Start by marking “Such a Perfect Wife” as Want to Read:
Such a Perfect Wife

Such a Perfect Wife

(Bailey Weggins Mystery #8)

Must be blonde, beautiful, and a good Catholic girl…

On a sunny morning in late September, Shannon Blaine, a blonde, green-eyed 34-year old wife and mother of two, sets off on a jog along the rural roads near her home in Lake George, New York.  It’s her usual a.m. routine, her “me time” after dropping the kids off at school…except on this day she never returns. The resident
Published May 7th 2019 by Harper Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Such a Perfect Wife, please sign up.
Susan Started reading late this morning. On page 246 at midnight. Yes, very interesting. With clever writing. "She was wearing about 25-minutes' worth of…moreStarted reading late this morning. On page 246 at midnight. Yes, very interesting. With clever writing. "She was wearing about 25-minutes' worth of makeup, including enough lipgloss to slow down any vehicle attempting to cross from one side of her mouth to the other.(less)

Renee (itsbooktalk.com)
Such a Perfect Wife has so many elements that grab my attention when I’m looking to pick up a new crime fiction or mystery read…
⠀⠀
Missing Adult ✅
Investigative Journalist ✅
Quaint Lakeside setting ✅
Many suspects ✅
I LOVE stories involving missing adults and investigative journalists so right off the bat I was into this one. True Crime writer Bailey Weggins is assigned to get the scoop for the new online true crime magazine she writes for and right away she realizes there’s more than meets the eye
Patty
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such A Perfect Wife
By
Kate White

What it's all about...

Bailey is a crime reporter and her assignment is to go to a small town upstate and report on a missing mom...a mom who goes out jogging and just does not return. Bailey makes friends with a local reporter and gets deeply involved in trying to solve this crime. She is actually contacted by the killer and her role in this mystery grows ever more intense.

My thoughts after reading this book...

I enjoyed the pace of this story. I liked Bailey’s re
Tamara
Review to come.

Quick thoughts:

Loved this book. The mystery has tons of appeal and will keep you guessing. Kate White's Bailey Weggins is strong,independent and a completely wonderful character.

Put this on your TBR list!
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/ 5 stars

This is the next book in the Bailey Weggins mystery series. But the mystery is self-contained to this book. So it can be read as a standalone. I have only read book 7 in the series, Even If It Kills Her.

This book takes place shortly after book 7. The narrator is Bailey (1st person POV). Bailey is a crime journalist. And in this book she is working for an online publication called Crime Beat. The story takes place around Lake George, New York.

I loved the setting for this book. Especia
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
Crime Beat reporter Bailey Weggins is sent to Lake George New York to investigate the disappearance of Shannon Blaine. Shannon disappeared while on her morning run after dropping her two children off at school. Bailey begins her investigation by interviewing Shannon’s close friends and husband. The suspects include Shannon’s older sister who seems bitter, a creepy hotel manager , her husband because isn’t the husband always a suspect and a deacon at the church that Shannon recently joined. When ...more
Jennie
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was not exactly what I had envisioned it to be. I thought the book would have been all about the wife who turns up missing. It was actually about solving the crime that had been committed. The reader does not meet Shannon because she goes missing in the prologue. Bailey Weggens is a crime reporter and the book is about her and how she got about helping the police solve the crime. She has been compared to Nancy Drew and I agree with that comparison. This is a clean book with no sex or g ...more
Sharon Barr
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Boring! Very bland, no action or excitement. Writing was very amateurish, only finished the book to find out who the kille was.
Jessica
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shannon Blaine has disappeared without a trace. The mother of two set off for a run along the rural roads surrounding her home in Lake George, New York and never returned home. Shannon has been taking the same running path for forever and has never mentioned any issues or strange people along her route. Her husband has no idea where she might have gone. The residents of this small town are shocked by her disappearance. From the outside looking in, Shannon Blaine was the perfect wife and mother. ...more
Lesa
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's been a little while since I read one of Kate White's Bailey Weggins mysteries. This series just gets better, and there's no reason you can't pick it up with Such a Perfect Wife. I have a weakness for mysteries featuring journalists, and this one was a page turner that I couldn't put down.

Bailey Weggins has been writing true crime books lately, so when a new online magazine asks her to cover a story in Lake George, New York, she's eager to turn investigative reporter again. Shannon Blaine we
Carrie Shields
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I've read all the other Bailey Weggins books, so picking this one was a no-brainer...or so I thought. Everything about this book seemed different from the others, including the writing style. I skimmed the last quarter just to end it and to find out what happened to Shannon.
Kaleena Zagrzebski
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Thank you to Harper Collins for the free copy in exchange for an honest review!

Such a Perfect Wife follows Bailey Wiggins, a crime reporter for the online magazine, Crime Beat. When Shannon Blaine sets off on a jog early Monday morning and doesn’t come back, her small hometown begins to wonder what could have happen. Bailey Weggins starts to investigate with the local police, and as an anonymous caller begins to drop cryptic clues to her, Bailey’s own life could be in danger as well.

I really e
Ann D’Aleandro
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This novel is a good straight forward whodunit. Nothing overly complicated here. One narrator, which was a nice break from the rotating voices of the multitudes.😉

The tale is told by a reporter with a true crime online magazine. She is sent to Lake George in the Adirondacks to get the scoop on the disappearance of a lovely young mother who most likely went out jogging, and then never returned.

The dogged gal reporter meets with all the significant people in the woman’s life trying to figure out a
Donna Hines
Shannon Blaine isn't your typical blonde, sexy mom, and Catholic girl gone off the deep end and she didn't deserve to die!
She was simply out for a run but never returned and now all eyes, all fingers, all blame are shifting to those around her.
You see it could've been a tragic accident, or perhaps she's hurt and needs help, or perhaps she left on her own never to be found.
Whichever you choose it must be noted her body will eventually be found but not by her family but by a journalist crime repor
CD {Boulder Blvd}
2.5 stars rounded up...

It took a while to be pulled into this story. To some degree I blame it on the 1st POV. A good portion of the first part of the book was the narrator with the "I this, I that" that I can't believe the number of sentences with the narrator saying "I". Or the number of sentences with "I" used two or three times in one sentence. It's like going to lunch with that friend who has to say everything she's thinking or doing. It made the reporter character a bore.

Finally the pace
Jess
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, library-book
So good! So hard to put down!

I think I need to go back to reading mysteries for awhile...I forgot how much I love them!

Thanks, Kate White, for the kick in the pants reminder! (and for the like/retweet)
BookTrib.com
I started reading Such a Perfect Wife (Harper) late on a Sunday night, and boy was that a bad idea. The end of each chapter left cliffhanger after cliffhanger until I was losing sleep from racing through the book.

Such a Perfect Wife by Kate White is the murder mystery story of Shannon Blaine, the perfect, blonde, churchgoing wife with two kids. She runs every single morning after dropping her kids at school, but one day never returns. Is it the husband – who seems genuinely grief-stricken? What
Rose
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Kate White. I didn't realize it was a series when I bought it but after starting it anyway I don't think it really mattered. I am going to definitely read the others because I really enjoyed her writing and especially the character.
Jocelin
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, fast read - I blew through it in just a few days. I loved the Lake George setting, because like the author I am originally from upstate NY.
Vicki (MyArmchairAdventures)
3.75 Stars. Full review to come!
Tracy (The Pages In-Between)
Full review to come
Courtney Giraldo
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This weeks read was provided to me for free in exchange for an honest review.

Criminal reporter Bailey Weggins is sent on assignment to the idyllic small town of Lake George, NY. After dropping her kids off at school , Shannon Blaine sets out for her morning run, only this time, she doesn’t come back. It doesn’t take long for Bailey to compile a short list of possible suspects; her seemingly perfect husband (husbands are ALWAYS a suspect amiright), a bitter older sister, a creepy hotel manager, a
Up All Night Book Addict
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, read-2019
How have I not read this series or this author yet? I actually own a few of this author's books already. I can promise you will be seeing more reviews of her books from me in the near future. This book is just what I was currently looking for!

I am going to start with the plot. The plot of this book is so well laid out and built from start to finish. It keeps you on your toes waiting for the next shoe to drop or the next clue to present itself. I turned the pages well into the night, wanting to g
Cathy
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
too many characters, not much substance
bookczuk
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Received from Librarything. I grew pretty impatient with the story and skim read til the end. Meh.
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
In SUCH A PERFECT WIFE, author Kate White's main character, Bailey Weggins (not Wiggins), is on the scene of another complex murder. This one is in the Adirondack area of New York, on scenic Lake George, where beautiful Shannon Blaine takes off for her usual morning jog and disappears.

Bailey arrives as the search is ongoing. She talks with the family and the volunteers, and begins to investigate what might have happened. Soon she receives a creepy phone call from someone who gives her a tip that
VickiLee
My first question is, “Why this title”? Out of all the characters that peopled these pages, the wife really was of little interest (to me).

A wife goes missing on her morning run and the plot, jagged and lacking in smooth transitions, pulled me through serial killer suspicions, twisted religious reasoning, familial difficulties, and side- stories that seemed useful only to muddy a clear vision of what was going on. There is a central story that held my interest, but only minimally.

I used to love
Audrey Destin
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Reporter. Murder Mystery. Investigation.

Kate White’s SUCH A PERFECT WIFE is number eight in the Bailey Weggins series. I didn’t know this when I started, and I wish I had. I was expecting this book to be more like The Secrets You Keep and assumed from the title it would be about a perfect wife that wasn’t so perfect. All of those assumptions were wrong. Instead, the book is about White’s character, Weggins, who is a crime writer sent to upstate New York to investigate a wife who went
Barbara Schultz
Not really a 4 but more than 3 so rounded up
I wasn’t sure I picked up the correct “Perfect Wife”.
I had The Perfect wife by P.J. Delaney on my TBR list but picked up “Such A Perfect Wife”! by Kate White
BTW: I am sure I am not the only mystery fan who has noticed that soooo many titles have “wife” in them! Yes! it seems to have taken over the “girl” titles !!

This started out a nice surprise!
I became a mystery fan when I was 8 or 9 and introduced to Trixie Belden and then Nancy Drew books.
Michele |
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** All of my reviews can also be found at theoxfordcommamomma.wordpress.com **

I have only read one Kate White book before and that was probably a good five, or more, years ago. I remember loving it and had completely forgotten about this author until winning an early copy of her newest book Such a Perfect Wife.

This book had me hooked from the onset! I haven’t read a mystery like this in so long and was quickly reminded of how much I love them. The story begins with the immediate disappearance of
Gillian Nolan
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a Perfect Wife by Kate White •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A great must thriller which is part of the ‘Bailey Weggins’ series. My favourite part of this book was the setting. Set in the beautiful Adriondack Mountains outside of New York ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Bailey, a freelance journalist is sent to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a local woman. While staying in the small town, Bailey uncovers dark and disturbing secrets while uncovering the truth. •••••••••••••
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Stranger on the Beach
  • The First Mistake
  • The Last House Guest
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • Forgiveness Road
  • Blood Orange
  • Next Girl to Die (The Calderwood Cases, #1)
  • The River
  • The Best Lies
  • Between the Lies
  • Saving Meghan
  • Keep You Close
  • Missing Daughter
Kate White is the award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels of suspense: seven Bailey Weggins mysteries and five psychological thrillers, including The Secrets You Keep. Her next suspense novel, Such a Perfect Wife, will be published on May 7, 2019.

For fourteen years she served as the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, and though she loved the job (and the Cosmo beau

Bailey Weggins Mystery (8 books)
  • If Looks Could Kill (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #1)
  • A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #2)
  • 'Til Death Do Us Part (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #3)
  • Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #4)
  • Lethally Blond (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #5)
  • So Pretty It Hurts (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #6)
  • Even If It Kills Her (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #7)