be an easy job. It was until Elayna Hart was dropped in my lap. After that, it was all up in the air.

Danger struck, and I had no choice but to do whatever I could to keep her safe. The attraction between us made it harder to focus, until I did the only thing I c
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
I really enjoyed this book and couldn’t put it down. I adore the characters and found them believable and very likable. There’s something for everyone in this book. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Lynn Reynolds
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Elayna “Layna” Hart shows how life as you know it can change on a dime. She seems so fragile and strong at the same time. But her problem seems to be that something is always happening to her. I don’t know if it’s wrong place at the wrong time or just bad luck. One thing’s for sure that you may cringe every time something happens. If she cares about someone you’d better watch out. Daniel Wallace’s life is about protecting those that need his expertise. But watch out if he cares about you.

This wa
Sheila Kell
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful. Sexy. Captivating. Those are some of the best words to describe this short but engaging novella. The characters—Layna and Daniel—bring a perfect mix of personalities that engage the reader's attention and want them to know more about the characters and the danger that lurks.I'm excited about this series and can't wait to see where Ms. Shuler takes it.

Ms. Shuler is a new author to my ereader and if her other book follow her intriguing story writing, I believe more of her books will j
Megan
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, sexy, romantic, tumultuous
On the run, constantly looking over her shoulder, Elayna is in the care of a sexy Marshal who's committed to keeping her safe and making her his. But danger is nipping at their heels and they've got a lot to overcome if they mean to survive to make their ending a happy one.

Elayna is a fighter. She's a fierce thing with a heart so full of love to give but no assurance that the man she wants to give it to sees her as more. She loves his protection as much as she's growing to love the man himself a
Cynthia
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is no way you can pick this book up and put it down, it is one of those exciting suspenseful reads that holds you on the edge leaving you begging for more. All our lives change usually over a period of time. It happen so slow we wonder when the changed happened. This is not the case for Layna her life changed in a blink of an eye leaving her running for her life with 3 people who will die to protect her. It is fast pace, exciting, heart stopping along with a very moving story that holds yo ...more
K.A. Graham
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Marshall's Courage by Barb Shuler

☆☆☆4.5 stars☆☆☆

This is one of those stories that captures your heart and soul. It gave me all the feels and then some. There's love, loss and even some comedic relief in the mix.

Layna has found herself in a heap of trouble, which leads to her needing the protection of some oh so yummy under cover agents. These three boys bring the heat, and the way they stand by Layna, had me swooning. They become a family, one that has your back and will protect you with thei
My2CentsBookReviews
A good view of reality with some fairytale

Fate put a wrinkle in Layne life doing the right thing a witness and testifying has turned her life out of control. Lives lost protecting her and nightmares panic attacks, why doing the right thing is so devastating? Daniel a US Marshall protecting a witness moves to protect even from witsec. Twist n turns, action and something special. A great book for doing the right thing. This is great for building families with bonds vs.blood is just as strong if no
Vickie Chaisson
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Marshall's Courage is a guick, seductive read. The story will entice the reader from page one. You'll read this in one sitting and because the author Barb Skyler has well developed characters and storyline you will not want it to end. Daniel is the ultimate alpha hero and Layla is the witness he is protecting from her murdering ex-boyfriend. This book is full of suspense, panic attacks and attempted kidnappings. As her "boys" as she calls they try to keep her safe Daniel and Lanya find themsel ...more
Kaye
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ONE READ TO HOT TO HANDLE!!!
A riveting, fast paced, easy to follow, action packed read with surprises that keep your heart racing and your adrenaline pumping. With a rollercoaster of emotions, this is one read that will bring you to your knees. With a combustible chemistry between two of the main characters you'll fall in love with them. One team, one family, one hell of a ride. Barb has surpassed even my imagination in her talents to bring this read to such realistic proprosion that leaves you
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This book was so good. I was completely enthralled within the first few pages.

Some scenes had me on the edge of my seat. The scenes were perfectly written. I loved Daniel. Poor Layna this girl couldn't catch a break if her life depended on it.

There is so much to this story. I loved every bit of it. I won't go into detail, only because I refuse to ruin a good book for anyone!!

This was a fresh new read for me. A definite must read.
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
I thoroughly enjoyed getting the chance to read this short, fun, and sexy novella.
Okay, I will admit, the heroine fainting constantly either from being hurt or from nervousness/being scared started to grated on my nerves, as well as her constantly crying I let it go without too much fuss because HELLO! If I was in that situation I would probably curl in a ball and cry myself.

Now if only we could talk the author into doing Franklin or Thomas' book...
Patti
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating: 4.3

The characters spring to life quickly and the suspense builds and builds. This author did a great job with making a reader feel the characters panic attacks and stress. It was as tho Layna was struggling with PTSD, but everything took form once all the hidden truths were revealed. Just the right amount of heat was added to this tale without going into overkill. I enjoyed this tale greatly.
Traci Wooden
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable book. Barb Shuler has a way of bringing you into a story that keeps you wanting more. The characters were real in their strength and fragility. The suspense was raw and the romance developing between Daniel and Layna was refreshing. There was no back and forth games, just honest emotion in a not so convenient situation. The title was perfect because Daniel's courage as a Marshall was unwavering in the midst of all of the challenges he and his team faced.
Mindy
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Love this book. Barbara Shuler has once again written a story that captured my attention from start to finish. I love the characters of this story so much. Daniel, Thomas and Franklin are the perfect trio to look after our heroine, Layna. There are some amazingly funny scenes, some heartbreaking scenes and some gut-wrenching scenes as well. This book has it all, from loving and passionate to suspenseful and scary. I can't wait to read more of this series. 5* to A Marshall's Courage!
Jill
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Layna and Daniel. It was so sweet how the boys and Layna become one big family even though it started out as a job.

Layna gets herself into some trouble and needs protection from some very swoon worthy men, instead of it being just a job, they end up acting like a family who has each others back.

Such a sweet story, I laughed and cried and loved all of it.
Bella
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an exquisite book! Took my through a full range of emotions in such a short space. I was captivated from the first page and didn't stop reading til I was done. A fantastic, suspenseful romance that you will love.
Mona williams
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book had danger and sexy all rolled into one. it made you laugh and cry too. he will protect her with his life. she is just a normal person who keeps causing herself accidents. she is hiding out from her past.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A Marshall’s Courage

A sweet romance full of danger and suspense. The story was paced well and moved fast. I enjoyed the characters but would’ve loved something different from what I predicted from them.
Ruth Bishop
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Layna and Daniels story was epic. From beginning to end kept me on the edge of my seat.being in witness protection program wasn't supposed to mean falling for her handler. Boy is she in trouble. Will definitely be looking for more from the author.
Staci
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes it's alot more than a job.

This made me laugh alot despite the scary moments. The woman in this book reminded me alot of myself. Just stubborn enough to keep putting herself in sticky situations.
Helen Simpson
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AN ACTION PACKED SHORT READ FROM THIS AUTHOR HAS YOU GRIPPED TO THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT QUICKLY TURNING THE PAGES. AN ALL ROUND GOOD READ.
AnnaMarie Gardner
Wow

This is a fast, fun read. You can't help but grow attached to "the boys!" The relationships in this novella become very well defined and makes you want more of their story.
Mindy
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love this book. Barbara Shuler has once again written a story that captured my attention from start to finish. I love the characters of this story so much. Daniel, Thomas and Franklin are the perfect trio to look after our heroine, Layna. There are some amazingly funny scenes, some heartbreaking scenes and some gut-wrenching scenes as well. This book has it all, from loving and passionate to suspenseful and scary. I can't wait to read more of this series. 5* to A Marshal's Courage!
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok this is a short but very good story,

Elayna is needing some major protection and she finds it in the form of 3 undercover agents who treat her like family.

The bad thing is she does not want to be family to

Daniel, but being a stubborn typical man Daniel won't cross that line since she is a client but we all know that love doesn't follow rules most of the time and that these two will get their happy ever after.
Cait
Apr 16, 2018
Virginia
Feb 19, 2018
Amanda Campbell
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Daniel is my kind of man. He's a protecter. Elayna is a witness to a crime and has to go on the run. The chemistry and attraction between Elayna and Daniel is off the charts. For a novella, alot is packed into this story in a great way. Barb Shuler is a fantastic writer, She managed to write a few twists into a great plotline that was already intense to start. Fantastic start to a series!
Lamar
Feb 22, 2018
Dawn Dean
Mar 08, 2018
Barb is a Carolina Girl by right and a Texan by birth. By day she’s a desk jockey for a rural transportation company and a book lover - reading through as many books as she can. At night, though, she turns into alter ego, a writer. Cape, optional, depending on her mood.

Her stories are a mix of real life events, personal experiences and the craziness of her own imagination, and the imaginations of