Start by marking “The Dark Lands (Angelbound Origins #6)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Lands (Angelbound Origins #6)

The Dark Lands

(Angelbound Origins #6)

Nineteen-year-old Myla Lewis is loving life--she’s now a wife, mother, and Queen of the Thrax. Oh yeah, and being a super-powerful demigoddess who moves souls into Heaven or Hell doesn’t suck, either. In fact, everything is pretty much awesome. Until something craptastic happens.

Her honorary older brother Walker enters the Dark Lands, home to the rule-loving ghouls, and va
Published September 1st 2018 by Monster House Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Lands, please sign up.
Lananh N. Book 6 used to be the third book of the series. Read the publisher's note in the description of the other books to find out why.

Cheryl Whitty
Well another great adventure from Christina Bauer with my favourite quasi demon Myla and her great team of supporters. This time it’s Walker that needs help, he keeps disappearing and when shows up he has been tortured. When appearing on Good Morning Purgatory Myla and Lincoln are blindsided when an exposé tells of a super villain called the viper has stolen some magical gauntlets that belonged to Lucifer.
This time someone wants to let Lucifer out of his prison, which while mean carnage through
Howie TheMonster
OMFG I am DYING to tell you what's in this one!!! Imagine if WORLD WAR Z had a bastard story baby with JANE EYRE, with a side order of THOR RAGNAROK. Fun times ahead, people!
Judith
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read this ARC in return for an honest review.
Although I admit to having liked this book fairly well I didn't feel quite as drawn into it as I did with the rest of this series so far. Myla presents as less certain of what she is doing and seems less convincing as the lead character than before. The whole denouement of the plot is a bit rushed and I felt emotionally detached at times so I could put the book aside without being compelled to k
Susan Angela Wallace
The dark lands by Christina Bauer.
This was a great read. With great characters I just couldn't put it down. Loved the cover too. Love a book that takes you away for a while. 4*.
Arlene Arredondo
Great story for young adults and young at heart.
Love the well developed characters and the action sequences, and the world crated by the author.

Note: I received and ARC for review purposes and an honest and unbiased opinion.
Jessica Smith
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Monster House Books LLC, and the author via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Actual rating of 3.5

Myla is now the Scala Mother, Queen of the Thrax, and has her baby Maxon and her husband Lincoln by her side. While appearing on Good Morning Purgatory, she is ambushed by the host as to what she is planning to do about the Viper attacks that have been
Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews)

Rating: 5 Stars

Myla’s life has changed for sure now a wife, mother, Great Scala, and Queen of the Thrax, she has her hands full. Things seem to be going pretty well…until it hits the fan like always. Her honorary brother Walker is being more secretive than usual and when he disappears into the Dark Lands leaving her a countdown and a promise to uphold they have another mission to complete, stopping Lucifer from escaping and all, and save not only Walker but all of the after realms. So you know…
Ukgardenfiend
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Well who would want to live on anywhere but Earth after reading the descriptions of Purgatory, Antrum and the Dark Lands in these novels? Light in short supply, lots of grey clouds and rain, and no flowers to speak of? And worm farms? Actually, the latter is not so bad as we have a worm farm in our charity garden - but it is very small and the worms live in a hut like a hive with lots of trays, making compost and fertiliser from our kitchen waste.

So some imaginative worlds here with the 4 realms
Jeraca
I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Myla is getting used to being the Great Scala, the Queen of Thrax, and now a mother to her beautiful baby boy Maxon. But when Walker needs her help, she's not prepared for the idea of losing her honorary older brother.

A new enemy is in town: Viper. And it seems that he has the ability (from one of Lucifer's many magic items) to take abilities or sins or anything from another person. And it seems that Walker has to face this pe
Anne (The Reading Life)
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy for an honest review.

What saved the day:
- Maya
- Maya
- Maya and Lincoln
- Excellently executed suspense

This book would be a fun read for first-time readers, for returning readers this book be a great enjoyment by itself simply because it gives us more Maya and Lincoln.

Like its predecessors, The Dark Lands featured a magical, suspenseful, and fun adventure that our beloved characters have to drain the full extent of their skills and wits to go through. Here, Walker is kidnap
Laura Henderson
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Myla kicks butt again! In this new installment, we see her go off on adventure in search of her brother Walker. Myla and her tail (yes her tail who seems to have a mind of its own) both rise up to the challenge. Meanwhile, she also has to worry about the ghouls setting Lucifer free, on top of still being a mom, and wife….. (whew a demon woman’s work is never done)

I think that Myla had become my favorite quasi demon to read and I absolutely am smitten over Lincoln, well all the characters in thes
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Nineteen year old Myla Lewis loves her job of moving souls to heaven or hell and being a wife and mother. Her life is going great until she learns that her older brother Walker is missing and everyone thinks he is on vacation but Myla and Lincoln know better.

Walker has been taken by the ghouls into the Dark Lands. They want to use Walker in some way to help release Lucifer from his prison. Lucifer was locked up a long time ago. Lucifer is the ex-king of the angles and really needs to stay locke
Haddie Harper
DISCLAIMER i WAS SENT AN ARC OF THIS BOOK IN PARTICIPATION OF A BLOG TOUR. THIS IS MY HONEST REVIEW.

This is probably going to be the most direct review I'll ever share.
The adventure continues. Oh Mylanta. Y'all are in for a treat! There was so much going on, but it all held together. Myla is ever the greatest. Walker was definitely one of my favorite characters throughout the series. His disappearance just had my totally like "Wait, what?" I mean, sure. It's in the description, but I totally wa
Anie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received from Xpresso Book Tours

I haven't read the entire series until recently and for a someone who almost never finished a series, I was very surprised. I love jumping back to the amazing world, that Angelbound set up. I just love the magical world and the people residing in it. :)

I love Myla and Lincoln so much, and also Mason. :) On one hand it was nice to read about Myla with family, being a mother, a Queen & Scala (talk about multitasking :)) and on the other hand I LOVED that she ha
Amy
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I always wonder what new trouble Myla and Lincoln can find, but they always manage to find it. Love seeing the family grow as well as the interactions between family members.

Slow down and Savor. Some really sweet moments. As well as some kick butt ones.
Alexandra Dresel
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

This series had me at the first snark lol. Main character makes me LOL for real. Fun story with a lot of heart. Definitely keeps you on the edge of seat till the end of the day its like a zany rollercoaster ride tied with big bow!
Susan Lower
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Watch out Viper Kayla is coming

Another thrilling adventure for Mayla and Lincoln. There weren't many moments where they weren't kicking butt. Not enough moments of Mayla spending time with her baby some else always seemed to have Maxon.
Alana Byers-crawford
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: coming-soon
This series is still bringing the good stuff and being an enjoyable book to read.
Myla is still her kick ass self even though she's now a wife and mother.
I also love how after 5 books there's still surprises that aren't predictable.
Great book.
Clare
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of this series, From the very first book i loved getting to know Myla and Lincoln, If your looking for a new PR series to read then give these ago.
Kayla
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It now feels like we're runnng out of plot and we're just going in circles.
Liz Lyles
This book just was not as good as the previous ones.
Kristin
Oct 19, 2018
Alexus Acuna
Dec 11, 2017
Harley Andrade
rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: please update cover 3 20 Jun 14, 2017 03:41AM
Goodreads Librari...: Adding new book to series 4 16 May 10, 2017 10:56PM
  • The Year of the Knife
  • The End of Lies (The Single Lady Spy, #4)
  • Awakening (Bloodline #1)
  • A Princess's Duty (Of Fire and Frost, #1)
  • Untitled (Dark World, #2)
  • The Soulweaver
  • Sail (Haunted Stars, #1)
  • Theodosia and the Flame of Sekhmet (Theodosia Throckmorton, #5)
  • Wicked Soul (Ancient Blood, #1)
  • Damned (Magnus Blackwell, #1)
  • Harper's Tale: Tribes (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #7.5)
  • In the Beginning
  • Untitled (Chronicles of Elantra, #15)
  • Air Kiss (Running on Air, #0.5)
  • For the Clan
  • Dylan (The Sons of Dusty Walker, #1)
  • Fates Entwined (Halven Rising, #2)
  • Harder We Break (Fall and Rise, #5)
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-in ...more

Angelbound Origins (8 books)
  • Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1)
  • Lincoln (Angelbound Origins #2)
  • Scala (Angelbound Origins #3)
  • Acca (Angelbound Origins #4)
  • Thrax (Angelbound Origins #5)
  • The Brutal Time (Angelbound Origins #7)
  • Armageddon (Angelbound Origins #8)