Start by marking “The Dark Lands (Angelbound Origins #6)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Lands (Angelbound Origins #6)

The Dark Lands

(Angelbound Origins #5)

Myla's honorary older brother, Walker, goes missing. Now there's only one thing to do: kick ass, take names, and get Walker back without releasing the uber-evil Lucifer. This will be tricksy.

Angelbound Origins
9. Aquila

Also From Christina Bauer
- Fairy Tales of the Magic
Published September 1st 2018 by Monster House Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Lands, please sign up.
Lananh N. Book 6 used to be the third book of the series. Read the publisher's note in the description of the other books to find out why.

Start your review of The Dark Lands (Angelbound Origins #6)
Jaime
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVE this book!!

I love the fact that the characters still have the same personality since the first book. I love Myla and Lincoln!!! They are so cute!!
And little Maxon!!! I was smilling ear to ear when there was a scene with him. He's so adorable!!
Some of my favourite parts of the book involved Xavier and Maxon.

I also loved the little twists in the book and the way it is comically written.

This series is one of my favourites!! I'm so pumped for the next!
Cheryl Whitty
Well another great adventure from Christina Bauer with my favourite quasi demon Myla and her great team of supporters. This time it’s Walker that needs help, he keeps disappearing and when shows up he has been tortured. When appearing on Good Morning Purgatory Myla and Lincoln are blindsided when an exposé tells of a super villain called the viper has stolen some magical gauntlets that belonged to Lucifer.
This time someone wants to let Lucifer out of his prison, which while mean carnage through
Monster House Books
OMFG I am DYING to tell you what's in this one!!! Imagine if WORLD WAR Z had a bastard story baby with JANE EYRE, with a side order of THOR RAGNAROK. Fun times ahead, people!
Judith
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read this ARC in return for an honest review.
Although I admit to having liked this book fairly well I didn't feel quite as drawn into it as I did with the rest of this series so far. Myla presents as less certain of what she is doing and seems less convincing as the lead character than before. The whole denouement of the plot is a bit rushed and I felt emotionally detached at times so I could put the book aside without being compelled to k
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Another fabulous addition to the Angelbound series by Christina Bauer, another few hours spent in a fabulous fantasy world full of fun, drama, sexy men, kick ass strong women and just fantastic storylines. These can be read as standalone and you shouldn’t be too lost, but best enjoyed as part of the series.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Arlene Arredondo
Great story for young adults and young at heart.
Love the well developed characters and the action sequences, and the world crated by the author.

Note: I received and ARC for review purposes and an honest and unbiased opinion.
Sue Wallace
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The dark lands by Christina Bauer.
This was a great read. With great characters I just couldn't put it down. Loved the cover too. Love a book that takes you away for a while. 4*.
Katherine Paschal
Come visit me at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

“You’ll be interviewed by our new host . She’ll ask you fun questions about your baby and that’s it. There’s no way she’ll ambush you with some surprise just so she can get an exclusive.”

“What a very specific thing for her not to do,” says Lincoln dryly.

Myla feels like life is exactly what she wants it to be- that is until a televised interview goes very wrong, and all signs point to her close ghoul friend Walker. After hunting down Walk
Jessica (Read book. Repeat)
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Monster House Books LLC, and the author via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Actual rating of 3.5

Myla is now the Scala Mother, Queen of the Thrax, and has her baby Maxon and her husband Lincoln by her side. While appearing on Good Morning Purgatory, she is ambushed by the host as to what she is planning to do about the Viper attacks that have been
Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews)

Rating: 5 Stars

Myla’s life has changed for sure now a wife, mother, Great Scala, and Queen of the Thrax, she has her hands full. Things seem to be going pretty well…until it hits the fan like always. Her honorary brother Walker is being more secretive than usual and when he disappears into the Dark Lands leaving her a countdown and a promise to uphold they have another mission to complete, stopping Lucifer from escaping and all, and save not only Walker but all of the after realms. So you know…
books are love
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First and foremost this audiobook and book in general will make zero sense if you have not read or listened to the other books in the series. With that in mind, this is a good addition to the series. We aren’t dealing with any Armegedden issues and to me that made it better. I liked the fact that Myla and Lincoln faced a new danger. A danger that wasn’t after them but that is equally as dangerous and interesting. We learn more about her dad and his past with Lucifer and get some fun moments with ...more
Ukgardenfiend
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Well who would want to live on anywhere but Earth after reading the descriptions of Purgatory, Antrum and the Dark Lands in these novels? Light in short supply, lots of grey clouds and rain, and no flowers to speak of? And worm farms? Actually, the latter is not so bad as we have a worm farm in our charity garden - but it is very small and the worms live in a hut like a hive with lots of trays, making compost and fertiliser from our kitchen waste.

So some imaginative worlds here with the 4 realms
Jeraca
I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Myla is getting used to being the Great Scala, the Queen of Thrax, and now a mother to her beautiful baby boy Maxon. But when Walker needs her help, she's not prepared for the idea of losing her honorary older brother.

A new enemy is in town: Viper. And it seems that he has the ability (from one of Lucifer's many magic items) to take abilities or sins or anything from another person. And it seems that Walker has to face this pe
Barb Shuler
Oh My Gawd!
Myla, Myla, Myla! I love the crazy warrior queen! Haha

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of this author and this series. I totally love the dynamics and relationship these two share. They're a one of a kind couple. The balance they bring to whatever darkness they are trying to fight back is amazing.

This story shows a new level to their relationship. Myla and Lincoln have to balance being royalty, fighters and parents. Not to mention that their daily lives are full of utter crazine
Josie-Leigh Crampton
I would like to thank NetGalley, the author, Christina Bauer, and the publisher, Monster House Books LLC, for allowing me to read this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Our main character Myla has now progressed further in her world - Scala Mother, Queen of the Thrax - alongside her baby Maxon and her ever-loyal husband, Lincoln. Whilst appearing on the world's reality news show Good Morning Purgatory, she's hounded by the host with questions on what she is doing about the Viper att
Jessica Reads It
This was my first book by Christina Bauer and the Dark Lands series and it was quite enjoyable!

Christina Bauer has such a quirky style of writing that I could not help but laugh. Despite jumping in at book #5 I found Christina to be a considerate writer that appressed previous events without being exhaustive (I like that). The book read very much like a cinematic script which I didn’t mind at all.

I imagine Myla is the female Deadpool, as her inner thoughts pivot between outrageously genius to m
Anne (The Reading Life)
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy for an honest review.

What saved the day:
- Maya
- Maya
- Maya and Lincoln
- Excellently executed suspense

This book would be a fun read for first-time readers, for returning readers this book be a great enjoyment by itself simply because it gives us more Maya and Lincoln.

Like its predecessors, The Dark Lands featured a magical, suspenseful, and fun adventure that our beloved characters have to drain the full extent of their skills and wits to go through. Here, Walker is kidnap
Laura Henderson
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Myla kicks butt again! In this new installment, we see her go off on adventure in search of her brother Walker. Myla and her tail (yes her tail who seems to have a mind of its own) both rise up to the challenge. Meanwhile, she also has to worry about the ghouls setting Lucifer free, on top of still being a mom, and wife….. (whew a demon woman’s work is never done)

I think that Myla had become my favorite quasi demon to read and I absolutely am smitten over Lincoln, well all the characters in thes
Victoria
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We all know and love Myla and Lincoln, but Walker... he has a special place in my heart.
So when people dare mess with him, making him leave forever, yeah... no.

For this instalment, we went to explore a whole new and unknown realm, the Dark Lands (dumdumduuuum). I must say, I really love the vibe it had going! :D Dark, misty and with an over the top mansion. If you had a cliché, you'd find it here, but in a totally cool way! As always, all scenes and environments were detailed and well described.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Nineteen year old Myla Lewis loves her job of moving souls to heaven or hell and being a wife and mother. Her life is going great until she learns that her older brother Walker is missing and everyone thinks he is on vacation but Myla and Lincoln know better.

Walker has been taken by the ghouls into the Dark Lands. They want to use Walker in some way to help release Lucifer from his prison. Lucifer was locked up a long time ago. Lucifer is the ex-king of the angles and really needs to stay locke
Myreadbooks
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Monster House Books and the Netgalley website for this partnership.

I love the cover of this book.

We find Myla who at 19 years old is married, mother and queen of the Thraxes and she crunches life to the fullest. It is a half goddess who moves souls to heaven or Hell. As for his brother Walker, he returns to the Black Lands where the ghouls live and disappears.

Myla will do anything to find her brother. A criminal would have kidnapped him to free Lucifer.

A fifth book that I
Brandy Mulder
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Myla is back and just as sassy as ever. There are a few problems in paradise though. Walker is hiding things and plans on leaving never to return, and someone is attacking people and stealing their powers. All this leads to a confession from her dad about his past, and Myla and Lincoln taking a trip to the dark lands. There are some interesting situations with some creepy lava angels, and a secret prison that Lincoln doesn't even know that some of his people are guarding. There is violence, and ...more
Andrea Thompson
Myla, Lincoln, a good mystery and old family drama to complicated it all? YES PLEASE.

I adore this series. I love everything about Myla - her snark, her humor, her badassery. Her romance with now husband Lincoln is nothing short of swoony, too. Their adventures never fail to please in all the best ways.

If you're a fantasy lover, you need to be reading this series and the rest of the books set in this world!
Brandi Wolfertz
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
Another fantastic adventure for the Angelbound series! I have loved Walker since the very first book, so to have a book that goes more into who he is and what he means to Myla and her family, was just fantastic! The author really knows how to pull you into the story and keep you guessing until the end! And can I just say that baby Maxon is the cutest!!!! If you've read the books before, you won't want to miss this one!
Anie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received from Xpresso Book Tours

I haven't read the entire series until recently and for a someone who almost never finished a series, I was very surprised. I love jumping back to the amazing world, that Angelbound set up. I just love the magical world and the people residing in it. :)

I love Myla and Lincoln so much, and also Mason. :) On one hand it was nice to read about Myla with family, being a mother, a Queen & Scala (talk about multitasking :)) and on the other hand I LOVED that she has th
Amy
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I always wonder what new trouble Myla and Lincoln can find, but they always manage to find it. Love seeing the family grow as well as the interactions between family members.

Slow down and Savor. Some really sweet moments. As well as some kick butt ones.
Rachel
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book for me felt like a filler book.

It was a book focusing on Walker and who he really is. It was a good read, but not as great as the previous book.

I do like reading more about the characters in the offspring series but some of the suspense is probably missing for me as I read the books out of order.
Alexandra Dresel
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

This series had me at the first snark lol. Main character makes me LOL for real. Fun story with a lot of heart. Definitely keeps you on the edge of seat till the end of the day its like a zany rollercoaster ride tied with big bow!
Alana Byers-crawford
This series is still bringing the good stuff and being an enjoyable book to read.
Myla is still her kick ass self even though she's now a wife and mother.
I also love how after 5 books there's still surprises that aren't predictable.
Great book.
Susan Lower
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Watch out Viper Kayla is coming

Another thrilling adventure for Mayla and Lincoln. There weren't many moments where they weren't kicking butt. Not enough moments of Mayla spending time with her baby some else always seemed to have Maxon.
Goodreads Librari...: please update cover 3 20 Jun 14, 2017 03:41AM
Goodreads Librari...: Adding new book to series 4 16 May 10, 2017 10:56PM

• Alpha Erased (Alpha Girls, #9)
  • Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)
  • The Zephyr (Oberon Academy #2)
  • A Demon's Plaything (The Elite Guards #2.5)
  • The Sylph (Oberon Academy #3)
  • The Queen (Oberon Academy #4)
  • Winterly
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • The Love Study
  • Crowned A Traitor (A Hellish Fairytale, #1)
  • Moonbreeze (The Dragonian, #4)
  • Starlight (The Dragonian #5)
  • Classic Ghost Stories
  • Frostbite (The Dragonian, #3)
  • The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil #2)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Three (Supernatural Academy, #3)
  • Hollywood Enigma (Hollywood Name Game, #5)
  • An Unexpected Temptation (The Townsbridges #5)
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-in ...more

Angelbound Origins (8 books)
  • Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1)
  • Scala (Angelbound Origins #2)
  • Acca (Angelbound origins #3)
  • Thrax (Angelbound Origins #4)
  • The Brutal Time (Angelbound Origins #6)
  • Armageddon (Angelbound Origins #7)
  • Quasi Redux (Angelbound Origins #8)