Start by marking “Black Magic Glitterbomb” as Want to Read:
Black Magic Glitterbomb

Black Magic Glitterbomb

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Benji Seung is not one of the good guys. He commands dark magic; he looks out for himself before all else; he kills rival mages and steals their coffee makers. Life is good--or at least as good as it’s going to get for a guy whose soul grows more tainted with every passing day.

Everything changes when he accidentally rescues Kit, a wide-eyed young man down on his luck and l
Published May 29th 2017 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Black Magic Glitterbomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Magic Glitterbomb

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
What the hell did I just read? How is this the same author who wrote the amazing

Spectacularly Broken (Spectacularly Broken, #1) by Sage C. Holloway

Black Magic Glitterbomb is a spoof of sorts, a weird black-comedy romp about a magician (don't call him a wizard) named Benji and a non-magical guy named Kit (not to be confused with kid).

The story begins in the middle. The first page has Benji and Kit casually drinking coffee after Benji rescues Kit and kills the people who were going to hurt him.

Later, Benji steals the coffee maker and offers to let Kit stay in
Thank gawd it's over!!

I went into this for short, cute fluff and all I got was boredom and predictability. The blurb sounded interesting, but I am soooo disappointed. I figured out who the "villain" was at 40% and I get that this was somehow supposed to a be a funny Valentine's Day spoof, but when you kiss someone to make them be quiet, that takes away soooo many romantic points. Plus! How even is this a relationship? They barely know each other! I skipped over the sex scene but according to oth
Gillian
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up

I liked to relax over a cup of coffee and the body of my enemies.

When that's the first line, you've totally got me hooked. I liked this funny, little novella. I thought it was kinda charming the way it sort of just jumped into the story, without any background information or world-building. It's almost like it was thumbing it's proverbial nose at the standard PNR format and I appreciated the cheekiness of it.

I also liked the fact that the MCs didn't adhere to the traditiona
Alisa
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was not good for me at all. It just started at some random event & then speeds through a few more. There was no world building, no character development, it wasn't funny (but I think it was supposed to be), there was zero connection between the MC's. I was bored & skimmed the last 25% just to get over with.

I'm giving it a 2 star because there weren't any editing issues & the technicality of the writing was fine, but if I based it on enjoyment, this would be a 1 star.
Karen
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm such a sucker for humor in my books and this little gem delivered. Plenty of quotable/highlighted passages even if this took less than 2 hours to read.

I surely hope there will be more adventures for Benji and Kit.
Ali
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

This was a good story. Benji is just a mess of contradictions, he practices black magic but refuses to do blood magic which is the worst of all and from the beginning he will do anything to protect Kit from other magic users. Kit is quite innocent and accepting but will stand his ground on what he wants.

We see this story from Benji’s point of view, so we can see how he struggles to accept help let alone allow Kit
Donna
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-bytes, m-m
3.5 STARS

Benji is an atrumancer, and don’t you dare make the mistake of confusing that with a wizard, or he might decide to kill you. He deals with dark magic, and other dark magic users, and it’s over the bodies of two such users that he meets Kit. And don’t you dare make the mistake of calling him Kid, or he may throw a frozen TV dinner at your head. Or chase you with a broom. Or even just pout really hard. Kit has plenty of weapons of his own, they just aren’t as flashy as Benji’s. Benji migh
Sierra
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great little novella, funny and fun. Kit made me smile and sometimes laugh with his innocence, mothering, cheerfulness, and determination to drag Benji into a lighter place than he's been inhabiting. Benji was a great character as well. Kit is like a stray that he seems to both kick himself for bring home and to fall in love with despite himself. But would a evil mage bother to bring such a happy, sweet guy home? We discover a lot about both characters as they each try to take care of ...more
Joyfully Jay
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

I like a good short story. But, there’s an art form to it and each component has to be balanced just right for it to come together. Here, the characters seemed alright, but we are never given the opportunity to really get to know them.

The story sort of starts in the middle, but then never catches up. We learn that Benji is an atrumancer or someone that deals with dark magic, but that’s about all we learn about him. He had an ex that got him into magic, but where m
Barbara
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This novella as you start the first page sets you on your feet running. Benji and Kit meet up after Benji inadvertently kills the two men who are holding Kit to use as black magic sacrifice. Benji grudgingly takes kit into his home and from there the magical fireworks start off with someone stealing a lot of Benji's magic. More incidents happen as Kit and Benji get deeper into a relationship. A lot of kisses and some hot sex later we reach a HEA for the two. A really good short read that I recom ...more
S.N. McKibben
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable

Short. Sweet. And a great story all around. Great entertainment for a quick read. Loved Kit. Loved Benji. There were great together and qouls love to see more of the two of them!
Lie
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
I felt everything was happening sort of in a rushed and random way. First person pov threw me off and characters felt a bit bland. And then an out of nowhere sex scene,that was so detailed and didn't seem to fall in the same flow as the book. For some reason this didn't work for me.
Tori
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
This was cute and the world building was interesting, but it suffered from being a novella. I wanted to see more of both the world and the characters. The relationship felt really rushed.
Anu
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Delightful little story, so so charming and wonderful
asdfghl
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute, very fast paced book

Feels a bit rushed and you can guess the plot - but it's lovingly fluffy and sarcastic with an unexpectedly hot sex scene (really, that was great).
Ash
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
The title was the best part of this story.
Michael
3.5 Stars. Short, cute and humorous. I liked it.
Manlove
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
A wee bit of humorous, glittery fluff.
JR
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mystery, magic
A Lot Of Fun

This was a nice little short story, with magic, cupcakes and romance. I had lots of fun and a good time.

Shymsal
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I was hoping I'd like this more than I did. It was a nice light diversion, but didn't hold my attention.
Madame Malice
Jul 02, 2017
Dionne
Sep 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sage C. Holloway is a parent, sex-positive feminist, pet store employee and resident fruitcake. Her childhood dream consisted of being a writer and an astronaut, and so far, she is about fifty percent there.

She has one husband, who seems to be the only one capable of putting up with her on a regular basis, and one toddler with a life goal of wreaking the ultimate havoc. She is also owned by three