Start by marking “A Game of COURAGE” as Want to Read:
A Game of COURAGE

A Game of COURAGE

Newly appointed head coach Mason Courage is in for the fight of his life. What should have been the biggest night of his career turns into the worst moment in his life when his wife files for divorce—and the media has a field day.

Tired of her husband’s neglect, Jules believes the best course of action for their strained marriage is to end things now before things get wors
Published May 30th 2017 by Maroon Ash Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Game of COURAGE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Game of COURAGE

Rachel Smalls
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a novella about a married couple named Mason and Jules Courage. Mason is an assistant coach of a New Orleans hockey team who finds out through the press his wife has filed for a divorce. What embarks is a married couple trying to find their way back to one another among balancing work, kids, and careers, or rather Mason's career.

I liked that this book was about marriage which gave me a bit of a break from reading the standard romance novel of boy-meets-girl and the dumb decisions they m
Kathleen
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story. Every married couples knows that there are always ups and downs and this story shows how sometimes those downs can take us to a place we never thought we would go.
Mason and Jules are two strong characters who love each other but sometimes forget that you need to show the other person rather than just say it. Jules is sure that Mason is all at fault. he is never there for her. She doesn't realize that some of the things she has been doing are alienating him as well.
We alwa
Linda
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I freely chose to review the ARC titled Courage by Lena Hart as I am a huge fan. Courage and I immediately fell in love with Mason Courage and his former beauty queen wife. I never thought twice about what the team's wives and family went through with their husbands missing for days and weeks at time and felt sorry for Mason when he had to choose between being the coach of the Cajun Rage hockey team or being there for his wife and kids and letting go of the promise he made to his deceased dad. W ...more
Karen's Bookshelf
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jules and Mason had a great marriage with two wonderful kids. They couldn't have asked for more. Then the rumblings of everyday life got in the way. Little misunderstanding turned into mistrust and disappointment, and now these two have to figure out if they can rekindle magic that brought them together so long ago.
This was a great story about how couples sometimes grow apart when they stop communicating with each other. I loved these two as a couple and was rooting for them both to get their ac
LaTanya Galloway
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Not what I was expecting

Reading the synopsis, there was not mention of two stories. The foremetioned A Game Of Courage,is a nice quick read. The second story was nice but was either a cliffhanger or just and excerpt from a standalone,which I either misses that it stated that or it wasn't mentioned. I normally don't read stories that aren't a main story and when I finally do, I get bit in the butt.
Mspraise50
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent read. It was straight to the heart of the issues no messing around. I liked the story dealt with a married couple whose relationship had gotten into trouble and explored how they overcame their issues. I also loved the whole therapy sessions scenes. I wish more stories would deal with relationship issues and not just girl meets boy and ex tries to derail the relationship. I love stories that use real issues to create a romantic story.
Sher
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet story.

I loved the story of redemption for the Courages. They had both made mistakes because of mistakes and misunderstandings. It was good to see through proper communication, problems can be fixed.
Now the bonus excerpt is what has me upset. You are so wrong for presenting a good pepperoni pizza to someone only to take it back after a couple of slices. Just wrong...(joking of course).
Tina Young
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Over past four to five years, I've become a semi hockey fan, with the Pittsburgh Penguins being my number one team. So when Lena Hart revealed that she was writing a story about hockey, I was anxious to read her collaboration. I really enjoyed Juliette and Mason's story. Having the kids have active dialogue was a bonus. The story flowed effortlessly from beginning to end and the character chemistry was on point, even with the secondary characters. Amazing a Read...
Sharon Keyes
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This is good

This is good . Seemed too short there should have been more. The heroine was not as developed as a character as the hero, however his story was brief. Even though the 'Because' stories seem short you know the characters,I didn't feel that here. Read for yourself just my opinion.
Sada
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Excellent read. Jules and Mason did the right thing in seeking counseling. I enjoyed reading this story about the Courage family and you will too.
HI5O
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't take love for granted

Realistic and heartfelt journey to a second chance to get it right. It took both Jules and Mason almost losing everything to realize what they had.
Linda D. Christiani
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Linda Christiani

I'm a fan of this author and a fan of second chance stories so yeah I love all of her books and this is just a continuation of her great romance stories
Jenn
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It’s a refreshing change to read about an already-together couple. Quality writing and dimensional characters.
Marq(ReadingRomanceinColor)
Nice love story about a married couple who find themselves on the brink of divorce. There's not enough romances out there about what happens after the declarations of love and HFN.
Tiffany
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick short read (ends at the 50% mark on Kindle). Low drama, kind of boring.
Shelly
I've read quite a few of Hart's books and I've had some hits and misses. I'm not sure what this one was. It's a fast read and while I might have liked it better if it was longer with more character development and a more in depth storyline. This read as if there was a story before they married. I felt like I was missing something - like how this couple fell in love.

Mason and Jules Courage have been married going on nine years. They and their two children live quite happily in the home and accou
Janice
Jun 17, 2017
verena augustin
Sep 09, 2017
Silke
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2017
Sofia Lazaridou
rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Lena Hart is an author of sensual romances with alpha heroes and smart, sexy heroines. She's a proud member of Romance Writers of America, busy writing more happily ever afters. A Florida-native, Lena currently lives in New York City with her two calico kitties, Duchess and Daisy. When she is not writing, she's reading, researching, or conferring with her muse.