Start by marking “À bientôt…” as Want to Read:
À bientôt…

À bientôt…

In À bientôt..., which he was still writing days before he passed away, the late, great Sir Roger Moore looks back on his life – and gives it his trademark sideways glance. Nostalgic, funny, charming and, most importantly, very human, his reflections on age and ageing encompass all aspects of this universal experience, from reminiscences on childhood and ‘what might have ...more
Published November 15th 2017 by Michael O’Mara Books (first published September 14th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about À bientôt…, please sign up.
Britt 2017. He was I think supposed to write more...before he pAssed away :(

Start your review of À bientôt…
Bill Lynas
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was with a touch of sadness that I began reading A Bientot, knowing that it was Roger Moore's final book. However, only one chapter in & I was laughing out loud as Moore's legendary humour worked its magic once again.
While the former 007/Saint/all round action hero/UNICEF ambassador had written previous books about his acting career this one looks at getting old & how the world has changed during his lifetime. There are many amusing stories from Moore, including his experiences with
Carlex
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
My sincere respect and admiration to Sir Roger Moore. It really has been a very good read. I admire the way he faces old age and I wish I was as strong as him. He reminds me of my father, another great person who knew how to behave with dignity when death came.

In his memoirs, Sir Roger Moore shows himself as an elder. Sometimes complaining about the changing times or talking about sad moments in his life, but mostly he tells his experiences as an elder without complexes and with an humorously
Mark
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Staring with this book I was pacing myself knowing very well that this is the last time we get to hear something new for Sir Roger Moore UNICEF ambassador and movie-star extraordinaire as he no longer toils on this mortal environment.

I first met Roger Moore as Ivanhoe on the Saturday afternoon television when there was no 24 hour television offering. I Really like this show. The next time I saw Roger Moore was on a scifi movie called Moonraker, while I had already all of Ian Flemings books I
Mark
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
This is the third memoir (of sorts, only “My Word Is My Bond” is a full autobiography) by Sir Roger Moore and was delivered to the publisher just two weeks before the great man passed away. That knowledge - and the title, ‘see you soon’ - add a sense of poignancy to this book which is another wonderful slice of observation, carried through with a great lust for life and this time includes several of Sir Rogers amusing line drawings. Reflecting on the pros-and-cons of the ageing process, as well ...more
Celine Godfrey
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I've read a few of Roger's anecdote type books and, to be honest, I found a bit repetitive ... ie, the sam stories in different books. I wasn't going to read another then he sadly passed away and I thought the title was apt.

I'm glad I DID pick this up. Roger was a very sweet man who never took himself, his career or life very seriously. It does jump about a bit ... maybe feels a little rambling. There are "What If ... " sections (a ten sentence-ish anecdote) stuck in the middle of longer
Helen
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fascinating offering from the Late Mr Moore. The narrator sounded very like Roger, which added to the enjoyment.
Martyn Perry
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Short and sweet, if you want to know about Roger Moore and his life in the movies, you're better off with his other efforts; my word is my bond, bond on bond and last man standing. This is more Roger's views on life, old age and mainly, what annoys him about modern day living!

That said, there's a few nice little anecdotes in here, and as a Roger Moore, there's still something to be gained from being entertained by the legends final thoughts on page.

Sure, his rants about shopping tills, airport
Theo Kallström
A book filled with wisdom, warmth and witty humour, written by one of our modern legends. Using a remarkably readable language and never forgetting his gentlemanly manners, Sir Roger Moore shares hilarious, memorable and touching moments from his life, writing in subjects suh as wartime memories, the joys of traveling, technical development and growing older. It's a quick read and the social commentary will surprise some, while most readers will find it very funny. Some of the references and ...more
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK; FEBRUARY 17, 2018
Narrator: Jonathan Keeble

Not narrated by Moore. I wish it was, but Keeble did a good job, nonetheless. This is just a little over 3 hours and is mainly Moore rambling on about the things old people ramble on and grumble about. I haven't read any other biography of Moore but I may. My main reason for picking this up is because I always enjoy hearing about these actors' growing-up years, the people and who impacted them, and experiences that were memorable. It
Mick Meyers
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a rather poignant book not published until after his death.an eclectic book of thoughts from the much loved actor.i have always been a lifelong fan of sir Roger and this book in a a way times together in a numerous way his thought on life death and things in between including on quite sad chapter.i managed to see him in Nottingham when he was doing an evening with and found it very entertaining.always depreciative of his talent I think to safeguard against criticisms.a very good book to mark the ...more
Simon Billinton
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s always a pleasure to spend time in the company of Roger Moore, who has always seemed one of life's true gentlemen.
This book however was a little too brief, scattergun, and lightweight, to be a rich and satisfying read.
It's clearly written by his associate who has transcribed Roger's musings on his life, and especially his later life and the ageing process.
It was poignant to read however after his very sad passing.
Nicolas Suszczyk
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Published some months after his death on May 23rd, 2017, the official blurb of À bientôt establishes that this final book of Sir Roger Moore -whom the world knew as Simon Templar and James Bond for decades- consists on "his reflection on age and ageing". Does that make it a book for old, experienced men? Or only for people over 60? Absolutely not.

Read more: http://secretagentlair.blogspot.com/2...
Eoghan Hickey
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short and breezy little read. It’s also very funny. As a person, Roger Moore seemed incredibly decent, and surprisingly aware of how he was perceived. I mean, parts of it are a bit Alan Partridge (which isn’t a bad thing). He talks candidly about the ups and downs of ageing, the decline of manners, and the role that luck played in his success. When venting his frustrations at modern life, it is played for humour. He never crosses over into grumpiness. Really worth a read.
Ailuj25
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The gentle musings of a nearly ninety year old Roger Moore, reflecting on modern life, ageing, and his gratitude at having been 'Jimmy Bond', even if he can no longer race around after the villains like he used to. Certainly gave me a few chuckles.
Tom
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was one of the legions of Sir Roger's fans who were gutted when we heard of his passing last year. A gentleman to the end. His kindness, humor, and authenticity are greatly missed. How lucky were we that he finished up this book just prior to his passing.
Susan
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming and pleasing like the man himself

A quick read but stuffed with humorous anecdotes and observations often at his own expense. Mr Moore was clearly a man who still had a lot to offer the world even at 90 and I thoroughly enjoyed this little gem.
Shankar
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Thoroughly decent read by a thoroughly decent man. Contains anecdotes and reflections from Sir Roger as he approached his 90th birthday. Some of his "toilet" humour had me crying with laughter.

Nobody did it better.
william bird
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read in one sitting,so enjoyable.

I read this book in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I've always been a fan of Roger and reading this book makes you realise what a charming and caring man he was,and a good actor too!
I recommend it.
William Bevill
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Whimsical, fun look at life and the unfiltered brain of Roger Moore. As soon as he uses the word "kerfuffle" I knew what kind of book this would be, because, I don't know anyone else who has used that word outside of some English writing snobs. Nice read.
Tristan Brown
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and completed it in one sitting as I could not put it down. Sir Roger Moore made me laugh and cry with his humbling wit and touching praise and love for his wife. I am sad that this is his last but so grateful for all of the wonderful work he has shared.
El
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quick and easy but highly enjoyable read, with some sad and touching moments to balance the funny ones. Very grateful to have seen Sir Roger, my Jimmy Bond, live on stage on his 2015 'An Evening with' tour.
Gerry
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful short read...some real good laughs ...more
Debbie Bauler
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
Roger Moore's reflections on his life was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Even more interesting was his wit in describing the irritations of aging. The book ended far too soon.
Flora
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Roger Moore combines the soft grumbling of an elderly man with the charming playfulness of a boy and the self-irony of the good humoured. I enjoyed this book immensely.

You can read my longer review here on my blog.
M.K. Aston
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Another enjoyable read from one of my favourite stars of film/TV. What a guy! What a life! The world lost a true gentleman when he passed away last year. Bless you and thank you, Sir Roger.
Christopher Hood
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Too brief but very enjoyable.
David
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book full of amusing stories and I finished it on the same afternoon I started to read it. A thoroughly enjoyable book
Joe Emery
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. Roger as warm, likeable and witty as ever. Shame it had to be his last.
Anthony
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great small book from the late Sir Roger Moore
Bob Mccow
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can hear Roger's voice in every line of this. It only amounts to a few observations on life really, but it is warm, charming and genuine. A great little read.

• What's It All About
  • Blowing the Bloody Doors Off: And Other Lessons in Life
  • I Talk Too Much: My Autobiography
  • Forever and a Day
  • The Elephant to Hollywood
  • My Good Life in France: In Pursuit of the Rural Dream
  • Camp David
  • Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall (War Memoirs, #1)
  • The Moon's a Balloon
  • The Gift of Happiness
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
  • Only Fools and Stories: From Del Boy to Granville, Pop Larkin to Frost
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • One Hundred Goodbyes (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 9)
  • Tall Tales and Wee Stories: The Best of Billy Connolly
  • In Stitches
  • Never Enough
  • Rod: The Autobiography
For the fantasy author/RPG writer see Roger Moore; for the photographer see Roger “Mzungu” Moore; for the poet see Roger Moore, and for others see Roger Moore

Sir Roger George Moore, KBE was an English actor and film producer, perhaps best known for portraying British secret agent James Bond in seven films from 1973 to 1985, and also Simon Templar in the TV series The Saint from 1962 to 1969. He
“World War II (1939–45), or (1942–1945 for American readers)...” 0 likes