Start by marking “Not My 1st Rodeo” as Want to Read:
Not My 1st Rodeo

Not My 1st Rodeo

(Not My First Rodeo #1)

These cowboys all have a little experience under their belt buckles and they’re gonna to put their hearts on the line one more time.

In Donna Alward’s Nothing like a Cowboy, Brett isn't interested in another run at love, but when he's matched with Melly by an online dating site, he seriously considers getting back in the saddle.

In Something About a Cowboy by Sarah M.
Published June 5th 2017 by Entangled Publishing (first published June 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Not My 1st Rodeo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not My 1st Rodeo

Start your review of Not My 1st Rodeo
Susan
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing like a Cowboy by Donna Alward

Brett isn’t anxious for another go-round at marriage. But when he’s matched with Melly, he seriously considers getting back in the saddle.

Melly is thrilled to find a dyed-in-the-wool cowboy on NotMy1stRodeo.com—until she discovers he’s got his eye on more than just her curves.

Brett has been divorced for a couple of years and has no intention of going there again. He is stunned and angry when his twin sister signs him up on an online dating site and has gone
Jo Ann
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
I purchased this book after reading a stellar review on Dear Author for the Sarah Anderson story. As it turns out, that was my least favorite story in this book.
Donna Alaward 's Nothing Like a Cowboy - 3 1/2 stars (predictable story line but engaging characters).
Sarah Anderson's Something Like a Cowboy - 3 stars (too much inta-lust for me).
Jenna Bayley-Burke's Anything for a Cowboy - 4 stars (really loved the interesting story line and the well drawn characters. Lots of great banter!! Fun,
DJ Sakata
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

He had a good smile. The kind that made a girl feel like he was letting her in on some sort of secret.

We’ll hit Duke’s and let guys buy us drinks until you’re ready to be an orgasm donor.”

I hate going to the meet market, which is why I shop for my arm candy online.”

‘Do I want to go in your barn and see your snake?’ She gave a quick laugh and then pulled a serious face. ‘I mentioned how I break noses, right?’

We’re supposed to hide our crazy when we’re in town.

My
Deb
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful. The story premise was great - an innovative take on online dating. I loved that they were both a little gun shy. Brett's reluctance at first to get involved was a nice counterpart to Melly's optimism. They were both good people who had their own baggage which colored their respective reactions as events unfolded. The conflict that arose between them only emphasized how much they had in common. The resolution was brilliant and gave everyone what they needed. It left me feeling warm and ...more
Brianne
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboy, novellas
I liked the alward story well enough. I found melissa a little hard to get used to and a little quick to jump to conclusions.

I really liked the Anderson story. There was a lot of heartache involved and growth that's was necessary for Mack, but of the three it made me feel the most.

I was not a fan of the last story. I did not like jacy or her reason for most of her actions, or the way she went about doing things and lying. I also wasn't such a fan of ray. These things took me out of the story
Cheryl Lemon
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not My First Rodeo Boxed Set

Three great stories. Fast pace, sexy stories. Great characters. Loved the son Tommy in the last book. Laid it on the line to Dad.
Bernie
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not My 1st Rodeo contains three lovely short romances written by authors Donna Alward, Jenna Bayley-Burke and Sarah M. Anderson.
Char (1RadReader59)
When two people have been seriously burned in previous relationships that resulted in divorce you find that they are gun shy. To even dating. Yet, Melly Walker had hopes that if she went back to her roots of a good old country girl she would be grounded again.
So, imagine how excited she was when she found a dating site for ranchers and cowboys. Since she had grown up on a ranch that was for her. Especially, since she had met her ex in college and she was attracted to his flash of city life,
Eileen
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great little anthology with the same theme. The 3 authors took a theme of couples using a dating website and created 3 unique stories. A prominent theme throughout was trust. It takes a bit of trust in the system, a bit of trust to believe the other person and a trust in their own feelings to know what is right.
Nothing Like a Cowboy by Donna Alward started it off with 2 reluctant people going on a first date for coffee. Brett & Melly had an instant attraction until unknown details
Mary
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
All three short novellas in the Not My 1st Rodeo anthology had unique takes on the dating website scene. However, a common theme in the series was trust. Can you trust what someone has written on their profile? Can you trust someone you have just met enough to let them into your life? Can you trust your own feelings when you've been burned before and are uncertain about your own judgement?

Luckily these rugged cowboys and determined, independent women make the roller-coaster ride of dating in the
Tanya Brown
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was given to me by one of the authors for an honest review. We have 3 stories all centered around a dating website named Not My 1st Rodeo. The guys tip their hats and the women wink if interested. 3 men signed up by a family member decide to give it a shot. Trust, distance and moving forward whether they are ready to or not makes each story a must read. Heartfelt emotions at times but each of these couples are taking that first step forward. I loved this set of books.
Deb Diem
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not My 1st Rodeo is a collection of 3 stories by Donna Alward, Sarah M. Anderson and Jenna Bayley-Burke. This is a fabulous collection of 3 quick reads. These stories are fun, well written and are linked by an online dating site called....Notmyfirstrodeo. The characters in these books are lovable and the books are filled with humor, drama and sexy bits. I look forward to reading more from these authors in the future. Each story in this book is a complete book, no cliff-hangers.
Kim
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me forever to get through this because of the first novella. I found the heroine to be kind of a judgey bitch. I stopped and read other books part way through it. Once I went back to it and got through that story, the second two went pretty quick and I enjoyed them a lot more. I think I liked the Sarah M. Anderson one the best (why I picked it up in the first place - go figure).
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Good read

I love those cowboys! Spunky, sexy, down-to-earth heroines. Hunky, hot, stubborn cowboys. Who could ask for more? Add to the mix pretty good story lines and you have a good box set. Recommend
Jacquellyn
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These 3 novellas were short and sweet. Perfect for a one day read. I preferred the 3rd book. I thought there was more depth and intriguing characters and story lines in that book. However, I enjoyed the entire set.
Marcella
This bundle was worth buying because of the last story in this bundle.

Nothing Like a Cowboy - Donna Alward - 4/10
Something about a Cowboy - Sarah M Anderson - 7/10
Anything for a Cowboy - Jenna Bayley-Burke - 9/10
Jackie Rogers
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book contains 3 stories by 3 different authors. Not My 1st Rodeo is a web sight for those divorced or single due to death of a spouse. Three couples become involved with troubles on all 3 fronts. Is a romance by computer. Thanx to Goodreads for this book.
Gerd
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I admit to likely not being terribly fair to the book, and that given its publisher it probably is exactly what other reads will expect it to be - but personally I didn't like the characters in the first story much (like none at all), so I feel safe to say that it's not mine.
Marsha Paul
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Throughly enjoyed reading this book! Love it!
Laurel
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-copy, anthology
Nothing Like a Cowboy- 3 stars,
Something About a Cowboy - 5 stars,
Anything for a Cowboy - 3 stars
Sue Stewart
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved these 3 books - review individually.
Annette Lakas
May 05, 2018
Chrissy Dionne
Dec 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
The Club Blogs Bo...: Not My First Rodeo Boxed Set Sale .99 1 3 Jun 20, 2017 07:45PM

• Compromising Positions
  • The Billionaire's Runaway Fiancée
  • The Billionaire's Holiday Engagement
  • Don't Mess with Texas (Hotter In Texas, #1)
  • Beauty and the Recluse
  • Mountain Man's Girl
  • Bought by The Billionaire Rancher: A Modern Day Small Town Romance (Evergreen's Mail-Order Brides Book 4)
  • Ignite The Spark Between Us (Searing Saviors #4)
  • The Billionaire Cinderella Test (Billionaire Online Dating Book 2)
  • Sweet Rose (Baytown Boys #10)
  • Tragic (Lark Cove, #3)
  • More Than He Bargained For (Santa Barbara Sunsets Book #2)
  • His Second Chance at Forever (Santa Barbara Sunsets Book One)
  • Robert B. Parker's Old Black Magic (Spenser, #46)
  • Rescued by Love (Park City Firefighter Romance #4)
  • Sweet Christmas Kisses 5
  • Unforgettable Thrills - Passion and Power (The Unforgettables Book 9)
  • Running Blind (Jack Reacher, #4)
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more

Not My First Rodeo (2 books)
  • Not My First Rodeo 2 Boxed Set