Start by marking “If You Could See Me Now” as Want to Read:
If You Could See Me Now

If You Could See Me Now

Izzy Harris should have it all – but her boyfriend has been ignoring her for months, she’s been overlooked for a promotion, and the owner of her local coffee shop pervs on her every time she has a craving for a salted caramel muffin.

Then her life is unexpectedly turned upside down.

Izzy dumps her oblivious boyfriend, and leaps on the chance to win a big pitch at work. Needi
Published August 4th 2017 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about If You Could See Me Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Could See Me Now

Sara
Jul 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
A perfect example of a book that should be great on paper (cover+blurb+reviews) and then turns out so B.O.R.I.N.G.

Fist of all the plot is about Iz becoming invisible (I swear, I kid you not), and I don't mind a bit of magic in my romcoms but the reader should be warned somewhere it's that kind of book. The blurb says "Then her life is unexpectedly turned upside down." which is nowhere near "be ready to have an invisible main character." Also we have no explanation of where this magic comes from.
Amy
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

What an absolutely fun read this turned out to be! It was different than what I was expecting, but I mean that in a good way. Without spoiling it, it gave me a Kitty French/Chapelwick series vibe and had a touch of magical realism that worked really well for me. It was highly original in both the concept and the characterization, I cannot wait to read more from Keris Stainton.

Izzy was such a fabulous character, she went through quite the tran
Shalini
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up for a lark, just by its cover. I needed something to perk me up and this book fit the bill perfectly.
Keris Stainton has done a fabulous job to write the book with over-the-top overtones.
Izzy after a night of drinks becomes invisible the next day and that starts the ball rolling...
I loved the way the author has developed Izzy from a quiet yes-girl to a confident young woman. It was just so uplifting.
Izzy and Tash's friendship was another sight to behold and their quirky b
Mary Thomas
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

3.5 stars really.

Izzy is in a crappy relationship and is treading water in her career. Her best friend Tash is in an open relationship and is frustrated with Izzy settling for the life she has.

Izzy wakes up hungover and has miraculously become invisible. I know right, it is a ridiculous over the top unbelievable scenario. But the ensuing chaos is very entertaining and delightful. Izzy and Tash are a wonderful pairing as best friends and some of their conversations
Sophie
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, e-book, uk-author
Funny, sexy and feminist - Keris Stainton and adult fiction are totally a match made in heaven.
Charlotte Burns
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review also posted on my blog.

If You Could See Me Now is Keris Stainton's first adult novel, but it reads like she's an expert in the genre. I deliberately didn't read too much about this one before picking it up, because I wanted to be surprised. From the line "Apparently, I'm fucking invisible", I was hooked. What's not to love about a story of an invisible woman?

I loved that the story was about Izzy being physically invisible whilst dealing with being metaphorically invisible to those around
Lauren James
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story about a woman who wakes up one day to find herself invisible - and realises she has to use her words and actions to be seen, for the first time in her life.
Feminist, empowering, buttery and it's made me wish I was invisible too.
Meggy
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it

Sometimes, timing is everything. If You Could See Me Now was the perfect read I needed after a difficult story. I'm sure it would also work for you after a long day at work, for an Saturday evening instead of going clubbing, or during your baby's nap in the afternoon. In fact, this book is a remedy to life's pressure, especially with a cuppa! (Tea, no alcohol!)

Have you ever felt invisible? Like no one really saw you. I remember feeling like this last Christmas when dishes were handed out in fron

Agi
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases, 2017

"If You Could See Me Now" was my first book by Keris Stainton, but also the author's first try at writing an adult novel, and heck, Ms Stainton, if they're going to be as brilliant as this book then pretty please, keep them coming! This book, guys, has totally taken me by surprise.

So, writing about such things as invisibility in woman's literature may be a very tricky thing - sometimes it works, more often it doesn't - but this time Keris Stainton has managed to really pull it off. It completely
Kirsty
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: uk-author, feminist
I thoroughly enjoyed Keris's latest novel. It was funny and thoughtful and had real heart.

If you could see me now is the story of Izzy. We've all been a bit like Izzy at some point. She puts up with a less than perfect relationship because it's easy. She puts up with a less than perfect job because it's easy. She never quite puts herself first or thinks about striving for more because what she has is fine. However this is about to change for Izzy.

Izzy wakes up one morning and finds that she is i
Megan
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book was advertised as a laugh-out-loud comedy but I didn't really find it very funny at all. What I found instead was a brilliant story about overcoming insecurities and finding your path in life. This was a beautiful journey of self-discovery for Izzy, that had so many poignant messages about society as a whole that I found it absolutely inspiring. It was sweet, sexy, romantic and totally addictive. I quickly devoured this book and now I'm sad it's over. I want to say so much more but I f ...more
Gem ~ Bee
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a delightfully funny feelgood book that is guaranteed to lift your spirits and provide all the feels!
It has a supernatural element similar to that of Kitty French's Chapelwick mystery books and, like those, it completely works and provides such an original, captivating plot you are just hooked from the start. It is full of actual laugh out loud moments, so funny and so hilarious you can't even explain them if someone asks. Great characters, great writing and great plot. Definitely o
Fiona M
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a brilliant, fast paced sexy book. I loved all of it. Izzy is such a relatable character and it was brilliant to see her blossom, find courage to stand out and not care what others think anymore. I greatly enjoyed this book.
(I had to stop reading it on the plane because it was getting a bit steamy otherwise I would have read it in 1 sitting)
Nina Rossing
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, feel-good
Funny, light, perfect for summer relaxation.
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
Soooo much fun. And it's funny and sexy and empowering. I loved it.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh this was such a fun read and just the kind of thing I was looking for. This is a classic romantic comedy with a healthy dose of decent sex and just a little twist in the tale. This book made me laugh out loud but also made me think. It;s a book about relationships but also about friendship and female empowerment.

This was an incredibly quick read because of all those reasons above. It has short chapters, which I love and sped up the pace a bit too. This book surround Izzy and her quest to get
Claire Allan
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keris Stainton is one of the funniest women on Twitter - and indeed online. Especially if you have a *thing* for Harry Styles. I've known of Keris for a long time - probably about 11 years since we were in the same online writing group - all of us working on what we would hoped would be our first books. Keris indeed went on to write many books - but aimed them at the YA market. If You Could See Me Now is her first foray into a "grown up" book and all I can say is.... ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!

Okay, so
Desiree
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is totally unexpected. I was caught off-guard by the strange twist that turned Izzy’s life upside down. I didn’t see that invisibility thing coming. But it’s a welcome surprise and actually made things funnier. It made the story more appealing, too. I considered it as a solid read, what with its uplifting message. I’m sure all of us, at one point, feels invisible. And with that, the desperation to be seen. To be recognized. To be appreciated. And sometimes, be okay with being ignored. ...more
Belinda Munro
Jul 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, netgalley
3 stars. I was looking forward to this book so much and was so happy to receive an ARC on Netgalley . It was an ok read that I finished in a weekend but it wasn't really what I had hoped for. There were no real twists or turns or conflict and I found there was absolutely no build up to Izzy's romance with Alex. I've been reading lots of slow burner women's fiction lately so everything just seemed to happen as quick as it was wrapped up. I was also left asking why was Izzy actually invisible? Did ...more
Trish Hills
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start?! Right, the premise. This book, to me, is completely fresh and unlike anything I've read before. It isn't your average girl dumps useless boy, meets perfect man scenario. It's much more complicated (and hysterical) than that.

Izzy had an unusual affliction and has to figure her life out while dealing with that too. She shows strength of character, poise (most of the time) and humility. She is feisty, funny and caring. She is the kind of woman you want as your friend.

Her best fri
Eunice Lan
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is really different from any i have read so far. It is an easy read and funny in many parts. I considered it is a book that can be read in one sitting and if you didn't want to to spend a lot of time. The story is really different at first but then in my opinion the ending is predictable. The actions are sometimes hilarious but the characters didn't make it for me.
Katey Lovell
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fresh, feminist fiction that had me hooked from the get-go. This quirky tale of invisible Izzy learning to love and assert herself will make you believe you can take on the world and win. I loved everything about this book.
Alicia Brooks
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved. Funny, sexy and heart warming. The best kind of emotional gut punch and a look at what happens when you decide to stop simply existing and really grab your life back. The perfect frothy summer read.
D.J.
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful, laugh-out-loud, and empowering novel. Reading it made feel good about myself and other people, and there aren't a lot of novels that I can say that about.
Helen Costello
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a really clever book. From the start I was hooked. I was fooled into thinking it would be a light, easy read and it is, but so much more. There are hugely funny moments but it doesn't feel slapstick. The premise of suddenly becoming invisible is carried out so well - as is how friends in the know react. I loved how feminism is the underlying message throughout a really good story. What was a really lovely thread is that the characters are mainly nice people, kind to each other, girls sup ...more
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Uhhhhh hellooooo swoonerific book cover!!!

‘If You Could See Me Now’ completely caught me off guard! I had no idea what to expect before I read the book, yet what I got wasn’t at all what I expected! That make sense? I absolutely LOVED this book! The storyline is so unique and incredibly refreshing, my mind kept thinking ‘HALLELUJAH’ the entire way through! FINALLY something completely different!!

Without giving away too
Vicki Bowles
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Bookouture, Netgalley and the author for the ARC. I'm delighted to be involved in the Blog Tour for this hilarious book.

I can honestly say I started to read this book and put it down once so I could cook and eat dinner, and then one more time when I went upstairs to bed - I finished reading it that same evening. I kept getting funny looks from my family - I actually laughed out loud several times throughout the book.

The story starts off well enough; the lazy-arsed boyfriend; the hot
Laila
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I usually don't read New Adult and this was my first time reading an ebook, so overall it was a pretty new experience for me. Thanks so much to Bookouture for allowing me to read an arc of 'If You Could See Me Now' in exchange for an honest review.

I liked how magical realism was a large part of the plot. I didn't expect it to be when I requested this book on NetGalley, and that aspect of the plot really hooked me. Overall, I enjoyed the characters and their arcs. I also liked how Tash, Izzy's be
Alicia
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

Rainbow Rowell was recommending this on Twitter the other day, which makes a book like must-read for me. And this was super cute and very silly and just what I needed. It centers on a woman in England with a crappy boyfriend and job stress and an awesome best friend--and then something totally unexpected happens. And I won't tell you what bc I was awesomely surprised. Anyway, this has a cute romance, some really great woman empowerment (seriously, this boo
Claire Watson
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed If You Could See Me Now. Following the story of Izzy Harris who is being overlooked at work for promotion and doesn't have the best boyfriend. After a night out with her best friend Tash, Izzy's life is turned upside down. She dumps her boyfriend and throws herself into trying to win a big contract at work.

There is an unexpected twist to this book that makes it more interesting. It would be a perfect beach read and you'll definitely warm to both Izzy and Tash.

I'd give this book 4 star
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Emma Ever After
  • Wildflower Bay: Part One
  • The Lost Wife
  • The Woolly Hat Knitting Club
  • The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop
  • The Singalong Society for Singletons
  • Masquerade: Can a street-girl fool a lord?
  • The Accidental Prime Minister
  • Love in Row 27
  • The Memory Collector
  • The Misadventures of a Playground Mother
  • The Flower Seller
  • Beneath Outback Skies (Outback Dust #1)
My mum always claimed that when she lived in America for a year, my dad wrote to her every day and, in one of his letters, proposed. My dad denied this. But when she got home they got married anyway. In 1966 they emigrated to Canada. They'd wanted to go to New Zealand, but it was full.

I was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, which, by all accounts, is very cold. And also hot. But when I was four months