Start by marking “The Chocolate Lab (The Chocolate Lab #1)” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate Lab (The Chocolate Lab #1)

The Chocolate Lab

(Chocolate Lab #1)

Cocoa is cooking up trouble!

Take one family's chocolate shop, add a dash of competition with the fancy new store on the block, stir in a candy-crazy Labrador named Cocoa...and you've got a recipe for disaster! If Mason and Hannah can win first prize at the annual Chocolate Expo, they may be able to save their parents' shop. But Cocoa can't control himself in the kitchen. A
Published October 10th 2017 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Lab, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate Lab

Ellen
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Chocolate Lab is a cute little story that plays on the title. Not only is it about a dog who happens to be the chocolate labrador breed, but the family that owns the adorable scamp on the cover is a chocolate-making family who have a special area for creating the latest in cocoa-inspired confections. The book sweetly tells of the misadventures of the pup who almost ruins the family's chances to have the best treats in the neighborhood. More interesting to me, though, was the old-fashioned ch ...more
Lace
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a cute little chapter book for elementary readers. My daughter loved it!
zapkode
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – Cocoa is a rambunctious mischief making chocolate lab puppy. His two favorite humans are Mason and Hannah, a brother and sister, that are the children of the owners of the local chocolate shop.

Mason and Hannah’s parents are having to make a huge decision when it comes to the future of both their family and their chocolate shop. In order to make that decision they are having to leave them with their grandfather while they go to another city and look into their options. No one in t
Kathy Maggiacomo
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elementary-ya
This book was fun to read with my 8 year old. It had some local history blended in and I enjoyed learning about the process of chocolate making (modern and old fashion) I liked the characters, kooky grandpa, the kids working together and loving parents. The local family that also has a candy store is a family that the reader will love to "hate". This story is silly and fun and has a happy ending.
Kate
Jan 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
My 7-year-old got bored and annoyed with this book as we read it together. Rushed through the last chapter just to get it over with. As I told her, "Some other kids might love it, but it just wasn't for us." Won't be reading any more in this series.
AMY
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grades 2-5
106 pages. This is a very good story with lots of action at the chocolate store. The dog keeps getting out and causing to many problems. And you will enjoy guessing who is letting the dog out… Great book for grades 2-5. Highly recommended.
Emilee
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book; this book is amazing and I kept wanting to read it, it was very adventurous and it was a great book! I would recommend it to anyone of any age level.
Sara
Audrey’s pick for family book.
Katrina O'Rourke
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-4050
This was a very cute book, I love Labs! I like that the author took a chocolate Lab and a chocolate shop and put them together into a story. This is a great book for all ages! It is a very short book and a easy read. My forth grade daughter read it in two hours. I think everyone should read it, it was a very cute story.
Kathleen
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute story! I found the dog getting loose all the time to be annoying and upsetting, but it turns out there's a reason for it. What a neat idea!
Issac Whitley
It was a good book I liked it I read it to my little sister she loved it so did I.
Biancah
Aug 09, 2018
Mariah Somers
May 25, 2016

Chocolate Lab (3 books)
  • Tug-of-war (The Chocolate Lab #2)
  • Top Dog (The Chocolate Lab #3)