Start by marking “MADversary” as Want to Read:
MADversary

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

MADversary

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  1,315 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
This is an alternate cover edition for B007BDELLS.

They make sweet music together, but can it last?

Megan Walker doesn't plan to attend her high school reunion, but her best friend Lisa begs her to come along. Megan doesn't want to risk running into her old boyfriend Tyler Green, a man who has since become a rich and famous rock star, the frontman of a heavy metal band calle
Published (first published February 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about MADversary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MADversary

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
I LOVED this shorter novel by Jade C. Jamison, I'm a sucker for second chance romance stories and this definitely scratched an itch. FULL REVIEW to follow...

BOOK REVIEW: MADversary – Jade C. Jamison – 4 Stars

MADversary is a tale of second chances. A friends to lovers’ story that spanned over almost a year in late high school. Now ten years on their class reunion is looming and Megan Walker has never got over her first love, the boy she gave her innocence to, before they went their separate ways
Christine
DNF

This may work for you but it did not work for me. This is my opinion and how I perceived the story.

The entire relationship makes no sense. I felt no connection. The heroine was quick to say "ok, I will go back to your hotel after you have not seen me in 10 years and never tried to contact me". The minute she said she would back to his hotel room, I was done.

(view spoiler)
Angela
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this one. I love Jade Jamison's writing so for me it seems familiar and flows easy. The story is cute, old flames reunite at their high school reunion, and one is now a big rock star. There were times I wanted to slap Meg for her ridiculous insecurities and gullibility. But over all it was a quick, fun and steamy read that I enjoyed very much. I love this author and look forward to more from her!
Nicole Miller
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have come to love Jade Jamison books and this was no different. Megan and Tyler are one of my favorite couples (who wouldn't love a guy that shows up at your book club...prepared). MADversary is a quick, fun read that I would recommend you give a try. I really liked reading about the reunion. It reminded me of going to mine. There is always drama and hookups that people regret later but there always seems to be that one romance that blooms out of it and lasts. I love that possibility!!
Bethany Lovell
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I revisited this story a while ago, and enjoyed it more the second time around. I've since learned to let go of expectations when it comes to "rock star" books, and was able to enjoy it for the story it was.
Kayleigh Davies
I thought this was just ok. I didn't really feel anything for the character, I didn't really get any chemistry between Tyler and Megan. I felt like there was no story there between the two, especially considering they had a history it should have felt more but it just didn't.
Jessica
I'm not going to finish it because its sooo boring:/
Alexandra Lambrou
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a cute little second chance romance.
Tyler and Meg dated in high school. Tyler starting moving forward in his music career and then life just happened. When it’s time for the high school reunion and they see each other again all bets are off.
I’m giving this book 4 stars only because it was really short for my liking.
Without giving away spoilers I’ll just say..
Also the Meg and Tamara thing was just unrealistic on Megs part. I don’t know how she didn’t just find out more and
Stace
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Not sure why I just couldn't get into this like Bullet series
Z. Elizabeth
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Jade Jamison and oh wow, I think I will definitely be downloading more books of hers because I could not put this book down. It was my Lazy Sunday book and I enjoyed every page of it.

It’s been ten years since high school ended and ten years since Megan Walker has seen her old high school boyfriend Tyler Green – now famous rockstar and adored by millions of girls and she’d like to say she hasn’t thought about him, but that’s not true as she had kept up with h
Mary Lou Hoffman
Category /Genre: NA Romance
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content
Received from: Jade C. Jamison in exchange for an honest review
Grammar/editing: A – near perfect

Megan is an introvert and assistant librarian at the Winchester Public Library. It has been ten years since high school graduation and her best friend, Lisa, is cajoling her to attend. Megan doesn’t want to run into her high school sweetheart, a boy she never got over and is now the lead singer
Twinsie Talk Angie J
check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.TWinsietalk.blogspot.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
@twinsietalk

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Uhm can I say Tyler is some delicious fun!!! This story is a fun, sexy read. It is all about Megan who doesn't want to attend her 10th year high school reunion but her bestie basically pouts, whines and strong arms her into going. Megan says she will stay but If Tyler shows, she is outta there. She is still madly in lo
Sue
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as part of Jamison's Backstage Passion. LOVED it!!!

When Jamison is not writing bigger than life rock sagas...she excels at writing about things and people we know and love (sometimes hate) in our everyday lives.
Who the hell doesn't hate the back-stabbing bitch from high school...who looks at going to their high school reunion as anything BUT pure torture and who doesn't have that high school crush that got away? We ALL do damn it and this book is a glimpse into one woman's jour
Sweets Books
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, it was a bit slow in places. But overall it was a great story about second chances! It ultimately comes down to trust more then anything in this story! Whether or not the two MC's have enough trust not only in themselves to make the correct decisions but also in each other!

Megan ~ Mmmm, she was sure of herself but at the same time she wasn't. Which lead her to be unsure of Tyler in the end. She was quick to believe everyone else over him without actually ever asking him for his side
Paula  Phillips
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to attend your 10 year reunion ? What it would be like to see your ex-boyfriend ? The one that got away ? For Megan Walker she is dreading about attending her reunion due to one person in particular - singer Tyler Green , her old boyfriend who left to become famous and now plays in the Heavy Metal Band MADversary. MADversary was a short but sweet novel where we all can guess the plotline of two old lovers reuniting and then of course compromising in o
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This book freaking sucked! I can't believe I even finished it, but then again I do have issues with not finishing books.

The writing sucked; it didn't flow, the language was weird at times, the characters lacked depth and personality and the few sex scenes that did take place seemed forced with no connection.

The sad thing about this book is that the storyline had potential to really be good. It could have gone somewhere.

Total flop and wish I could sell the damn ebook back.
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
MIND BLOWING!! well written rock star romance!! cleverly written, fabulous characters, you just dont want to put the book down from start to finish. I am really pleased with the way the story panned out and what a lovely ending. What would have completed that book was if there had been an epilogue concluding events that happened further down the line. Its a shame that only 1 book was wrote based on these characters, another one would have been AWESOME!! overall its fun, entertaining and heart-wa ...more
Stacey
Aug 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rockstars-bands
Good read. Megan doesn't want to chance running into her high school sweetheart/the one that got away at her reunion. Thanks to her BFF - she ends up going hoping he won't show. But he turns up anyway trying to get her back.
Challenges arise; her inner monologue (let’s be honest we all ruin things with thinking sometimes) and crazy ex that is determined to keep Tyler and Megan from reuniting.

A good story and a happy ever after.
Linda Rimer-Como
This is a cute, fast paced love story about possible second chances. The storyline moves smoothly and the characters are well detailed and very believable. Megan and Tyler were in a relationship in high school but different life paths separated them, until the ten year reunion. Can you love be rekindled after so many years and totally different life styles? A reall enjoyable read you shouldn't miss.

Gifted a copy.
Doris
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my 4 star books. It wasn't that it wasn't good, it just didn't leave me feeling let down when I finished it. There have been some rockstar romance books that I have read lately that have you on the rollercoaster ride that the main characters are on. Do I regret reading it...no otherwise I would not have given it 4 stars. I am looking forward to starting a new book though.
Kristen
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought MADversary because I "heart" rockstars and rockstar books. I absolutely LOVED the Tangled Web series, so I knew this book would not disappoint... and boy was I right! I really liked the "The one that got away" aspect of the book and it was fun watching Megan and Tyler reconnect and fall in love all over again. Jade C. Jamison has definitely earned herself a fan for life!
Liz
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rock
I loved this book.

Megan is persuaded by her best friend to attend their 10 year high school reunion. The one person Megan doesn't want to see is her ex boyfriend Tyler, they'd drifted apart when she'd gone to college and Tyler followed his musical dreams. Their paths cross and suddenly things aren't as black and white and any more.

A brilliant quick read.

Danielle Sanchez
This story was so sweet, show how real loves never really goes away and can sneak out of hiding at the most unexpected moments. I love that the female lead refuses to settle and knows what will take for her to be happy with a future partner. Then there is the super smokin hot rockstar, how do you say no to that!
Line
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As everything Jade writes this is a solid piece of writing and I highly enjoyed it :)

Tyler is a real sweetheart and he and Megan make a really sweet couple.
I will however have to say that this is far from my favorite book by Jade C. Jamison.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
I liked this book did not love it but liked it. I felt the story had more potential then what was displayed. I found the ending a bit anti-climatic after all the angst of miscommunication then poof voila they are together. Otherwise good quick read.
Nancy Metsch
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am totally team Tyler. He just blew me away. I also loved Meagan. They were a perfect fit. This story just proves that " if you love something. set it free. If it comes back it was your. If it never comes back it never was yours" My hat goes off too Jade for this book
Muriel
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun quick read. Really enjoyed the story. The characters are really likeable. A bit more of character developpement or some flashbacks from their high school days would have been nice to add but really liked this book. A sequel would be awesome too!!
Micheline Fourie
I was a little disappointed in this book... Took me a long time to finish :-\
Garmieturtel
Rather than being a hard core rocker story, this is actually a high school reunion reconnect story. Not as dramatic as it tried to be, but still a nice, easy read.
Sue
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book by Jade Jamison. I have read all she has written. Waiting for her next one.
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine/merge these titles 3 17 Apr 02, 2015 04:05AM
  • Front Man (Front Man, #1)
  • Access All Areas (Access, #1)
  • Jade Butterfly (Wicked, #3)
  • Fury (The Sound Wave Series, #1)
  • Face the Music
  • For Everything
  • All Access (Chasing Cross, #1; Brothers of Rock, #1)
  • Rock My World (Firewire, #1)
  • Rock Star's Girl (A Hollywood Dating Story, #1)
  • Sound Bites
  • Rock Star's Angel
  • Time Out (Foolish Games, #2)
  • Blindsided
  • Private Love in a Public Place (Private Love, #1)
  • For All the Right Reasons (Band of Brothers, #1)
  • Wicked Part 2 (Rock Me, #5)
  • Marry Me
  • Stricken Desire (Stricken Rock, #1)
“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” While you’re more likely to see Jade headbanging instead of Dirty Dancing, she—like Baby—won’t be put in a corner…or a box. So even though you can’t really stick her books in one genre, you could say she mostly writes steamy Contemporary Romance—and, while you’re at it, you’ll notice in her stories that Jade freaking loves Colorado, hard music, coffee, bad words, an ...more