Start by marking “The Way Back to Mayberry: Lessons from a Simpler Time” as Want to Read:
The Way Back to Mayberry: Lessons from a Simpler Time

The Way Back to Mayberry: Lessons from a Simpler Time

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
“The Andy Griffith Show” continues to have a huge worldwide following. While many factors contribute to the show's ongoing popularity, many fans continue to point to the basic moral principles upheld by each and every episode. The Way Back to Mayberry takes an irresistible look at these moral themes and values promoted by the show and examines them in light of biblical tru ...more
Published January 15th 2001 by B Books (first published December 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Way Back to Mayberry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way Back to Mayberry

Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Most of us have grown up at some point in time watching The Andy Griffith Show or have at least heard about it. Some of us, like myself, are still searching for their version of Mayberry, a town where people truly care about one another, family values are more important than the gossip, and where life just seems a whole lot more simple.

Joey Fann, is the author of a new book entitled, The Way Back To Mayberry: Lessons from A Simpler Time, a unique look into the episodes of the classic Andy Griffi
Celena Owens
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Any true #TAGS fan will enjoy this book. It is lucid and practical, and full of heartwarming truths about the characters, actors, story lines and plots, and background of the show. 30 chapters plus a forward and introduction. In June 2006, my husband gave this to me as a spontaneous gift and I don't think I made it to July. I consumed this book. It was truly my pleasure to read.

Well done Mr. Fann, well done. And, thank you. :)
Karen & Gerard
The Way Back To Mayberry—Lessons From A Simpler Time by Joey Fann is a nostalgic trip back to the “Andy Griffith Show” from the 60s, but with lessons we can learn from 30 different episodes to apply to our life today. The author, Joey Fann, uses specific episodes to illustrate a point and take it further to reflect on how God can be at work in similar situations in our lives today by sharing from his own experiences. Each episode is connected to some scripture which the author has included to gi ...more
Margaret Chind
Permalink: http://creativemadnessmama.com/blog/2...

Lessons from a Simpler Time. How often during a normal day do you wish that life could just be so much more simple? I know I do often. Author Joey Fann brings together 30 episodes and real meaningful scriptures. I love how throughout the chapters appropriate character photographs are inserted. If someone knows and loves the Andy Griffith Show they will love this devotional guide. Even if a reader is unfamiliar with the life of Mayberry residents
MrsCelenaOwens
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Andy Griffith Show is my all time favorite default show. I have seen (probably) every episode, and know many of the scripts by heart! My husband bought this book as a gift for me YEARS ago, and I think I devoured it in a couple of days - because of my love for Scripture and my love for the show.

It's a very nice, simple, easy read, laid back book. No hardness, no negativity, etc. - much like the show. :)
Jaime Contreras
When I picked this book up, i knew it was a combination nostalgic book and bible study. This was an incredible easy-read, renlightening, entertaining and heartwarming read. It taught me and took my on a fun nostalgic walk. I have not enjoyed radig a book like this too many times in my life.
Christy
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
A nice walk back through Mayberry. Each chapter is a re-telling of one of the black and white episodes of the Andy Griffith Show along with a personal view from the author Joey Fann. I think many Andy and Barney fans would enjoy this walk down memory lane.
Dewayne
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
A good book, with life lessons from some of the episodes of The Andy Griffith Show.
Read1000books
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-living
A nice little book of moral lessons, each drawn from an episode of "The Andy Griffith Show" from the 1960's.
Billy Clinton
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book
Colleen
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Highly recommend. Each chapter starts off with Bible readings and describes Mayberry stories which relate to those readings. I will want to read this again.
Leanne
Feb 27, 2015
Don
Apr 02, 2018
Nancy Gee
rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2015