Start by marking “Such a Perfect Wife” as Want to Read:
Such a Perfect Wife

Such a Perfect Wife

(Bailey Weggins Mystery #8)

Must be blonde, beautiful, and a good Catholic girl…

On a sunny morning in late September, Shannon Blaine, a blonde, green-eyed 34-year old wife and mother of two, sets off on a jog along the rural roads near her home in Lake George, New York. It’s her usual a.m. routine, her “me time” after dropping the kids off at school…except on this day she never returns. The residents
Published May 7th 2019 by Harper Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Such a Perfect Wife, please sign up.
Michelle Ella I just finished the book and I have never read any of the other stories. In fact I didn’t know it was a series until I was about 40 pages in and…moreI just finished the book and I have never read any of the other stories. In fact I didn’t know it was a series until I was about 40 pages in and logged it on here. I wasn’t lost in any of it, not sure if reading it would give anything more then the random info on other characters she used for more information/collaboration in different areas.(less)

Start your review of Such a Perfect Wife
Renee (itsbooktalk)
May 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Such a Perfect Wife has so many elements that grab my attention when I’m looking to pick up a new crime fiction or mystery read…

Missing Adult
Investigative Journalist
Quaint Lakeside setting
Many suspects
I LOVE stories involving missing adults and investigative journalists so right off the bat I was into this one. True Crime writer Bailey Weggins is assigned to get the scoop for the new online true crime magazine she writes for and right away she realizes there’s more than meets the eye to
Caitlin Reads
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was stellar writing from Kate White. I have read all of her books and I feel like her writing is really at its best in Such a Perfect Wife. Shannon Blaine, a seemingly perfect mother of two, goes missing on her morning jog near her home in Lake George. Bailey Weggins takes on the assignment from Crime Beat and is on her way to the idyllic lakeside town before she knows it. She soon discovers many of the town residents are harboring secrets and are not who they appear to be on the surface. ...more
Patty
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such A Perfect Wife
By
Kate White

What it's all about...

Bailey is a crime reporter and her assignment is to go to a small town upstate and report on a missing mom...a mom who goes out jogging and just does not return. Bailey makes friends with a local reporter and gets deeply involved in trying to solve this crime. She is actually contacted by the killer and her role in this mystery grows ever more intense.

My thoughts after reading this book...

I enjoyed the pace of this story. I liked Bailey’s
Lisa
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The inimitable White delivers a compulsive thriller every single outing.
Tamara
Review to come.

Quick thoughts:

Loved this book. The mystery has tons of appeal and will keep you guessing. Kate White's Bailey Weggins is strong,independent and a completely wonderful character.

Put this on your TBR list!
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/ 5 stars

This is the next book in the Bailey Weggins mystery series. But the mystery is self-contained to this book. So it can be read as a standalone. I have only read book 7 in the series, Even If It Kills Her.

This book takes place shortly after book 7. The narrator is Bailey (1st person POV). Bailey is a crime journalist. And in this book she is working for an online publication called Crime Beat. The story takes place around Lake George, New York.

I loved the setting for this book.
Shelby
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bailey Weggins, an investigative reporter for Crime Beat, is hired to report on a disappearance in Lake George, New York. Wife and mother of two, Shannon Blaine went for her routine run and never came home. And now her family and the residents in Lake George are scrambling to uncover what happened to Shannon before it’s too late.

When Bailey starts looking into Shannon’s disappearance, she starts questioning everyone in Shannon’s life. Her husband Cody, seems like he has something to hide. But
Sharon Barr
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Boring! Very bland, no action or excitement. Writing was very amateurish, only finished the book to find out who the kille was.
CD {Boulder Blvd}
2.5 stars rounded up...

It took a while to be pulled into this story. To some degree I blame it on the 1st POV. A good portion of the first part of the book was the narrator with the "I this, I that" that I can't believe the number of sentences with the narrator saying "I". Or the number of sentences with "I" used two or three times in one sentence. It's like going to lunch with that friend who has to say everything she's thinking or doing. It made the reporter character a bore.

Finally the pace
Melissa M
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easy read. Love the author. Nice pace to the story.
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
Crime Beat reporter Bailey Weggins is sent to Lake George New York to investigate the disappearance of Shannon Blaine. Shannon disappeared while on her morning run after dropping her two children off at school. Bailey begins her investigation by interviewing Shannon’s close friends and husband. The suspects include Shannon’s older sister who seems bitter, a creepy hotel manager , her husband because isn’t the husband always a suspect and a deacon at the church that Shannon recently joined. When ...more
Jennie
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was not exactly what I had envisioned it to be. I thought the book would have been all about the wife who turns up missing. It was actually about solving the crime that had been committed. The reader does not meet Shannon because she goes missing in the prologue. Bailey Weggens is a crime reporter and the book is about her and how she got about helping the police solve the crime. She has been compared to Nancy Drew and I agree with that comparison. This is a clean book with no sex or ...more
Deb
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I give the book a 3.5. It was a good mystery in that it had many suspects. We didn't know until almost the end which one was guilty. The characters felt a bit flat. There wasn't a lot of character development. The book was very slow at the start. I almost quit but I am not one to give up on a book I start.
Jessica
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shannon Blaine has disappeared without a trace. The mother of two set off for a run along the rural roads surrounding her home in Lake George, New York and never returned home. Shannon has been taking the same running path for forever and has never mentioned any issues or strange people along her route. Her husband has no idea where she might have gone. The residents of this small town are shocked by her disappearance. From the outside looking in, Shannon Blaine was the perfect wife and mother. ...more
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this book and I could not put it down ! I read it in one day There was some unbelievable things and dumb things that Bailey did but overall I liked it ..., ...more
Donna
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Lake George, New York, 34 year old Shannon Blaine goes jogging and does not return to pick her children up from school. Sadly, sounds like a familiar story on the news. True crime writer Bailey Weggins is given the chance to freelance covering the story for an online publication. She teams up with local reporter Alice Hatfield. The two start nosing around for background to the story by interviewing friends, school moms, church members, etc. Bailey gets a call from a voice altering device that ...more
Carrie Shields
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I've read all the other Bailey Weggins books, so picking this one was a no-brainer...or so I thought. Everything about this book seemed different from the others, including the writing style. I skimmed the last quarter just to end it and to find out what happened to Shannon.
Cathy
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
too many characters, not much substance
Lesa
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's been a little while since I read one of Kate White's Bailey Weggins mysteries. This series just gets better, and there's no reason you can't pick it up with Such a Perfect Wife. I have a weakness for mysteries featuring journalists, and this one was a page turner that I couldn't put down.

Bailey Weggins has been writing true crime books lately, so when a new online magazine asks her to cover a story in Lake George, New York, she's eager to turn investigative reporter again. Shannon Blaine
Inn Auni
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, thriller
The first and last chapter basically summed-up the entire book. The in-between were just fillers or red herring to throw readers off. Everyone is a suspect and I was hoping this book will stray away from the cliche. But, I was wrong.

A woman went missing while out jogging. The usual suspect was of course, the husband. But, to threw readers off his back, he have to be Mr Perfect.

And then we have the sister and her husband who were portrayed as being a bit jealous of the missing woman and her
Kelly
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the main character in this story. It appears this may be a series following the reporter. I will have to look for more.
Carrie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked this one up at a writing conference. I thoroughly enjoyed Bailey Weggins, the main character, a true crime writer who isn't afraid to sleuth around to get to the truth. Now I need to start at the beginning of the series.
Ann D’Aleandro
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This novel is a good straight forward whodunit. Nothing overly complicated here. One narrator, which was a nice break from the rotating voices of the multitudes.

The tale is told by a reporter with a true crime online magazine. She is sent to Lake George in the Adirondacks to get the scoop on the disappearance of a lovely young mother who most likely went out jogging, and then never returned.

The dogged gal reporter meets with all the significant people in the woman’s life trying to figure out
Whitney
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate White brings reporter/wannabe detective Bailey back in her 8th book, Such a Perfect Wife.

I love the Bailey Weggins series! She is such a fearless, intelligent woman. In this novel, Bailey is reporting for online news outlet Crime Beat on location in Lake George, New York, where beautiful and well loved mother named Shannon has gone missing. Like all of Bailey's adventures, she immediately is drawn to the case and makes it her mission to do more than just your typical news reporting. She
Donna Hines
Shannon Blaine isn't your typical blonde, sexy mom, and Catholic girl gone off the deep end and she didn't deserve to die!
She was simply out for a run but never returned and now all eyes, all fingers, all blame are shifting to those around her.
You see it could've been a tragic accident, or perhaps she's hurt and needs help, or perhaps she left on her own never to be found.
Whichever you choose it must be noted her body will eventually be found but not by her family but by a journalist crime
Tracey
Aug 03, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
bookczuk
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Received from Librarything. I grew pretty impatient with the story and skim read til the end. Meh.
Kaleena Zagrzebski
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Thank you to Harper Collins for the free copy in exchange for an honest review!

Such a Perfect Wife follows Bailey Wiggins, a crime reporter for the online magazine, Crime Beat. When Shannon Blaine sets off on a jog early Monday morning and doesn’t come back, her small hometown begins to wonder what could have happen. Bailey Weggins starts to investigate with the local police, and as an anonymous caller begins to drop cryptic clues to her, Bailey’s own life could be in danger as well.

I really
Julian
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars rounded up.

Bailey Weggins is an investigative reporter working the disappearance of a rich, beautiful woman in Upstate New York. By the way, why do these elements have to appear in most mysteries? Can we not have a mystery of a poor, black family in Pittsburgh or something? I'm not complaining about lack of diversity in the social justice way, I just want plot variety in mystery books.

Anyways, the woman is missing and Weggins is on it. She makes friends with another local reporter and
Debbie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Bailey is a crime reporter and she travels to Lake George, New York, to report on a story where a mother, Shannon, has gone missing. She went out jogging one morning and never returned. She manages to gain contacts with a local reporter and the police and her investigation into the mystery begins.

What I enjoyed about this was the who done it aspect, which gets me every time. The setting was wonderful and I could not wait to find out what happened to Shannon. While I enjoyed this one, it lost
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• I Know Who You Are
  • Girls Like Us
  • Someone Knows
  • The Mother-in-Law
Kate White is the award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels of suspense: seven Bailey Weggins mysteries and five psychological thrillers, including The Secrets You Keep. Her next suspense novel, Such a Perfect Wife, will be published on May 7, 2019.

For fourteen years she served as the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, and though she loved the job (and the Cosmo

Bailey Weggins Mystery (8 books)
  • If Looks Could Kill (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #1)
  • A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #2)
  • 'Til Death Do Us Part (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #3)
  • Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery #4)
  • Lethally Blond (Bailey Weggins Mystery #5)
  • So Pretty it Hurts (Bailey Weggins Mystery #6)
  • Even if it Kills Her (Bailey Weggins Mystery #7)