Start by marking “Blood of the Gods (Elysium Legacies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood of the Gods (Elysium Legacies, #2)

Blood of the Gods (Elysium Legacies #2)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
The sequel to the genre-bending, hugely imaginative Death is but a Dream.

“There must always be a God of Wealth…”

Former police detective Callie Saunders shouldn’t be alive, but she’s been thriving with her new lease on life away from the machinations of the ancient Greek gods and goddesses.

Yet there’s always been someone missing from this little piece of paradise.

When a ven
Published February 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blood of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of the Gods

Kerry
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading about Callie and Plutus...all of the characters really come to life through Erin Hayes writing. The adventures Callie gets herself into though....at the most tense situation something funny will break the tension for a bit. So enjoying this series!!!! This is a definite must read!!!!
Felicia Semmler
A wild roller coaster

I have a lot hate relationship with this book.
I loved it because your feet were swept out for under you at each turn but hated it for the same reason!
The story is raw, emotional, and unexpected.
The ending is the best - I can't think of a better one for Plutus and Callie! Their relationship has faced so much and the story of it is amazing.
I highly recommend this book and the first one - Death is But a Dream.
Great job Erin! I think you hit the ball outta the park with th
Lindsay
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edit
LibaN is a stellar sequel in this thrilling Greek gods paranormal romance. So much time has passed since I read the first book, and I was worried that I would be lost, but the author did an amazing job at keeping the reader up to pace. I would even say that you could easily follow along without the first book, though it would definitely add another dimension to your reading enjoyment.
Mon Le Bon
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I've only read two books! We're back with former police detective Callie Saunders with a baby this time.
Again Callie is on another adventure not only to save her son, but also to rekindle her relationship with Plutus (the God of wealth). Old favourites such as Dion and Tisiphone are back as well as new Gods and Goddesses with plenty of adventure in the mix.
At points in this book it felt like your heart was breaking with what Callie was going through and some of the situat
Teri
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good I am going to work real hard to express to you the beauty and emotion and intensity without telling you spoilers. The other books in the series are good make no mistake about it, but there is something about this ending to the tale of Calli and Plutus that just does it for you. Calli shows just how strong and determined we humans can be and never takes no for an answer. At the same time Plutus is working so hard at trying to get them together. Hit after hit after hit, makes ...more
Teri
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fran
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
So this book was a throw off all your expectations kind of thing and it made me love it! It also annoyed the crap out of me to no end because I hate not knowing things! Which resulted in me reading the whole thing in one sitting so I could find the ending!

Callie and Prutus are so in love. I hated that they could not be together at the end of book one. And their son Paul I just wanted to hug him, and Callie both through out the entire book! Callie is the strongest woman in the world! Super amazin
Books And
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a second book in a series and you will definitely want to read Death is but a Dream first. This story basically picks up where book one left off with Plutus and Callie trying to find a way to live in separate worlds. Unfortunately once again Fate is conspiring against them (or so Callie thinks) when a mothers worst nightmare comes true. Erin Hayes spins a heartfelt and emotional story once again intertwining our everyday reality with greek mythology taking us on a journey sure to pull at ...more
Jo Dawson
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast forward five years from Death is but a Dream. Callie is a single-mom with the support system of her former police force partner, his wife, and Tisiphone. Still missing Plutus, Callie carries on with their son to live a full life until one day the underworld comes to claim him. Hell hath no fury like a mother scorned. From the depths of the hell to the heavens of Mount Olympus, Callie uses pure old fashioned detective skills to seek those she’s lost.

What a great story, Erin Hayes is skilled
Diann
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderfully unique story idea. This was definitely worth the wait.
A beautifully written story full of awesome characters. I truly enjoyed
reading it and would highly recommend it to everyone.
JAX R.V
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!
Lauren
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great plot twists and inclusion of mythology.
Jaimie O'Dell
Oh so good

After book one left me sad I was happy for this emotional rollercoaster. Now will there be a three or is this the end?
☆Joycedale☆
This was a great story.
*Spoilers for Death is but a Dream*
The book starts with Callie going into labor, having her baby and seeing Plutus. Then it skips ahead 4 yrs. Callow hasn't seen Plutus since Paul was born. She's made quite a life for them along with "Dion", Glenda and "Tessa".
After getting home from a trip to the hospital Callie had a very unexpected vistor and then all hell breaks loose.
Callie then is transported back to The Underworld while everyone does their best to find Paul or at le
Denise Van plew
Once again I find myself in this author's world where greek gods and goddesses can come into play. This centers around Callie with her living her life then drama strikes. There are also other characters that will make this a balance of reading into another world so to speak. This author is unique in getting us into this and keeping us there. There is drama that will have to have some answers that you will be at times on edge on seeing the direction it goes. Romance is not forgotten either so tha ...more
Pam
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I really like the first book, but this second one was even better. I read the two books in this series (Death is But A Dream) back to back and I'm glad I decided to do it that way. This is another original storyline in the realm of greek mythology. Take a storyline and twist it around to meet modern times or twisted views. It's saying something that the immortal gods need a human to come visit their world to flesh out the bad guys and return things back to normal! I mean, these are gods we're ta ...more
Kristin
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's so good to be immersed back into the fantasy world that Erin Hayes has created. I'm just glad it's not me that has to be immersed in the river Styx!!
This author creates such a strong cast of characters especially Callie she is such a strong character in the face of so many trials both emotional and physical.
Plutus who exhibits his strength and love even if he isn't able to do so in an overt and physical way.
This review would not be complete without a shout out to one of my favorite seconda
Becca Winter
I didn't read the first book because I'm dumb but anyway.
Sylvia Schneider
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can anything go right for Callie?? This book is pretty much every mothers nightmare...a child getting taken, not knowing where he is and who has him. This is an emotional roller coaster for sure.
As Callie searches for her son Paul, she is thrown yet again into a world she has no clue about, but perseveres.
I found Callie to be a bit much in this book, but I guess what mother wouldn't be in this situation. Love the support characters in this book, they help make it. A HEA, and a must read.
Gwen Samson
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read

I gave this book a 5 star rating because I loved it Erin Hayes. Yet another book I stayed up to the wee small hours to finish it. Well worth a read
B.Craze
Loved it! The battle to be together that Plutus and Calista fought! This book just shows you sometimes even God's need a little help!
Tina Graham
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book show how hope and faith can get u through anything. It is a very good read. I hated it ended. I read it to fast.
Destiny
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the second book I've ever read from this particular author, I was amazed, very ingenious,and engaging. I could not put it down. Books normally don't make me cry , but this one was so well written it had me from start to finish. Can not wait to read more. I will definitely be adding this author to my favorites.
Christine
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun,suspenseful read that educates as you go. A real love story until the end. A definite read and wish there were more!
Madeleine
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved this 2nd book in the series, which you can also read as a stand-alone book as there is enough info from the previous book provided to understand what has happened. I loved all the Greek Mythology that is flowing through these books and it gives such delicious plot twists and turns that I found it VERY hard to put the book down. I can recommend it to anyone who likes the old Greeks in a newer jacket and who can enjoy a good detective and romance novel. This book has everything and th ...more
Sandra
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life Has Disappointments!

Callie and Plutus have a son, Paul. Life has a way of throwing us lemons. We decide how to handle it. They decide to fight back. It seems they have lost what is most precious to them. But Love and family come through, proving that Love conquers all.
Mandy Parmenter
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed this advanced reader copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

Ex police detective Callie Saunders is lucky to be alive but is doing well away from all the Greek gods and goddesses - but of course she is missing the one she loves so it is always going to be a struggle.

It all comes to a head when a god seeking vengeance kidnaps her son and she has to go back to the world of those gods and goddesses to try and rescue him. Will she save not just him but maybe even human
Chantell Reid
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book takes you on a journey. So many elements that make you go WHOA! Callie's character gets a bit irritating for me but it works well for the storyline. Plutus can't seem to catch a break and I thought for sure Hades had a hand in the turmoil but I was pleasantly surprised.

Dion's journey took an interesting twist, one that I didn't even consider a possibility. And that Fury friend.. I hope there is another book in the works that expands on her journey as well as the new life for Plutus, P
Lisa Lawson
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. I loved Erin Hayes representation of the Gods, the Underworld and of Mount Olympus. This book is full of action and suspense from page one. I loved the story line, the characters, everything!
Five years have passed since Callista's trip to the Underworld to save Plutus. In that time she built a life for herself, her son Paul, Dion, and Tisiphone. Without warning Paul is kidnapped and she finds herself back in the Underworld on the greatest
Katy Birch
Flove this series.

Callie is one strong female mortal who seems to thrive on danger. She puts everyone in front of herself and she wouldnt hestitate to help anybody. She will stand up to gods. She is a force of nature and thank god she gets her happy ending!
« previous 1 3 next »
Sci-fi junkie, video game nerd, and wannabe manga artist Erin Hayes writes a lot of things. Sometimes she writes books.

She works as an advertising copywriter by day, and she's a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author by night. She has lived in New Zealand, Hawaii, Texas, Alabama, and now San Francisco with her husband, cat, and a growing collection of geek paraphernalia.

You can reach her
More about Erin Hayes

Elysium Legacies (3 books)
  • Shades of the Gods (The Elysium Legacies, #1)
  • Ruin of the Gods (Elysium Legacies, #3)