Start by marking “Only a Hero Will Do (The Heart of a Hero #1)” as Want to Read:
Only a Hero Will Do (The Heart of a Hero #1)

Only a Hero Will Do

(The Heart of a Hero #1)

Defender of the realm…and his wary heart…

Captain Grant Alexander is an enigma in London society. Dashing and handsome, he coldly eschews marriage. But the ton knows nothing of his role in the Legion: to bring Typhon, the traitor who seeks to destroy the British monarchy, to justice.

When Grant is thrown together with fellow Legion member Elizabeth Atwell, he’s instantly
Published July 13th 2017 by Sebastiani Press

To ask other readers questions about Only a Hero Will Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only a Hero Will Do

Start your review of Only a Hero Will Do (The Heart of a Hero #1)
N.N. Light
Lady Elizabeth Atwell is well known among the Ton for her beauty and yet she hides a secret: she’s a member of the Legion, England’s spy network, and has a gift for code-breaking. She’s quick with a bow and arrow, not to mention helps bring down traitors who wish to bring down the British monarchy. She’s independent and doesn’t take no for an answer as Captain Grant soon realizes.

Captain Grant Alexander is a dashing, mysterious man who refuses to be tied down. Many women have paraded in front
Traci
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance and adventure

Romance and adventure abound in book 2 of The Heart of a Hero series. Elizabeth Atwell is a smart capable heroine who can hold her own against Captain Alexander as they chase the elusive Typhon. I have already ordered the next book in the series and look forward to continuing the adventure and intrigue.
Mrs Caroline Trevor
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

I found this a really good book. Elizabeth is a strong character. She joins legion to help her country. Captain Alexander is her partner in legion and they work well together to bring down Typhon who works against England.
Carol Bisig
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolute Must Read!

An Awesome story of mystery, intrigue, spies, good versus evil, fantastic Romance. I am in love with Grant, an Alpha male, with an intellenget, beautiful, Patriot , Elizabeth! I highly recommend today! Thanks! Enjoy!
carolintallahassee
Sharon
This was a fun Regency romp, with characters based on heroes and villains from Marvel Comics (by the author's own admission). Elizabeth Atwell is a member of the Legion, a group determined to protect the Crown from threats against it. So is Captain Grant Alexander, a muscular, sensitive hunk -- who only wants to protect Elizabeth from harm.

The two are united against Typhon, the leader of a dark organization determined to overthrown the government.

I am not a comic book reader, but I have enjoyed
Heidi Pergolski
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was actually the first historical romance I have read. I was drawn to the book as I am a Marvel fan and I understood Captain Alexander was modeled after Captain America. How could I not read it? I was pleasantly surprised! I found the characters to be captivating and quite enjoyed the storyline. I adored Elizabeth Atwell’s spirit, found her to be a fantastic heroine and an ideal match for Captain Alexander. I am excited to see where their adventures take them next!
Patricia Wissore
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of the story, but even with this being fiction, there were too many things wrong. The heroine constantly running off in the middle of the night with no explanation, the many discussions that were had in the middle of everyone about their secret spy stuff, and all the bad guys knowing who the good spies were as well. The only one who seemed to be kept in the dark about what was going on was Elizabeth's mother. Too many loose ends in the story for me as well.
InD'tale Magazine
A great, light read, "Only a Hero Will Do" takes readers back in time with an entertaining spin on the standard regency romance, with spies and intrigue thrown into the mix.

Read full review in the 2017 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Kathy Jund
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.75 stars! The Legion a secret organization led by Wellington during the Napoleanic wars! A secret organization also infiltrated by women! And how soon Captain Grant Alexander will meet his match in the daughter of a Viscount, no less!
Cecilia Rodriguez
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
The story takes place in 1811 London.
Lucas draws inspiration from Marvel's: Captain America.
There are also elements from the recent television series:
Agents of S.H. I.E. L. D.

A fun, steamy, Regency era romance that would also appeal to
fans of superhero comics.
etherealfire
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Kindle Unlimited e-book
Kimberly Lord-bartoszek
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! So much action and adventure from start to end!
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library

When the Legion pairs together Captain Grant Alexander and Elizabeth Atwell, daughter to a viscount, to bring down the mysterious and traitorous Typhon, the sparks fly between them. But Grant, who is never afraid, suddenly fears for Elizabeth’s safety even though she’s proven herself capable. Can these two brave people come to terms with each other and find a HEA among the intrigue and danger?

What an intriguing historical romance! Grant and Elizabeth are
Jul 16, 2019
Margaret R Jones
Aug 21, 2017
Anne Patrick
rated it did not like it
Sep 29, 2019
Lacy
Jul 18, 2017
Mary Ann
Nov 05, 2018
Alexandra
Oct 06, 2019

• The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Something in the Heir (It's Reigning Men #1)
  • Loving the Marquess (Landing a Lord, #1)
  • Love in a Mist
  • Rugged
  • Heir Today Gone Tomorrow (It's Reigning Men #2)
  • Bad to the Throne (It's Reigning Men #3)
  • The Duke I Tempted (Secrets of Charlotte Street, #1)
  • An American Duchess
  • Whisper of Love (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Once Upon a Christmas
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Whisper of Surrender (Whisper Lake, #2)
  • Survivor (Belle, #3)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (The Heart of a Hero #0.5)
  • Too Wilde to Wed (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #2)
Alanna Lucas grew up in Southern California. From an early age, she took an interest in travel, incorporating those experiences into her writing. When she is not daydreaming of her next travel destination, Alanna can be found researching, spending time with family, or going for long walks.

The Heart of a Hero (9 books)
  • Once Bitten (The Heart of a Hero #2)
  • Lightning Strikes Twice (The Heart of a Hero #3)
  • No Hiding for the Guilty (The Heart of a Hero #4)
  • The Marquis of Thunder (The Heart of a Hero #5)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Scandalous (The Heart of a Hero #6)
  • The Archer’s Paradox (The Heart of a Hero #7)
  • The Missing Duke (The Heart of a Hero #8)
  • The Mercenary Pirate (The Heart of a Hero #10)