Start by marking “The Promise of a Highlander (Highland Bodyguards #5)” as Want to Read:
The Promise of a Highlander (Highland Bodyguards #5)

The Promise of a Highlander

(Highland Bodyguards #5)

He is no man of honor…

To help his sister heal from a traumatic captivity, Logan Mackenzie reluctantly seeks the Bodyguard Corps’ protection. After so many years as a mercenary, he is resistant to live by their code—until he rescues a beautiful Englishwoman from a snowstorm. He vows to protect Helena, even though she kindles a desire that threatens to expose his shameful
Published June 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Promise of a Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Promise of a Highlander

April
The Promise of a Highlander by Emma Prince is one of those WOW stories. While #5, in this highly anticipated series, "Highland Bodyguards", it can be read as a stand alone. I would however, suggest reading #4, "Claimed by the Highlander" to get more on Logan's backstory, but not necessary, to thoughly enjoy "The Promise of a Highlander".

What a fast paced tale with a most enjoyable cast of characters. Well written with many twists and turns, secrets, passion, healing, danger and romance in a time
BigComfyChairBookReviews
Meh...Worst of the Series
I was surprised this one got so many 5-star reviews. I liked it didn’t love it. It was one of the most boring in the series. Really not much happened and the things that did were so contrived. Another reviewer called it “faced paced” which is not how I would describe this one. (view spoiler)
Maria
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another captivating story by Emma Prince! Logan and Helena's story was everything and more of what I wanted for Logan. He was such a mystery in Kirk's story. He was also very intriguing. In Logan's story we learn the depths of his suffering. I loved how the author gradually revealed it to us. Pairing Helena with Logan was great! A strong woman who has lost much and in order to remain alive she must take her fate into her in hands. Badly bruised this English woman flees into the Highlands and alm ...more
Maria
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diane creech
Love and honor

This is among the best Historical Romance novels that I have read. Emma Prince is a writer that makes you visualize the picture she is painting. This story is about a woman that flees her castle because of the evil man who has taken over threatens to burn her. She is found by our hero that takes her to his cabin and takes care of her. Many things happen and many secrets are revealed. All in all there is a happy ending ---except for the evil man. A very good story.
Bonnie
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one and was not surprised! I couldn't wait to get the paperback version and as soon as it came I read it! I loved reading how Logan and Helena's relationship came about and especially how Mairin came out of her shell after going through a horrific time in her life. Seeing Helena teach Mairin self defense to give her confidence back. This story had so many twist and turns you just did not want to put the book down. I highly recommend this book, along with the first 4 in the series!
Helen White
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Promise of a Highlander

Book 5 is in keeping with 1, 2,3, and 4. Read them in order for the best reads. I have enjoyed them all. Logan and Helena have lots of problems and each find it difficult to trust. When they finally overcome their trust issues they are finding themselves in love and trying to regain her former castle for Robert the Bruce. Helena has the right and she helps the army of warriors regain her castle for the Scots. Edward II has completely abandoned the Border castles and He
Love Butterfly
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Logan is not only honorable man but caring and fierce solider. His greedy half brother exile him to became laird. Logan never blamed him. When he heard his sister was abducted, he risked his own life to save her. He also saved heroine Helen. All good characters that I wanted to have in hero. Helen also very gentle and caring about others. She helped Logan sister to live a normal life and overcome her fear of past.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

The Highland Bodyguards series features just that: sexy Scotsmen who win over the women they love under the toughest of circumstances.

Read full review in the 2017 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Davia
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I really loved Logan's story especially following the progress his sister made. Helena was a great character as well. She was human and real and I love that. This series always warms my heart and makes me wish I lived back then. Yes even without running water etc. Something about Keeps and Castles and the Highlands that calls to me.
Cynthia Houser
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Promise

I thoroughly enjoy Emma 's style of writing. This was another good book in this in this series. I didn't want to put it down. I love Logan 's story. He was an honorable man with a tortured soul. He!ena and Logan were so good together. I would love to see Marina 's story.
Nola
Best one yet

This series is my guilty pleasure and this is the best yet. Bonus mystery that I didn't suspect until the very end. This could be read as a stand alone but the heroes from the other books make appearances here, adding depth. If you like medieval honorable warriors, strong ladies who overcome adversity, and scenic Scottish landscapes, this one is for you.
Marian Singer
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read?

This was a good story, I really enjoyed the fact that she brought back familiar characters from the previous books. It was nice to see Finn and Colin together again. Logan and Helena's story was great. I hope she does something down the line with Mairin and Niall's that would be great! I will keep my fingers crossed.
Judy
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really good

Helena and Logan's story is really moving. It has lots of action , twists and turns. It made me sad, happy, and some places mad. It also made me want to cry in others. Over all a very good extension of this series.
Kathy Brickert
A huge winner!

Another wonderful book for this series! The way all the characters interact and come to life as theirs stories come to life makes Emma one of my favorite authors. Wonderful read! Lovely book! Hurry up and write the next one, lol!
Sheila Martin
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

Emma Prince does it again! Wonderful writer! Captivating story line and characters. Will diffenently read more by this author! Loved it
Ann Gonzalez
Terrific series

I have enjoyed this series and look forward to reading the next one. These are the types of characters you want to know more about and follow as time goes on.
Ladydawn
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
the Promise of A Highlander

This was one of the better of the stoies I have read in a long time. I highly recommend it
Rosanna Phelan
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

My heart melted for both Logan and Helena. I was able to totally immerse myself in their dilemma and was rooting for them to realize their love.
Marta Cervantes
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Logan's story!

I couldn't wait to read this installment in the Bodyguard series... it was exciting and I just could not put it down!
BigComfyChairBookReviews
Worst of the Series
light spoilers ahead
I liked it didn’t love it. It was one of the more boring ones in the series. Really not much happened and the things that did were so contrived. Another reviewer called it “faced paced” which is not how I would describe this one. There was really zero reason for either of them to travel back to the castle in England. Helena could have easily just told Finn about the passageway. Her need to guard that secret above all others was so forced and pointless. I al
Wendy Bartlett
Karin
Feb 21, 2019
Catherine
Jan 30, 2018
  • Sorcha (The Highland Clan Book 8)
  • Unraveling James (The Curse of Clan Ross #5)
  • Passion’s Savage Moon: Enchanted By The Warrior's Kiss
  • The Falls of Erith (Noble Line of de Nerra, #3)
  • Gallant Match (Masters at Arms, #5)
  • The Queen's Gambit (The Wonderland Series: Book 4)
  • Midnight Raider
  • Seeing Miss Heartstone
Emma Prince is the bestselling author of steamy historical romances jam-packed with adventure, conflict, and of course love!

Emma grew up in drizzly Seattle, but traded her rain boots for sunglasses when she and her husband moved to the eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada. Emma spent several years in academia, both as a graduate student and an instructor of college-level English and Humanities cour

Highland Bodyguards (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Lady's Protector (Highland Bodyguards #1)
  • Heart's Thief (Highland Bodyguards #2)
  • A Warrior's Pledge (Highland Bodyguards #3)
  • Claimed by the Bounty Hunter (Highland Bodyguards #4)
  • A Highland Betrothal (Highland Bodyguards, Book 4.5)
  • The Bastard Laird's Bride (Highland Bodyguards #6)
  • Surrender to the Scot (Highland Bodyguards #7)
  • Her Wild Highlander (Highland Bodyguards #8)
  • His Lass to Protect (Highland Bodyguards, Book 9)
  • Deceiving the Highlander (Highland Bodyguards, Book 10)