Start by marking “At Wits' End (A Wits' End Cozy Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
At Wits' End (A Wits' End Cozy Mystery #1)

At Wits' End

(A Wits' End Cozy Mystery #1)

When Susan Witsend inherits her grandmother’s UFO-themed B&B, she’s ready to put her organizational skills to the test. She knows she can make the B&B work, even if there is a faux-UFO in the roof. After all, what’s not to love about a Victorian nestled in the high Sierra foothills? None of her carefully crafted policies and procedures, however, can prepare her for
Published July 21st 2017 by misterio press

Barbara Hackel
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I understand there are other books about Doyle, but this was the first that I read. I have to say it was interesting, however many issues seemed to be skirted by the author. What had happened to those people a year ago? Have there ever been any UFO sightings in the area? And what is the deal between Sue and Arsen? Why was Manaj sent to Wits' End and was she a "Man in Black" or not.

I liked the town being a UFO attraction and the characters who were visiting the B & B. I thought the mystery as
Carol
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Susan inherits a UFO themed B & B from her Grandmother, along with her cousin Dixie who her Grandmother employed as a part time cleaner. Several times a day, Susan fantasizes about firing Dixie as her cousin's haphazard cleaning is doing her no favours but when the chips are down, family stick together. So when Dixie is arrested for the murder of a deadbeat customer, Susan pulls out all the stops to try to clear her cousin.

A first in series and an enjoyable read. Although I like the way that
Sue
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
B&B owner Susan Witsend just inherited a UF0-themed B&B from her grandma. While trying to keep her business afloat, a guest (and the sheriff’s ex-husband) is found murdered in his room. She has her hands full with entertaining conspiracy-crazed UFO enthusiast B&B guests, being eyes for the local angry sheriff, and trying to avoid the “woman in black” FBI agent that is a mystery of her own.

This cozy mystery has a funny premise, it takes place at a UFO-themed Bed and Breakfast. The old
Sharon
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise of an old Victorian mansion as a UFO B&B and I just felt that there would be interesting tie-ins with the guests and UFOs. Susan Witsend is such a marvelous, energetic, well-developed character! She brings life, love and humor to this wonderful mystery. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, not only because of her character, but the other characters as well, including the beagle. They were all very realistic and they were all very relatable. You really felt you knew where they ...more
Sharon
This cute cozy mystery introduces us to B&B owner Susan Witsend, whose Wits' End Inn is located in the fictional town of Doyle, Calif. Her property seems to be ground zero for UFO hunters ... and she has several of them in-house. She also has Tanner McCourt, who extended his stay ... and hasn't paid his bill. When Susan calls the sheriff to help her collect the debt, they find that Tanner's been murdered.

And this is only the beginning of the story. Susan's hunky friend Arsen is attracting al
Robyn Gaye-Murphy
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At Wit’s End by Kirsten Weiss
This is is a great read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was sorry to finish. Susan has been left a b&b by her grandma and is determined to make a success of it. She loved her summer holidays with her grandma and was enjoying being back in her childhood happy place. Arsen her childhood buddy was still here, and Dixie her cousin was also helping her make a success of the b&b. Bailey her grandma’s beagle was also by her side. What could go wrong with her plans for
Ira
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Somehow I couldn't really get into this story. It is cute, right, but despite the fact that a lot of things happen, it feels a bit as if nothings really happens. I took me several tries to read the book. The story itself had a lot of potential and after having read the blurb, I was looking forward to something like a cross between, well, Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams but somehow it was completely different. Susan is rather clueless and has no idea what exactly she is doing when she tries to ...more
Amanda Floyd
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have previously read Bound by Kirsten Weiss so I was excited to read another one of her books. At Wits End did not disappoint at all. Sue takes over her grandmothers UFO themed bed and breakfast. When one of her guests is murdered she takes it upon herself to solve the case. Living in small town Doyle didn't leave a short list of suspects. Sue is put in danger but never gives up. It has plenty of twists and turns throughout. It weaves a tale of UFO stories from the area and an FBI agent that m ...more
Molly
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery and Miss Marple fans
Recommended to Molly by: Other authors. Arc copy. Voluntary review
Fun and funny adventures with a bit of a dark twist. Intrepid new innkeeper discovers a trend for someone trying to interfere with inheritances, like the inn that came to her from her aunt. She puzzles with whom to trust, and what strings are pulled by which actors as she fight to save herself and her inn. She really hadn't expected it to be a life or death proposition. Appearances can be so deceiving. A tangled, but captivating, tale.
Michelle Hummel vangilder
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my second book I Have read of the Doyle Cozy Mysteries. I really enjoy learning about the small town Doyle. I feel as if the town itself is one of the main characters in every book. This town is very mysterious and I love it. This one focuses on Sue and her grandmas B&B-which is UFO themed. I enjoyed learning about Sue and the other characters in this book. Was a good read, it makes me want to read more in this series to get to know the other residents of Doyle.
Courtney Huchton
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really am started to like this author. Its one of those books that you can take your time to read instead of having that feeling like you have to know and have to finish reading until you are up all night. I thought it'd have more of the witch sense to it, but it was just as neat that it was in the same town and mention of all your favorite characters from the first book. I loved how the author includes some recipes at the end of the book that I definitely going to give a try!
Shawn
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A witty, sometimes humorous and sometimes shocking mystery. Sue who owns a UFO themed bed and breakfast tries to solve a murder in her small town. She all but stumbles onto clues as she has no idea what she is doing . The characters are quirky and loveable in there own right. The writing is good and it keeps you entertained throughout the book.
Heather
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really enjoyable read. I liked how there was some crossover from the Witches of Doyle series. I hope there are more books in this series because I really like Susan, Arsen, and Dixie, and I really am curious as to who Madame X is. This is the fourth book I have read by Kirsten Weiss and I can say that each one has been well written and thoroughly edited. I really recommend anything she writes.
Sonia
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free and voluntarily reviewed it. Susan Witsend recently inherited her grandmother's UFO themed bed and breakfast in the small town of Doyle. When one of her guests is murdered, life gets complicated for Susan and her best friend Arlen. A fantastic cozy mystery with recipes in the back.
Corey
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! Great read from beginning to end. Interesting characters, unique setting, engaging plot. I can't wait to read more. This was my first Doyle/Kirsten Weiss book, but it will definitely not be my last!! This book was given to me with the only request being an honest review.
Ruthie Parrish
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to read something new and loving mysteries this caught my eye. Very cute and fun, love the small town feel and very cool BB theme. Enjoyed the read, and look forward to reading more from this author!

I received this book in return for a fair review.
Sheryl
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery, kindle
Cute but nothing special. Doubt I will continue with the series. Too many other things out there to try,
Nancy Finley
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

If you like a easy to read mystery, then this is for you. I gives you just enough clues to keep you guessing til the end.
Annette
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
Jeff Elkins
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting characters, a lovely beagle and a possible (in denial) love interest. Add a murder, a few suspicious persons and you have a very interesting book, Well done Kirsten.
Lee Rogers
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

A fun afternoon read!
The characters are fun, and the story involves the Doyle resident from previous series. Good time.

Kristin
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like her Paranormal Museum series a lot. This is the first book in a new series and it has a lot of charm. I like the characters and I can't wait to see where this series goes.
Sheri Jesse
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

A quick, easy, enjoyable read. I'm looking forward to the next book to see trouble what Sue an Arsen get into next.
Tara Christensen
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great mystery set in the same town as the Doyle Witch Series. Kirsten Weiss created a great, imaginative town where lots of weird things happen.
Sherry McWilliams
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received a free copy for a review. I loved the characters, the crazy setting and the story. I'll be reading more books by Kirsten Weiss.
Alana
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great book! Quirky, fun, crazy UFO chasers in a small town with mystery , murder and some romance. Lots of laughs and chuckles woven in a who done it murder mystery. Lots of fun.
Angela
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute book about a woman who runs a UFO B&B who tries to solve a murder. Sue mostly has no idea what she's doing but seems to stumble onto clues by accident. Not a bad story. Had problems with the flow of the book at times. But good characters, just wish I felt more of a connection with them.
Nadine
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
More-ish; a real page-turner

Sue has inherited her grandma’s B&B - with a UFO imbedded in the roof. When there’s a murder in one of her rooms, she starts investigating herself, mostly because she’s being told NOT to. That just makes her want to do it even more. She’s quite the control freak! And she’s about as subtle as a brick… And frankly, she does some stupid things! She might be putting her own life in danger by investigating…

The book was well-written, in a way that made me turn the pages
Heather Lovelace
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun read. This clever book explored the life of a small town, a B&B and its accidentally owner, and UFO enthusiasts. Throw in a murder or two and you have yourself a mystery worthy of a Saturday afternoon read. The pace is steady and the characters are quirky. You can easily identify with the accidental bumbling of our heroine while trying her hand at PI work. She is not Nancy Drew or Jessica Fletcher. But much more every day accidental investigator. Definitely recommend reading.
Stacy
Apr 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Kirsten Weiss has never met a dessert she didn’t like, and her guilty pleasures are watching Ghost Whisperer re-runs and drinking red wine. The latter gives her heartburn, but she drinks it anyway.

Now based in San Mateo, CA, she writes genre-blending cozy mystery, supernatural and steampunk suspense, mixing her experiences and imagination to create vivid worlds of fun and enchantment.

If you like

A Wits' End Cozy Mystery (2 books)
  • Planet of the Grapes (A Wits' End Cozy Mystery #2)