Start by marking “EXP1RE (EXPIRE Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:

(EXP1RE Duet #1)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  466 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
Numbers.
They haunt me.
I can't look into a person's eyes without seeing the six-digit date of their death.
I’m helpless to change it, no matter how hard I try.
I’ve trained myself to look down. Away. Anywhere but at their eyes.
My camera is my escape. My salvation. Through its lens, I see only beauty and life—not death and despair.
Disconnected from all those around me, I’m
Published October 26th 2017 (first published October 24th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about EXP1RE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about EXP1RE

Jennifer Kyle
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Erin Noelle provides an entertaining read with a very cool cliffhanger. The story is very hard to review without giving much away so I’m going to zip my lips on this one and leave you with a quote.

"We aren’t an accidential meeting of souls. Trust the timing of your life.”

description

The story was well paced and exciting. I'm definitely pumped up to see what happens next!
Elizabeth
"Anytime, anywhere. I'm all yours."
description

Exp1re is the first book in the Exp1re Duet. Offering a unique plot, complex characters, and passion, this contemporary/sci-fi hybrid is one that will certainly peak your interest and keep you guessing the entire read.

description
"Unfortunately, time isn't on our side."
Lyra Jennings is a loner who has found success as a photographer. Using her camera as a shield, she has found a way to cope with the losses she has experienced in her life. In addition to experiencing
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Fantasy
Type: Book 1 of 2 from Exp1re Duet
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Lyra Jennings was a recluse. As a photographer, her job was to capture life, yet she avoided living her own life. She was born with an ability that quickly became a burden the moment she figured it out.

Tavian West was a daredevil. Living life to the fullest had become his mantra for the past few years. An unexpected encounter with the uptight Lyra triggered something in him that urged him to ope
Alaina Meserole
“Life is measured in width and depth, rather than length, Lyra. We can’t control how long we’re here, but we sure as hell can decide what we do with the time we’re given.”

So, EXP1RE is actually the first book that I have ever read by Erin Noelle and I am not disappointed one bit. This book was amazing the entire time. It definitely captures you from the first page and keeps you hooked throughout the characters amazing journey. Speaking of the characters, I absolutely loved both Lyra and Tavian.
CC

Lyra Jennings was born with a special gift but it can also be viewed as a curse. Not knowing what her vision of numbers meant until one memorable day, Lyra then guarded her heart and chose to live a life at a distance from others. As a professional photographer, Lyra is able to observe and not form connections. Deciding it’s time to complete a task she’s postponed for years, Lyra takes a trip to Europe in search of resolution and possibly new creative discoveries.

“I’m ready to ‘surrender to wh
Shayna
top pick

One of the most breathtaking, fascinating, and thought-provoking reads of the year! Erin Noelle has left me speechless!

EXP1RE is not only my very first read by author Erin Noelle, it’s unlike any romance I’ve ever read before! The amount of JOY and the amount of trepidation going into this book was REAL! To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. This book was absolutely PHENOMENAL! EXP1RE is book one in the EXP1RE DUET and it will BLOW YOUR MIND! I’m kicking myself for not r
Kate's Corner
Timitra
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Stars

It took me a while to get into Exp1re but when I did I couldn't devour it fast enough. I definitely recommend it highly and cannot wait to see what happens in the conclusion.
BookSmacked
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well holy shit !!!!! It is my first read by Erin Noelle and what a way for me to discover a new to me author because Exp1re was simply amazing.

This book is unlike any other book I have read. The storyline so interesting, intriguing and just well different but had me thinking about what life would be like as the main female character. To look into someone's eyes and know when they were going to die I don't know how I could do it.

This book starts off with a fair amount of tragedy and its heart b
Doris
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one....now have to wait for the next one!
Sammie Lynn
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First, let me start by saying, I saw the covers for the EXP1RE duet and instantly thought 'Heyo! Erin Noelle is writing again, and I'm definitely going to want these books on my shelf'. I mean Come On!! LOOK HOW DIFFERENT THEY ARE COMPARED TO EVERYTHING OUT THERE. They are colorful and eye catching (pun intended). GORGEOUS

BUT what makes this book even better- she wove an even more beautiful story inside the cover. THIS STORY. It was unbelievably original. It was like nothing I have read before,
Tammy
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exp1re by Erin Noelle
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Excellent! Must read! Exp1re is Book one in a duet! It is like nothing I’ve read before. Unique and had me hooked from the start! Just imagine being able to see when people will expire. Haunting. Then falling in love and knowing when it will end.
This is a tidbit of what is the book Exp1re! Trust me.... you will love it! I can’t wait for Etern1ty book two. Coming soon to follow. I a dying to find out what happens next!!!
Hands down.... this is a 5-star read!
Michelle Mclellan
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. The creativity and imagination behind this book is amazing. The journey that Erin takes us on is phenomenal. Fate put these people together. I can't wait to see the outcome in book 2. Easily a 5 star read.
Melissa Meyer
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erin definitely captured my attention from the first chapter to the last. I need more of this AMAZING story!! This book is unlike anything I have read. It was intense and kept me on the edge of my seat!! Must read of 2017.
Jennifer Van
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erin Noelle at her finest. A beautiful story of finding yourself and discovering love. Of two characters learning what they're capable of. I was sucked into EXP1RE from word one and loved every single word after. Erin weaved together a story that was more than just a romance. The details that went in to this story had me feeling like I was with Tavian and Lyra on their adventures. One of the best I've read of 2017 and, dare I say, the best of Erin Noelle yet.
Courtney
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Exp1re is the first book in Erin's duet series, Expire. And once again, my review will be extremely vague as giving anything away, gives away the story. So this review will be mostly what this book made me feel while reading it.

"Life is measured in width and depth, rather than length. We can't control how long we're here, but we sure as hell can decided what we do with the time we're given."

Exp1re is about fate, destiny and always living life fully. My heart was fully vested in this book fro
Loriidae
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-novella
Present tense. Dual POV. A great premise but would have enjoyed more emphasis on the numbers, plus well yeah (view spoiler)
Lissa Rice
**5 Boundless Stars** Full Review and Rating will be up on Boundless Book Reviews
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
OMG. The whole concept of this book has had me on the edge of my seat and flying through the pages! I couldn’t get anything else done! I’m so grateful I can jump immediately into book 2 after writing this review!

I really don’t want to divulge too much about this storyline, but the twist at the end of this book took me by surprise. I can’t even imagine where book 2 will take us and what solution or conclusion it could possibly come to aside from the inevitable. This is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED read!
Barbara
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not into paranormal or fantasy books. When I was given the opportunity to be on a launch team for Erin’s duet release she mentioned it had a small fantasy element in the story but I decided to step out of my comfort zone and apply for the team. Erin is one of my favorite authors and I trusted her to give me one hell of a story and that she did.

We discover in the prologue that tragedy strikes Lyra as a young girl. So as a young adult she is withdrawn and keeps to herself. As she travels to S
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 It's All In the Numbers Stars ~

FULL REVIEW to come for Blog Tour.... PHENOMENAL!!! This is definitely one book you will want to add to your TBR list. Make sure it's close to the top because you will want to 1-click this book as soon as it releases!!!

FULL REVIEW Now Posted ::

WOW!!!! That’s truly the only word that comes to mind after reading Exp1re by Erin Noelle.

I didn’t know what to expect going into this book, but what Erin
Stacey
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This. Freaking. Book.
Erin Noelle has managed to create a story so creative and original, unlike any plot I've ever seen before. The premise is intriguing to say the least, but from the very first scene, the reader is captivated and hooked. The beginning has you feeling compassion for this sweet young character that is forced to grieve the loss of her parents. The character development is spot on from the first words and you are instantly attached to Lyra. Soon after, the story jumps to one of t
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
Exp1re is the first book in the ‘Exp1re Duet’ and introduces the reader to Lyra who didn’t have an easy life. Meeting Tavian at the absolute worst time is the beginning of a friendship, that slowly transforms into something much more. I need the next part of the Duet, Etern1ty now!
“Why?” I whisper. “Why me?” “Because, buttercup.” He smiles, his eyes sad, and kisses the tip of my nose. “We aren’t an accidental meeting of souls. Trust the timing of your life.”

After the death of her parents, Lyra
Denise Marie
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I’m ready to ‘surrender to what is’ and ‘let go of what was’—the first two steps in my newly adopted life motto. Or at least that’s what I keep reminding myself. Hopefully after I conquer those, I’ll figure out how to ‘trust in what will be.”

This book and lines like these had my heart in knots. I am not sure how to put into words or process all my feelings. The storyline is creative and unique. The characters are relatable and wonderful. Erin takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions throughout
Shannon
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Wow. Wow.
This book came of out left field and has me all discombobulated and I love it. But I reserve the right to change my mind, pending the outcome of book 2...I need to know that the numbers can change! I need that more than I need my next piece of chocolate. And if you know me, that's saying something.
Guh, what can I say about these characters and this book??? Whatever it is won't be much because I don't want to spoil anything. But what I will say is this...I love these 2 characters.
H
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Not a proper review because yeah well, I DNF'ed, half into the book. LOL. I hated both characters with a passion. Both are T R A S H. The Hero has a freaking girlfriend back home but is all touchy with the heroine. And the heroine's aware of that but doesn't seem to give a shit about it.

Like I said, T R A S H, BOTH OF THEM.
Ashley
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know what to say. Wow. My mind is completely blown!
Jamie❤Books
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***** 5 "I'm all Yours" Stars *****

eye

The most intimate thing in the world is looking into someone's eye. You can truly understand them and see the emotions they are feeling.

But what if you look into a stranger's eyes and see a six digit number.

Lyra has this unique ability and until she was 10 years old never really understood what it all meant until tragedy struck and she is comes to the horrible realization that those 6 numbers are the day each person is going to die. There is nothing she can
Alison Maxwell
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is unlike anything I’ve read. The premise is unique and the story sucked me in from page one
The Book Bee
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 5 STARS
"Midnight may surround us, but I'll be damned if I let her slip into the darkness."

OK, for this being my first FANTASY genre book, I am in love . This was a WIN for me!! Honestly and seriously, I cannot wait for the second book!! To set a record, this is my first fantasy, not of this world read, and I am so excited to read more. Erin Noelle is a newer author for me. I have read one other book of hers, and I really liked her writing. It flowed and the cadence really worked for
Erin Noelle is a Texas native, where she lives with her husband, two daughters, and three fur babies. When she's not reading or writing romance novels, she enjoys winning at cards and board games, awkward people-watching in public places, and doing cartwheels at the most random times. She's usually barefoot, is never without a song in her head, and currently holds the title of World's Best Procras ...more

EXP1RE Duet (2 books)
  • ETERN1TY (EXPIRE Duet, #2)