Start by marking “One Last Chance (Oak Grove, #3)” as Want to Read:
One Last Chance (Oak Grove, #3)

One Last Chance (Oak Grove #3)

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
She's escaped an abusive relationship, he's hiding from the horrors that followed him home.  Can the two of them find the courage to face their pain, heal, and find love?

Rachel Bennett has had enough. She’s finally found the strength to leave her bastard of a boyfriend with the help of her childhood friend and deputy sheriff, Sawyer. But the hurt runs deep, as do the famil
Published July 11th 2017 by Anderby Lane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about One Last Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Last Chance

Judi
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One Last Chance focuses on recovery from abuse, from PTSD, from secrets. The sweet falling in love romance is also a big part of this story. We've seen these characters on the periphery in previous books Rachel in a bad relationship and Sawyer as her brothers best friend. Though sad at times this story is not depressing, it's even suspenseful at times and the sexy times are HOT. The small town makes this tale even more intimate as you are enveloped in this well crafted novel.
Dawn West
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

Third time is the book charm!

Sawyer has been waiting for the call. Either he will arrive in time to save Rachel from her abusive boyfriend or he will show up to find her body. He hopes it isn't the latter. But Shane has been getting more out of control lately and something has to give. Sawyer just wishes Rachel would leave Shane before it comes to that.

Leaving is exactly what Rachel wishes she could do. But escaping Shane's grasp isn't
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
An intense and passionate romance of surviving and healing!

One Last Chance is an intense and passionate romance. A powerful and touching romance, One Last Chance is full of emotion .The main character, Rachel, learns how to heal and survive the horrific abuse suffered at the hands of her boyfriend, Shane. With the compassion and love of Sawyer, Rachel can heal while finding her independence.

The story line is fresh and moves along at a steady pace. This is an intense yet delightful story that w
Shari
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story of two damaged souls of finding love again. With the help of childhood friend, Sawyer, Rachel leaves an abusive relationship. Sawyer has always loved Rachel at a distance, he is fighting his own demons from Afghanistan. Can Rachel trust and open her heart again to Sawyer.

A great story with plenty of emotions, yes I did shed a tear or two. Realistic characters with true to life problems, that many people face. Looking forward to the next story in the series.
Ann-Maree Howarth
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this great series and the one I have been waiting to read. It’s Racheal’s story and we have had an insight into her life in the last two books not know she is not in a very healthy relationship. But there is a bigger secret to her story that even her brothers don’t know about yet? The book did not let me down and had me turning each page with eagerness to learn more. I received a free copy of the book and have voluntarily written an honest review.
Full review can be fou
Lynn Mullan
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This series has been an enjoyable read, but this is the best one so far.
This one is about the Bennett sister, Rachel, and we find out why she has become so withdrawn and estranged from her family.
Full of turmoil and angst, Nancy handles the subject with care. I was so happy to read about Rachel's HEA.
Now I'm interested to read about Michael...
Nati
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nancy stopper at her best. It's difficult to choose between the Bennett's brothers and sister, every love story is best than the previous one. Rachel and Sawyer had had a crush on each other for a long time but they didn't know. Finally Sawyer can help Rachel escape an abusing relationship, but he has his own baggage. Can they be happy together? Can the secret in the Bennett family torn all them apart? A very good love story.
KimberlyDawn
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Sawyer and Rachel's story. They both have issues, but are there for each other. The love shines through in this story, even with all the baggage. A definite must-read!
Mary Edwards
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic book! Rachel has been a victim of domestic abuse for a year and a half when she finally realizes she has to get out before she is dead. She calls for 911 for help and Sawyer, a deputy with the police, is the first on the scene to help her. This is a great book about recovering from domestic abuse and learning to love oneself and the right person. It also touches on how family secrets can hurt and tear apart families. I enjoyed this book tremendously and can't recommend it st ...more
Teresa
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Oak Grove series is Rachel’s story. Rachel’s story, which includes her childhood crush Sawyer, is about emotional pain, secrets, physical and emotional abuse, and PTSD. Family secrets started Rachel down a path where she connected with Shane, an abuser. Her family knew it but, until Rachel figured it out for herself, would not leave. When she does, Sawyer, an Army vet and current police officer in Oak Grove, is there for her. Both crushed on each other but did not act on th ...more
Karen Loomis
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book! The series has been great and each installment just makes it better. The story of Rachel and Sawyer is very realistic, but it is great to see the happily ever after.
Isha Coleman
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
One Last Chance takes readers inside the head and hearts of two people who refuse to be victims anymore. Rachel is a woman broken by secrets and beat down by life. Sawyer is the one person that stands between her and total despair, but his own demons make him a flight risk. Can two damaged souls become united in love? Anything is possible in Oak Grove. Rachel and Sawyer are a perfect example of how, Ms. Stopper merges fiction and realism to create courageous and informative stories. Not only doe ...more
Books and Spoons
Shelves: earc
One Last Chance is a powerful, touching, emotion filled, authentic story about healing and surviving domestic abuse and PTSD. It is about learning to trust and love again, about family, forgiveness, and acceptance. It is a story that had me in tears because of the raw and real feelings that burst from the pages and touched my heart.
Rachel Bennett's story has been building up through the series. First, it was just the hints that something was not right, and then it escalated into more informatio
Becky Claxon
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book, but tackles a hard subject-abuse. Rachel Bennett had let Shane abuse her for the last time. She had never seen him like this and was afraid for her life. She tried to call 911 before Shane knocked the phone out of her hand, but she didn't know if the call went through. Alter awhile she could hear sirens coming. Sawyer Truman was the first there and went on to save Rachel. After Rachel was checked out at the hospital, she needed somewhere to stay. The shelter's were filled up ...more
Eileen
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved One Last Chance by Nancy Stopper, the third book in her Oak Grove series. In Rachel Bennett, younger sister, has had enough of her abusive and controlling bastard of a boyfriend with the help of her childhood friend and deputy sheriff, Sawyer Truman. Rachel’s downward spiral began because of family secrets which caused a deep hurt within. She is determined to start life fresh, but not trusting anyone; she stays with Sawyer, her former crush.

Sawyer has loved Rachel for as l
Andrea
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite Oak Grove novel so far! The series gets better and better. Finally, we get the backstory of Rachel, the youngest Bennett sibling. Rachel has been pulling away from her tight-knit family since she started dating Shane, 18 months prior. The Bennett brothers are all worried about her. They are convinced Shane is abusing her. Their fears are confirmed at the beginning of this book as Rachel finally calls for help. Her brother's best friend, Sawyer, is the deputy assigned to respo ...more
Lynette
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nancy Stopper has quickly become one of my favorite authors. One Last Chance is her third entry in the Oak Grove series. It is a great story but was a very emotional read for me.

Sawyer Truman’s heart has belonged to Rachel Bennet for years. He came back from his tour in Afghanistan to discover the girl he loved was in a serious relationship with someone else. He has a job as a sheriff in his hometown but carries a lot of baggage with him after serving in Afghanistan.

Rachel Bennet discovered se
Kym
Shelves: 2017
Wow! Two difficult subjects dealt with in a very touching manner. Domestic abuse is a huge problem as is the emotional toll many men and women returning from active military duty face. Sawyer has already progressed on the road to healing and is just the right person to help encourage Rachel now that she's made the decision to leave her abusive boyfriend.

But there are bumps in the road - Sawyer dealing with his own personal issues as well as Rachel's hidden secret that began her spiral downward
Ana Paula
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I discovered Nancy Stopper by chance when I received an ARC a while ago. I am enjoying the Oak Grove series so much. The Bennett family is all we hope in a book, they are a sweet family, even though they are not perfect (who is perfect anyway?!).
Rachel Bennett is living in an abusive relationship and has been beaten not only in her body, but her soul. Once so close to her brothers and Sawyer (her brother’s best friend), she has been away and withdrawn due to her abusive boyfriend.
Sawyer is a goo
Jaime Kurp
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
One Last Chance (Book 3 in Oak Grove Series)
By Nancy Stopper
Reviewed by Jaime Kurp

So I didn’t realize when I got this book that it was book 3 in the series. But it didn’t matter because this book grabbed me and I couldn't put it down. This story is about Rachel who finds paperwork in her parents attic that just rocks her world. So because of this her world turns upside down and she finds herself in an abusive relationship. She has completely cut everyone out of her life because of this man. Well
Denise Van plew
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time in reading this author with this drawing me to it. I like digging into ones that show how to live through real issues with depth behind them. This author will grab you with her characters doing just that. This centers around Rachel and Sawyer who also was in the military a fav of mine. That always changes a person for sure but anyways this is about them both having their own demons that capture your attention. As their time comes together (second chance) it starts out one ...more
BP34
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachel had been abused by her boyfriend and her childhood friend Sawyer helps her get out of her bad situation.. We met Sawyer and Rachel briefly in the other books. Sawyer is a deputy sheriff and a military veteran. He is her brother's best friend and has always had a crush on Rachel. When nowhere to go she ends up staying in Sawyer's guest room. They are both two wounded souls damaged from abuse and PTSD, not to mention untold secrets lurking in the shadows. Not wanting to be a spoiler but are ...more
Michelle
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Each book in the Oak Grove series keeps getting better. The author did a great job of handling a tough subject and writing characters the reader falls in love with. Sawyer has seen Rachel being abused by Shane but without any desire for help on her part, he can't do anything. However, Rachel finally decides she has had enough and gets out. She is struggling with some information about her family so she turns to Sawyer for a place to stay. Can Sawyer keep his feelings hidden for long enough for R ...more
DetroitSoccerMom
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
One Last Chance by Nancy Stopper is an excellent book. This book is Rachel and Sawyer's story, and it deals with domestic violence, which is a difficult subject to write about AND read about. The author did a great job of making you feel as if you were right there along with Rachel during her struggles, while keeping the details real.

Sawyer had his own issues to deal with, but I really liked how the author showed his internal struggle to do the right thing for Rachel. He loved her enough to try
Barbara
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I might sound like a broken record but gosh darn it, Nancy Stopper did it again with another terrific book in the Oak Grove series. This book, I believe, is the best one yet. It had me reading non-stop and got me from the very first page. Page one is about Rachel who we met in that last book. Reading a series is so much fun because I like to know each of the characters.

The story goes from Rachel in an abusive relationship and a sheriff deputy, Sawyer, who has loved her for years. When Rachel fin
Debbie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great book in a great series. Rachel and Sawyer deserved happiness together, but they had a rough road before it happened. Rachel survived an abusive relationship and Sawyer had nightmares from war. Together they'll reveal secrets and find healing, strength, love and family. This book is a standalone but the series is worth the read. Nancy Stopper does a wonderful job pulling you into the story and leaving you wanting more stories.
I voluntarily received this arc in exchange for an honest revie
Amanda Bordner
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One Last Chance by Nancy Stopper was another fantastic book in the Oak Grove series! Rachel and Sawyers story wasn't an easy one to read at times, but Nancy's talent for writing just sucked me in and made it impossible to put down!

Domestic abuse is definitely a subject that cannot be the easiest topic to write about, let alone read, but the way that Nancy handled the topic, it was just done so well! It also just made getting to their HEA even sweeter in the end.

Definitely a 5 Star read for me! I
Annette
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachel has a very sensitive and emotional situation. Sawyer is perfect for her but he has emotional issues of his own. Their friendship help them to be able to build up the relationship and have compassion for one another's plight, they soon form an united fort and help one another deal with some skeletons. I wish Rachel had been able to be more physically able to protect herself, I knew her psycho ex who not just let her walk away. A very well written story with passion, intense emotions and so ...more
Barbara
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a well written story of two people trying to move on with things that happened in their lives ,one is Domestic violence and the other is PTSD. Both must find a way to handle their situations if they are going to get a Happy Ending . I enjoy this book from page one. I am now going to be reading the other books in this series.
Jodi Bobbett
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Great storyline. This story shows the effect of abuse but also that there is a way to get out and overcome it. Highly recommend it and well worth the time to read. Nancy Stopper does a wonderful job telling the story and keeping it moving.
Thanks for visiting my profile. I'm a new Contemporary Romance author and I'm so excited about the possibilities. I've been falling in love with characters in books for a long time, and even more so now that they are speaking through me for other readers.

I've been remiss in updating my shelves but I'll be doing that soon, so check out some of my favorite reads, including some that I've read over a
More about Nancy Stopper

Oak Grove (5 books)
  • One Last Risk (Oak Grove Series #1)
  • One Last Dance (Oak Grove, #2)
  • One Last Objection (Oak Grove, #4)
  • One Last Gift (Oak Grove #5)