Start by marking “Primal Darkness (A Paranormal Romantic Thriller)” as Want to Read:
Primal Darkness (A Paranormal Romantic Thriller)

Primal Darkness (A Paranormal Romantic Thriller)

Darkness knows no bounds, nothing tethers it to reality. Darkness is in the eye of the beholder. Primal instincts run through us all, a call to the wilder side of life, a call to arms for those of us that shift within the shadows. When the darkness and the primal instincts merge, no one is safe.

Faith and fate are pulled to the forefront and all that is left is a choice. D
Kindle Edition
Published September 2017 by Barb Shuler

To ask other readers questions about Primal Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Darkness

Coco.V
Feb 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/25/2018)! 💝
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Usually we start our reviews out with "I'm not cranky but that's not the case after read this book. Why am I cranky, you ask???
THE BOOK ENDED

I was not ready to let go of these unbelievably incredible characters. I felt a sort of kinship with them from the first chapter. I'll definitely be reading this again.

All is not what it seems. Clumsy Emmerson has been through hell and back yet she is still moving forward. She wakes and smiles at the sun and always stands up for what she belie
Linda Dossett
Pushed for the second star

Cynthia
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of so many surprises, twists and turns it will keep you on the edge throughout the read. What a well blended paranormal with just the right amount of romance to hold your attention as she brings the dark side closer than you ever had it before. From the first meeting Dylan is hooked so turned on he has trouble controlling the enter beast and almost shifts. He thinks with time and distance everything will be ok and life will go back to normal. He couldn’t be more wrong…..

The aut
Lynn Reynolds
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Emerson “Em” Davenport is thinking of the future. Dylan is a very special young man. Ashton is a good friend of his. He’s a game-changer as we first listen to his thoughts. It certainly grabbed my attention. It’s one of those books that is hard to put down – you don’t want to miss anything.

What I loved about this book was that the author kept coming up with surprises. These surprises have you turning the page because you wonder what else this author has up her sleeve. We see the
Ashley Carr, LSoR
This is the best paranormal book I have read in a long time. Ms. Shuler combines just the right amount of shifters and romance, it's a winning combination. This is the first book I've read by this author and it won't be the last.

I was fascinated by how primal Dylan became when he just bumped into Emerson on her first day of school. If not for his brother he would have shifted right there in the parking lot. He then studiously avoids her until they graduate, but he always keeps an eye on her. H
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
When Emerson moved to Colorado Springs with her father she did so for self-preservation. However, she never believed that her world would get turned upside down and the monsters she believed were only stories told in the dark would be real.

While off at college, she's been attacked, her high school crush becomes her boyfriend, oh and let's not forget said boyfriend can shift into an animal! Dylan must protect her from what's coming for her. Preacher has hurt her before and he's not finished with
Mindy
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What an incredible story. The author put so many surprises, twists and turns in here that I was sure she was trying to kill the reader with a severe case of shock. The characters are well developed, captivating and intriguing. The story is well paced and well written. I love all of the main characters and a few of the side ones. There were some I wasn't too sure about at first but, by then end I knew exactly which ones to love and which to despise. Which is an earmark of a phenomenal read. When ...more
Samaria LeBlanc
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a first for me with Ms. Shuler, I went into it with an open mind and wasn't disappointed. I am very picky about the books that I read and even picker with my paranormal, but this book in the end was a delight and I look forward to reading more of her work. I felt like the beginning was a bit rushed and skimmed over, in addition to a few other parts later in the book, so it took me a minute to get into the flow but the end result was that I totally loved the story. I love when an au ...more
Mindy
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Sheila Kell
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal is not my usual read, but I love this author is another genre, so I had to try it out. Wow! I was pleasantly surprised. I was drawn into all the characters even some took a bit for me to understand. There wasn't a thing to love about this book. It was choked full of suspense, tragedy, love and more. I can't compare this to other paranormal books or authors, but if this is even close to the standard, I may need to change the genre I read. Bravo, Ms. Shuler. Incredible job in making thi ...more
Melody
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A amazing book with just the right amount of romance and thrilling moments that will keep you riveted and wanting to read it to the end.

Emerson is a normal woman just trying to get thru college.
One day she finds out her best friend has been turned into a vampire and Dylan is a shapeshifter.
I highly recommend this book to read i couldnt put it down.

"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
BJ
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, disliked
College setting with old H shifter, his brother and friend going through college again? Not sure why, they are old, any way he sees the human h, very drawn to her, thinks she is his mate. Loads of internal dialogue, they are madly attracted to each other but he denies it. His twin brother and his friend keep telling him to keep away from her, even as they mate and bond. Felt very much like a high high school drama, struggled to even find the story. Gave up at 32%.
Ashley
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars

It started off great, however got a little far fetched in the end for me. Strong likeable characters, lots of angst, sexy alpha male... what’s not to like? However it was slow paced, multi shifter pack dynamic and that didn’t work for me.

But I would recommend for paranormal lovers and was a fun read.
Kathryn
Im using another reviewer's review because it's exactly how I felt about this book. Also the "h" pukes a lot. I really tried to like this book. It was juvenile and the drama was over the top. I lost the story in the drama. The second star is here because there could be a real story here, the potential is here, but is lost.
Jill
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emerson and Dylan are swoon worthy. Dylan almost shifts right there on the spot when they first meet. That's how intense the connection is. After that he keeps his distance, but then she goes and ruins it by going to the same college as him.
Another group starts harassing her and he has to protect her. Lots of suspense, action, drama, and even some laugh out loud moments. Loved it.
Mona williams
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book was just amazing! talk about many shifters in this book. she moves to be with her father in a new town. she meets him and she cant stay away. he takes one sniff of her scent and he has to make her his. there in danger lurking.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A sexy paranormal thriller. I enjoyed the story it was full of action and undeniable chemistry between the characters.
Melenia
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me a little while to get into it, but I enjoyed it.
Willow
Mar 12, 2018
K.A. Graham
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Primal Darkness by Barb Shuler

☆☆☆5 stars☆☆☆

This story and all the characters, even the douchebags, won me over in every way! I loved everything about it! It's filled with love, suspense, tragedy and even some comedic relief, from a certain lusty vampire who captured by heart.

Emerson was just an ordinary girl, trying to make her way through college, while crushing on the hot yet arrogant "jock". That's when her world falls beneath her, and she's thrust head first into darkness she never knew exis
Cat
Hailey Goldsmith
Mar 18, 2018
Katharine
May 16, 2018
Barb is a Carolina Girl by right and a Texan by birth. By day she’s a desk jockey for a rural transportation company and a book lover - reading through as many books as she can. At night though, she turns into alter ego, a writer. Cape, optional, depending on her mood.

Her stories are a mix of real life events, personal experiences and the craziness of her own imagination, and the imaginations of