Start by marking “The Bridesmaid and the Hurricane (Capital Kisses #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bridesmaid and the Hurricane (Capital Kisses #1)

The Bridesmaid and the Hurricane

(Capital Kisses #1)

A one-weekend stand over a year ago, and now they're coworkers...

Being a woman in TV is hard enough, but when the boss is trying to derail Radhika O’Leary’s career from behind the scenes, she has to make sure every aspect of her work—and her life—stands up to scrutiny.

Of course, the double standard is alive and well and Malcolm Jones, the broadcast meteorologist known as
ebook
Published July 4th 2017 by D Ink Editions

To ask other readers questions about The Bridesmaid and the Hurricane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridesmaid and the Hurricane

SuperWendy
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: I beta read an early version of this book and am friends with the author.

I liked this one. Great sense of place, Washington D.C. without any political shenanigans (which I'm not sure I could read right now thankyoucurrentevents). I really liked the heroine and the author does a fantastic job of writing "relationships" - most notably the heroine's small, close group of friends. The "friendship banter" is spot-on.

I wasn't entirely wild about the conflict, which hinges on the hero being
Adele Buck
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a fun, fast read - a second chance romance between television journalists. As someone who has lived in the DC area for almost 20 years, it's got a great sense of place. The hero and heroine are both people I'd want to hang out with (this is not a necessity for me, but always nice to see - makes for a relaxing read), and the heroine's group of girlfriends is a fun, well-drawn group.

What didn't work for me? Not one but two women creep all over Colm (the hero) - one at a party, one at work
Deana-Coffee, Books, Life Blog
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and sexy!

Kelly Maher did two awesome things with The Bridesmaid and The Hurricane. One, she gave a great character driven story. Two, in a short story, she gave the reader a wonderful look at the diverse culture that D.C. has to offer.

Radhika O’Leary and Malcolm “Colm” Jones are fun characters. Radhika is smart, funny and very good at what she does. She deals with more than she should, so she can do what she loves. Radhika’s strength is something to behold. Colm has the charm of a southern
Sassy Southern
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Bridesmaid and the Hurricane is one of the stories in the Capital Kisses series. This book was able to be read as a standalone and I really enjoyed all of the characters in the story. I actually can't wait to get my hands on the other books now!

In this book we learn that Radhika and Colm hooked up for a one night stand more than a year ago. It was just supposed to be a rebound hook up for Radhika but now Colm is back in her life and the chemistry between them is still intense. The problem i
Deborah
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
enjoyed it good story two people meet awhile back . then go there separate ways. then he comes to where shes at to work to hes the hurricane hottie . he wants her to work for him . and she gets chozen . but bella who is her boss is very vindictive and mean . she wants to be the one so she goes a little crazy and they put her in the sike ward . but shes gonna sue so he has to give her a chance. but he does not want to she made a play for him . she does this out of spite because of radhika was gon ...more
Shayera Tangri
Sue
Stacia Chappell
Theresa
Jul 10, 2017
Kelly Maher is the author of contemporary romances that feature smart heroines, witty heroes, and settings that make you feel like you’re living there. A city girl at heart, Kelly currently lives in DC where she works as a librarian when not writing.

Capital Kisses (3 books)
  • Blizzard Bliss (Capital Kisses #0.5)
  • A Scandal in Scandinavia (Capital Kisses, #1.5)