Start by marking “Unlocking Lies (Keys to Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unlocking Lies (Keys to Love, #3)

Unlocking Lies

(Keys to Love #3)

Secrets and lies have a way of weaving a deadly web. Returning home from his last deployment shouldn’t have been complicated, but Jace Kendall was immediately drawn into a murder investigation that hits a little too close to home. The last thing he should be doing was reigniting old passions that should have been kept buried, but he’s never been a guy who plays by the rule ...more
Published May 22nd 2018 by Kennedy Layne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unlocking Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlocking Lies

Steph
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3 serial-killer stars for UNLOCKING LIES.

When Marine Corps veteran Jace Kendall returns to his family in Blyth Lake, he's ready to pursue his own dreams, especially since he's now got his own home thanks to a bequeath from his mother. He's surprised to see his old friend Shae Irwin back in town, but when he finds out she's looking for clues on her sister's disappearance 12 years ago, he's not surprised. After all, it seems like a serial killer has reemerged from the shadows, so it's only natura
Erin Lewis
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Unlocking Lies by Kennedy Layne (Keys To Love #3)
This has fast become one of my favourite series for 2018. Kennedy Layne had me riveted from the first to the last chapter as I tried to second guess what was going to happen.
After finishing his military service after sustaining an injury, Jace Kendall returns to Blyth Lake to settle down. Thanks to an inheritance he knew nothing about he becomes the proud owner of a not to run-down property and decides to renovate it hims
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
Another visit to Blyth Lake to visit with Kendall family, and this time we meet Jace the next sibling home, who is overwhelmed with the key from his father.
On his first day in town, when he realises that Shea Erwin has arrived in town. Shea has lived with guilt every day since her little sister disappeared.
Shea has come back to town to get answers, and to tempt the killer. Jace can’t believe Shea, who now is psychiatrist in a town miles away is here in Blyth
Suey_Library
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy for a Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review***

Is it wrong to love a good suspenseful romance? They are always some of the most thrilling reads; always great character building with cunning dynamics that makes the read more realistic plus the hovering backbone of the mystery twisting and turning the plot into more webs of storyline - this is suspense romance and why I enjoy it!

This is my first Kennedy Layne book, well technically,
Dimple
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Unlocking Lies is the third book in the Keys to Love series and despite not having read all the others, I was easily brought to date. We're in the middle of the investigation of a cold case in tiny Blyth Lake. The body count has a new number and no answers so far.

Jace Kendall returns to his hometown after completing his service in the Marines and finds his family mired in the middle of a cold case. Someone is trying to implicate his family in the disappearance of several area girls.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4stars

Lynn Reynolds
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Just a little warning. Don’t read the beginning of this story before going to bed because it may just give you nightmares. Another possibility is that it will get you hooked and you’ll end up reading instead of sleeping. Bit it will certainly have you sit up and take notice.

Jace Kendall gives us a gentle reminder of the mystery that surrounds this series. Shae Irwin feels responsible for things that happened in the past. What’s nice about this story is se
Johnaka
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unlocking Lies by Kennedy Layne
“Will we finally find some answers? 5 stars”

Unlocking Lies is the third book in the Keys to Love series and it does not disappoint. If you’ve read the previous two books you know we are trying to solve a cold case and more and more information keeps coming forward. Someone is trying to insert the Kendall family at every turn, but no one falls for it. It’s definitely a mystery that’s keeping us on our toes.
Jace didn’t expect his homecoming to
Amy M
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book keeps you on the edge of your seat. Kennedy has found a way to keep you guessing throughout all of the twists and turns and then leaves you waiting for more. The Kendall brothers are finally all finishing their service to our country and are coming back home. Jace is the middle brother, who left for the Marines right in the middle of one of the worse moments in Blythe Lake's history, Emma Irwin had gone missing.

Shae Irwin hasn't been back to Blythe Lake, since her sister was abducted.
Crazy~Chaotic Book~Babes
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sofia Lazaridou
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't want much from my life atm, just for this semester to end and to get the final two books in this series. Just when I thought that this was going to be the most boring book from both the romantic and the suspenseful perspective the last few chapters came and we got not exactly answers, but something even better and sicker. Well played dear author, well played. I don't know how anyone could stop reading the series. We are getting close to finding what is going on and who is the killer and ...more
Kari Hansen
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jace has left the Marines to return to his hometown and is adjusting to civilian life. The last person he expected to see on his first day back was Shea who is the sister of the girl who has been missing for the last 12 years.

With the recent developments in town Shea has returned to find out what she can about her sister’s disappearance and hopefully find the closure she so desperately needs. She doesn’t need the distraction of Jace, the object of her teenage dreams to deter her from
Cathy
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As we read book 3 we are still trying to solve a cold case...and while with most series you have some sort of idea, this one sure keeps you in the dark. Yes, we may get more of amazing characters but we are still trying to solve this mystery and I LOVE IT.

Jace is coming back to town and of course gets sucked right on into what is going on in Blythe Lake. And while we have this great romance story between him and Shae and both are very strong great characters, and yet, I love their fl
Felice Foster
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's time to head back to Blythe Lake. The 3rd book in the Keys to Love series, picks up shortly after book 2 ends. This story features Jace and Shea. Jace of course is one of the Kendall siblings, newly discharged from the marines, and Shea Irwin, sister of missing (feared dead) Emma.

It's great if you've read the 1st 2 books in the series, but not really necessary. Ms Layne give good background to those not familiar with the series, so that you can read each book independently.

The action heat
Jo
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Public Service Announcement - I strongly suggest that you read the previous two books in the series before getting started with this - you will be horribly confused otherwise.

So, this picks up right where the last one left off, this time with Jace coming home to settle into civilian life and Shae is coming back for answers too.

This is the first time that I have been aware of the restricted page count of the book.  It felt to me that this story was split into 2 halves, a
Elene Wood
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just goes from strength to strength. We continue to pursue the mystery of Emma`s disappearance 12 years prior and by this book it is very clear a serial killer lives in the midst of the very close knit Blythe Lake community. But just when you think you have an idea who the killer is the story takes a different turn. I love Kennedy Layne’s style of writing. Both Jace and Shea are strong characters and the main and secondary characters from the previous book continue to grow.
Chris
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
And the mystery continues in Unlocking Lies. This book is number three in the Keys to Love series. I highly recommend reading the first two books in the series first. There are so many characters in the small town of Blyth Lake as everyone tries to figure out who killed the young girls 12 years ago and who is still killing to keep the secret.
The three stories focus manly on the Kendall family as each of the siblings return home after serving in the military.
This is Jace’s story. He is back and
Niki Ellis
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jace Kendall - a Marine coming home and adjusting to being a civilian again - and Shae Irwin - the sister of Emma, who's been missing for more than 12 years.

This is the 3rd installment of the Keys to Love Series and it's just as good as the first 2! Kennedy's writing allows you to feel a part of the story - the ups, downs, suspense, mystery, passion and a love that seems to transcend whatever is happening around the Kendall family and the rest of Blythe Lake, CO.

This series is soooooo good! An
Carolyn
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series. I’m usually good at figuring out who the bad guy is in books, but here I am after the third one still unsure! I love this author! A little about what happens in this one...Jace has just returned to town from his 12 year stint in the service. On his first day back he meets Shae, a good friend from childhood, who has returned to her hometown after 12 years to find out what happened to her sister, Emma. Her return doesn’t go unnoticed by the killer everyone is looking for ...more
Leah Keys
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Keys to Love series brings Jace Kendall home amidst the search for a serial killer. The same day he comes home he runs into Shea Irwin, sister to the missing and presumed dead, Emma. She is back home to search for answers on her sister’s disappearance and bring closure to the family once and for all. Shea is willing to do whatever it takes to find the killer and Jace is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure Shea is not the next victim. Another suspense-filled book in ...more
Ddkmc95
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’re following the series this far, then you know that Blythe Lake has a serial killer on the loose. Shea, sister of the first missing girl, is in town temporarily to get some closure for her family. She runs into Jace Kendall, who’s just returned from the military. Sparks fly and the pair begin to spend time together. The townspeople are suspicious of each other and are pointing fingers. Jace’s eldest brother, Mitch, returns to take over the sheriff’s office. Will they catch the killer bef ...more
J
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 did not disappoint!

Kennedy Layne did it again by keeping the storyline interesting & exciting while real while also keeping the reader on the hook since the mystery has not been solved! The main characters have the heat & attraction that makes the romance sizzle throughout while the supporting cast is intertwined in the story! Now to read about Gwen & her homecoming in book 4!
Kathryn
I can tell you I never saw this series coming. I'm so worried for the characters even as I see them healing and beginning their lives together. The arcing story holding them together has got me on the edge of my seat. At one point I think I might know who's behind this, and at others I'm completely lost in the mystery of it. Gwen's story is going to be GREAT!
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shae is returning to Blyth lake after 12 years away. She left after her sisters disappearance but now the case has come back to life again.

What she didn't anticipate is returning to town on the same day as Jace Kendall and her growing feelings for him.

I loved this book and I can't wait for the next two books to find the murderer!
Bonnie
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
No, I'm not good at figuring out mysteries, and it is driving me crazy not knowing who committed all the murders. Will be so glad when the murderer is revealed.
Jacqueline
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is really sucking me in. I love the suspense, characters and the small town feelings of Blythe Lake. Can’t wait to read more.
Alayna
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I love this book it’s a great addiction to this series!! The mystery is awesome and I love how I can’t figure out who the bad guy is
A
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is shaping up to be one of my favorite series ever! Unlocking lies is suspenseful, romantic, and thought provoking. Kennedy Layne is the master of suspense. There are two more books in this series, and there is so much left to find out. Unlocking Lies is so full of juicy twists and turns that you won’t be able to put it down. The characters and the plot are layered in a delicate web that is waiting to be unraveled. I can’t wait for the next book!!
Kristen
Feb 15, 2019
Kimberly Hill
May 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kennedy Layne is a USA Today bestselling author. She draws inspiration for her military romantic suspense novels in part from her not-so-secret second life as a wife of a retired Marine Master Sergeant. He doubles as her critique partner, beta reader, and military consultant. They live in the Midwest with their teenage son and menagerie of pets. The loyal dogs and mischievous cats appreciate her w ...more

Keys to Love (5 books)
  • Unlocking Fear (Keys to Love, #1)
  • Unlocking Secrets (Keys to Love, #2)
  • Unlocking Shadows (Keys to Love, #4)
  • Unlocking Darkness (Keys to Love #5)