Start by marking “Finding Georgina” as Want to Read:
Finding Georgina

Finding Georgina

What happens after you get what you’ve always wanted? In Colleen Faulkner’s thought-provoking and emotionally compelling novel, a mother is reunited with the daughter who was abducted as a toddler—only to face unexpected and painful challenges . . .

It’s the moment Harper Broussard always dreamed of. Her daughter Georgina, snatched fourteen years ago during a Mardi Gras pa
Published March 1st 2018 by Kensington Books

To ask other readers questions about Finding Georgina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Georgina

Maggie61
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
You’ve followed cases, you’ve seen the news. Everyone is happy when a lost/kidnaped child is found and comes home. We all think how great that is and then we move on with our lives. But who really thinks about what comes after? After that child comes home after a month, a year or several years and has to find their place in a family they may not know.

Georgina was stolen from her stroller at a Mardi Gras parade when she was two. For fourteen years, her family had no idea what happened to her. He
Nancy S
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading other reviews, I agree with the criticisms, but this is why I don’t read reviews before I read a book. I really enjoyed it, in spite of the flaws. Yes, the father is selfish. Yes, the mother is obsessive. And yes, Sharon did a terrible thing. But the story was still excellent, and I totally loved it. I liked, and empathized with Lilla/Georgina and I liked Jo-Jo, and think she was a realistic 14 year old.
Amy Howell
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very easy to read. Loved it.
Jessica
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
A thought provoking story.

This was hard for me to finish, not because of the storyline but because I found the mom to be absolutely annoying. I couldn't stomach her. And the dad was a whole other joke. If those two characters had better personalities, it probably would have been a better story. But when I finished the book the only thing I could think of was how much I grew to despise the dad. His selfishness and the moms pathetic and at times oblivious mentality overshadowed Georgina's story f
Cathy Geha
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finding Georgina by Colleen Faulkner

What if:
*Your toddler was taken from you fourteen years ago?
*You believed she was dead but never truly gave up hoping she was not?
*You believed you had found your child, now sixteen, and she did not at all resemble the memory of her you have kept alive?
*You were faced with integrating you long-lost daughter back into a family with members that have changed – perhaps just as much she has?

How would you cope?
How would the father of your lost child cope?
How wou
Jennifer Daniel
An interesting concept but all the characters were so damn unlikable it made it hard to get into. I could understand Harper-Mom's anxiety and overparenting because her child was abducted but her devoted love to Remy who was a selfish ass hole was a problem. I just never bonded with Georgina/Lilla, kidnapped or not I think she would have been an unpleasant person, took after her father a bit too much. Jojo was pretty much acting like the spoiled rich brat she was so she kinda gets a passs on that ...more
Jeanine
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Colleen Faulkner you made me cry, worst of all... you planned it. Imagine your two year old is kidnapped and you know she is most likely dead. Then you see her working in a coffee shop and it really turns out to be her. This family has been warped and shaped by the kidnapping 14 years ago. Harper is a helicopter mom, Remy is overwhelmed. JoJo is used to being only child and Lilla/Georgia has been ripped from the only Mother she has ever known. What a brew of characters and emotions. Told from di ...more
Stephanie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I couldn't put this book down, I wish it hadn't ended, and I wish I could follow this family for a few more years of their lives. I want to know more! For me, it was just a very good look into how a married couple deals with the discovery of, and reunion with, the daughter who was kidnapped 14 years ago. The behaviours, the thoughts, the actions and interpretations from all 4 family members paint a very real perspective. Just very engrossing and very easy to read.
Jennifer G
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't think that I would like this book, but I ended up really enjoying it. The book makes the reader think about how many people can be impacted by one crime, and how each person has been affected. There is no easy, happily ever after here - the lives of the birth family are forever altered by the choice made by the kidnapper. Returning home just isn't that simple. I really loved how the author captured the point of view of each character.
Jeanie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
It's ok if you don't love me back. I have enough for the both of us.

Mother and daughter relationship. It can be a love/hate relationship. "I love my mom," "I hate my mom," "My mom never lets me do anything". "My mom doesn't understand me". But what happens when your two year old daughter is taken from you and 14 years later you find yourself at a coffee shop face to face with the daughter that you thought you would never see again.

The Broussard family is about to go through a roller coaster of
Eddi
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I was thinking about when I wasn’t reading it. Faulkner does an amazing job of portraying the complexities of a situation where a two year old was abducted from her stroller at a Mardi Gras parade, and reunited with her birth family when she is fourteen. I felt for everyone, including the abducting mother, as they struggled to come to terms with their multiplicity of feelings. Wonderful read!

Terri
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher Kensington via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

I chose to read this story because of the topic, and I chose to love this story because of the topic. Think about it the scenario, there are so many emotional points of view to consider that it is almost as overwhelming as the topic.

Faulkner chooses three different points of view to tell the story. Georgina (
Colleen
When Harper Broussard walks into the local coffee shop one day and spots the new barista behind the corner, she immediately knows that this is her 16-year old daughter who was abducted when she was only two years old. It turns out that her daughter, Georgina, has been living with her abductor all those years and never suspected that the woman was not her true mother. Georgina is reunited with her blood family, which includes Harper, her ex-husband, and their 14-year old daughter Jojo, but the tr ...more
MaryAnn
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding Georgina is a solid 4.5 star read. Colleen Faulkner does a wonderful job giving us a ringside seat to a family drama that most of us can only pray we never experience. Georgina, taken as a toddler, is finally found at the age of 16 and life as her real family knows it is about to be perfect, right???

This story examines the situation from JoJo's viewpoint (the 2 year younger sister), Harper's (the mother) and Georgina / Lilla (name give by the woman who took her.) It's a good look at how
Rainbowgardener
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Another in the abducted children genre. It is interesting premise about what happens to the rest of the family after a child is abducted (divorce, obsession, over protectiveness, etc) and mostly what happens to everyone when the child who was abducted at age 2 is found and returned to the family 14 years later as a late teenager.
But the characters though believable and fleshed out are not very likeable. Mom particularly is obnoxious. Apparently she had lived the whole 14 years in a state of ob
Suzi
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Well written, thought provoking story of what happens when a kidnapped toddler is found and returns to her birth family as a teenager. It's hard to say how any of us would react in this situation, but sometimes these characters were downright unlikeable. I found myself simultaneously sympathizing and cringing as Harper bumbles her way through reuniting with her daughter. Although her actions and feelings were understandable in some ways after enduring the trauma of a kidnapped child, ...more
Savanah Rae
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joanell Serra
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't tell you the last time I read a book in twenty four hours. This book has a rare combo - really good writing and a compelling, moving plot.

The quick summary with no spoilers: a family has found a daughter that went missing as a young girl, 14 years earlier. Her return of course raises many issues- where has she been? What does she remember? How to bring her back into the family?

Told from three perspectives (mother, daughter, and second daughter), I really connected with each character. B
Faith Currant
May 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I tried, because the premise was interesting. (Though a bit overused -- it seems like every YA book I pick up is about mistaken identity/return of kidnapped kid).

I got to about page 50 and had to stop because of the character of the mother. She was so unlikeable, so self-involved, that I couldn't imagine spending another page with her. The kind of "love" she had for her daughter was the worst kind and not love at all -- it was all about wanting her daughter to love her, without a shred of compas
Brian
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Harper is the mother of two girls, one of which who went missing as an infant. Harper is estranged from her husband and never loses hope that she will find out what happened to her missing baby girl. One day she goes into a coffee shop and discovers a girl who looks just like her missing daughter would have been. It is discovered that the girl was kidnapped by a woman who raised her as her own. Can the girl adapt to her new family? This book was a bit slow moving and didn't have a ton of action. ...more
gail lewis
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
All the characters in the book seemed to be doing their best in a difficult, to say the least, situation. While reading the book, I kept expecting Remy to do something terrible, but I disagree with all the reviewers who felt he was selfish or a jerk or worse. He appeared to be the anchor of the family, before and after the return. Anyone who isn’t a saint would need some space sometimes from Harper, although she also was trying to lighten up a bit. I think the book was a very plausible approach ...more
Donna Fasano
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author tackles a tough subject from all angles, and I mean all angles. As a mother, I began reading this often heart-wrenching story with the feeling that I knew how I was going to feel. I was wrong.

Told from the viewpoints of three characters, the book explores how a 14-year-old tragedy continues to affect an entire family, and how a homecoming isn’t always the happy event you might expect.

This is a wonderful book with fully-fleshed-out characters, with twists I didn’t expect, and an endi
Candace
I really loved the premise, and I'm always intrigued by this subject matter...I just really wish I had liked the characters better. I sympathized with Lilla, but other than that I really didn't like almost anyone. The sister was a brat, the mom was stubborn and not very understanding, and the dad was ridiculous in his inability to commit to being a full-time husband and father. I still liked reading about an abduction from the AFTER point of view, though.
Valerie Bradley
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I would give this 3-1/2 stars. I liked the book, it was a good story with good characters, imagine what would happen if this were true. How hard for both the families and the kidnapped daughter. I felt it held true to how they would really feel.
Linda Hagedorn
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Story told is very poignant. There are ;no easy answers to how a situation like the one depicted here turns out.Lots of ups and downs, strong wills, and unexpected turns in the storyline. I was kept involved in the plot throughout.
Carol Burgess
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story

Excellent thought provoking story about family and how they cope when a taken 2 year old returns as a 16 year old. Emotional story which got me thinking about this situation. Well worth reading.
Akemi
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book. The characters all lacked the depth I craved from them. I just wish it was a little more.
Cindy
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!
Jamie
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. I appreciated all of the points of view.
Patty
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
interesting story about the family dynamics of a girl who was kidnapped at two (and lived happily with her kidnapper) is found 14 years later and is moved back home with her family-good read

• Julia's Daughters
  • Chance Harbor
  • Outside the Ordinary World
  • Amazing Grace
  • Where the Sweet Bird Sings
  • Far from Here
  • Wilde Side (Born to be Wilde, #2)
  • To Win Her Smile (Players, #5)
  • Pack Up the Moon
  • Cooking with Kandy (Will Cook for Love, #1)
  • Fully Dressed (The Bayou Bachelors, #1)
  • The Accidental Elopement (Chance Romance #3)
  • Wild Hearts (Hamilton Stables, #2)
  • Love Me Tender (Caribou Crossing, #4)
  • Girl in Shades
  • Same Family, Different Colors: Confronting Colorism in America's Diverse Families
  • Playing to Win (Brits in Manhattan)
  • Four Nights at Sea (International Affairs #2)