Start by marking “Tempting Raven (Curse of the Vampire Queen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempting Raven (Curse of the Vampire Queen, #1)

Tempting Raven

(Curse of the Vampire Queen #1)

Eighteen-year-old Raven was just an ordinary vampire until Fate chose her as the new vampire queen. And Fate has a twisted sense of humor because it chose Rhyland Midnitegale as king, who just happens to be her sworn enemy.

Raven isn’t thrilled about ruling with Rhyland, but if she doesn’t step up to her title, the chaos, rebellions, and murders taking over the vampire wo
Published May 29th 2017

Start your review of Tempting Raven (Curse of the Vampire Queen, #1)
Jacqueline's Reads
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, ku, pnr, ya
4.5 Super Cute PNR YA Stars

I haven’t read a Jessica Sorensen read in a long time. She’s the kind of author where you start a book and you keep on reading her books for days. I’ll probably binge read this series because she knows how to hold your interest.

I was in a YA PNR mood and this book hit all the marks with me.

Feisty Young Heroine.
Mysterious Hero obviously interested in the Heroine
Cute storyline

Raven is your typical girl… right? She’s ordinary with ordinary powers, it’s her sister that is
✨ Husnah ✨
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
3.5 Stars

OH MY GOD! IT CAN'T END LIKE THAT
That was one hell of a twist at the end...I can't wait!! I need book 2..
Damn..
Attack Salmon
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
The world building is kinda off on this one.

I can't say how to do a great world building. But I feel Jessica Sorensen is only throwing weird vampire society rules out at random instead of giving those out in a logical manner that makes it sounds convincing . Hard to explain well this is only book 1 soooo

That cliffhanger ending ..... not convincing. It feels like it is thrown in for the sake of needing a cliffhanger. There were no clues or hints prior to let the readers make some guesses or susp
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
That ENDING. WHAT THE.
Runningrabbit
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ravenous for More

A good first book in the unravelling of a new series. Vampires, fey, a rebellion and secrets abound. I'm definitely interested to know what comes next.
Jeanny
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Elle
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
this was the most rushed book I have ever read in my life
it was like an onslaught of information and BAM "the end"--no jk, just a really sudden cliffhanger

like what the fuckkkkkk
Robin Trim
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I need more! Fast!

Even though I've read and loved all of Jessica's books, I was a little bit hesitant with this one. I planned on reading it at some point, but it seems like vampire stories often become a repeat of a story that I've read before. It's all been written before. Or so I thought....

Wow! Just wow! I cannot wait for the next one. Will Raven figure it out in time? Why was Rhyland always so mean? What is the fae queen up to? So many questions!!! I cannot wait for the next book!
Brandi
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!

What a story! I was hooked from the beginning. The world and characters really create the perfect environment for the juicy plot of this book. I can't wait to read the next book!
Nikki Archer
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this

Yesssss. I love this vampire world different love raven she a lil hard to deal with but she’s damaged from the past thank you reliving the same life over and over again Now I’m on to book 2
Coco.V
Sep 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (9/17/2019)! 🎁
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
This was my 1st paranormal book of Jessica.. & it was a heart-throbing experience. I'm so hyped for the 2nd book😍

Raven was a normal Vampire until she found out she's the vampire queen, the most powerful vamp out there & Her childhood Enemy is the king..

Things go seriously south when she found life she knew was lie... That she has a curse & is living the same life - born, oppressed, crowned queen, death - for unknown times..

& Everyone she knew is lying- they know... she has to find a way to get t
Andrea Heltsley
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read
Great start! It was the perfect story set in the Mystic Willow Bay community. I'm waiting on the next installment of the witches series. I'm looking forward to reading more of Raven's story. Five glittery stars!
Lisa Lopez
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captivating

Just when you think you have it figured out in comes a twist. Excited to read book two. Excellent read.
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. It started off very typical with the main character pulling the woe-is-me card and having no friends. What happened after that blew everything out of the water. Though I would love it if the author had gotten this book through a few more rounds of editing.

I liked Raven. She's the type of character that I see myself in if I were ever in her shoes. She's suspicious and questions everything. She wants explanations for (
Stephanie Duncan
The first book was okay, the h Raven was extremely childish, to the point where i felt she was trying to act like a 16 year old. I could live with this for the first book, so i got book 2, it was EXTREMELY SHORT and i was kind of surprised by this, book 2 should not be considered a full length novel and more of a short novella, in book 2 Raven and gang heads off on adventure to cure her.

Book 3 ..... -shakes head- this book is horrible, they are still stuck exactly where they were, very little ac
Iris Hunter (InstagramREADS)
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reading time: 3 hours
Rating: 4.5 stars
Super Cute PNR YA Book with vamps and teens
NEGATIVE > Light disappointment about the way the lead female is constant kept out of the loop!

The characters read a bit the same as the Capuring Magic Series by Jessica Sorensen I have read last week. And this book also contains a female character that is kept out of the loop. while other characters let her know they know more. It was annoying in with the Capuring Magic books and it was frustrating to read in this
Lynn's books
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well take a bite out of me

This story is absolutely awesome! I am not a huge vampire storyline girl. Nope not at all but I recently read Forever Violet by the same author and oh my stars it was good. So yeah, read this synopsis and liked the tangled love story and dove in. Sorensen did it again. The book is true to the synopsis but it also has so much more. Seriously didn't see the back story at all. Didn't even see the surprise turns until I was gripping my kindle hanging on for the next "page".
Nicole
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Page Turner. Wanted More. Mystery That Needs To Be Unraveled.

I definitely recommend this book. I was actually surprised. I was expecting some mediocre romance with vampires and what I got was a book that tempted me into its plot, intrigue, romance, characters, and mystery. I'm looking forward to book 2 where, hopefully, Raven gets all the answers to her questions.

(view spoiler)
Gen Aljoe
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting

I was looking for a new book and decided to check and see what Jessica had available and came across this and it happened to be free with kindle unlimited so I figured I would give it a try. I loved the shattered promises books and have read them all more than once so I knew I would love this. I was right. As soon as I started reading I was hooked. From the first chapter I was enthralled with the story of Raven. The world in which this story takes place isn't really explained well so
Mint Tea
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-reads
I feel like the story goes in a loop. Like the lines are written over and over again and I don't feel comfortable about it. It loses the spark.

I'm also confused at what the synopsis says: And Fate has a twisted sense of humor because it chose Rhyland Midnitegale as king, who just happens to be her sworn enemy.

The book does not say anything about Rhyland being an enemy. He has this bored face on him and his character just doesn't click. Also, there's way too much mystery it started to feel confu
Saki
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it

This book is short like it ends abruptly not a"OMG ,WTF" Cliffhanger but a "Gah,now I have to wait for the next book" Cliffhanger.*yes there's a difference*
Now where were we ya the plot,Raven unexpectedly becomes a queen and her nemesis becomes her king.Now she has to cope up with the disaster and be a nice vamp queen.Then there's a matter of the curse which btw is the loop of above process.How she stops the curse you have to read the other books it seems.

This plot has a lot of potentia
christine baker
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very hard to put down

I enjoyed this book. I found while looking for something to pass the time with. To my surprise I stumbled across a great read. I love how right up till the end Raven fights her fate. What I didn't like was how short the book was. I don't mind cliff hangers but I do expect more when I pay for a book. If you can read this one for free its a great start to what could be an epic story. I will read the next book because I'm curious how Jessica is going to spin this tale. Ravens g
Tiffani Yu
Mar 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
This...thing is like the representation of everything I hate in a story. I'm talking about the big picture. Here we have a girl, supposedly witty even as she comes off very dry and not in a good way, and she has a mean and dumbo sister who used to bully her and lower her self-confidence. And then suddenly Raven becomes this girl everyone worships. She becomes special because of something she was born for, not something she does.

I just don't like it. How do I put it in words? I don't enjoy it as
Dimmy
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
It was a really short story. I was stunned when i had read the ending. i was like this can not be it, there has to be more. but there isn't, not yet =(
I liked the story because it had humour and you want to know what will happen next. You want an explanation for everything. I advice people to read this book, but wait till there are more books from this series because it will be a long wait with a lot of questions.
Kim Latham
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love

At the moment I both love and hate Jessica Sorensen. Don't get me wrong, she is an amazing and talented writer who is definitely in my Top 10 Favorite Authors, but she is killing me. I need book 2. I fall into her books from page one everytime then have to wait for the next book. I don't have that much patience!! This was an amazing story and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Rebecca Davison
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Superbly written!

Boy was I ever thrown for a loop toward the end of this story and I loved ever second of it. Every single book Sorensen has written seems to be in a class of their own. She's very good at creating believable characters that you want to keep following. I loved this particular story BC it deals with paranormal and Royalty. This book definitely will leave you wanting book two!
Nikki
A very pleasant surprise. I read the preview thinking--- ahhhhh, I don't know if this book is for me. I ended up giving it a shot because of the high review on here, and the story didn't disappoint. It isn't at all like the preview! And that ending... AWESOME!!!!! However, I do not like the short length. It feels like publishers are breaking books into chunks so we have to pay $2.99 to each small part. Just sell me a full book already!
Gia
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
So there I am reading along when I get to the ending which smacks me upside the head!

This wasn't an all time greats kinda read, but I did enjoy this book. I had a theory about where it was going, but I can honestly say I was hella impressed with the twist, did not see it coming, at all. This for me in an age of easily predictable plot lines I think, is pretty impressive.

3.75 and onto book two!
Elizabeth
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Didn't expect that

I surprisingly enjoyed this book far more than I expected. There are few times that twist endings or cliff hangers shock me. This one came as a surprise. While Violet hopes for fate to change her path and I curse the obvious secrecy of her King, the larger story went by glaringly apparent in hindsight. If you like the look of Kings and Queens in fantasy realms, give it a shot. And remember what you know about the fey.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. NA or Adult PNR: woman vampire is special. [s] 6 82 Oct 22, 2018 05:58PM

• Fallen Academy: Year One (Fallen Academy, #1)
  • Finding You (Pack Bardot, #1)
  • Awakening (The Equinox Pact #1)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Two (Fallen Academy #2)
  • The Pack (The Pack #1)
  • Introductions (The Ghost Bird, #1)
  • Persuade (Blood Persuasion #1)
  • Academy of Assassins (Academy of Assassins, #1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Reaper Untamed (Deadside Reapers, #3)
  • Second Term (Dragon Fire Academy #2)
  • Variant Lost (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #1)
  • Adelaide's Fate (Her Fate #1)
  • Witching on a Star (Academy of Witches, #1)
  • Half-Blood (Darkblood Academy, #1)
  • Runaway (Max Pack Book 1)
  • House of Darken (Secret Keepers, #1)
  • The Power of Hades (The Hades Trials, #1)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

Curse of the Vampire Queen (4 books)
  • Enchanting Raven (Curse Of The Vampire Queen #2)
  • Alluring Raven (Curse of the Vampire Queen #3)
  • Enticing Raven (Curse of the Vampire Queen, #4)