Start by marking “A Confabulated Compendium of Anecdotes” as Want to Read:
A Confabulated Compendium of Anecdotes

A Confabulated Compendium of Anecdotes

A Confabulated Compendium of Anecdotes is a Steampunk speculative collection of tales. The stories, herein, provide a glimpse into the imagination of a most anomalous Author.

Be swept away, if you dare, by sultry maidens with mechanical gadgets, hi-tech flying machines and grinding gears. Peculiar alien forms hell-bent on saving the earth, and a conglomerate of Vamps lead
Published May 30th 2017 by Ocean Reeve Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Confabulated Compendium of Anecdotes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Confabulated Compendium of Anecdotes

Start your review of A Confabulated Compendium of Anecdotes
E.M. Swift-Hook
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Fabulous Phantasmagoria

'Instantly, armouredevothetic arms sprang out from the walls of the Gladiatron. They worked like a well-oiled machine as I watched the pulleys turn the gears and begin to align with the magazine cylinder then drop the missiles into place.'

I love steampunk so getting my hands on this clockwork and coal powered tech collection, was pure delight for me.

These are four very different stories but all within the broad genre of steampunk. 'Creep-Tacular' blends vampire
Melonie Purcell
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of short stories that lean toward steampunk without getting too proud of itself. Each story was different from the other with a unique voice and a different steampunk focus. What made the stories similar though, was that not one of them ended the way I expected them to. Not one.
North’s style is easy to read and engaging. Not a good book to read before you go to bed, or you won’t actually do the sleeping thing. The stories aren’t ‘edge of your seat page tuners’, but the
G. Gaynor
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I AM NOT A FAN OF STEAM-PUNK!!!

But I am a fan of good writing! And that is exactly what you will find between the covers of this book! And to be able to approach the same ground from different avenues - very nice work!

You go from steampunk vampires to steampunk science-fiction / adventure to steampunk horror (and that's just three of the stories)... and each new story only brings you into the mind of a writer who is delightfully disturbed and incredibly gifted.

I look forward to her next
Nadia
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this collection of stories! Spooky, sexy and a little scary, it was great to escape to a steampunk world filled with vampires, clockwork robots and dystopian pirates. Highly recommend!
K.J. Simmill
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Dacia Horde thought the Descendants of the Madiis Tenebris had been wiped out. For centuries vampires had kept their feud hidden, keeping humans safe from the fierce and brutal war. But things had changed. Sanguine had discoverered a means of breaching the boundaries and opening a path the the vampire afterlife. Within he discovered a blood so powerful, so evil, those consuming it could weird powerful arcane magic (or majik) stemmed from darkness itself. Valid was forced to enlist the aid of ...more
Rafa Monaghan
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun collection of stories. Sensuous, erotic, intelligent and filled with everything steampunk and Victorian, these four short stories stir the imagination. The Clockwork Bride was probably my favourite, and one that I'd love to see as a standalone novel. Creep-tacular was also well done, and I certainly wouldn't mind hearing more about that coven. These four short stories are a good length; really good for those who are time-sensitive but still want to read every day. Worth your time! And ...more
M.G. Ryan
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the very first word in the first story I was hooked. The author made me feel as though I was part of the story, with an amazing descriptive ability. Each story was individual and had it's own intrigue and I just wanted to keep reading. I look forward to reading more works by this author.
Samuel Colbran
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These four short stories were wonderful to read, each one had a common theme; Steampunk. My favourite of the four was the The Clockwork Bride, the description and detail; Miss North put into this story was fantastic.

If you love steampunk, these are exceptional, and you should read them!
Kathryn Berryman
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well written - great descriptive writing - first steam-punk experience and I loved it!
Jasmine
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Confabulated Compendium of Anecdotes is a collection of four short steampunk themed stories that are all strange and unique.

The book starts with Creep-tacular, which is about vampires. It's an interesting read, but a little strange. I wasn't too sure how I felt about it. I'm not normally a huge fan of vampire stories, so it was just an ok read to me.

Then we have A Clockwork Bride, which is kind of crazy. I really enjoyed this story, and I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't say anything
A.J. Mouse
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Being a huge fan of short stories this book was a hit for me, well worth the read. A personal favourite was The Clockwork Bride. Love the language used throughout.
KStar
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book of short stories, each compelling and well written, got me hooked from the first story and I could not put it down. Simply Brilliant!
D.D. Scarlet
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a strange and twisted mind Melissa H North has! I love it! I love her way of telling her stories. I had never read steampunk but the author certainly made it a memorable experience. It was easy to read and yet it was intelligently written. But what really hooked me was how I seemed to experience the stories through my senses of smell and touch - the smell and feel of the dank forest seemed to hover about me... Whereas I find with most stories I have more of a visual awareness. To summarise, ...more
Angelique Anderson
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An anthology of steampunk stories, some with a touch of supernatural. Oh my goodness, I couldn't put it down. The author is imaginative and fun, and her stories are nothing short of what you would expect. Things like; clockwork hearts, Automotons, gladiatrons, and other gadgetry devices make this collection of creative stories a must-read for fans of steampunk!! I loved it!!!!
Bernadette Rowley
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't generally read short stories but I really enjoyed this collection! I got hooked right away and my favorite was The Clockwork Bride. I really wish that story was longer! Good job Melissa H. North! I'll be eagerly awaiting for your next book...
Sage
Nov 03, 2017
Carmel Robb
Jun 01, 2017
Melissa North
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
ShellyW
Sep 05, 2017
Andy Zach
Sep 10, 2017

• The Baby Auction
  • One in the Gut (Headshot #1)
  • The Nightmare Birds (Strange Luck Series #2)
  • Remedy (The Forgotten Legacies Series Book 3)
  • Oric and the Alchemist's Key (The Oric Trilogy #1) suitable for teens, young adults and adults
  • The Woodspeople: Books for kids: A magical children's fantasy series (Magora Book 5)
  • Civilization
  • Ripped from Obscurity
  • God is a Robot
  • Secrets at Synergy (U-District Mystery Romance, #1)
  • The Uprising: Books for kids: A magical children's fantasy series (Magora Book 4)
  • Darrienia (The Forgotten Legacies Series Book 1)
  • The Golden Maple Tree (Magora #2)
  • Serafina and the Splintered Heart (Serafina, #3)
  • Emotional Healing With Essential Oils: A Journey of Self Discovery
  • Alternatives to a Frozen Mouse
  • Mistress Suffragette
  • Invisible Monsters
My upbringing in the Brisbane to Lockyer Valley region of Queensland was inspirational as my young creative mind overflowed with ideas and images. After marrying I moved, with my husband, to the North West region and have lived here and in the Lockyer Valley long enough to see both my children born and raised.

I return to Brisbane every year to our family home. I have always loved telling stories