Start by marking “Better Bondage for Every Body: With Rope Bondage Experts From Around the World” as Want to Read:
Better Bondage for Every Body: With Rope Bondage Experts From Around the World

Better Bondage for Every Body: With Rope Bondage Experts From Around the World

Love getting tied up for fun? Just curious? This extraordinary celebration of rope bondage (aka shibari or kinbaku) combines glorious full-color photos, groundbreaking research, and tips found nowhere else in one must-read book. You’ll get insightful writings by rope bondage experts worldwide on topics like pain processing, anatomy, and rope relationships—plus the stretchi ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 25th 2017 by Wanton Press

To ask other readers questions about Better Bondage for Every Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Bondage for Every Body

Start your review of Better Bondage for Every Body: With Rope Bondage Experts From Around the World
Xan
Apr 26, 2018 added it
I just read the chapters on curvy bodies and on gender non-conforming bodies. The curvy bodies chapter was very thorough and useful. The gender non-conforming bodies chapter had few trans men and didn't have what I was looking for in terms of adapting chest harnesses for AFAB folks who do not want things accentuated.

Not rating the book, but done with it for now. Will come back to it later, probably. I'm very glad it exists.
Allie
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be different from other rope books. It's not a "how-to" for knots and patterns in rope. Many do this stuff for the "head space" and the lasting effects being tied has on our lives and relationships. The chapter on the mental and emotional effects of being tied resonated with me the most.

However, I suppose the overarching message of the book was one of inclusion: bondage for "every body". There's a chapter on larger folks, a chapter on trans/non-binary folks, and with models
Mia
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a great book. It touches on so many subjects in such a good way, I'm just left feeling amazed.
However, there is a lot of talk about flexibility and people reporting that they are scared of loosing their flexibility. And even though there are chapters that tell you that you can ropebottom with every body type etc etc, it still made me a little self-conscious. But that may just be me, because this was always a bit of a weak point of mine. I'd still recommend this book absolutely to everyone i
Kat
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: illustrated, research
Excellent - compassionate & comprehensive, encompassing the science, psychology, and practical matters of rope. Inclusive and diverse in the use of the photo models as well as the various experienced authorities. A must have reference.
Ihmurria
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall a solid resource to remind yourself that anyone can be a rope bottom if they want, and that self tying is totally valid. Oh, and a sweet section doing a sample look at the neuroscience of rope.

I did expect a bit more as it’s often touted as The Book for heavier rope bottoms and there was.. one chapter about that. Which said accept yourself as you are, and then the three chapters that follows talked about how you need to be fit and do yoga. So it was a bit contradictory too.

The images w
Mia Payne
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An essential read for bottoms

This book is so good and informative. It is never boring though it is sometimes technical. I’ve been trying to talk other bunnies into reading it.
My only regret was getting it as an ebook. It is such a beautiful book that I wish I had a physical copy. It is way more in-depth then The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up but I still recommend reading both.

This book is targeted at bottoms and switches but it is a good read for tops too. Especially the chapters on dealing w
Helina
Mar 19, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ethical. Inclusive. Easy to follow guide on how to navigate the world of bondage. Covers much of the theory and FAQ but I recommend applying it in a hands-on experience to truly understand the deep dive into intense intimacy, pain, pleasure and rollercoaster of emotions that rope tie puts you through.
Tabi
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An inclusive look at bottoming in bondage, paying special attention to different body types, age, gender, physical conditions...as well as looking at safety basics, self-tying techniques, and overall beginning knowledge to the community.
Gushkin Banda
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely gorgeous book that covers a topic few, if any, other books address: safe and specific bondage for specific body types and restrictions. While I think it would be even better if I was in a situation to have the print copy, the images in the electronic version are clear and well produced. The text is instructive and easy to follow.
Blackcat
Jan 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Madhur Jaffrey Indian Cooking
  • Tale of the Drunken Sword
  • Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
  • Bone Traders (Sellswords & Spellweavers, #1)
  • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire, #1)
  • Siena (The Forestfolk Series, #1)
  • Serve to Win: The 14-Day Gluten-Free Plan for Physical and Mental Excellence
  • How to Argue and Win Every Time: At Home, At Work, In Court, Everywhere, Every Day
  • The Love Poems of Rumi
  • Nettle & Bone
  • Whose Middle Ages?: Teachable Moments for an Ill-Used Past
  • Traditional Knitting: Aran, Fair Isle and Fisher Ganseys
  • Identity Economics: How Our Identities Shape Our Work, Wages, and Well-Being
Evie Vane is a rope performer, a bondage model, and an educator who has worked with some of the top rope artists worldwide. In addition to teaching and writing about bondage bottoming, Evie co-hosts bondage parties and other events in San Francisco. Find out more at RopeBottoming.com and RealLife50ShadesofGrey.com.

News & Interviews