Jump to ratings and reviews

Demented Revengers MC: Quitman Chapter #2

Surviving, One Day at a Time

I fought my way to become the youngest president of the Demented Revengers MC.
I have my brothers respect and the love of our family.
I was never good enough for my first love, Jilly.
She ran away from me and took part of me and my heart with her but she's back now and she wants me.
Gracie is the woman I crave. She's carrying my child but she's promised her heart to another man.
A man I once called friend. Lesson in life, there are no friends, only brothers.
Now the Demented Revengers MC is racing against the clock to bring back an innocent child.
We are ruthless.
We are unforgiving.
We are SURVIVING, ONE DAY AT A TIME.
***Warning***
Surviving, One Day at a Time is part of a series that needs to be read in order.
Surviving For Tomorrow is the first book in the series and needs to be read first.
***Warning***This book is intended for adults 18+. This book contains adult situations and language, drug use and sexual activity. Mature readers only. If any of this is offensive to you this may not be the book for you.
***Warning***
This ebook also includes two novellas.
Only In Their Dreams

Loading interface...

About the author

Vera Quinn

39 books238 followers
I have been an avid reader since I was taught to read. I was the oldest of six children and reading was a getaway for me. When my sister became sick she encouraged me to write my first book. That was in 2015 and I released my first book in March 2016. I love to read, write and share books. I am a wife, a mom, and a grandma so the only problem I have is finding the time to get it done. I have been married to my husband for 23 years and he is my person and strongest supporter.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 (2%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 43 reviews
Profile Image for Coco.V.
46.3k reviews4 followers
Want to read
November 23, 2018
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/23/2018)!💝

Blurb:
I fought my way to become the youngest president of the Demented Revengers MC.
I have my brothers respect and the love of our family.
I was never good enough for my first love, Jilly.
We are ruthless.
We are unforgiving.
We are SURVIVING, ONE DAY AT A TIME.

***Warning***

This ebook also includes two novellas.
Only In Their Dreams
Rules In Life
Profile Image for Jamie Ellis.
1,131 reviews9 followers
August 9, 2017
Loved it

Great addition to this and can't wait to the next. Little twists and some unraveling but got a long way to go can't wait.
Thanks
Profile Image for Paula.
708 reviews2 followers
November 29, 2019
Quinn, Vera . . . Surviving, One Day At A Time (Demented Revengers MC, Quitman Chapter, Book 2)

Gracie married Brody. She has just found out she is pregnant with Rebel’s child from a one night stand. As Brody, Gracie and Audie are crossing the street a motorcycle barrels down the street, hits Jilly and throws her up in the air.

Rebel was on his way to meet with everyone now that they have told him Gracie is pregnant.

When Jilly can see people her dr tells them what she suffered and mentions “the rest she has to tell you herself. Everyone but Miss Gladys heard that. Gracie tells the guys she will ask Jilly about “the rest.”

Jilly has come home to die and get her first love (Antonio) back. Now she knows getting him back won’t happen with his feelings for Gracie. It won’t happen tomorrow, and she wants it to be on her terms, not with people feeling sorry for her. She admits to Gracie she has cardiomyopathy and her heart is only working at 60%.

Instead of protecting Gracie and Shelby from whomever is after them, Brody decides he still loves Jilly. He actually “pawns” off Gracie and Shelby to Rebel for protection. Rebel doesn’t mind but Gracie is broken hearted with how he is acting since they had made their lifetime plans and he was going to adopt Shelby. As Gracie is leaving Brody’s house to go over to Miss Audi’s house she is knocked out and Shelby is taken. Rebel is beside himself, as in Gracie.

This part of the saga takes a lot of twists and turns and before I knew it, I had started to dislike Jilly and Brody with their attitudes toward Gracie and Shelby.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
I am listing the Characters so I can keep them straight.

Gracie Roberts
1. 23 years old
2. Married to Brody Garrette Samms
3. Pregnant with a child by Antonio Sanchez.

Shelby Roberts
1. 1 year old
2. Shelby and Kendall Giles daughter.
3. Brody has started the process to adopt her.

Jilly Franks
1. ER nurse who helps Gracie escape from Kendall
2. Brody’s cousin by adoption and Kaden’s sister.
3. Had been pregnant with Antonio’s baby when she left for college. He didn’t know. She had
a miscarriage, hemorrhaged and needed an emergency hysterectomy.
4. Her husband, Kevin, helped her through this time in her life but now he wants children
so she gives him a divorce since they can’t adopt because of her being diagnosed with
depression after her miscarriage.

Brody Garrette Samms
1. Charlie was the deputy sheriff the night Brody’s mom OD’d.
a. He brought him home to Gladys.
b. They fostered him for 2 years until they found his biological father, Brent Garrette.
c. Brent signed the adoption papers with the stipulation Brody keep Brent’s last name.
2. Adopted cousin of Jilly
3. BFF with Jilly and Rebel growing up.
4. Went into the Marines.
5. Became a Bounty Hunter, and a good one, when he went back into civilian ife.

Kaden & Laura Samms
1. Jilly’s Brother & sister in-law
2. Drove Gracie and Shelly from their hometown to WInnsboro.
3. Twin 12-year-old boys

1. Gracie’s ex and Shelby’s dad

Lorraine Giles
1. Kendall Giles’s mom and Shelby’s grandma

Tyler and Shane
1. Brody’s business partners.
2 Bounty hunters like Brody whom he hired when business picked up.

Kevin Franks
1. Jilly’s ex husband.

Gerrod Henderson
1. Jade’s half brother

Demented Revengers MC: Quitman Chapter
Antonio “Rebel” Sanchez
1. President
2. Audie’s son.
3. Grew up across the street from Brody and next door to Jilly.
4. Had been in love with Jilly when they were in high school.

Spinner-VP

Dawg Man- Road Captain (Sylvie is his ol’ lady)

Lane “Sin” Phillips
1. SAA
2. Went with Gracie, and Kaden, to her ultrasound where she found out the sex of she and
Rebel’s baby.
3. Let him know that under no terms was he, or Kaden, to tell what the sex of the baby is to
Rebel.

Tim- prospect

Crowder-prospect

Club Girls
Jade
1. Considered Rebel’s woman.
2. When she sabotages Rebel’s “relationship” with Gracie he throws her out of the
clubhouse denying her access to it again.
3. She wants to pay him back for being sent away.
Whinny
1. One of Jade’s “henchwomen.
Sugar
1. Jade’s other “henchwomen.

Demented Revengers MC: Tyler Chapter (Mother Chapter)

Cap – President

Shine – VP

Con – SAA
Profile Image for Michelle Austin.
2,603 reviews30 followers
December 10, 2018
description

Surviving, One Day At a Time was a great 5 star read and book two in Demented Revengers MC: Quitman Chapter.

We start where book one left off, everyone is at the hospital waiting to find out how Jilly is doing. Jilly has come back home and she has some secrets. After the accident she is forced to share a huge one that changes everything.

Brody was right next to Jilly protecting her and trying to find out what happened. While doing this he has neglected the two people he had promised to protect, Gracie and Shelby. He in turn asks Rebel to help protect them. WTH, dude your her husband.

Rebel of course loves them and would do anything to protect them. He quickly moves them into the clubhouse to keep them safe, and he once again determined to get Gracie in his bed.

Will Rebel be able to keep them safe? Who was the target and Why?

Gracie is so confused at what is going on and why the ones she thought were her friends have changed so much? We watch Gracie change into a much stronger character in this book and I loved it, time to shine my dear.

I just want to feel safe for a little while and then I will deal with the harsh realities of the real world. - Gracie

I quickly learned in book one that Vera is not afraid to shock you and switch things up. She has done it once again in this book and I LOVED it. You go from loving some characters to shock at just how much they change. Some get theirs in the end and I was happy to see that as well. There are so many edge of your seat moments. There is lots of action, danger, love and so much more. My head was spinning with emotions waiting to see what else was coming. We end with a lead into the next book in the series. Vera has quickly become a favorite of mine and I can’t wait to read more from this must read series.

Alpha Book Club
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. Reviewed by MAustin from Alpha Book Club
Profile Image for Bridgette Christophers.
22 reviews1 follower
June 26, 2018
The second book in the series was most definitely not what I expected.It was way better. As Rebel and Gracie's story continued, the twists and unexpected turns most definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. As their story continued unfolding and play out, the writer most definitely kept me enthralled in the lives of the characters. Well written, an easy read a story that draws you into the middle of drama, loyalty, and loss. What I enjoyed most about this book, was not knowing what to expect. The writer kept me captivated from the first page to the last. The story is elaborate, the writer brings the characters to life and the drama is most definitely entertaining, to say the least.

I still love Gracie, from the very first book, her strength, and determination undoubtedly make her character stand out. Observing her transform from this anxious, fearing young women into a bold and spirited woman was intriguing the most definitely had me encouraging her on (often verbally and loud). Rebel is absolutely awesome and his determination to win Gracie back most definitely made for compelling reading. Jilly and Brody turned out to offer the biggest surprise of all, not once did I see that coming. I must admit, though, I cannot help but feel sympathetic for Brody. I like believing his heart is in the right place and he too is a victim in this whole unpleasant situation. (See, totally drawn right into the lives of these characters)

The book is brilliantly written, the writer has made sure to keep you captivated on every word, you cannot help but get pulled into the story from the first page. Well done to Vera Quinn on another enjoyable read. I cannot wait to see how this story of love, betrayal, backstabbing and the what the true meaning of love and friendship means to Gracie, Rebel and Brody as this all continues to unfold in the upcoming book. This book was intriguing, to say the least, and part of a series I would most definitely recommend.
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.8k reviews129 followers
December 13, 2018
Surviving, One Day at a Time is NOT A STAND ALONE, SO YOU MUST READ Surviving Tomorrow (Book 1) FIRST! Rebel was in love with Jilly back in the day, but he's not anymore, even though she has come home. He's in love with Gracie, who's carrying his child, but she's with Brody. Yeah, thinks are super complicated, but first he has to figure out who's out to hurt Gracie, since Brody has left her in Rebel's protection. Brody really pissed me off in this installment, as he dropped the ball big time. I'm not saying the why of it wasn't correct, but the way of it definitely left something to be desired, and I'm not sure that I'll ever forgive him for it, as he was a giant douche. And Jilly, what the absolute hell?! If things weren't complicated enough with this triangle, Jilly is thrown in. As far as I'm concerned, if Gracie had just disappeared, I wouldn't have blamed her at all with the way things went, as I didn't even see some of it coming to be honest. So those twists were brutal, and a lot of them were just the very first part of the story, so my f-bombs were coming in strong from the beginning. After all the drama, poor Rebel had his work cut out for him, as Gracie just wanted to take care of Shelby & new baby when born, so yeah, a lot of questions had to be answered in this book, and luckily they were, but boy it wasn't an easy journey by any means. My emotions were tapped out by the end, as Vera Quinn put me through the paces with a story that I was totally all in for. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Profile Image for Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews.
850 reviews2 followers
December 14, 2018
Alright look after finishing the first book I was a bit weary coming into this book. I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I wanted to come into this book with an open mind for the character's and give them another chance.

I will say that this book, like the first book, brought forth some surprises I wasn't expecting.

Man Brody..... He was a major d*(k in this book. I mean seriously I know I thought in the first book she made him way too sweet. But in this book he was just an ar$ehole. I have never wanted an author to kill off a character as much as I wanted Mrs. Quinn to get rid of Brody.

I was happy to see that Rebel and Gracie had pulled their $h*t together enough to figure out they belonged together.

Look this book about pi$$ed me off as much as the first one. It almost came to the point of not finishing the book. But I pushed through and finished. I will say I think the aspect of having the love triangle just ruined the whole thing. At times I felt like the relationships between the characters were forced. And I kind of felt like at times the author was just trying to throw Gracie in a relationship and not give her time to heal.

I'm giving this book another 3.5 Stars out of 5!!!!

***I received a copy of this book for my honest opinion***
Profile Image for Kate_mrs539.
378 reviews7 followers
June 21, 2018
This was an intense ride from beginning to end. Fans of love triangles, MC stories and constant drama throughout will really enjoy this one.

I stumbled upon this read and read it in one sitting. The action is pretty much constant from beginning to end. I think my only complaint was that I didn't realize there was a book one. That was my mistake. I probably would have started at book one had I done better research. Will a reader be able to keep up? Yes. But I missed out on a bunch of important information by not reading book one. If there is a book three, I will be going back to start over so I am truly up to date.

The fire within Rebel is a hot one. That is one guy that should capture the hearts of many readers. He is intense and his feelings for Gracie burn pretty hot. He is determined to get what he wants all while being very protective of her and Shelbie. He was truly the star of this story for me.

This book took me through many emotions, which is what I look for in a good read. I like to be all over the place, feeling everything and I definitely got that here. From elation, to anger, to lust...readers will get it all!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens with this MC.

Giving Surviving, One Day at a Time 4 stars.
Profile Image for Donna Parrott.
452 reviews6 followers
July 16, 2018
Okay I want to start this out by saying that this cover is one of my favorite covers I have seen in a long tome. I am a huge fan, A HUGE FAN, of men's shoulders. Yes I do know I am weird but what can I say I like what I like.
If you haven't read the first in the Demented Revengers MC then I suggest you stop what your doing and head on over and read that amazing book.
Now in this book you have the triangle continuing, Rebel, Gracie, and Brody. but hello the author through in Jilly. She is back to claim what is hers. Rebel will do whatever he can to protect Jilly even if he loves Gracie with her whole heart and she is married to Brody. Seeee the plot thickens. all the twists and turns and club girls definitely keep you one your toes. All the Action and drama starts out fast and doesn't seem to stop. it goes Hard and Fast, just the way I like my men like Rebel. I can not wait to get my little hands on book 3. I know its going to be amazing.
240 reviews1 follower
May 16, 2018
This book is just as great as the first book in this series. Now, you have love triangle with Gracie, Brody, and Rebel’s story continues and we add Jilly in the mix. Jilly is back in her hometown to claim her old flame that she ran away from years ago. Of course, it will complicate matters. Rebel will do anything to protect Jilly even if he is not in love with her anymore. You have the crazy club girl Jade going after Gracie to make her pay since Rebel loves Gracie even if she married to Brody. This book will keep you on your toes with all the twists and turns you did not see coming. Loved it. I am hooked that I purchased book 3 in this series to see what happens with Gracie, Jilly, Brody, and Rebel.
Profile Image for Michelle  Brown.
625 reviews4 followers
June 20, 2018
Most Enjoyable But...

Yay book 2 was here and looking forward to seeing where this story went.

Still love Gracie and it was great to see her grow a pair of lady balls and stand up for herself. Rebel was freaking awesome and just love this guy. Jilly was a big surprise on how her character developed. Brody would have to be my big dissappointment which is sad to say.

The action was all happening, thick and fast. Was loving this book, getting right into it and then it was the end. WTH....?? Was extremely surprised to find it ended when it did.

I guess I need to get straight on to book 3.
Profile Image for Connie.
202 reviews7 followers
November 18, 2018
This is the continuation of Gracie and Shelby, with a lot ot twist and turns and an emotional rollercoaster.
A love triangle between Brody, a bounty hunter, Gracie and Rebel, Pres if the Demented Revengers MC.
I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. The drama, suspense, action, and once again the betrayal. My heart was racing, my nerves were on edge. I was angry and sadden. Now they are in a race to protect a young child. This is a life or death situation.

It is well written. The characters are strong and the plot is amazing. Now I am waiting for the next book.
I would highly recommend this book. Great job Vera Quinn!
Profile Image for Nancy.
227 reviews
June 9, 2017
Surviving One Day at a Time is my second Vera Quinn book toady, what can I say I'm hooked! Gracie ran from a bad situation, then ran again when part of it followed her. She had a choice, what she thought was the right decision, the good decision, the smart decision, Brody. Her other choice, the rough, tough, controlling biker one, Rebel the one that seemed wrong. Problem is things are not always what they seem...I cant get enough of this town, these people, this family bikers and otherwise. More Vera I want more, I need more. Officially addicted, fantastic read, Loved it :)
Profile Image for Misty Sulouff.
199 reviews11 followers
May 17, 2018
I am loving this series! I absolutely love Gracie. She's strong and independent. I was rooting for Gracie and Brody but I've quickly changed my mind. Rebel is tattooed, bad boy in a biker gang, yum!! But should Gracie get involved with him? Raise her kids in this environment? This book is full of strong characters and great story lines. I'm looking forward to getting to know more of the characters in the books. I can't honestly say that it's been a while since I've been this hooked on a series. I. Can't. Put. These. Books. Down!
Profile Image for Wendy Livingstone.
13.4k reviews118 followers
December 12, 2018
This is the second book in this awesome series, and the continuation of Gracie, Rebel and Brody’s love triangle continues. Bring Jilly into the mix, and things get interesting. This is a well written story which is filled with twists, drama, action, and love, which all had me on tenterhooks throughout. Be warned these novels need to be read in order to get an understanding and background of the characters. I cannot wait to read more in this phenomenal series, and I highly recommend this talented authors’ work for all.
Profile Image for Kim  Brewing.
3,143 reviews31 followers
March 29, 2018
Wow, a couple of characters really changed in this story which picks up right where the first one finished.

How will things play out between Gracie, Brody and Rebel? Will the right man walk into the sunset with our gal? This did play out the way I hoped, but I lost so much respect for one (okay two) characters in this story.

My only complaint is a lot happened off the page, but overall I enjoyed this story and I can't wait to read more.
Profile Image for Lauren Dodson.
173 reviews1 follower
May 4, 2018
They survived

When this book started i wasn't sure how things were going to go. I like the storyline and the characters. I was not a huge fan of Gracie jumping back and forth between Rebel and Brody regardless of what caused it. Then to throw Jilly into that craziness wasn't my favorite.
Still would recommend and want to read the next one.
Profile Image for Nicole Ortiz.
1,284 reviews50 followers
August 12, 2018
A great continuation to the series. Little twists and stuff unraveling. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read more from this series and the other series on the different MC's. I really enjoyed the two little stories at the end, especially Katie and Shine's story. Can't wait for their own story comes out.
Profile Image for Julie Jackson.
2,044 reviews10 followers
December 8, 2018
Reviewed for SNS

Wonderful continuation of Rebel, Brody and Gracie’s story. Things get all jacked up in this book and when Jilly comes home, it makes everything worse. Rebel is trying to convince Gracie that he does love her and Brody is dead set against Rebel and his club. Jilly throws a kink in everyone’s plans. Excellent writing with an explosive storyline.
Profile Image for Monica Holloway.
607 reviews20 followers
June 5, 2017
Surviving

I love this series! I can't wait to meet and read about the new characters. Their story line can go in so many directions. You most defiantly have to read Surviving For Tomorrow first!!!!!
Profile Image for Heidi Mowry.
68 reviews
June 9, 2017
Vera Quinn does it again 💖

I could not wait for this book to see what happened to Gracie and Rebel. I won't give any spoilers but if you liked the first book you will love this one. With so many twist and turns I couldn't put it down❤❤
Profile Image for martha lanham.
166 reviews3 followers
June 12, 2017
Great read

Just out of this world. Love her books, this one I didn't put down. I have read V.Quinn's books from the day she started hitting the publish button. As long as she writes them, I will buy them....
Profile Image for Vikki Purcell.
537 reviews5 followers
March 30, 2018
This book pickd up where book 1 ends.
Gracie blames herself for what has happened. As does the man who promised to love her. Rebel will always be there for Gracie and is as the threat to her and her daughter escalates.
Profile Image for Shelly.
666 reviews5 followers
June 11, 2018
Surviving

The beginning of this book gave me whoplash... things changed so quick I'm still reeling...this is a continuing story of Rebel, Gracie, and Brody...and still waiting for the happy ending....onto the next in the series
Profile Image for Jackie Ziegler.
1,270 reviews4 followers
December 27, 2018
Different

Book 2. Gracie still is torn softball that is happening. Brody seems to be safe and even she a needs him most he is there but for his long?

This book stops fast but the two novellas at the end were awesome
Profile Image for Tersia Eloff.
480 reviews2 followers
December 27, 2018
Surviving, One Day at a Time

This book and the series had grabbed my attention from the first page and I just want more, luckily I started late, so I don't have to wait for more, I also loved the extra book at the end with Shine and Katie's story!
Profile Image for Josie.
466 reviews1 follower
June 13, 2017
Love it

This is a great book. I really enjoyed reading more about Gracie. I can't wait to read the next book.
2,426 reviews2 followers
September 15, 2017
Enjoyed it

Full of ups and downs. It kept you guessing where it would end up. I really liked this one and how it ended.
330 reviews
April 4, 2018
Awesome

O m g excellent second book in series can't wait for more intriguing suspenseful wonderful brilliantly written recommend reading it
Displaying 1 - 30 of 43 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.