Start by marking “Lace-Covered Compromise” as Want to Read:
Lace-Covered Compromise

Lace-Covered Compromise

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  270 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
Adam Kingston expects to inherit his father’s multinational conglomerate. When he finds out half of it went to Nate Thomas—an annoying man whose dreams for Kingston Corp.’s future clash with Adam’s need to stave off financial disaster—Adam is furious. He’s willing to do whatever it takes to wrest control of Kingston Corp. from Nate.

Nate may be soft-spoken, but he refuses t
Published November 6th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lace-Covered Compromise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lace-Covered Compromise

Judith
Hell Yes! Just my thing!!

*Happy dancing*

I mean,what's not to like??

-enemies to lovers,

-a bit of hate sex,

-dirty talk,

-bossy bedroom antics,

-Manties

-lace panties and lipstick....I think I swooned a bit,

-Manties

-mirror sex...I definitely growled a bit here,

-rough,face fucking....more growling...

Delicious quotes:

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
4.5 Hearts

THERE WILL BE GRATUITOUS MANTIES PICS. BRACE YOURSELVES, MY PEOPLES. (on the blog cuz Cupcake was born at night but it wasn't LAST night, mkay?)

First, let me say as soon as I read the blurb I said aloud, "it's my book!" Ok, it was more of a squell (squeal + yell) but nevertheless there was some excite happening. Then I hit NetGalley DAILY, like it was my job, waiting for it to appear.

It was worth the wait. It was everything . MY FACE MELTED RIGHT OFF MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!! My own panties
Ele
"He was wearing a black tank top, jeans that were impossibly tight, and holy-fuck-me-now pink lipstick.[...]The movement caused pink lace to peek above the waistband of his pants."

"When I stepped out of the guest room, Nate was reclined on the couch wearing bright blue panties that were designed to hold his cock and balls in a little pouch of lace. They were obscene and I was hard in seconds. His lips were red this time."

Ok, now that this is out of the way, let me count the reasons I rea
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Enemies to lovers + hate sex + manties = SERIOUS HOTNESS

I love that Nate was into pink lipstick and lace manties, but I knew nothing else about him. Where did he come from? What did he do before Kingston Corp? He was supposedly this big hippie, but he was constantly yelling at Adam.

Mind you, Adam was no pacifist. He was selfish, arrogant, and infuriatingly incapable of seeing anyone's vision but his own. I think the story would have worked better had Nate's POV been included.

There was constant f
Jan
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jan by: Judith
Shelves: lgbtq
*** 3.5 Stars ***

After many angsty readings, I really needed something like that.
Absolutely loved the manties aspect.

It was super hot.

Romance wise, the development of their relationship was a little too fast for my taste, lacking a little bit in depth and intensity. I'm not a big fan of having the L word spelled out too soon. That's totally on me though.

I'm rounding it up because I had a blast with the lipstick and manties aspects.
It was well done.

Shile loves books
Hot! Hot! Hot!

This checked all my boxes

*Enemies to Lovers

*Hot Sex

*Manties and Lipstick

*Public Hate Sex

*Bareback with almost felching

*Bossy MC at work, submissive in the bedroom.

I just wish we had Nate's POV.

I took a swing at him, but he grabbed my arm, twisted it behind my back, and pushed me face first against the wall. I’d never been so turned on in my life.
He teased the outside of my ear with his tongue. “Is this what you want? An anonymous fuck with your face scraping a cinder block wall,
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

Adam Kingston is rich and privileged and very full of himself. He has always gotten everything he wants, except for his father’s respect and love. When his father dies and leaves half the company to the man he’d taken under his wing, Nate Thomas, Adam vows to do everything he can to get back the company that should be his alone. Unfortunately for him, it’s not going to be easy. With the company financially unstable and a board of directors demanding that Adam
Jewel
I really enjoyed Lace-Covered Compromise! Adam just didn't know what to do with himself around Nate. This book was hella sexy and delicious!!

-------------
Many thanks to A GR friend who is not your Secret Elf, aka Debra for gifting me this book! I've been wanting to read it since I first saw it!!! ❤
Karen
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 "It's not you it's me but I don't want to round down or up, frustrated stars rounded up because we can't always have what we want and especially when it comes to 1/2 stars...ok, having spit that all out I feel better and a full review will follow soonish...Sorry my office is still under construction :(

Yeah!!! Office construction is complete and I have a nice new work space and here's my full review...

Nothing says "secure in my masculinity" like a pair of manties...

I'm serious here. I have
Al *the serial series skipper*
The only thing I enjoyed was the manties and the hate sex, everything else left no lasting impression.
Truuss
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, m-m
Adam and Nate
Whoooop awesome read. A lot of fighting and arguing... they hate each other (ha! not)
Adams father left only the half of the company to him and the other half....to Nate

They are totally opposite about the future of the company and Adam goes straight to Nate to tell him the truth and to f* of.....walking in Nate's office there is a duffel bag and some pink lace peaks out. Adam is instant hard....

Both men struggle to work together but oh my.... they are sexy together....they fight and
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
MANTIES&LIPSTICKOHMY!

There is just something about a strong man in lace that revs me up. Lipstick is icing on the lace beefcake.

This was a quick read but oh so sexy. I’d have loved a bit more before the L word made an appearance but Adam & Nate had know each other for years before the events in the book and the unrequited or unrealized feelings Adam had added to the tension, anxiety and anger Adam was feeling.

I myself don’t deal with the anxiety dealt with in the story but did suffer f
Trio
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of the things I appreciate most about Silvia Violet’s writing is her unique way of writing relationships. Each of her series have a different approach to showcase the main-characters’ particular chemistry.

Lace-Covered Compromise is told from the point-of-view of Adam, a self professed spoiled and pampered rich kid who has been given everything in life except for a loving relationship with his dad. Furious that he now has to share ‘his’ company with Nate (his dad’s right hand man in business)
CrabbyPatty

I really wanted to like this book. I mean, manties y'all! But sexy hot pink lacy boy shorts can only go so far in improving a story, and unfortunately Lace-Covered Compromise just did not work for me.

Under the terms of his father's will, Adam Kingston is forced to share ownership of Kingston Corp. with Nate Thomas, who heads up the company's Enviro division. Adam starts out as a total jerk in this enemies to lovers story ... well, actually, he's an asshole of epic proportions. Adam is a control
Eugenia
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to Eugenia by: Trio
I really liked this enemies to lovers story. LOVED the manties, the dirty sex, the lipstick, the bare backing and the fact that our manty and lipstick wearing do-gooder took control in the bedroom.

What I missed was depth in character, specially that of Nate (manties man). We get more of Adams’s background since it’s his POV, but not too much.

Still, this was a great three star read, maybe 3+, that will erase any lingering angst you may have from a previous heavy read.
Darla
Sep 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
.5 star--this is terrible writing and a prurient story. The subject of panic attacks is handled so poorly by this author it is completely and totally offensive. Near constant 'telling' from the MC--nothing is 'shown'. Impossible to distinguish which MC is speaking because they both use the F word constantly. I loathed this book and cannot believe it is being published by my favorite queer publishing house. Really and truly awful. This book represents just about everything flawed in M/M romance-- ...more
Laxmama
3.5 fun, light hot reading
BR11
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 hot stars
Adam was kind of an asshole but I loved Nate and the two together were burning down the sheets (and the shower and the club wall...).
Good read!
Ash
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
OK, look. It's not often I want a book purely for the sexy times. But when I do, Silvia Violet is one of my go-to authors. She writes extremely erotic books that still manage to string together a decent plot that keeps me engaged from one hot scene to the next. Lace-Covered Compromise fulfilled all my expectations.

The enemies-to-lovers is done pretty well here. There is a good amount of angst on Adam's part with his animosity and hatred towards Nate after finding out his late father left the fam
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
I have to be honest, One of the biggest reasons this one got such a low rating from me is because I really didn't like how the anxiety/panic attacks were handled. I can't stand when a character suffering from something like this meets their significant other and it magically cures it. It's offensive to people that truly suffer from anxiety/depression and panic attacks and it's also really unbelievable. I would have much rather seen the character work through his issues WITH his partner. It would ...more
Sue bowdley
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-male
I love Silvia Violets books....Esp her Thorne And Dash series.....This was a good read....not my favourite but still a good short read....I read it in one day.....I kind of found it hard to like Adam....I kind of thought he was very harsh towards Nate.....I read some reviews on this whilst reading and noticed people complaining about Adam's Anxiety and panic attacks....and how he was magically cured....Well I must have missed that bit because no where did I read that he was cured of his attacks. ...more
Morgan  Skye
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great “Enemies to Lovers” story with some super sexy lingerie. Our guys have some deep animosity between them thanks to Adam’s father and they aren’t afraid to let things get loud.

They move pretty quickly into a sexual relationship and from there it’s a matter of working things out (mostly in Adam’s head).

If you love a little rough sex, some denial and a bit of inner angst – this is for you. Oh – and Manties!!!

Recommended

3.75 of 5 stars
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars!

Adam expected to inherit his father's business when he passed, but the old man decided to leave half the business to Nate Thomas, the head of the environment research department, and Adam's nearly complete opposite. Nate and Adam clash every time they cross paths, but when Adam realizes what kind of sexy underwear Nate uses, he starts seeing him in another light. Will these two men manage to compromise to save Kingston Corp. and perhaps see that they work well in other areas of their liv
⚣❣☙ Cocky™ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
3.5 Stars

Okay, so here's the thing: I LOVED the sexy parts. So hot, so good, so tantalizing. That Nate was the more dominant partner and yet was also the one in the manties realllllllllly cranked my engine, ya know?

But the rest was just kinda...well, meh.

I'll just go sit in the corner now. (With my manties pics, obvs.)
Dani Elle Maas
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
sweet story , well worth the read
i absolutely enjoyed it :)
Qin
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Rather a disappointment. The entire book rings hollow, and I found myself skipping not only the very detailed, graphic sex scenes (aficionados of filthy yet realistic and well choreographed lovemaking will find here their heart's satisfaction), but a few paragraphs of dull contents here and there. Not that the writing was subpar, or the dialogues in any way boring, artificial or over the top - quite the contrary; Mrs Violet combines a sure command of English with a sharp eye for sleek conversati ...more
Vanna
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! Sweet funny book.. 😍 with manties 👙 and lipstick.. 💄.. Ooh la la.
Tj
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adam is spoiled and defiantly likes getting his own way. Look below the surface.. you find someone with much more depth. Adam has tried and failed to get his father's attention. He is very good at running the product development for the his father's company but not so good at having a relationship with him. With his father's death things become more murky.

Adam learns after his father's death not only has he leveraged the corporation to buy less than profitable companies, but he also left half of
Silvia Violet writes fun, sexy stories that will leave you smiling and satisfied. She has a thing for characters who are in need of comfort and enjoys helping them surrender to love even when they doubt it exists. Silvia's stories include sizzling contemporaries, paranormals, and historicals. When she needs a break from listening to the voices in her head, she spends time baking, taking long walks ...more
More about Silvia Violet

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)