Start by marking “Desire Of The Heart (De Bron Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desire Of The Heart (De Bron Saga, #1)

Desire Of The Heart

(De Bron Saga #1)

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A radiant Saxon beauty...an ambitious Norman nobleman...in a war-torn land, they fought for a most powerful, turbulent love!
Daughter of a once-proud Saxon family, Kendra grew to womanhood under the shadow of her family's brutal overlord, Reynard de Bron. Lovely and defiant, she aroused the Norman knight's rage - and his lust. But noble Geoffrey de Bron spared her from his
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 407 pages
Published December 1st 1990 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Desire Of The Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desire Of The Heart

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of Desire Of The Heart (De Bron Saga, #1)
Karla
May 02, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
After 25%, I'd already gotten tired of Geoffrey's dithering blue balls towards Kendra and the recurrent plot device of Geoffrey's ebil brother Reynard cornering Kendra, and Geoffrey saving her butt, only to go into another cycle of pining lust between our couple, followed by Kendra-in-peril and then followed by Geoffrey to the rescue.

The sad thing is I read this as a teen. I remember nothing about it beyond the cover, but I assume I enjoyed it. But I loved all kinds of mediocre crap as a teenage
Regan Walker
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 and 1/2 Stars - A Worthy Tale of Love in the Time of Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury

Set in London and Canterbury, England in 1162-64 (Epilogue 1170), this is the story of Kendra, a peasant whose sister died while giving birth to the child of their brutal overlord’s rape. When Kendra plunges a knife in the overlord, she is saved from death by his brother, Geoffrey de Bron, who pleads for her life. King Henry II, who has promised Geoffrey a boon, gives her to Geoffrey.

There’s a worthy A
Diane Madison
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was well researched (I am a history major and know a lot about the reign of Henry II) and reflects the times and how women were treated. Kendra is the kind of woman who is determined to learn how to read and write when such a luxury was denied females. Her love for Geoffrey is her guiding light that helps her to overcome all obstacles in her path.
*mybooksrule*
Dec 04, 2019
Angie
Sep 13, 2011
Nicole
Mar 19, 2016
MRS HODGSON
rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2020
Gina
Nov 13, 2018

• Vows of Pain & Passion
  • Chivalrous
  • Hau Tree Green (Kahlo and Crowe Mysteries #2)
  • Girls in Pink (Kahlo and Crowe Mysteries #1)
  • The Violet Crab (Kahlo and Crowe Mysteries #3)
  • Running Is My Therapy: Relieve Stress and Anxiety, Fight Depression, Ditch Bad Habits, and Live Happier
  • Ravished (A Novella)
  • The Lovely Bones
  • No Time for Tears
  • Love Tide
  • The Enchanted Land
  • The Devil's Slave
  • The Slow Awakening
Katherine Vickery is a pseudonym for Kathryn Kramer. The name "Vickery" is her mother's maiden name.

Kramer also collaborated on novels with her mother Marcia Hockett. Those novels were published under the pen name Kathryn Hockett

De Bron Saga (2 books)
  • Lady Outlaw (De Bron Saga, #2)

News & Interviews