Start by marking “Hate to Love Him” as Want to Read:
Hate to Love Him

Hate to Love Him

(Kendrick Place #3)

Brady Davis is as happy as he is charming. Usually. Unless he’s in the same room with the frustratingly gorgeous antidote to his cheer. Mia Kendrick is headstrong and determined. She’s done with men who stand in her way—even if he has arms like Thor and a smile that makes her dizzy. Whenever they’re together, sparks fly—both the bad and good kind.

When Mia returns home to t
Published July 17th 2017 by Entangled Publishing LLC, Bliss

To ask other readers questions about Hate to Love Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate to Love Him

Sam (AMNReader)
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Stays in the shallow end with two people searching for community and trying to make their own way. One is poor and one is rich. Standard romance.
Beth
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simply fun and delightfully lighthearted.

Mia want to prove to her brother and her father she has what it takes to make it in the family’s real estate business. They give her the appearance of a chance to “prove it” with an apartment building that her grandmother deeded over to Mia and her brother, Kendrick Place. Neither her brother or her father tell Mia that they already think she will fail because she is a woman, They also don’t tell her that her brother already had plans for Kendrick Place a
Elaine
This was a delightful, restful, easy read with well developed characters and an engaging plot. It continues the saga of Kendrick Place and many of the characters met in the earlier books are also in this one. Having typed that, I also have to say that I think this book will also work as a standalone as the author fills in the background information as the story progresses.

In this case, Mia is fed up of being looked down on by the men in her family. Her father and brother have no respect for her
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: shelly
If light and sweet is what you’re after - Hate to Love Him is just the thing for you! This was a super quick, easy read from an author who excels at writing solid, genuine, heartfelt stories.

I felt like this, the third offering in the Kendrick Place series was a little lighter on the romance. It took a long time for things to fire up and there was a lot of focus on Mia’s personal struggles and growth. To that end, it read a little bit more like women’s fiction to me – but it was still an engagi
Fizza
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a fun, lighthearted read. Mia comes from a rich family but money doesn't equate happiness. Her family has never accepted her as she is. Her father and brother think she cannot be part of business just because she is a woman. After her grandmother intervened her father give her six months to run one of their residential buildings and prove herself. So she has a lot at stake to make Kendrick Place profitable.
Brady knows that for some people money is everything. A business woman is going to ma
D.M.
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
After reading the title and synopsis of Hate to Love Him, I thought I would have enjoyed this book. However, sadly I didn't.

I disliked the main character Mia right from the start. By the end she was ok. The book is more about business than romance which is never my favourite kind of book. I was expecting a fiery relationship but I felt Mia was never really in the right, so I didn't really understand what her problem was with Brady. With this said, I notice on Goodreads other readers have liked
Ayekah
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I sat and read this is one sitting, yes it's that good. It's a little bit of everything you want in a book. Especially with Brady and Mia. Otherwise known as oil and water.
Mia's returned from college abroad and wants a fair shake at proving to her father she can run a family business. Her father gives her Kendrick Place which is the family's original building bought and rebuilt by her great grandfather. It's also been neglected while she was gone, under the useless eye of her nasty brother, who
Carolyn's
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
LOVED! I adore this series! Such a great community and friendships- you just want to live there. I was looking forward to Brady's book- especially after being teased with his and Mia's relationship in The Bad Boy Next Door. Jody Holford knocked it out of the park.

I was expecting this book to be filled with tense drama between Mia and Brady. She is high society, refined and polished and he is a blue jean, t-shirt wearing, greasy mechanic. (He is actually a business owner and very accomplished but
Bette Hansen
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! A fantastically warm, lighthearted story that left me feeling happy and swooning. Ms. Holford takes us back to Kendrick Place where your neighbors are your friends and everyone watches out for everyone. Mia Kendrick has taken over as the building manager and she plans to make everything right and prove to her family she knows how do it. Being friends with everyone isn't what she's there to do yet before she knows it she finds herself caring for all the residents including the charming ...more
Mommaleena
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hate To Love Him (Kendrick Place #3) by Jody Holford
• Trust
What an amazing emotional story! This is my first Jody Holford story, but it won't be my last. Hate To Live Him may be the 3rd Kendrick Place story, but it can also be read as a standalone story... Or the first one you read and then go back to find the others as I will be doing this weekend!! I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this book via Entangled Publishing through NetGalley for an honest review.
Isha Coleman
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sugar and spice deliver something nice. Ms. Holford proves that she can write sexy with the best of the best. Hate to Love Him relies heavily on the charm before it attempts to amp up to five alarm. With her fighting spirit, Mia masterminds a corporate takeover and meets her match in the process. Brady may be a gentleman, but he's no pushover. After reading Jody Holford the world seems a bit brighter and the heart a tad lighter.
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five stars! I've loved Brady since the start of the Kendrick Place series so I was excited to read his story in Hate to Love Him. I definitely wasn't disappointed! This was another wonderful, sweet romance and a great finale for the series. I miss Kendrick Place already and I'm looking forward to reading more from Jody Holford.
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
He had no idea what they were doing or where this could possibly go, but in that second, it felt right. It felt necessary.

I have a request for Jody Holford: Please keep writing these kinds of sweet, steamy romances.

Seriously, I've enjoyed each and every one of the Kendrick Place books. They're cute, easy and quick to read, and Hate to Love Him was no exception. It was charming, light-hearted—despite the enemies-to-lovers trope, which can be volatile for me—and enjoyable.

It starts with a slow b
Book Lover
Mia Kendrick has moved in to Kendrick Place to manage it. She finally talked her father into giving her a chance and she’s been given 6 months to prove herself. She has loved the place since she was a child and looks forward to returning it to its former glory. She hasn’t had the best of luck making true friends so has shied away from making those connections.

Brady Davis owns an auto repair shop he inherited from his dad. His dad wanted his older brother, Jared, to take over the business but Jar
Karla Andrews
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, loved this book!! Only after I kept thinking I read it before. Lol. I was thinking about wyatts and shays book. Wow! I loved the chemistry between Brady and Mia! Wow. Stereotypes are the worst to get out of. I love how u put that in there and how to get around it.
I love this scene:
“Did you just hit me?” (Wyatt)
Owen cringed. “It was instinct. You were going to say something rude. We’re here to be supportive. You’re big, you can handle it, please don’t hit me back.”
That had me rolling
Cara Ross
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mia Kendrick was a women on a mission...a mission to prove to her brother and father, that she could manage and make a success of Kendrick Place.

Brady Davis was a bit of a charmer with all the ladies, but there was one women that seemed to rub him the wrong way....his landlord Mia Kendrick! Brady thought she was a princess; and heiress, and only focused on making money, not taking care of the tenants of Kendrick Place, And the people he calls family.

No I'm going to stop there, as I didn't want
Michelle Mina scheiber
5 stars well deserved!!

I loved this book so much that I hated to get to the end. I wanted it to go on forever. I know I will be swooning for days over Brady and Mia. Kudos to Jody for another amazing read!!
Kim Vanravenswaay
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Hate to Love Him. It was the first book in the Kendrick Place series that I've read. With that being said I feel I am safe in saying that this can be read as a stand alone book. I will be going back and reading the other couples stories that I missed however. The only thing that brought it down for me was that Brady needed to become more self assured of himself. He truly thought he wasn't good enough for Mia and felt that way up until the end of the book.
Kirstie Ibrahim
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the series that I've read and it did well as a standalone however its left me wanting to read the others also. I really enjoyed this. Loved the characters and the setting in the apartment block. I also liked that Brady and Mia came from two very different backgrounds yet you could feel the connection and passion between both of them. I look forward to reading more about all of the characters.
Bec
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Brady Davis knows a princess when he sees one, and Mia Kendrick has princess written all over her. However, appearances can be deceiving with Mia working hard to turn things for the better at Kendrick Place; the apartment building where he lives. But when he learns about the plans being put in place for the building, will he be able to trust Mia to do the right thing, or will he ruin their chance at happy ever after?

Ms. Holford delivers another enthralling read for this series in this book, whic
Elizabeth Neal
A downside of first impressions is that they are, at times, wrong. As is the case for Brady in regards to Mia. Brady, a tenant, had become the interim building manager upon the previous manager's criminal activity being discovered.

Mia is determined to ensure Kendrick Place remains open as it holds a special place in her heart. However, upon taking over the responsibilities, it's quickly obvious she is not one of Brady's favorite people.

Brady knows her type, well, at least he assumes he does, bel
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

If you’re’ in the mood for a light hearted romance that goes a little below the surface to expose some raw feelings and insecurities… and deal with them, then Love To Hate Him would be a story that you’d probably enjoy.

Mia is taking over the complex, she’ll run Kendrick Place as she sees is right for everyone involved. Trouble is that her way might just not be right for everyone and she’s about to realize that firsthand. Brady doesn’t want to lose what Kendrick Place
Eva
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
the third book in the kendrick place series, hate to love him, finally gives us more of brady davis, all around good guy and friend to the other leads residing in kendrick place. he's a mechanic who owns his own garage and is looking to expand to detailing luxury vehicles. he's also got a chip on his shoulder and his initial impressions and interactions with mia kendrick bring out his resentment full bore. also he's crazy attracted to her and doesn't want to admit it.

and while mia does come from
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mia Kendrick has been given a test, and she won't fail, as her father never treated her like her brother in business, instead he thought she should be an ornament on some successful man's arm. But Mia doesn't feel the same way, so she's bound and determined to fix the things that her brother messed up. So she's returned home to manage Kendrick Place, which is special in her eyes, as it was the first place that her family started with, and she won't let anyone, much less a hot man who gives her b ...more
Lynn Reynolds
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Mia Kendrick is not having a good day. She has a very tough job and at times she has to do something she doesn’t like to do. Brady Davis has gone out of his way to help those that he likes. It’s interesting to watch this hate/love relationship begin and flower.

Mia seems to always have to prove herself. She also seems to have a hard time trusting people this makes it hard to make friends and have relationships. It also seems like her job rules her life – makes it hard to be a woman. Brady seems t
Caro
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars.

I really liked this one.

Much like the rest of the series, I enjoyed this one. This time we hear from Brady and Mia. We know a little bit of them from the previous books. Brady came off a super protector of the tenants at Kendrick Place and this one, we learn why that is. I loved this guy, he truly protected those he cared about, although I wasn’t happy with the constant judgment he did on Mia. I was glad he got to really know her and see those thoughts were false, but I wanted to kic
Lucia
A fun, light-hearted, enemies to lovers romance

Hate to Love Him is a fun, light-hearted, enemies to lovers romance. Having read the previous two books, I have been eagerly awaiting this book and I have to admit, it surprised me a little with the characters (in a good way). While this is part of a series this can be read as a standalone.

Told from dual perspective, Mia and Brady are two strong people where there is a lot more to them than meets the eye. Mia is one of those characters where you wil
Christy B
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
This was a great conclusion to the Kendrick Place series. We've known Brady from Owen & Gabby's story and now we learn that he owns a body shop and is thinking of expanding it. He's been acting manager of the building while Mia was overseas. He thinks she is a spoiled, bossy princess and has everything on a silver platter. As we get to know Mia we find that she is basically being set up by her dad and brother to fail - they both have adopted the 'women don't belong in business' mentality. Th ...more
Jessica
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mia Kendrick has come back from her stint in Europe to take the opportunity to run Kendrick place. She is trying hard to prove to her father and brother that she can handle business matters just as well as they can. Everything is going well except her run-ins with Brady Davis. Brady is concerned that Mia is just in it for big business. He's afraid that it will interrupt the close-knit community that they have there. Sparks fly between the two and the more they butt heads the closer they get to s ...more
Melena Torretta
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, netgalley-arcs
I loved the first two books in the Kendrick Place series and the third installment, Hate to Love Him, doesn't disappoint!

Brady has been a presence in the first two books as a easygoing, friendly, and sweet guy. You get to know him a little, but not much past the fact that he's good friends with the other tenants of the building. Mia appears briefly in book two as well, but there's not much learned about her.

I am so glad they turned out to be the couple for book three! They both have big hearts a
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Bouquet List
  • Guarding His Heart (Half Moon Bay #3)
  • Her Unexpected Detour (Checkerberry Inn, #1)
  • A McClendon Thanksgiving (The McClendon Holiday Series, #1)
  • Loving Mindy (Lone Pine Lake, #2.5)
  • Coach Maddie and the Marine
  • Desire by Design
  • Taming the Country Star (Hometown Heroes, #1)
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • One Week to Win Her Boss
  • White-Hot Holiday (Real Men, #2.5)
  • Kissing Her Crush (Sugar City, #2)
  • Blame It on the Bet (Whiskey Sisters, #1)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Rescued by the Rancher (Tall Pines Ranch, #2)
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
a wife* a mom* a reader and a writer* a friend* a daughter* a teacher* a sister* a blogger and follower* a worrier and word twister* a gemini*

Kendrick Place (3 books)
  • More Than Friends (Kendrick Place, #1)
  • The Bad Boy Next Door