Start by marking “Blessed Trinity” as Want to Read:
Blessed Trinity

Blessed Trinity

(The Blessed Trinity Series #1)

Three sisters...one devastating secret.

Faith Alexandria Morrell, the oldest of a mysterious trio of sisters, lives a troubled life and guards a horrifying secret. Yet few, least of all her new church family, would believe this always-impeccably-dressed woman is so utterly lost. But what lies beneath the surface of Faith's carefully constructed veneer could completely des

Published May 1st 2007 by Dafina (first published September 9th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Blessed Trinity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blessed Trinity

Nicole Davis
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this author she is genuine in her love of writing as well as her love of the Lord she is a vessel that God uses to get his word out she loves her readers and she communicates with us one of the best authors around...
Arlena

Title: Blessed Trinity
Author: Vanessa Davis Griggs
Publisher: Dafina
Series: The Blessed Trinity Series #1
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"Blessed Trinity" by Vanessa Davis Griggs...

"Three sisters...one devastating secret.

"Faith Alexandria Morrell, the oldest of a mysterious trio of sisters, lives a troubled life and guards a horrifying secret. Yet few, least of all her new church family, would believe this always-impeccably-dressed woman is so utterly lost. But what lies beneath the su
Pearl
Sep 24, 2010 rated it liked it
While I only gave this book three stars, it was a good read. I struggled in the beginning it seem to be moving very slow, but I must say Vanessa really knows how to keep you wanting to know more. I especially like the opening of each chapter with a scripture that related to the chapter. Didn't really get the relationship with Pastor McKnight and Pastor Walker. Maybe I missed something, but it wasn't clear to me it seem as if there was something going on, but it never came out.
Tiffany
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-read
Wonderful book you almost have it figured out but then you don't. Really good book would suggest it to any one who likes a good read.
Wanica Dunn
Oct 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought this was a mediocre read. I kept reading because I was expecting more and although there was a nice twist at the end, I never got the "more" I was looking for...
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
An Ok Christian novel; too canned and predictable
Donna
Another great read to add to the Christian fiction genre. Rev Landis is back and has moved into his mega church.
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Joining a church is an awesome experience for anyone who is on a Christian walk of faith. Such was no less than the truth for Faith Alexandria Morrell who joined Followers of Jesus Faith Worship Center. But, just like many who join a church; she came with a past, with secrets, and heavy burdens. Such a past that it completely eludes those that she is attempting to get close to at the church. While wanting to help the First Lady of the church Mrs. Johnnie Mae Taylor-Landris, the issues of Faith b ...more
Cynthia
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it
For me the saving grace of this book was the scripture and sermonic references. The story was interesting. Writing OK but I probably would have benefited from reading the books that preceded this offering. It was clear that there was a back story that would have filled in the gaps I experienced in this book. Nevertheless it is an interesting story about "three" sisters and their relationship to a minister and his family. There are frequent references to the high drama in the Black church that we ...more
Kimmie
This book was spiritually inspirational......with a touch of mystery thrown into the mix! The character development kind of took up the majority of the first half of the book. After that, the book kind of took off. Parts of the book seemed predictable, but it was still a very good read.

The only downfall (not of the book but on my end) is that I wish that my copy were an actual book, and not an electronic version. There are so many parts that spoke spiritually to my heart.....I just want to tag
Kellee
Feb 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-d, hated-it
I couldn't finish this book as much as I tried. After wasting 8 days reading it and only being 32% thru, I finally gave up. I've read Christian fiction before, but this was overkill.

I don't like goody-two-shoe characters AT ALL and that's what I was getting from the Pastor and his wife. I didn't read the synopsis before I started this book. I went strictly on reviews. I just read the synopsis and I see there are a lot of secrets that are going to come out, but I don't have it in me to keep read
Sharon
Feb 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All my friends
Recommended to Sharon by: don't remember
And there was faith hope and charity there was sisters, who join Jesus Faith worship center under the leardership of pastor landris. These sisters was a mystery, they was living a trouble life and guards a horrifying secret.Pastor landris and his wife johnnie mae is there for the sisters until the secret comes out and people will look at these sisters. I love the Pator landris and johnnie mae story it started with beyond jordan, and then came wings of grace both are a five star read.
Adrienna
Dec 22, 2008 rated it liked it
This was a start of a new series, but still had Pastor Landis mentioned in this book as well. She added new characters like Charity, which refers to the bible about these three characteristics that God wants each one of us to have. She fooled me, remarkable, until I got to the end and realized it was all one person.
Vi Louise
I discovered this title while browsing audiobooks at my current library of employment. Not sure if the title was a give away or i'm just familiar with multiple personalities. This was ok for having something going in the car, but at the end the christian themes seeemed a little heavy - just my opinion.
Diane Rembert
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Blessed Trinity introduces the reader to sisters Faith, Hope and Charity, three unique individuals...but very much the same. Pastor George Landris and his wife, Johnnie Mae have moved to Alabama to start a new ministry and are faced with many, many obstacles.
I was blessed by this book, and would recommend it to others. On to the next installment!
Child960801
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
I found this book a little hard to get into at the start, but once I got going I really liked it. A story about a pastor and his wife starting a new church and how God works in their lives and brings them into contact with some young ladies that need help. Mental illness and aging are themes that are touched on.
Iris
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Girlllllll

You better go on and preach!! I thoroughly enjoyed the first book of this series and cannot wait to start book 2 tonight. I feel like I have been to church and received a good Word from the Lord. God bless miss...continue helping to build the Kingdom of God!
Pamela Thorpe
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
The story had potential. Great scripture references and good character development. The story takes too long to get to the point. It concludes but I feel like the reader gets cheated out of a solid ending.
Nicole
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mental illness is real! There are so many stigmas surrounding it, but it's doesn't change that it's real.

This book was inspirational and In my opinion Ms Vanessa does a marvelous job of portraying the process.
stacie
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
The part of the book I actually liked was how scripture passages were woven into the book with some explanations.

Otherwise, I kept reading the book thinking that the plot would improve. It didn't. And split personalities? Really?!?
Lee
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Faith, Hope, and Charity made Johnmae and Pastor Landris's life very interesting.

Observe the people around you.

On to Strongholds.
Lori Key hutchinson
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
she is also one of the best author love every one of her books
Sandra Menefee
Jun 25, 2013 rated it liked it
For some reason, as I was readying, it felt as if I had read the book before. Good reading. Started out confusing trying to connect the characters but it came together.
Lisa
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I so loved this book, very inspiring and so much food for thought!! WOW!!
Paula Slade
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Latanya
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
great read! griggs is one of my new fav authors!!!
Cheryl
Jul 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
I highly recommend this book. I was very suprised at the ending.
Glenda Taylor
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.
Janene
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! Vanessa Davis Griggs has a way of really addressing real life issues with the word of God. Her books have inspired and touch my life.
Ena Torres Almonte
dealing w/multiple personalities in a Christian world!
  • Jezebel
  • Let the Church Say Amen
  • Holy Ghost Corner
  • A Preacher's Passion (Hallelujah Love #3)
  • Temptation
  • The Amen Sisters
  • Destined
Vanessa Davis Griggs is the author of novels: DESTINY UNLIMITED, THE ROSE OF JERICHO, PROMISES BEYOND JORDAN, WINGS OF GRACE, BLESSED TRINITY, STRONGHOLDS, IF MEMORY SERVES and PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH, GOODNESS AND MERCY, THE TRUTH IS THE LIGHT, RAY OF HOPE,, REDEEMING WATERS, FOREVER SOUL TIES, THE OTHER SIDE OF GOODNESS, THE OTHER SIDE OF DARE, THE OTHER SIDE OF DIVINE, STEELY GRAY and COUNTL ...more

The Blessed Trinity Series (9 books)
  • Strongholds
  • If Memory Serves (The Blessed Trinity Series, #3)
  • Practicing What You Preach (The Blessed Trinity Series, #4)
  • Goodness and Mercy (Blessed Trinity)
  • The Truth Is The Light (The Blessed Trinity Series, #6)
  • The Other Side of Goodness