Start by marking “Almost Midnight” as Want to Read:
Almost Midnight

Almost Midnight

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  8,088 ratings  ·  1,445 reviews
Midnights is the story of Noel and Mags, who meet at the same New Year's Eve party every year and fall a little more in love each time . . .

Kindred Spirits is about Elena, who decides to queue to see the new Star Wars movie and meets Gabe, a fellow fan.

Midnights was previously published as part of the My True Love Gave to Me anthology, edited by Stephanie Perkins and
Published November 2nd 2017 by Macmillan Children's Books (first published October 31st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Almost Midnight, please sign up.
Pumpkin Expression I cannot promise anything but you can order from book depository(they ship internationally).

·  8,088 ratings  ·  1,445 reviews

Start your review of Almost Midnight
Ariel
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has accomplished two things:
1/ It made me giggle with giddiness
2/ It has made rereading Fangirl a necessity for 2018 because I just realized how much I miss Rainbow Rowell!!!

She is so so good at cuteness?! Like WOW. What a talent. I was completely absorbed and taken by these characters in just a few pages. I loved these stories! I definitely think this is better for someone who already loves Rainbow and wants a little more, and that if you’ve never read her before you should start with
High Lady of The Night Court
Rainbow Rowell I don't know how you do it, I don't!
Each story was probably 50 pages and illustrations and I have already fallen in love with characters...HOW DID YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!

The first short story 'Midnights' follows Margaret and Noel who are practically best friends. The short story follows specifically their meeting at New Year for multiple years, and how they both recognize their love for each other.
The second story 'Kindred Spirits' follows Elena and Gabe, who are both waiting in a
Kate (GirlReading)
THIS WAS SO FREAKING ADORABLE. (and somehow even better reading each story the second time around, years later?)

Both stories were unbelievably cute and I fell for all of the characters, unsurprisingly since Rainbow Rowell seems to have a way with writing characters I adore. I couldn't have picked this up at a more perfect time, since I'm going to see the new Star Wars movie on New Year's Eve... This was a perfect, adorable read, made even more perfect by the addition of GORGEOUS illustrations.
Tahera
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rainbow Rowell is one author I still hadn't read but was hearing great things about, here on GR and from friends and colleagues alike. So I decided on reading this book, which consists of 2 short stories, to see if I would like her enough to give her novels a try.....and I think Ms. Rowell and I might get along just fine :).

'You're my best friend,' he said.
'You have a lots of best friends,' she said.
'No, just you.'

Almost Midnight is about Mags and Noel, two young people who meet at a New
Krista Regester
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just over here drinking up every last drop of Rainbow Rowell literature.

Emy
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was gooooood !! and i needed it !
two short stories, the first one about friendship (and it was nice and sweet nd i'm smiling right now), the second one was different, i don't know how to describe it, the whole time i was thinking about BBT( since Sheldon nd his friends used to camp in order to watch star wars), nd i have that feeling abt Elena and Gabe *-* (secretely cheering for the two of them (・ω・)b )
the illustrations were nice, and added some sort of "a taste" to the whole thing, it
Michelle
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s been a couple of days since I’ve finished this book, and I still find myself smitten like a girl with ribbons in her hair, twirling in her favorite dress in the sunshine! Rainbow Rowell just keeps winning my heart with her comforting and deeply enjoyable style of telling a story. While “Almost Midnight” has 2 short stories with simpler, less exciting story lines, it still has Rowell’s trademark of phenomenal dialogue and well-drawn characters. No angst, no villains, no great deception -- ...more
Beth
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Evil Cackle*

I managed to have a sneaky extra read to finish 2017 with! This is my third/fourt Rainbow Rowell book I've read this year, and I really like her has an authour.

Midnights was so good and I'd give the a 4 stars! To say it was less than 50 pages I really wanted to know more, and I was completely invested. Quite fitting I read it on New Years Eve as well!

Kindred Spirits is probably a 3 Stars, even though it was longer I just wasn't as interested, and I didn't get the Star Wars
Divine
"Not everyone knows how to reach out for the things they want. Maybe midnight is exactly what these two need to get rolling—would you begrudge them that?"

Almost Midnight is a collection of two heartwarming stories of young love. And I just can't get enough of it! I love every bit of it, how the chapters are chopped into every New Year's eve until the time I finally reached that beautiful conclusion. I just can't help but feel giddy all over this one shot, plus all the illustrations are so
Amelia Oswald
Actual rating: 3,75 stars
Almost Midnight was really cute, it deserves my 4,75 stars , I don't really care about Star Wars and half of the story nothing happens but the protagonist is a freaking Vietnamese how cool is that and I love that Rowell used "dì" instead of aunt so Kindred Spirits gets 3 stars from me .
Chelsey Ellice
MIDNIGHTS - 5 stars
This one was a little confusing at the start starting in 2014 then going back a few years then jumping back to 2014. After the confusion I loved it. I really enjoyed seeing the glimpse of the friendship and how it grew over time to something more. Loved this one and would have liked to have seen more.

KINDRED SPIRITS - 3 stars
I enjoyed this story and would love to be in a line myself one day with people all dressed up. It would be so fun. When I started this story I wasn’t
Alexandra ☁
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Both the stories and illustrations were adorable!
Ronak Gajjar
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish I would have saved this one for New Year eve.
These are two tiny dazzling pods with delightful illustrations.
Midnights:
Noel & Mags – Why can’t we keep love as simple as them? The only question that did hit me at the ending was all of sudden what changed Noel’s heart from being best friends to love? And then a thought followed that some questions are never meant to be answered.
description
Kindred Spirits:
I loved this one. Elena, Gabe & Troy are so devoted to the Star Wars, their anticipation
Diana
Nov 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
When I got it couldn't get over myself how cute it was. Smallish, glittery and with amazing illustrations. But then, the downsides began: the quality of the paper wasn't that great, and the darker illustrations had bleed through to the next page. In some cases, it also had happened with some of the text, which was in negative on the following page. If the book had been cheaper it wouldn't have been so important, but this book is on the expensive side for what it is (almost 12 for not ahundred ...more
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)

I didn't realise that Almost Midnight already contained two short stories that I already owned, but I'm glad that this edition came with the beautiful, glittery cover and the illustrations. The illustrations added a whole another dimension to the story and I thought they were completely adorable. Both stories were super cute and fluffy.

Midnights was the perfect short story to read on New Years Day, featuring one of my favourite romantic tropes - best friend to lovers relationships. It
Katie
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read, ebooks
Two adorable, fluffy short stories I need before kicking off 2018! I've missed Rainbow Rowell writing style for a while and this book totally brings back all the feels Can't wait to dig in more books next year ...more
Yoda
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two adorable short stories with lovely illustrations. The only short stories (contemporary fiction) that I like are written by Rainbow Rowell.
She should write another novel soon thou, just sayin.
Mae B
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
it was so cute and well written, just my style. A perfect "quick-read". Beautiful cover!
It also made me laugh often.
Elle♣
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
5 stars

RTC
Jessica
Sep 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I've read both of these stories before, so of course I'm going to be buying this.
Theodora
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midnights

4/5 stars

'I know things have to change, but...I can't lose you. I don't think I get another one like you.'
'I'm not going anywhere, Noel.'
'You are,' he said, squeezing her. 'And it's okay. Just...I need you to take me with you.'

Noel and Mags first met in a New Year's Eve party, the same one they're still attending, years later. This year is the first party after graduating from high school and something's different. Mags is tired of watching Noel kiss whichever girl stands closer to
Melissa
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
So cute!!! I love Midnights so much, and Kindred Spirits was so much fun! I would never want to camp out in a line for 4 days straight so kudos to the characters in the book. Just wish these novellas were full on novels.
Natalie
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS VERY CUTE
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'll review both the short stories separately but I can say, overall, this whole thing was just...lovely. It took me like an hour to read them both but they were just what I was looking for, a nice end to my reading challenge and of 2017.

Midnights

This is a New Year's Eve story about two friends who are at a NYE party every year, and where I did think this was a very sweet story, the romance just came out of nowhere. I think they had a nice friendship, it would have been
Andrea Tome
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
So lovely and sweet and cutting-edge like only Rainbow Rowell can be, and the illustrations are gorgeous ...more
Kim
Two very cute and sweet stories. I liked everybody in this book (well, everybody who mattered anyway) and the drawings are beautiful and add so much. I really enjoyed this. This was my firth book by this author and I’m looking forward to more.
Romie
Yep, still in love with these two stories, still not over how cute they were.
Chloe
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
4.25 stars*

Almost Midnights: 4 Stars
Super cute

Kindred Spirits: 4.5 Stars
Really loved this one!! I want a full length novel with these characters!
Fiona✨
4,5 stars

The world would be significantly less beautiful without Rainbow Rowell and her books in it.

This is a short story collection, consisting of two stories that are both so incredibly adorable and heartwarming, I can't even pick a fave. It's exactly what I needed at the moment. I'm usually not easy to please when it comes to contempary romance, especially when it's short stories, but THIS. This is exactly the type of contemporary romance I need in my life. Like, I honestly really really wish
Shaimaa
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, young-adult, romance
Always a treat to read Rainbow Rowell's stories!
Sarah Churchill
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful little sparkly hardback that was fun to read and lovely to own. I'll take both stories individually;

Midnights - I'd read this story before from the 'My True Love Gave To Me' collection of short stories and its ok. I like how the growth of the characters and their relationships is done so well given so little words, but Noel didn't click for me so I can't say it's a favourite.

Kindred Spirits - this was my first time reading this story and I absolutely adored it. The Star Wars,
Play Book Tag: Almost Midnight - Rainbow Rowell - 4* (Decathlon part 3) 1 12 Mar 25, 2018 12:07PM

• Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • What If It's Us
  • Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2)
  • Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet
  • My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Autoboyography
  • Eliza and Her Monsters
  • Emergency Contact
  • The Princess and the Fangirl (Once Upon a Con, #2)
  • The Upside of Unrequited
  • Bloom
  • Radio Silence
  • A Very Large Expanse of Sea
  • Trädhjärta
  • Foolish Hearts
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker
Rainbow Rowell writes books. Sometimes she writes about adults (ATTACHMENTS and LANDLINE). Sometimes she writes about teenagers (ELEANOR & PARK and FANGIRL). But she always writes about people who talk a lot. And people who feel like they're screwing up. And people who fall in love.

When she's not writing, Rainbow is reading comic books, planning Disney World trips and arguing about things that
“I'm not going anywhere, Noel'
'You are,' he said, squeezing her.'And it's okay. Just... I need you to take me with you.”
11 likes
“Mags laughed. 'You're a kaleidoscope. You change every time I look away.” 10 likes