Start by marking “Infamous (Famous, #2)” as Want to Read:
Infamous (Famous, #2)

Infamous

(Famous #2)

All that up-and-coming musician Jesse Jamison has ever wanted is to be on the cover of Rolling Stone. When a gossip website nearly catches him kissing someone who isn’t his famous girlfriend—and also isn’t a girl—he considers the near miss a wake-up call. There’s a lot riding on his image as the super-straight rocker, and if he wants to realize his dreams, he’ll need to to ...more
Published November 27th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Infamous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infamous

Shile
Re-read via Audiobook! December 2018

The audiobook was a bit of a letdown. It was difficult to tell, who was who, no distinct voices for the characters.

The story is still marvelous, i enjoyed it even more. This book still remains my favorite mm romance book.

*******************************************

5++++++++++stars

This was me reading this book.

description

Damn! This book was a breathe of fresh book air.. Once in a while I go through my TBR and pick a book I bought because Amazon had it under LGBT category,
Ky
I didn't expect to have this much fun with this story! Sure, I expected to like it well enough but not so much that I couldn't stop listening to this story until I reached the end.

"Infamous" takes us through about four years in total in the characters' lives and though there are a lot of time leaps it still had all the things I crave in a story like that. Learning that a story spans through many years is usually a done deal for me and I read the book immediately. Though, I didn't know about it i
Simone
***4.5 Rock-(Solid)-Stars***

Wow!!! Who would have thought that this story would be right up my alley? Not me, that's for sure.

Amazing friends-to-lovers story between Jesse, an into the closet forced rockstar without putting on airs...

... and Hunter, the out and proud baby-silver-fox doctor...
Bildergebnis für silver haired man

... all wrapped up in an oh-so-delicious slow burn romance.

I'm so not a fan of public declarations of love, but this time instead of making me cringe, it made me tear up. It was simply perfect!

Speak
Lyn
Audio - 1 star
Story - 4.5 stars

Slow-burn, friends-to-lovers done right. Loved it!!
Bev
THIS!! is how you write a slow burn romance. There isn't a single thing I didn't love about Infamous, not a thing. The slow burn teased and captivated me, with nothing romantic happening between them until after halfway through, and I didn't care in the slightest. I was too busy loving every word of their friends to lovers story.

Loved the writing, the pacing, the characters - especially Jesse's growth. Bloody fantastic! Oh and Dr Baby Silver Fox? Absolutely perfect for Jesse.

Loved it!
Tess

I'm really surprised more of my m/m GR friends haven't read this! It was friends to lovers with a perfect slow burn! I like that this book starts with Hunter and Jesse meeting, then gradually becoming friends and then best friends before anything happens between them. Lovely progression. Also, I'm not a big fan of "rocker" or "celebrity" romances, but this didn't have that feel. This was just as much, or more, about Sick Kids Hospital and Hunter's life there.

And another thing ... I do
Kade Boehme
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful take on the rocker Romance. Def on my re-read shelf.
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4.5
Audio Book: Michael Fell: 4
Book Cover: 3.8

I really liked this one. I don’t know, it just worked for me.

It was a slow burn but in a good way and I absolutely loved the MC’s.

Jesse was just enough of an “ashole” to make me want to fight for him and of course, the moment he secretly visited Avery I was sold on him 110%.

These days I’m on the low with “drama” I know, such a sissy girl. But what can I do.

That being said, I felt the “drama” in this story. It was needed, becaus
Truuss
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
This was really a nice read. Glad is wasn't predictable as the blurb could suggest.
Jesse a real rockstar meet the real nice pediatrician Hunter.... on a train trip.
They talked and talked and Jesse gives his number.

Two years later Hunter calls Jesse for a favor... he has a very ill little patient who is a big fan of Jesse. The next day Jesse is at the hospital.
There blooms a friendship between Jesse and Hunter.. a deep friendship

You'll guess it yess Jesse can't give in to his feelings but he ca
Karen
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR.

First off let me just say...

"THIS ONE TAKES PLACE IN CANADA!!!!!!!" and I didn't even realize this until I got listening to the story...yeah, I know it says 'Toronto' in the blurb but I admit it, I skimmed the blurb and listened to the audible sample and then said 'yes please' I'm not even sure why because on of the MCs is a rock star...not my favorite. I have one series that I love with rock stars in it...just one...that's it and I
Anali
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos
“You come here. That’s where you come. You come here.”

¡Oh, me encantó! Apenas leí la reseña de Infamous me pareció simplemente genial. Adoro los romances de superestrellas de rock y también los romances de amigos a amantes. Esta novela te ofrece ambas opciones, además de unos personajes extraordinarios.

Trama: Engancha. Es sencilla, interesante, divertida y tierna. Los diálogos fueron concisos y la historia nunca se volvió aburrida y tediosa. Además no hay dramas excesivos.

In that instant
Alisa
Audio Version

This was one of my favorite books from last year and when I had a chance to review the audiobook I jumped at it. So glad I did. This was even better second time around and on audio. The narrator does a great job and his Jesse was fantastic. The story made me get all teary eyed a couple times (which I didn't when I read it). When Jesse says “You come here. That’s where you come. You come here.” I was all teary and swoony. I think this is one of my top 5 friends to lovers stories.

***
Ariana
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
I thoroughly enjoyed this book up to 75 percent or so.

Jesse's journey of exploring his bi-sexuality is lovely (lots of firsts!) and Hunter is just a sweet cutie.
The way they meet, them becoming best of friends and then discovering there is more was really nicely done with some good UST. It was obvious where the plot was going, but I was happy with the execution of the theme.

However, the inevitable twist towards the end felt a bit fabricated and Hunter's reaction made me frown in confusion (view
Maria Rose
Audiobook update - loved it! Very good narration by Michael Fell, he gets the voices and characters of Hunter and Jesse just right. A few minor word mishaps but overall a great performance. I'd definitely listen to more of his work.

.....................

Though romances starring rock star heroes or heroines aren’t usually on my list of favorites, I may have to make an exception after reading this latest romance by Jenny Holiday. On the strength of my enjoyment of previous stories of hers, in part
Caz
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Caz by: Maria Rose
I've given this a B+ for narration and an A for content at AudioGals

Rock Star romances really aren’t my bag and that, together with the unappealing front cover of this one, would have been enough to make me pass on Jenny Holiday’s Infamous without a second glance. BUT. One of my fellow AAR reviewers absolutely raved about the book when it came out towards the end of 2017, so when I stumbled across it at Audible, I thought I’d give it a go. And I’m SO glad I did, because it’s wonderful; sweet, se
~Kristin~
4.5 Stars
I'm so glad that I took a chance, this is a new to me author, and the first book in the series is a m/f and that wasn't what I was in the mood for, but I just went for it. Thank my lucky stars, this was just the kind of tortured love story I was hoping for. I totally fell for Dr. Silver Fox and Jesse and the Joyride were a pretty hot and entertaining bunch. I will admit I felt a profusion of emotions, from swooning to highly pissed off, I did understood the deep fears that the led to so
Fabi
No rating since I didn't make it very far. This one is not for me even though I really hate bailing on a Buddy Read. :-(

At 30% it's not really working for me.

(view spoiler)
Robyn
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
It’s rare that I give five stars to a romance novel but this one deserves it - it had it all! Passion, hard obstacles overcome with bravery, and two main characters that I just adored.
haletostilinski

So I've never read Jenny Holiday before, and it seems she's mainly an M/F romance writer, so this may be her first M/M book? Who knows, but if it is was a wonderful M/M debut. I loved this.

This was like...super slow burn but not at the same time. Because Jesse and Hunter actually fall in love fairly quickly, over a few months of friendship, and the book skips over time several times in this book, but nothing happens between them until around the 40ish percent mark? But then Jesse plays
Georgia Callaghan
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Well this book was delightful. I finished the book in 1 day if that says anything. This was a new author to me and I really enjoyed this book. Both MCs were very likable, nice steam, low angst and a different story line. Solid 4 stars.
Lily
2BBE46B6-8AB5-4339-AA41-2AC3265294C5.gif

What a fabulous book.

I had this book on my tbr list for a while, and I finally decided to give it a go cause I was in the mood for rockstars. Well, I got what I wanted, and so much more. Even though the main character in this book is in fact a rockstar, this book isn’t dramatic or OTT at all. Actually, the story is pretty simple - boy meets boy, boys become good friends, then boys become lovers.

But even though it was a pretty basic storyline, it was done in a way that just sucks you into the sto
Ivy Deluca
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance, rockers
Jesse meet on a train, just after Hunter, a doctor aka Dr. Baby Silver Fox, has broken up with his long standing, firmly-in-the-closet boyfriend, and Jesse has just been caught in a scandal kissing someone who was not his girlfriend...and unbeknownst to many, not a girl. What happens when a man who will not be someone’s dirty little secret falls for the man whose career banks on his sexuality? Well, some good old fashioned romance happens.

description

The Good. Where do I start? Ok, so for argument’s sake,le
namericanwordcat
4.5 Stars.

Infamous is a great friends to lovers romance with all the pleasure of the Rock Star theme as well.

Jenny Holiday hits all the right notes with this touching romance about Jesse, the rock star, and Hunter, the doctor.

Watching them become such close friends while crushing on each other is a joy. I love how Hunter's life as a doctor is shown to be as complex and important (maybe more in some ways) than Jesse's famous job as a singer and songwriter.

Jesse makes a choice early in this boo
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
5 Stars!

Jesse and Hunter, a budding rockstar and a pediatrician respectively, two people who should never have crossed paths meet on a train from Montreal to Toronto. The two hit it off right away and chat for the entire five-hour trip, but they head off to their separate lives once they step off the train.

They meet again when Hunter contacts Jesse whose band, Jesse and the Joyride, has gained much notoriety and popularity over the past two years since they first met on the train, and asks him
Alisa

I tried this book on a whim and it ended up being one of the best things I've read in a long time. Jesse is an up and coming rock star who gets caught by the tabloids kissing a guy. His agent tells him that if he plans to make it big he needs to push his bisexuality aside and only date women. Jesse decides success is totally worth the sacrifice.

What Jesse doesn't count on is Hunter. The two had met a few years before and Hunter works with critically ill children and has asked Jesse to
Sahitya
This was such an adorable romance. Jesse and Hunter’s relationship goes from being friends to best friends to lovers in such an organic way that I was invested in it right from page 1. They really understand each other well and come to depend on the other without even realizing it. This book is another perfect kind of slow burn and every page that I waited for them to get together was worth it.

Jesse maybe a rockstar with a bad boy image but he is a softie at heart who will do anything to achiev
AussieMum
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reread December 2018
Well I'm increasing my rating to 4.5 stars because I read this a bit differently the second time around. I still love these two together, love the way their friendship evolves. So, when shit went down I was less ragey about it, and that made the ending all the more sweeter. I'd really love a follow up on these two.

Original review
I stayed up till 2am because I couldn't put this down. I liked the setup. The characters. The tentative friendship that turns into Jesse and Hunter
Jen
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been months since I stayed awake into the wee small hours because I just had to finish a book, I regret nothing! One of the best reads of the year.
Tracie Payne
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-books
4.5 Stars. Loved this one!
Turning Pages At ...: Infamous (Famous #2) (M/M Buddy Read) by Jenny Holiday 55 18 Jun 27, 2018 03:07AM
Jenny Holiday started writing in fourth grade, when her awesome hippie teacher, between sessions of Pete Seeger singing and anti-nuclear power plant letter writing, gave the kids notebooks and told them to write stories. Most of Jenny’s featured poltergeist, alien invasions, or serial killers who managed to murder everyone except her and her mom. She showed early promise as a romance writer, thoug ...more

Famous (2 books)