Start by marking “Make Me Want (Make Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Make Me Want (Make Me, #1)

Make Me Want

(Make Me #1)

“I want everything.”

She’s taking control. And it’s driving him wild!

Lucy Baudin’s ex did a number on her self-esteem, but it’s time for her to regain control. In her job as a lawyer she’s bold, confident. But in the bedroom she needs inspiration to reawaken her inner seductress. Asking her friend Gideon Novak for help seems wrong…yet so deliciously right!

“Dare is Harlequi
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 224 pages
Published March 1st 2018 by Harlequin Dare (first published February 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Make Me Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Me Want

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
download (1).jpg

🌟🌟🌟🌟STARS
ARC-BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-22/2/18

Make Me Want (Make Me, #1) by Katee Robert was such an enjoyable read.
It tells the story of Lucy Baudin and Gideon Novak (love the name, Gideon BTW).
When Lucy needs a husband to progress in her job at her law firm she calls in a favour from former friend Gideon.
Gideon once the best friend of Lucy's former fiancee and also the individual that had broken the news of Lucy's fiancee's infidelities is wallowing in guilt.
Not only did it take him a month to
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5 Stars

Helllllooooooo Katee Robert.

Welcome! Glad to meet ya.

Sorry for the serenade but... THIS GIRL IS ON FIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Still. While reading this I considered dialing a friend, because HHHHHAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!

Reading Make Me Want I more than once wished for a warning label and maybe my own personal freezer. Someone should put a blast chiller option on kindles. I needed one.

What prompted me to click the request button are:

(a) The dude on the cover kinda look
Alyssa

Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

“I want everything.”

She’s taking control. And it’s driving him wild!

Maria Rose
Make Me Want by Katee Robert is the first story in her steamy romance series Make Me, part of Harlequin’s new Dare Imprint. It’s a friends to lovers trope story with a hero tasked with finding a husband for the heroine only to discover he wants the role for himself!

Lucy Baudin’s last relationship ended in heartbreak when she discovered her fiance was cheating on her. Not only that, but he’d made her feel inadequate in the bedroom, dealing a blow to her self esteem. She’s an accomplished lawyer b
Elaine
Looking for a relatively quick, steamily hot, contemporary romance - look no further, grab yourself a copy of this, the first in a new series from the highly talented Katee Robert!

At college, Lucy Baudin chose Jeff - the wrong man - to have a relationship with, she really should have looked no further than her friend Gideon Novak! Now she's asking him to be a matchmaker and to teach her how to not be boring in her sexual relationships. Jeff did a really great job of undermining her confidence an
Kirsty 📚📖❤️
This was another book that I'e read lately where I felt disappointed and that there are plenty of other similar books out there that are better. I enjoyed it but didn't really feel it gave me anything original. I couldn't really get into the characters enough to care. Sadly not one for me

Free arc from netgalley
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 21, 2017 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Katee Robert Fans, Romance
Katee, Katee, Katee....
What You have Written...
Your Body of Work says it all...

Of course, I am Interested...
Curious and Waiting...
Of Course, You....

Make Me Want- 2018

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: november-2017
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Make Me Want had a good set up. Lucy needs a fake husband so of course, the headhunter Gideon to take care of things but what they don't expect is that Gideon would very much like so to be Lucy's fake husband and teacher in bed. The story was set up in a way that I didn't really like it. It felt like Lucy was submissive in life and just going through motions, not really being her true self. I wanted her to embrace her life, take more control, i
Jaime Arkin
Full review closer to release but Katee Robert is def a fave in the CR genre for me!
R. Crespo
Hacía mucho tiempo que un libro no me duraba tan poco como me ha durado este. Me llegó un lunes y el domingo de esa misma semana lo terminé (aunque solo leí el libro durante tres días no consecutivos). Ha sido una lectura maravillosa con la que he disfrutado muchísimo.

La historia comienza mostrándonos a Gideon acudiendo a una cita de trabajo con Lucy, una amiga de la que se alejó en el pasado por la culpa que sentía. Lo que jamás esperaría era que ella le propusiera como trabajo que le buscara u
Siobhan
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Having read and enjoyed the second half of Katee Robert’s O’Malley series (I plan to go back and amend the fact I have not read the entire series), I was eager to dive into something new by the author. A new series meant I could follow a story through from the start, watching things unfold and allowing me to appreciate all the small details. Thus, I was more than happy to jump at Make Me Want.

I’ll be completely honest about this one – I was rather disappointed. Forbidden Promises, Undercover Att
Renae
I picked up Make Me Want so I could say I’d given Harlequin’s new(ish) Dare line a try. So now I’ve tried it. Once was enough. Probably never again.

However, I’m sure there are readers who might really enjoy this—obviously Harlequin didn’t start a new category romance line just for fun. Make Me Want is a quick love story that’s heavy on the romance and light on everything else. It’s erotica with a little bit of meat on its bones. And I do see the appeal—it’s just not my style.

Firstly, I was extre
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I absolutely adore Katee Robert's books as they always deliver. It diesnt matter what genre she writes in (contemporary/erotica, suspense or mafia) I WILL read it. So when I saw she was writing a book for Harlequin's new racy Dare line, I could.not jump on this book fast enough! I loved Gideon and lucy. I thought their chemistry was hot and sexy and their connection intense. I could not get enough!

Lucy and Gideon have a history together. As the bestfriend of Lucy's ex-fiance, Gideon has been per
Nadwa
[I recieved a free advance review copy by Harlequin via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review]
My heart is soaring. This book was a perfect read for my hopeless romantic self.
Lucy works at a law firm and she’s got a position just under the CEO. She’s basically married to her job. For work-related purposes, she decides to contact her ex-husband’s (ex) best friend, also a headhunter, Gideon, to hunt her some suitors... Guys willing to marry her on such short notice. And Lucy asks Gideon for a
(Nat) Reading Romances
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

reading romances

“It would have ripped his still-beating heart out of his chest to smile and congratulate her on picking a man who’d do as a husband.”

There’s nothing better than a friends to lovers story, I simply can’t get enough of those! This standalone was engaging, fun and sexy as hell!

Make me want has a predictable plot, but the writing had a great flow and ease about it, and I can certainly say Katee Roberts delivered what was promised. I was impressed by Lucy and Gideon’s chemistry – it was explosive an
Donna Repsher
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make Me Want is Katee Robert's first novel in her new Make Me series for the Harlequin Dare imprint. I've only read a couple of her novels so far, and I have to say that among them, Make Me Want is my favorite so far, and it gets a 5-star rating from this reader.

The principle characters in this novel are Lucy Baudin, an up and coming attorney who has been moving up the ladder at her law firm, but realizes that if she wants the partnership she's been working toward, she'll need a husband to get i
Jessica Alcazar
There’s nothing better than friends find love for each other. It just really warms my heart when I read this trope and Katee Robert did a phenomenal job of making this engaging and fun and all around sexy!

For me, the best part of the story was the unique twist of Lucy having Gideon help her in the bedroom … Gideon has always wanted Lucy for himself so here’s his chance to rope her in completely, right?! I was super giddy reading all of this. It warmed my heart completely.

I’ve read quite a few bo
Tracy- OMGReads
Make Me Want caught my attention from the first page and refused to let go. Lucy approaches her ex fiancé’s friend for help securing a promotion she covets. When they are together the tension sizzles between them.

Lucy was my favorite type of heroine. Strong but shy, capable and determined. I loved her from the first moment, along with Gideon. I loved watching him and Lucy fall in love. He was understanding and so sexy. Gideon and Lucy were a fabulous balance for each other.

Overall, Make Me Want
Helen
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is hot, steamy and fabulous, this one will have you grabbing a fan and a tall glass of water as hero Gideon Novak sets out to help friend Lucy Baudin find a husband and give her lessons in seduction or does Lucy end up seducing Gideon, this is a one sitting read you will not want to put it down.

Gideon works as a head hunter and is very good at his job he is not a party animal he has a few friends and when one from the past, one that he has never forgotten asks to meet with him and the
Nadine Bookaholic
This story was so hot there were times I thought my kindle would melt. I always enjoy a good friends to lovers romance but this one has a different spin on it, you see Gideon and Lucy were friends during a period of time where Lucy was dating Gideon's close friend and they were even engaged to be married but Gideon always wanted Lucy but did the right thing and step aside. Well lets just say a LOT has happened in the two years they hadn't seen on another.

You can see my full review along with an
Isha Coleman
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The fantasy comes to life. Katee Robert has a knack for allowing readers to live vicariously through her imagination. Whether naughty, dangerous or heartbreaking, her characters call to the little voice inside yearning to escape. Make Me Want is a passionate tango of lust, love and liberation. One woman's quest to unlock her inner vixen, brings her heart's desire. HOT!
Lisa

can somebody tell me what the cover dude's name is, asking for a friend-

ANYWAY,

WELP I expected more from Katee because I love her books but this one didn't do it for me. I couldn't care less for the characters, and I didn't feel their chemistry at all. I'm sad because there was so much potential and yet it fell flat for me.

Will keep an eye out for Roman's book, tho.

E-ARC is received thanks to the publisher via Netgalley.
Emma
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
Katee Robert amps up the steam in Make Me Want for Harlequins cheeky new imprint Dare. A sexy friends to lovers story with a little bit of angst to counter the heat :)

Gideon is a recruitment specialist and as such can read people very well, what he doesn't expect is a phone call out of the blue from a former friend and secret crush Lucy to help her find a perfect match to be her....husband!!!!

Lucy is a lawyer and knows the only way to climb the ladder is to project the ideal image, that of both
Sami
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I absolutely love me a romance that is based off of a marriage of convenience. As soon as I read the blurb to this one I just knew that I had to read it.

In order to make partner at her law firm Lucy needs to find a husband. Her ex-fiance cheated on her and made her feel worthless in a relationship and in bed. She turns to Gideon for help to find her a husband. However, Gideon wants to keep her for himself.

While the plot of this story was enjoyable it just seemed very predictable and lacked any
taveena kade
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
***2.75 stars***

When I first picked up this book I expected to be longer, but once I stared reading I felt as though it was more of a novella. Make Me Want follows the story of Lucy, who needs a fake husband to get a promotion, and Gideon, he old friend who runs a recruitment company. Though it is a great story about a pair of friends who become lovers, I fees like The Who story was just going through the motions of a typical romance. I don't feel like there was anything that made this novella s
Brianna
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This was just the thing I needed. Quick, steamy, and an overall easy read. I didn't connect with the characters extremely well, but they were both likable enough. Lucy was an awesome attorney, with intelligence. She was also a reader of romance novels, which I liked. Gideon was an alpha hero, and sometimes so much so, it annoyed me. I mean, telling someone what they can't wear...nope. But still, he wasn't a bad guy, despite his weird insistence to the contrary. He knew right from wrong
Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5 stars

Katee Robert is one of my favorite authors. I like her writing and I always (or almost always) enjoy her books. So, it was almost certain that I would like this book. And I did. I liked the plot and the characters despite their flaws. The main plot is not very original since we have seen many times stories where the hero or the heroine fall for the person who is trying to matchmake them with other people, but the characters are the ones who made a difference. And the author's
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

3.5 Stars

The Harlequin DARE line are shorter, hot and sexy stories. And, they live up to their name.

Lucy almost married Jeff, Gideon's best friend. And, Gideon has been in love with her...forever. So, when she asks him to help tutor her in sex, well, he's all in. (That pun wasn't intended, but darn it, I am leaving it here.)

Is this the most original of storylines? No, but I enjoyed it. I liked the chemistry of Lucy and Gideon. I liked how obvious
Becky Rendon
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ah yes, the joys of dealing with guilt. Friends to not to client? It sounds odd but this is anything but...

Make Me Want is a friends to client with benefits book. Or maybe it's a fairytale? He's wanted her forever. She wants his help. Guilt compelled him to do as she asks. Her desire keeps her going back for more.

This steamy, lusty affair is going to keep you busy and engaged. Straying from these pages while reading is not likely, no, because Make Me Want does just that.

Book received in exchang
Timitra
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Make Me Want is a hot, quick read. I readily admit that it has a ridiculous premise but I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

ARC provided by publisher through Net Galley
  • The Way to School
  • Virion
  • Stranded with the Navy SEAL (Team Twelve #1)
  • Off Limits (Off Limits #2)
  • The Resilient Runner: Mental Toughness Training for Endurance Runners
  • We're going to be friends
  • Landslide (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #1)
  • Compromised in Paradise (Compromise Me, #3)
  • The Talented Mr. Maxwell
  • Undue Influence: A Persuasion Retelling
  • The Russian
  • Magic Runs Deep
  • Blood Veil (Mission, #2)
  • Love on the Tracks (Snow & Ice Games #1)
  • Becoming Lisette
  • Sugar & Spice (Sugar #2)
  • 17 Cents and a Dream
  • Royally Wed (The Royals #3)
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katee Robert learned to tell her stories at her grandpa’s knee. Her 2015 title, The Marriage Contract, was a RITA finalist, and RT Book Reviews named it 'a compulsively readable book with just the right amount of suspense and tension." When not writing sexy contemporary and romantic suspense, she spends her time playing imaginary games with her child ...more

Make Me (3 books)
  • Make Me Crave (Make Me, #2)
  • Make Me Yours (Make Me, #3)