Start by marking “The Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book Three” as Want to Read:
The Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book Three

The Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book Three

Josephine Bartlett is back, joined by a colorful cast of friends: her partner in mystery-solving, Lill Fitzel, flamboyant ex-beauty queen, Myrtle Grabinowitz, former attorney/current novelist, Philippa Scott Williamson, Brookside’s thief, Edna Prisant, good friends Devi and Mac McElroy, and last, but not least, love-interest Norman Neumann.

When new resident, Lottie
Published May 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book Three

Start your review of The Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book Three
 Julie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast and fun read. I have so enjoyed the shenanigans of the varied characters of the Brookside Retirement Community. This third books delves deeper into the relationships of the main characters, Josephine, Norman, Lillian, Devi and Mac.
A fun story, with a good mystery woven in for the ladies to solve, but not without danger and intrigue.
A delightful read!

I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for a fair review.
Margaret Johnson
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Lottie, a new, glamorous resident at the Babbling Brook Retirement home speaks about the mysterious disappearance of her husband at one of the home’s notorious ‘naked poker’ games, Josephine and Lil can’t help turning detective again. But all is not as it seems, and the stakes are high as Lottie’s scheming puts Josephine’s relationship with her beloved Norman to the test. With her loved ones facing challenges of their own, Josephine must somehow find the courage to accept happiness before ...more
Sue
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good book to pull together any unfinished threads from the previous books, and supply new characters and info. I really enjoyed reading more about the characters and getting them to a good conclusion, but there were many challenges to the happy ever after goal. And I really worried that they weren't going to make it through so many ups and downs and drama from several different women who supplied really negative vibes. I could breathe deeply after the end- I think I held my breath ...more
sharon mason
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Meet the ladies who deliver laughs, love and mystery.

I love the elderly residents of Brookside. They are quirky and full of mischief. Their hobby, is investigating and solving crimes from robbery to murder. In this 4 part series, author, Ann Warner has assembled a delightful cast who are witty, urban and fun. A great break from my passion for WW2 reading. 4 stars because I found a few passages repetitive, but otherwise quite well-written.
Carol Griffin
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hoping for book #4 !!!

I love this series ! The author did an amazing job of creating her characters. I can clearly picture them in my head. Retired, lonely, and some thrown away by family , create their own loving family of friends. The mysteries are light and uncomplicated but their lives are not . A real joy to read it , if only I could have a cup of Josephines great tea
Claire
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series!

I have thoroughly enjoyed all three of the Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club books. I hope that there will be more in the series.
There is always a mystery to be solved and Josephine and all of her friends get the job done with cunning and humor. The relationship that they have makes me wish they were real and that I knew all of them!

Carlin
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Awesome trilogy (though I wish there more in the series). I loved the main characters and the setting (mostly in a retirement community). There was a good (cozy) mystery too in this book three along with a delightful story of friendship, love at any age, and strong women taking control of their lives. Highly recommended.
Roberta Treat
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good trilogy of books that point out that intrigue, romance and love are not just for the young

but for every open heart. Perhaps a bit more complexity would be welcome,.but entertaining.. A Cincinnati senior living facility about unusual settings.
Marsha G Effner
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Lazy Day Read

This 3 book series is a wonderful way to pass lazy afternoons. The characters are engaging and the plots are far fetched and fun.

These lovely characters give me hope that with a little creativity, old age can be fun and engaging.
Sharon Richardson
Fun to read

I bought the first one because of the name. I was hesitant about reading a book that took place at a senior living establishment. But when I started reading I couldn't put it down. Bought all 3 and glad I did.
Tina
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great cozy mystery series! Well developed characters. I like that each chapter is written from a different character’s point of view. The plot is well thought out and the twists and turns keep you guessing!
Ava Balsamo
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really want more!!!

From the first sentence of book 1, I was hooked! Could there be a book 4 or more, please? Would love to know what happens to Josephine and Norman,.Devin and Mac, the twins... You can't leave us hanging!!!
Steve McCurley
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want to live at Brookside

Thoroughly enjoyed this series. I can picture the characters and hear their dialogue. The book would make a great movie. The characters were very real. I want more!
Kimberley Horning
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the series

Thank you Ann! I really enjoyed this series and all the characters (old, in more ways than one) and the new in each story. I don't know if book 4 will be written, but I would definitely like to see more chapters.
Elizabeth Goodwin
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Started this book immediately after Book 2. Couldn’t put it down, stayed up way past midnight to finish it.
Will miss the brilliant characters. Starting Ann Warner’s first book now ‘Dreams for Stones’ - that’s part of a trilogy too!!!!
Dawn Westlund
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

Great, original stories! Have just read all three books in this series, and loved them all. Humor, love and some interesting sleuthing by seniors. It's Never too late to do something new, or make new friends. Never lost interest for a second!
Christy Calhoun Miller
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Babbling Brook tales

O was totally engrossed in these women s lives from page one!!! Great stories, mysteries, and a fantastic sense of humor, Me Warmer writes such excellent stories you just want to keep reading!!
Darcy
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed.

Highly recommend. Enjoyed the entire series. Easy to read, with enjoyable characters. Good stories. I would read more in this series, if she continues!
Dinnl
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
A good end and there was a mystery. Looking back this was definitely better read as one book with one and two. Good character building.
Donna Agin
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Light reading
David Solove
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am sorry that this is the last book in this series. I have greatly enjoyed spending time with these characters.
Florence S.
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scamming a,Scammer

Great characters and an interesting look at way people look to take from others what's not theirs. Loved reading this series.
Sue
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful series! Wish there was another!
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely a series to read in order; it's one long story, but a truly lovely one. Highly recommended.
Beth Birnbaum
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book three in a really fun series. I read them all in a few days, only because after the first and second, I wanted to save the third for when I needed it. Such is life, I needed it in a couple of days.
The characters are fun, the plots are great, and the interaction between generations is special.
I'm 68 years old, and I don't feel like I'm any different from when I was younger. Okay, gray hair, a knee that gets wrenched periodically by walking a 45 pound beagle, but essentially the same.
Sherril Cuzzell
Sep 23, 2018
Linda Macklin
May 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Chicken Scratch (The Sisters, Texas #1)
  • Too Cute to Kill (Jake and Emma Mysteries #1)
  • Up in Smoke (Glock Grannies #1)
  • Paramour Bay Mysteries Books 1-3 (Paramour Bay Mysteries Boxset Book 1)
  • The Pumpkin Seed Massacre: Ben Pecos Mysteries, Book 1
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • Chartreux Shock (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #2)
  • Wildflower Wedding: With a Killer Reception (The Sisters, Texas Mystery Series Book 8)
  • Calico Confusion (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #1)
  • With Killer Views (Flamingo Realty Mystery #6)
  • A Hopeless Murder (A Hope Walker Mystery Book 1)
  • A Berry Deadly Welcome (Kylie Berry #1)
  • The Root of All Evil: A Glock Grannies Cozy Mystery
  • A Relic to Die For (Books to Die For Book 5)
  • When the Stars Fall (The Sisters, Texas #2)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sweets Shop Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Home Again: Starting Over (The Sisters, Texas #4)
  • Horror in the Highlands (Reverend Annabelle Dixon Mystery #5)
A former Air Force brat turned clinical chemist, toxicologist, and university professor, Ann's life took another turn in 2001, when she began writing fiction. After completing a perfectly dreadful novel (she didn't know it was at the time) she talked her way into a graduate writing seminar and followed that up with several years of study as she continued to write. Along the way she made friends ...more