Start by marking “Who Killed My Husband?” as Want to Read:
Who Killed My Husband?

Who Killed My Husband?

Ashley Crandall finally convinced her husband, Allan, to attend the Christian men’s retreat...but he ends up dead there. What happened to him on the campgrounds? Who would want to kill Allan? And why are the detectives pointing fingers at Ashley? In her quest to solve the mystery and clear her name, Ashley will learn something about her husband that she didn’t want to know ...more
Published June 22nd 2017 by MLStimpson Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Who Killed My Husband?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Killed My Husband?

Start your review of Who Killed My Husband?
Joanna Smith
Shelves: ebooks
WOW! Very powerful story! I really enjoyed this short story - and wish it had lasted just a little bit longer! I wasn't quite ready for it to end. I love how personable the author made Ashley with the sharing of her feelings and emotions. I could really relate to her struggles with her faith and her husband being unevenly yoked. I'm a hopeless romantic so, of course, I was devastated with the unhappy ending and wished that I could have shared and rejoiced with Ashley at the end when her husband ...more
Dee Cherry
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a good short read that kept me intrigued throughout. I felt sad for Ashley and her losses & was hoping the truth would come out soon. Celeste was a true Christian friend. Good storyline.
T.A. Beasley
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wife will be loyal and will do whatever it takes to make her marriage work, which is the case in Who Killed My Husband? by Michelle Stimpson. Ashley Crandall’s last resort is asking her husband to attend a men’s retreat in hopes of it saving her marriage and bringing her husband closer to God. Ashley doesn’t know those couple of days will definitely change her life, but not the way in which she thought it would. Ashely and Allen have been struggling with the loss of their son, but this is not ...more
Latanya
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! This story and characters were so heart moving! I felt Ashly's pain. Loosing the life of a loved one is hard; but two?! This seems almost unbearable! Even during times such as these, God's love & comfort comes barreling through like a healing balm. This story really touched my heart! Ashly felt that nothing was getting through to Allen. She thought God's words and her helpof life were NOT being received in her husband's heart. We oftentimes think this same way when we don't see the result ...more
Catspirit
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Simpson has done it again

I have read all of Michael Simpsons books starting with the Mama B series which was my favorite. I have loved each and every one of her books. She is a Christian writer so her stories all have Christ interttwined in her charactors lives and how he can work in all of our lives. Her charactors seem very real and the fictional stories are the kind you can't put down until you find out what happens. Who Killed my Husband was relatively short but I couldn't guess who the
Arlena Dean

Title: How Killed My Husband?
Author: Michelle Stimpson
Publisher: ML Stimpson Enterprises
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:

"Who Killed My Husband" by Michelle Stimpson

My Thoughts....

What a good mystery read as we find out just who killed Ashley's husband. The author gives us so many different emotions from the read from 'pain of loosing a child, greed, loss, faith shaken, drama, uncertainty, hope forgiveness, betrayal, murder, fear, patience, love and in the end there is redemption and
Adrienna
I wondered how to respond to a passage in the novel.

For Christ loved the church is how a Husband is to love his wife (believe this is found in ephesians 5); but the character Ashley quoted this in a jokingly matter on if her Allan can love her as such then she could be submissive. Why does it have to be conditionally in order to do her part? If you love and respect your mate early on, submission should be easy.

I felt at times, Ashley could be quite critical and /or judgmental as a believer. He
Ellowyn
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this short story by Michelle Stimpson. I understand this to be a little different genre from what the author currently writes and I must say she did an outstanding job.

Allan and Ashley has some issues in their marriage and Ashley suggests for him to attend a men's retreat. Ashley didn't realize at the end of the retreat her husband would have been murdered? All Ashley wants to know is "Who Killed Her Husband?"

I recommend this mystery story to anyone who would likes to read a fas
Karen
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this short story. Awesome job Michelle. Ashley and Allan has some issues in their marriage. Allan attends a men’s Christian retreat to please Ashley. Allan was a DJ and in the process of buying a radio station. Ashley was not happy with the types of parties Allan attended or the music he listened to. Ashely wanted her husband to be more obedient to God, they lost their son due to illness. Ashely receives the news that her husband is dead. We must learn to let go and let God. God ...more
Shavonna
Powerful story!!

Ashley and Allan unevenly yoked, Ashley thinks by Allan going to a men's retreat will make him into a believer. Ashley was hoping the retreat would change her and Allan life's, little that she knew that the day she dropped him off at the treat would be her last time seeing her husband alive.

This was a powerful short story about many things we struggle with during Our walk with God, Ashley was struggling hard with her faith and her walk with Christ. Very good book.
Burgundy
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an easy and quick read for me. It was also a new genre from Michelle Stimpson. This is the story of Ashley and her husband. Ashley is saved,her husband is not. Ashley thinka that if he goes to a retreat just for men that he will find his way to Christ. But what she did not expect is for him to be killed. Even though this is an short story there was still enough in the story to keep my attention. And always there is a message. Now you have to read the story to find out what the message i ...more
Idrissa Uqdah
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful short!

I read this short story earlier today while waiting at the doctor's office. It was a perfect read! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am a fan of this author, so I expected her to bring her best and she did not disappoint me.

I just loved the relationships between the women in Ashley's life. The back story brought so much to the storyline.

And the message was clear. God saves us because He loves us! And only He can bring us joy in our pain. We are bruised by the lows in life but we a
Izehi
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
No doubt, I am always excited to hear that Michelle Stimpson is coming out with a new book. I was intrigued when I realized her latest was also going to be a mystery. It’s so exciting and refreshing to see a story with African American Christian characters in a suspenseful work. She provided material to provoke thought on a number of topics: grief, fidelity, friendship, and more. I was easily drawn into the story line, and I would love to see more mysteries from her!

The Modern Bookzilla
I loved it

This story was so well written. I finished it in one sitting because it was so intriguing. I really loved how the main character Ashley had a close friend that gave her amazing spiritual advice and encouragement throughout every situation she was going through. Even when Ashley was lashing out due to grief and stress, her friend Celeste still was there for support and love. I highly recommend.
Celeste
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
In God's perfect timing

We all come to Christ as the spirit draws us. In the end only what we do for God will last. This journey to discover who killed Allan was swift. As we know the spouse is always the primary suspect. Ashley seeking answers both in the spirit and the natural was helpful with Celeste by her side.

Karen Rowe
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He lived happily ever after in the Lord

Good Story.

I liked the mystery. He went to a retreat but was killed while there. This should have been a safe place. What happened? Obviously Ashley hadn't ever watched or read a mystery. The spouse is always the major suspect first.

The ending is powerful.
SD Johnson
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
A good short read. The best part about this book was the theme and message. The cover drew me in and the message kept me. Overall it was a quick and easy read with a slow start. The book picks up towards the end with a surprising twist. The only downfall I can say about this book is that I wished it had more suspense, being that it is a mystery.
Tosha
Powerful

This may have been a short story but the messages in it are huge. This story is about grief, anger, trust and finally acceptance. Who Killed my Husband is proof that God can use anything to get his message to you.
JOI E BOYD
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a book!!!

I started reading this book and thought it was going another way. But was I surprised. Michelle you are always blessing someone with your books. Please continue wrting..
Ms. Cecil
God's Plan

Phenomenal story of pain, friendship, greed, loss, faith, uncertainty, hope, forgiveness, betrayal, doubt, fear, love, redemption and salvation!!!! Michelle, you have done it again!!!!Two thumbs up!!
Norma Meeder
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER GOOD BOOK

I TRY TO READ ALL OF THIS AUTHORS BOOKS AS I KNOW I WILL ENJOY THE STORY AND RECEIVE A BLESSING FROM GOD SINCE I DO PRAY ALONG WITH THE CHARACTERS.PLEASE READ,YOU WILL LOVE IT..
Lee Holden, E.
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Excellent read, I enjoyed the characters and the storyline. It was an excellent story of life. Ashley's prayers were answered, but not in the way she wanted. I recommend this book.
Asha Wade
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good, short page turning read

A good short story that will minister to your heart. It kept me interested. Just when I thought I knew what happened .... surprise! I recommend this read to anyone that likes a good suspense.
Gladys Mills
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who killed my husband. This book was intense and thrilling! I enjoyed reading the story and trying to figure out who killed Ashley's husband. The police wanted to pin the murder on Ashley, but Ashley was determined to find out the truth and make someone pay. She especially wanted them to pay after she found out that Allan had given his life to the Lord and wanted to make his marriage work. She discovered things she didn't know about her husband that made her question their relationship. The book ...more
Victoria
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read book, any book by Michelle Stimpson is a must read book.
Regina
Great read

Wow!!!
This was a very good book.
I loved the story.
The mystery and characters.
I plan to read more of this author books.

Crystal
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good easy read

Another good book by one of my favorite authors which will have you questioning yourself, what would you do and how would you feel?
Latasha Williams
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read

I think it was a great christian story. I would have loved to see it play out a little more.
Michelle Wright
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good short story

Well written short story about a husband who goes on a men's retreat and ends up dead. Who wanted Allan dead? What was Allan involved in? Read to find out.
Vanessa
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting

This is a interesting book about a relationship with God and your spouse. Interest read and most detailing about relationship.

• You Gotta Sin to Get Saved
  • Every Little Step: My Story
  • A Taste of Reality
  • When I'm Tempted (A Promises of God Novel Book 3)
  • A Walk in the Park
  • Cellmates (Southside collection)
  • Across the Way (The Neighbors #3)
  • Though I Stumble (Promises of God #1)
  • Diary Of A Broken Doll
  • Sinner Man: A Short Prequel
  • My Soul Cries Out
  • The Lyon's Den
  • Soul Confessions
  • Purple City: The complete collection (Purple City Tales)
Michelle Stimpson is the national bestselling author of more than 30 books and 50 short stories. Her works include Boaz Brown, Divas of Damascus Road (National Bestseller), and the award-winning Mama B series.

News & Interviews