Start by marking “Why Me?” as Want to Read:
Why Me?

Why Me?

BLURB

Everyone has an aim when they go to high school: make friends, pass exams, and leave. The hard truth is—it’s not that simple.

High school experience depends on which group you fall into. I never thought for a minute I’d be branded. I wasn’t a Brainiac, but I got by. I wasn’t one of those gorgeous girls. I was me. I did my work, had a good circle of friends, and I w
Published May 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Why Me?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Me?

Nadia
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
-ARC received in exchange for an honest review-

I should preface this review by saying that YA/Teen books are usually not my thing at all, however I've loved both other books by this author, so couldn't say no when I was offered the chance to review her new novella, despite it being a genre I tend to not read.

I should't have worried because I loved this story. Heartbreaking, relatable but also hopeful. That is how I would summarise 'Why Me?'

This story centers around Mikayla, an average teen, neit
Paula  Phillips
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Bullying is an age-old issue that no matter where you are in life, you will always have someone bullying you or you will be the bully. Either that or you will know someone being bullied. For me, I have been a victim of bullying at multiple times in my life, and you do wonder how to get through it as it is difficult and often you wonder what have I done to deserve being treated like this or as the title of Sienna Grant's book reads - Why Me? Why Me? Tells the story of Mikayla Hobson and her bully
Amo Thomson
Silence
Lonely
Tired
I could go on,
Something that I'm 2017 is bigger than ever.
Bullying it's a form of torture that needs to be more under control.

With more and more people on social media you can't even get away from it at home.

But with the right people & speaking up fighting back doesn't mean fighting words can do enough to empower a person, and that's how it worked for Mik.

Not everyone is as lucky.
This story is just a blip of reality.

Amo
Stacey
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So let’s start off by saying that this is a YA/ Teen book, not my norm, but the the subject matter was too important NOT to read it!

Sienna tackles the all too popular topic of bullying. Now you would thing that with all the coverage and attention this topic has been given, that it would be a thing of the past. But sadly, it is still rampant and continues to spread like wildfire; especially cyber bullying and keyboard warriors who figure they a right to judge or hurt someone’s feelings, all under
Cindy
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why Me is a short read with an important message:

BULLYING!

It's a horrible ordeal that many children face today.
As the mother of a young daughter who gets bullied I know the impact it has created in her life. I see her struggle, yet say she doesn't care, passes it off.

In Why Me we met Makayla, who struggles with speaking out against the bullying she's receiving. Afraid it'll make it worse. She has fabulous friends who stick by her, and a great family at home. Although Makayla's story ends well
Rhonda Tactor
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why Me..........what can I say about this book.
Sienna Grant is a recently new author to me & Why Me is very different to anything I have read.
Without giving too much away, the author has written this incredible story of a huge social problem that so many of our kids & even adults deal with on a daily bases.
Bullying is a huge part of our society & I think everyone should pick up this book & read it. Support this incredible author & book.
Congratulations Sienna on an amazing &am
Olivia Hatton
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I felt like I was back in high school again. Bullying is not something to take lightly and I feel this scenario is REAL and believable and can teach others out there so many lessons. Way to go Sienna, great work :)
Caroline
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from an amazing Author. 'Why Me?' isn't Sienna Grant's normal romance style but I have loved all her books so I couldn't skip this one and I am so glad I didn't. Although a different genre the writing style continues to be engaging, characters adorable and I couldn't put it down.

This is the Story of Mikayla, she's a normal teenager, doing what teenagers do, before the all too common trouble with another gorl at school starts. The story details how she does and doesn't cope wit
Laura Adams
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an arc of Sienna Grant newest release for an honest review. I must confess YA is not a genre I would immediately jump to read however I was interested to read for two reasons. Firstly it was written by Sienna Grant and that is an automatic one click for me and secondly the topic made me want to see where she took her story.

I so pleased to say I enjoyed every word of it. The story was told in such a way that whilst discussing the difficulties around being bullied it didn't loose sigh
Jessica Figueroa
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. I must say, I normally don't read Young Adult, but I truly can't express how this book touched me. I urge parents to read and share this book with their teens.

Bullying is one of the leading cause of suicide among teens. It's one of the biggest problems we have and if we don't say anything and keep quiet it's never going to stop. This book is about a girl dealing with bullying and the fear of not being believed. She learns that by standing up
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short read with a massive impact.
Bullying is awful, and this book hits the target.
My son gets bullied all the time and it's so hard to see the struggle that he goes through on a daily basis and I love half term. Just like Makayla, he struggles with speaking out and keeping it locked up, if you speak out is it gonna make things worse? If you say nothing with they get bored and stop?
Children are taking their lives over not feeling good enough and that's not acceptable, a friend of min
Valerie Degeorge
#teenfiction
#bullying
#stopthebullying
#standtogether
#WhyMe

I'll start by saying that this book should be read by everyone no matter what age you are.

Sienna has written such a brilliant story, she has tackled a very serious situation that unfortunately affects so many people no matter what age we are and she's done a magnificent job.

This is a story about a young teen Mikayla who is your typical girl trying to go about her daily life, what we witness is so sad and unfortunately it happens everyday
Jo
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
You know what I hate bulling I think a lot of people would say the same thing too

I love that fact that Sienna has done a book for younger kids to read to know bullying is not right and that you should never feel like you can't talk to someone x

I love this book and am so happy it's been done and Sienna well done sweet I think a lot of people will relate to your book

To me it's a must read

Well done for writing this book Sienna 💜💜💜
Maria Angie Mendoza
Phenomenal read!
This well written, sensitive and thought provoking book addresses a monumental problem in our society of bullying with our kids.
This book is intended for YA/Teens, but let me tell you it ought to be read by everyone, regardless of whether or not you have children.
Sienna Grant is a new author to me and I hope to be reading more from her!
Mona williams
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
omg this book hit me real close to home. i was bullied as a teenager to the point of suicide. people just dont understand what words can really do to a persons self esteem. its sad how some people feel better about themselves to be this way. its a heartbreaking story that you people will love. you will need some tissues. thank you so much for sharing this beautiful book!
Avis Rara
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Рассказ без какой-либо смысловой нагрузки. Ни о чем.
Tilly (Tilly’s Book Corner)
ARC received in exchanged for an honest review

I love this book and the fact that's its written for teenagers on such a touchy subject that needs to approached with care. Sienna has done a fantastic job, its a heart breaking story which will touch anyone's heart.

Definitely a must read.

Amo and Sarah's Book Corner
Marla
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

I wish I would have read a book like this when I was a young teen. What I liked about this story is that it puts you right away in Mikayla's young life. She has a happy home and few good close friends. You can tell she was taught to treat others as you would want to be treated. A lesson that we are all taught so young and yet there are so many out there that can not grasp this lesson.

Mikayla is old enough where I think she understands that her family is great and that they have a lot going on, s
Sarah Goulding
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewing on behalf of Sarah & Amo's book corner.

This is one of the most heart-wrenching books that I have ever read! It is fantastically written and as a reader, I felt every emotion that was portrayed.

The story follows a young Mikayla, who, at one time, loved school and was doing brilliantly. However, things came to an abrupt change when the new girl, Analese decided that for some reason she hated Mikayla and wanted nothing more than to make her life hell. Mikayla went from being a fun-lo
Gemma Pritchard
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
reviewed on behalf of amo and Sarah's book corner.

oh wow what can I say another cracking book by sienna about a subject that doesn't get talked about enough but happens all the time and that's bullying.

story centres around mikayla who is being bullied at school and what she goes through at the hands of Analese is horrible. story's like this happen all the time in schools even in other places too but it's never talked about enough.

I really felt for mikayla as I've been there and was bullied in sc
Lady Living  In Bookland
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This incredible story hits the mark for me in tackling one of the toughest issues surrounding young people....bullying. The author has done an amazing job at dealing with the victim and how with the support of her friends and family, she was one of the fortunate few to pull through this awful period in her life and come out the other side.

Excerpt:
My name is Mikayla Hobson and this is my story...

The story followed a likeness of the recent "13 reasons" for me and reasonated so much office school
Marie Pedrick
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was extremely close to home for me, this is a very well written story of bullying. This book looks at a topic that is never really talked about but is becoming a growing epidemic in schools today. If only more authors would take up this banner and let the kids out there know they're not alone.
I can imagine that this story was as difficult to write as it was to read, but saying that you can't help but want to know what's going to happen, I loved this book from start to finish.
Charlotte
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mikayla was one of the lucky ones whose situation got resolved. Bullies are everywhere, and they seem to be getting bigger in number. Yes, you needed to tell someone you trust about the situation, but it doesn't always work out as fast or as well as it did for Mikayla. Bullies are a real problem, especially in public school systems. Parents, please teacher your children to be kind, don't spread the hate.
Denielle Hoppe
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DIRTY KNEES REVIEWS: Why Me? by Sienna Grant 5 KNEES!

Such a great read for those that are affected by bullies. Knowing how personal and raw this is for the author, I struggled to keep my temper in check while reading.

I think this would be a fantastic tool to reach out to those affected and let them know you can always tell someone, you are never alone.
Katie Montgomery
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recieved an arc of Why Me for an honest review . This is my first book of Sienna's that I have read. When I heard about this book and read a small excerpt from it I was excited to read it. It is a short read but has a large message ....Stand up to bullies ..... don't let them win .... we all deserve to be happy.

Bulling is something that is happening all over and with the accessibility of social media it is harder for people to escape it and kids are left feeling alone and helpless. This book
Cassandra Taylor
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Amo and Sarah’s Book Corner

5 Stars

I seriously have no words for this book, it is unfortunately all to relevant in today’s world and hit home with me as I was bullied throughout secondary school.

Mikayla is a normal teenager trying to get through her exams, she has a great group of friends but the new girl in school takes a disliking to her for some unknown reason.

What happens is all too real for a lot of people, whether it was at school or later in life. Bullying is not OK a
Latifa Morrisette
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book and Why Me is different from the books she traditionally writes. This is a book about bullying and the impact it can have on not just the person being targeted but everyone around. I feel every parent and child should read this book and know that bullying is not their fault and they should never be afraid to tell an adult what's going on.
Margaret Lander
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SarahAmoBookcorner

Wonderfully written story of something that happens more than we care to admit. BULLYING! Mikayla is continuouslybullied by new girl Analese. Analese makes Miks life very hard. This story tells of one teens struggles with a very real problem. I suffered from bullying myself and this book brought back so many emotions. I am having my daughter read this book too. Great job of telling how Mik stands up for herself and takes her life back! Great job Sienna Grant. ☆☆5
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sienna grant has really delivered with this short read, why me delivers a very important message About bullying which I can totally relate too!
I 100% recommend everyone reading this YA book.
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Haddie Harper
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read!

This book is amazing. I love how in depth the story is on the concept of bullying. Sienna Grant's take on the subject is brilliant. I love that she wanted to give something to her daughter to read as well. My heart cried so much for the main character. Truly amazing.
« previous 1 3 next »