Start by marking “I Stole His Car (Love at First Crime, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Stole His Car (Love at First Crime, #1)

I Stole His Car

(Love at First Crime #1)

She stole his car, so he stole her heart…

I saw something I never should have seen.
I took something they wanted back.
I was desperate.
Alone.
Hunted.
So, I did something I never would have normally done.
I stole a car.
Not just any car.
His car.
Now I have no choice but to trust him.
Only he can help me get out of this mess.
Then, when we both become hunted,
And when feelings begin
Kindle Edition
Published September 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about I Stole His Car, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Stole His Car

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
I Stole His Car is book one in the series, Love at First Crime, by Jessica Frances.

Ava leads a very predictable life in Chicago. She works as a temp so she has no office friends. She goes home to a predictable evening. Her boyfriend, Brian, is an FBI agent so he is out of town more than in town. But when he is home, she spends quiet evenings at his home. Her routines never varied, until her life was turned upside down. Until she discovered her boyfriend of eighteen months was not who she thought
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionOK cover on this one. It is a decent representation of the story. The composition is good as well. I am not a fan of the title work. I think it would have looked better straight and lowered a bit.description

descriptionSo I basically went into this one blind. I haven't read anything by this author before and I didn't read any reviews before I cracked this open and hoped for the best. Well, let me just say luck was in my favor this time because I thoroughly enjoyed this book from beginning to end (minus the epilogue...
Cyndi
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe
A good read! I would have loved Zander's POV and a longer and more in depth epilogue.
Jasmine
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who enjoys reading crime stories.
I Stole His Car was an incredibly written crime novel by Jessica Frances and it was also my first time reading her work. I was deeply intrigued by the synopsis and later, in the first chapter, I knew I’d love this book after seeing our female protagonist, a 24-year-old web designer, Ava, have such an unexpected yet hilarious encounter with our lovely Zander, who was a 28-year-old personal investigator.

To begin with, as the title of the book implied, Ava stole “his” (Zander’s) car AND in the mea
Carol
3.5-4 stars.
My first foray into a Jessica Frances book and this crime-caper/ romantic suspense novel was really good. I was drawn in by how original the storyline was.
Ava is a woman running away from a terrifying discovery involving her now ex boyfriend Brian (an FBI agent).
In her desperation to get away, she attempts to steal a car and then realizes there's a little kid (Van) in the car. Since she cannot kidnap a child she is forced to return the car and child to it's owner where upon she meet
Story_girl
After seeing very high ratings for almost every book by this author, I was more than intrigued to read her books for quite some time. So I went into this one with high expectations and I'm happy to say that I was in no way disappointed.

Zander and Van have lost their parents and are heavily grieving. Twelve year old Van is not coping well and has detached himself from people. His only interaction is when he lashes out in anger at his much older brother. Zander is overwhelmed dealing with his own
Tina
Okay how did I not know about this book?

I enjoyed it so much!! Not only it was safe but it was fun, lovely and loved the characters. Both hero and heroine were brave people that I felt chemistry and also hero's little brother was cute and funny. Often I don't like children in books because they are annoying (sorry but when someone writes about little child talking like freaking Einstein I just can't roll my eyes enough), but here I loved Van so much he was fun and he was hurting but loved his br
Annika
description

The blurb made me curious, the first chapter instantly hooked me, and the amazing characters and funny narration both kept me entertained throughout the entire book.

This was a great start to a new series, following Ava, who's on the run from her ex after discovering something about him she never wanted to know. Hungry, terrified and desperate, she decides to steal a car to get away from him as far as possible. Problem: in her distracted state, she doesn't notice the kid lounging in the passenger
Janja
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

I have been following the author for several years, but since her previous stories do not match me according to the genre, I could hardly wait for Avo.
I do not usually write long reviews, because I don't know how, but I can do my best.
Ava is a modest girl who runs for her life from danger of her ex boyfriend,that in one moment she steals a car. That the confusion is completely , besides stolen car there is a child in it, ( brother of the owner of the car) which is P.I.
To not write about the co
Alex ♈
Love story was nice.
Likable characters, cute kid.

But the suspense/drama was about rape and torture of women. And there was definitely NOT enough justice on page. After reading about rape, even semi detailed, I expected to read about torture of all these abhorrent assholes, who hurt and killed many women. But nada. They were arrested. And?!
Plus no mention of what happened to women they saved.
With at least 1 detailed torture-scene of rapist I would give it 4 stars.

If I read about dark themes, I
Katerina
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
A few months ago I nearly finished this book. Thought I would come back to it when I was less busy but I never did. I think the vibe the cover and synopsis gave me is that it would have epic banter, teasing and that really hot romantic undertone. In reality, they were not passionate enough and it was a little boring, just lacking though safe.
Jessica Frances
Jun 01, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
***New Romantic Suspense series coming soon!***
Elena
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 amaizing stars!!!
I'm in love in this book))))
Dawn Herring
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story revolves around private investigator Zander, damsel-in-distress Ava, and Zander's little brother, Van. It is a light read with a nice blend of suspense, romance, humor, and angst. I thought the characters were well developed and that the plot moved at a nice pace. I never got bored or found myself skimming; I was thoroughly immersed in these characters' lives as they tried to sort through the trouble Ava found herself in after seeing something she shouldn't have. I loved the opening s ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆
~Jenny
I will admit it did take me a few pages to get into the story but once I did I could not put my kindle down. Ava's life is turned upside down when she sees something she shouldn't have. In danger and desperate to get off the streets, she steals a car.
Zander is the owner of the car and when Ava returns the vehicle he decides to help her.
The story is fast pace. The characters Ava, Zander and his younger brother Van were very entertaining and had me laughing. There were great supporting
Sowm
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are like me in your first reaction, and don’t want to read the book after looking at the title & book cover, well ! Think again.
I enjoyed this very much. Apart from the actual crime scenario that is.
Van is adorable , Ava is cute & Zander is a rock !
--Roxx-- • A Hopeless Romantic •
I loved this book!!! Short sweet and to the point! Van did in fact steal my heart and both Ava and Zander acted like level headed adults! Solid 5 Star book for me! Also it cracked me up throughout, which is always a plus for me =]
Kodie Mackay
Being honest I went into this story with low expectations. I've been in a rut of re reading old favourites because I had no idea what I wanted in a book and to be truthful I couldn't be bothered starting a book I potentially didn't want to finish. This year I've stuck to my safety zone of authors I know and love which is sucky cause I'm clearly missing out.
I've never heard of this author never mind read anything by her but I for sure will be browsing her books in the future because she blew my
Anna
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think that Love at First Crime series is exactly the kind of read I've been looking for.
I like the fact that this book (and the series) has a very catchy title, that you kind of can't help but pay attention to (at least, that's how it made me react to it). And I'm pleased to say that it's content is just as good as the title makes it out to be. Very good and gripping writing and an interesting story that sucked you in immediately.
If you're a fan of Kristen Ashley's Rock chick and Dream men s
Courtney Green
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
*ARC from NetGalley for Honest Review*

I Give this Book 3 Stars

This is a Fast Paced, ‘Light’ Suspense Romance, and I guess Insta-Love (ish)

And I definitely say Light Suspense, because from other Suspense books I’ve read that were deeper and darker in suspense that made you jitter and crave more... this seemed like the suspense was just tossed in the background for extra flavor and wait till the ending or quite near it to make a big deal about it.

It definitely has a ‘
Bella
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect that this story will be so intense and full of action after reading an expert. But the story sucks you in and you can not stop reading it. It is just POV from Ava so we don't see Zanes part of the story but is really not necessary Ava is really thorough. So we see Ava on the run but she does describe her character before the run and I so didn't like that person. This running shows her that she is different people strong caring determined and someone who is willing to change. And ...more
Deborah
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this novel.
This book was a real blast. I loved the mystery behind Brian and Ava and why Ava was on the run. This part of the book was really exciting and gave the right feeling to why Ava and Zander ended up being sexual lyrics involved.
I particularly enjoyed the way that Ava reconciled the two brothers-Zander and Van, after the death of their parents. What a great result became of stealing Zanders Car!
I read this book in one sitting as I wanted to know what was going to happ
Charlotte Isaac
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
This was a very interesting read, and hits on some tough subjects. But I really loved how this book flowed, and written very well.

I loved Ava, she may be scared, but she knows right from wrong. She is loving, but she is also very on her own in the world. She is not scared to speak her mind.

I loved Zander, he may seem moody, and rude but he has been through a lot in his life. He is hard working, but also cares deeply for his brother Vaughn even though he don't show it well.

This book made me laug
Lynda
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sandra
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4,5 perfect stars!
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Literally. The. Cutest. I'm always more drawn to books when there are cute kids / babies who are attached to the Hero / heroines. It always makes for more of an interesting premise.
Jae
Fast paced and funny. My favourite kind of book.
Kristin Campbell
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
Review to come.
Brandy Roberts
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I stole His Car is a rare find it drew me in right from the start you add the twists , turns, the unexpectedness and characters you fall for . I connected to the story line , characters , the plot was very unique , length was perfect , and the cover is awesome . This would also be my first story that I read by Jessica Frances and plan on reading whats to come . Loved Ava she was such a likable heroine she's been through a lot after finding out what her boyfriends been up to and that something wa ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: duplicate book listing 3 13 Sep 19, 2017 05:31AM
  • The Fortuneteller's Folly  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Way of the Shadows (Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory, #8)
  • Dark Lies (Valorian Chronicles #2)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Obsession (Fortress Security #7)
  • Novak (A Born Bratva Novella)
  • For Your Paws Only (Supernatural Enforcers Agency, #2)
  • Dangerous Protector (Red Stone Security, #14)
  • Eternally (Guardians #1)
  • Morgan's Fate (True Destiny, #4)
  • Claused (Christmas Bears #2)
  • Intricate Love (Sinful Souls MC #2)
  • Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
  • Owned by the Outlaw (The Grizzly MC, #6)
  • The Villain (Bad Boys, #4)
  • Lucien's Delight (Dalakis Passion, #2)
Reader. Author. Book Hoarder.

Feel free to add me as a friend on here or email me if you have any questions: jessicafrances_author@yahoo.com.au

I am only on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JessicaFranc...

I do not have Twitter, Instagram, or any other forms of social media. (I technically have a google account, but I don't understand that AT ALL)

Love at First Crime (5 books)
  • I Knocked Him Out (Love at First Crime, #2)
  • I Burned Down His House (Love at First Crime, #3)
  • I Broke Into His Office (Love at First Crime, #4)
  • I Blackmailed Her Brother (Love at First Crime, #5)